PDA

View Full Version : Clock drop

Frekken
06-15-2014, 08:53 PM
Well. Since the last client update I've noticed the clock doesn't drop as usual. I don't know if the ability has some type of autoaiming . and for mages that run elite that's hell important. But now clock drops behind me. Sometimes. Others it goes far away. So I just want to know if it's just me. Or is it like the time fb wasn't behaving as it should. Thanks

Zeus
06-15-2014, 09:22 PM
Are you sure it isn't lag? This happens sometimes with shadow piercer and traps in a map with me.

Try checking your ping after this happens. I may be incorrect but I'm pretty sure that clock works just like traps. You have to "guess" where to drop it.

Crowsfoot
06-15-2014, 09:29 PM
Are you sure it isn't lag? This happens sometimes with shadow piercer and traps in a map with me.

Try checking your ping after this happens. I may be incorrect but I'm pretty sure that clock works just like traps. You have to "guess" where to drop it.
Clocks usually dropped slightly behind you. They seem to drop more randomly (like traps) now.

tharidom
06-16-2014, 01:33 AM
Since i started running wt4 my horn of renew also is bothering me:/.

Bigboyblue
06-16-2014, 07:09 AM
It's definitely lag related. I feel your pain though. Nothing worse than clock dropping 5 meters away from where you are standing. If you don't get that clock placed right during elites parties die.

mikejee
06-16-2014, 09:45 AM
Are you standing still while dropping your clock? If so it could definitely be a combination of that and lag. What I personally do is stun the mob with fire/slag/whatever then run to the tank with clock charged and as soon as I run into the tank I turn around and release clock. It drops that beast right on the tanks head 90% of the time unless I'm lagging, then it picks its own place to fall.

Horn on the other hand is rather irritating, in pvp I'll be standing right next to my team. I charge horn and release but guess who gets shielded? Only me, no one else. Then I get asked "Tank doesn't have heal???" That's something that definitely needs to be looked at. Maybe its other players pings, because mine typically hovers around 70-90 ping.

Frekken
06-16-2014, 10:33 AM
I guess it could be ping related. But I made some tests.
Sometimes it drops in the direction you are looking /walking at the time you release the button. Sometimes it does it behind you. Sometimes it goes like wtf are you droping there??!