PDA

View Full Version : Str/int hybrid bird twink lvl19-20

CozzaFrenzy
01-02-2011, 08:05 PM
I'm curious about making a bird that is dual spec'd for int and str. Is it worth trying or just plain crazy???

TrogZ
01-03-2011, 03:20 PM
I have also been dwelling on this, and I have a battle plan, no it isnt crazy, but you need to think hard about the items your going to use!

Arterra
01-03-2011, 03:21 PM
it will be hard, considering you are losing out on the default +7 dex

Zerious
01-04-2011, 11:19 AM
you'd most likely be twinking at level 20 due to possible lack of stats (assuming you're going for str shield/wand approach) other than that, it would depend on what you're going for: skill power, or endurance. Also if you aren't doing the hybrid item set as mentioned above, then considering intermediate ranged wand damage or powerful melee striking would most likely influence the placement of your stats.

ie: str/int build-pure int set
-build the character to have JUST enough int to actually WEAR the gear
-Once you've figured out which items to use to end the int stat at the MINIMUM requirement for the equip with the HIGHEST int requirement.(if your int gear requires 63 int but wand requires 64, you should have 64 int INCLUDING the bonuses given by the int gear.)
-the rest of the stats are thrown into str for the benefits
-end result: bird who's int properties come from the gear itself, and the str properties from the base stats.

same would go for a str/int build-full str set

hybrid sets are much harder to pull off since birds dont have high root stats (the +7 at the beginning) in str or int. Therefore most likely having to proceed to level 20.

General benefits of str/int bird:
-high skill power (birds' skills are naturally strong but int puts them on steroids)
-high armor
-high health AND mana regen (also depends on gear)
General cons of str/int bird:
-lower auto-attack dps
-lower hit rate
-lower crit rate (if focus is maxed, then it should make up for the loss of hitrate. And with int-powered birds skills with crit? Hax...)
-(piggybacking this ^^^) focus DOES wear off, dex built opponents are now a threat.

considering the gear:

pros of int set:
-mana regen bonuses (a bit of health regen in some cases, which only adds to the base str benefits)

cons of int set:
-lowest gear armor(base str barely makes up for this loss)
-not enough health regen to last in rumbles or against full str pallys

pros of str set:
-health regen bonuses
-highest armor bonuses
-sometimes damage bonuses are found
-weapons with heavy-hitting base damage (makes up for dps loss due to no dex)

cons of str set:
-practically no mana regen
-ranged opponents will kite you if you don't kill them with skills or miss root.

consider according to player funds for str/int hybrid set:
-finding the gear to boost stats to wear str helm, shield, and armor, and still be able to use wand, knowing you lack a high root stat in either str or int.

pros of hybrid set:
-well balanced regen in both health and mana
-high armor
-decent skill power increase(use of wand also affects skill power (consider this when considering int set))

cons of hybrid set:
-sometimes balanced can be too lax in any given area (full dps dex bird can one combo crit kill you)(full int mages can stall you till you mana out)
-(my opinion) annoying task to hunt for items to boost stats to pull off this set. (it's most likely worth it)

These are things based on my observations in pvping with and against various builds. Hope it helps

FluffNStuff
01-04-2011, 11:55 AM
Intelligence birds rule 17 and under, after that their benefit becomes kinda moot.

Zerious
01-04-2011, 12:49 PM
Piggybacking on what FluffNStuff said. It's all a matter of how familiar and effective you are with your bird. Put it this way: If you could figure out how to defeat an EXACT CLONE of your bird-I mean playstyle, gear, skills, EVERYTHING-then you pretty much have full control of your bird. The next step when be applying it against the virtually endless other builds out there in pvp.