PDA

View Full Version : 2H Pally Viable at all?

mitens
01-02-2011, 08:14 PM
I was about to try duel spec and go int/str and see if i can use a 2h and do some good damage. So does anyone have any input on this?

Pharcyde
01-02-2011, 08:31 PM
Thats a Paladin. You can rock a 2 handed bear weapon on a enchantress, but your m/s rates suck and you will have less armor.

Your more likely to cast better damage with a stave that increases spell damage, but if you get ahold of a person in PvP with your hammer, it causes a ton of damage.

mitens
01-02-2011, 08:34 PM
Yeah I noticed that nobody uses 2h weapons anymore at max lvl. Is that because they wer nerfed to hell?

Arterra
01-02-2011, 08:36 PM
if i die due to lagg or stupid mistake at, say, the keeper, i say
"F this... rage mode"
and whip out the hammer. gets a few lols, but i definitely dont die after that :)

Pharcyde
01-02-2011, 08:38 PM
Heheh I would have the ultimate dieing excuse if it said "Pharcyde has fallen" when I die.

It would be "Pharcyde has fallen" then I would say "Like a Boss" :P.

Anyways back onto topic, Arterra is correct. You can cast a ton of damage with a 2h weapon and still survive, just make sure you can withstand the aggro with less armor first.

mitens
01-03-2011, 04:05 AM
So has anyone actually tried this and had good results? And would anyone recomend a paladin over a full int mage or part str and rest int mage?

Pharcyde
01-03-2011, 06:01 PM
So has anyone actually tried this and had good results? And would anyone recomend a paladin over a full int mage or part str and rest int mage?

Yeah I think Arterra actually rocks his 2H weapon quite a bit, look at his forum picture with the hammer.

Depends on how you plan to play, Both builds are great and both suck at the same time.