PDA

View Full Version : The leaderboards need some changes....

Energizeric
06-16-2014, 03:42 PM
I think it's time to see the following leaderboard changes:

1) all leaderboards except "Top Player" should reset at the end of each season. A similar change was made to the leaderboards in Battle Command, and it was a good thing. It will make the leaderboards more competitive, and make it so that new players can actually compete.

Obviously "Top Player" cannot be reset since it is based on Achievement Points which cannot be had more than once. But the leaderboard for total kills or flags should be based on how many you have that season, just like the timed runs leaderboards also get reset. There are players who have not played in a year who still are on the leaderboards.

2) How about some decent rewards for making the leaderboard, other than a banner. For the week-long Goblin event, they gave an arcane shard and very rare exclusive pet for making the leaderboard. But for the regular leaderboards which are much harder to achieve, nothing except a banner? How about some better prizes? It would add some more competitiveness to the game.

3) I have proposed in the past that new "hard" achievements must be added in order to make the "Top Player" leaderboard functional. We are reaching a point where almost everyone on the leaderboard has every single possible achievement point, and soon the Top Player leaderboard will mirror the PvE Kills leaderboard.

In the absence of some new really hard achievements being added, I suggest that a new formula be put in place to calculate the tie breaker similar to what is used in ranking "Top Guilds" leaderboard. Some formula that incorporates all of your stats including PvE Kills, CTF Kills, CTF Flags and TDM Kills. At least then we would have a proper ranking instead of just choosing the player with the most PvE Kills. There is already a separate leaderboard for that.

falmear
06-16-2014, 03:51 PM
They can add the same for events LB. For each event have most points, most PvE Kills, and fastest time (normal & enhanced). Resetting PvE, PvP LB just leads to cheating. No point in doing this. And no one who has CTF flags is going to agree to reset this even though we all know the issues. Just create seasonal LB. This has been covered many times already almost no point to discuss it.

Daddyblu
06-16-2014, 03:52 PM
Yes there should be a separate LB FOR CTF, PVE , TDM, FLAG PVP PER SEASON.

Daddyblu
06-16-2014, 03:55 PM
They can add the same for events LB. For each event have most points, most PvE Kills, and fastest time (normal & enhanced). Resetting PvE, PvP LB just leads to cheating. No point in doing this. And no one who has CTF flags is going to agree to reset this even though we all know the issues. Just create seasonal LB. This has been covered many times already almost no point to discuss it.

Lol its not reseting the overall, normally we got overall flag then we got the seasonal flags LB.

Cheat like kill farming? Well sts can track this imo

Daddyblu
06-16-2014, 04:08 PM
If its not season who want to beat boss 3million pve kills?

Or ipred 80k pvp ctf kills?

Top 3 ctf kills is from karma its up to you guys, most LB players are my members in karma.

We are being fair to suggest this so everyone got a chance

Xenobiotic
06-16-2014, 04:11 PM
Energizeric constantly amazes me. The first idea was so fantastic, I actually thought I had a chance of making the leaderboards.

Eyrika
06-16-2014, 04:18 PM
If its not season who want to beat boss 3million pve kills?

Or ipred 80k pvp ctf kills?

Top 3 ctf kills is from karma its up to you guys, most LB players are my members in karma.

We are being fair to suggest this so everyone got a chance

Like you say, me i have give up for enter in lb pvp or pve. So i only try run rec but it s hard to beat a team with 3-4 players arcane ring...the lb should not be the hell. Srsly ! It s fun to do 10k flags ? Who take pleasure to do that...

Madnex
06-16-2014, 09:40 PM
Well those are decent ideas Ener but guess who's not going to like seeing them implemented? Yep, those who used exploits that have now been fixed to get where he/she is. This goes for both PvE/PvP and Timed Runs LB's.

Madxnoob
06-16-2014, 10:10 PM
I think it's time to see the following leaderboard changes:

1) all leaderboards except "Top Player" should reset at the end of each season. A similar change was made to the leaderboards in Battle Command, and it was a good thing. It will make the leaderboards more competitive, and make it so that new players can actually compete.

Obviously "Top Player" cannot be reset since it is based on Achievement Points which cannot be had more than once. But the leaderboard for total kills or flags should be based on how many you have that season, just like the timed runs leaderboards also get reset. There are players who have not played in a year who still are on the leaderboards.

2) How about some decent rewards for making the leaderboard, other than a banner. For the week-long Goblin event, they gave an arcane shard and very rare exclusive pet for making the leaderboard. But for the regular leaderboards which are much harder to achieve, nothing except a banner? How about some better prizes? It would add some more competitiveness to the game.

3) I have proposed in the past that new "hard" achievements must be added in order to make the "Top Player" leaderboard functional. We are reaching a point where almost everyone on the leaderboard has every single possible achievement point, and soon the Top Player leaderboard will mirror the PvE Kills leaderboard.

In the absence of some new really hard achievements being added, I suggest that a new formula be put in place to calculate the tie breaker similar to what is used in ranking "Top Guilds" leaderboard. Some formula that incorporates all of your stats including PvE Kills, CTF Kills, CTF Flags and TDM Kills. At least then we would have a proper ranking instead of just choosing the player with the most PvE Kills. There is already a separate leaderboard for that.
I disagree with reseting LB,; Reason being,; Im one of the few legit players in the game (meaning non-dummy farmer) and ive worked long and hard to get on LB for CTF kills, since ctf with no pets, so all my work erased would really upset me v.v IGN: Secretservice

Energizeric
06-16-2014, 10:13 PM
Well those are decent ideas Ener but guess who's not going to like seeing them implemented? Yep, those who used exploits that have now been fixed to get where he/she is. This goes for both PvE/PvP and Timed Runs LB's.

All the more reason for these ideas to be implemented. So that other players can have a chance to be on the leaderboards. Not just new players, but maybe players like myself who did not take advantage of past exploits.

Energizeric
06-16-2014, 10:17 PM
I disagree with reseting LB,; Reason being,; Im one of the few legit players in the game (meaning non-dummy farmer) and ive worked long and hard to get on LB for CTF kills, since ctf with no pets, so all my work erased would really upset me v.v IGN: Secretservice

You have already received your banners for that past work. No reason why you deserve a banner for season 6 if you did not get any CTF kills during season 6. There are a few players who haven't even played the game in a year or more, like Patrick, who still get banners and are on the leaderboards. That should not be the case.

Madxnoob
06-16-2014, 10:24 PM
Yeah maybe you right..If reset LB, I think i'd be #1 n CTF kills, but I definitly wouldnt want them reset if they dont put some kinda trigger on dummy farmers cause ill never catch back up to LB...I cannot compete with dummy farmers for real...ive seen people go up 10k kills n two days..rediculous..so then again, I disagree with resetting LB.. sighs also, ive seen samhayne say that there is no chance of reseting LB n the future.

latortugarabid
06-16-2014, 10:40 PM
There should be a section consisting of Deathless players on the LB ^_^

Daddyblu
06-16-2014, 11:30 PM
The overall will be be reset due to AP,

Guys its not like we are going to requesting to reset all, there will be a over all leader board for ctc, tdm, pve and pvp.

also another LB for seasonal.

This way we can see who are the best player per season.

Zylx
06-16-2014, 11:34 PM
What about Top Players with tied AP's? Would the pve kills that are used to substitute be reset in that category?

Xyzther
06-16-2014, 11:36 PM
2 Leaderboards, both next to eachother. One could be the current looking leaderboard and the other could have some kind of theme to do with the newest expansion (this one could be dragons?) and the original leaderboard would contain all time records and the other would contain the same statistics, but only for the current season.

Daddyblu
06-17-2014, 12:51 AM
2 Leaderboards, both next to eachother. One could be the current looking leaderboard and the other could have some kind of theme to do with the newest expansion (this one could be dragons?) and the original leaderboard would contain all time records and the other would contain the same statistics, but only for the current season.

Yup 2 Leader Board will do.

1.) Over All Leader Board ( THE OLD AND BORING LB BOARD)( contains of relic players also players who already quit lol!)

2.) The Leader Board By Season ( Cool new leader board - Much challenging - Best player per season - With MVP!)

leoakre
06-17-2014, 01:15 AM
Yup 2 Leader Board will do.

1.) Over All Leader Board ( THE OLD AND BORING LB BOARD)( contains of relic players also players who already quit lol!)

2.) The Leader Board By Season ( Cool new leader board - Much challenging - Best player per season - With MVP!)

Grr, Blu! Just cuz I have played since season 1 does not make me a relic!

Gives Blu a Gibb's smack! :uncomfortableness:

+10 for adding a seasonal LB to the good old fashioned standard LB that already represents all the long hours and blistered fingers for many of us sentimental (ahem) 'relics'

Daddyblu
06-17-2014, 01:26 AM
Grr, Blu! Just cuz I have played since season 1 does not make me a relic!

Gives Blu a Gibb's smack! :uncomfortableness:

+10 for adding a seasonal LB to the good old fashioned standard LB that already represents all the long hours and blistered fingers for many of us sentimental (ahem) 'relics'

I would accept a B_ 0_S smack :)

wont worry leo your not that old :)

epicrrr
06-17-2014, 01:55 AM
A LB per season has been suggested since the dawn of time, i cant find the thread but devs response to this was "A flag count or a kill count cant be tagged with a specific date or probably within a set of date". They will probably have to recode most of the PVP systems which will enable them to sandbox the duration of the season. Anyhow I've seen people catching up to top 25 with 10k flag! If they can do it you guys can too if you're willing to put your backs into it but of course (insert reason here) and who wanna sit all day flagging? :D

cents for ctf lb

uunknownn
06-17-2014, 03:44 AM
thanks for this very usefull sugeestion:) they already got their lb banners why dont you give a chance for the new players.

GoodSyntax
06-17-2014, 07:01 AM
I would like to see insanely difficult bosses introduced that 99% of the players will not be able to beat - even in a full party.

I have been able to solo every elite map every season, and to be honest, this should not be possible. There should be some bosses that cannot be beat by average or even above average PARTIES, let alone noob Rogues like myself.

I don't care if these bosses are part of some sort of portal/rare spawn systems, but I imagine something like Bael pre-nerfing (he was really, really tough back then), or preferably, even more difficult. And, not difficult as large AoE one hit attacks, but rather, high DPS bosses with fast healing abilities.

It won't be until more APs are added, many of which will not be earned, that we will start to see some diversity in the top player leader boards. Because, let's be honest here, the 10k Flags AP is basically unachievable right now for new players just starting off - which isn't a bad thing. We just need more unachievable PvE APs, because the leader board is punishing players that have no interest in PvP.

Madxnoob
06-17-2014, 05:42 PM
I still disagree even with a seasonal LB, because I wouldnt be able to compete with dummy farmers, yes I get LB banners every season with little work, so as we slow down while were on LB, should give others the time to catch up, when hit pvp ctf hard I can easily pull 250 kills a day so stop trying to change the game, just play harder...but yea..it would be stupid to erase LB, even if it went cool the entire season, the last week for banners and time for a new season everyone that dummy farms would pass me up the last week..but im pretty sure some will stick out before then...exclude Pvp from your erasing LB fantasy. The Pve exploits early on is a difrerent story,..but im sure those on LB for PVE put alot of time and work into w.e. they did. Timed runs records reset every season? Gives everyone a chance to compete for that, if your underpowered, (owell). Flags maybe could be reset, cause they changed the flagging rules, but again..we all worked hard. So if your new and cant compete with veterens well...that gives the player a goal to try and reach us, also makes you farm to get better gear to compete....ive hada few dranks n wanted to type alot. XD but, these facts still stand we all worked hard to get where we are. I dont want to see LB reset and a bunch of cheaters get banners...

Int
06-17-2014, 05:52 PM
I agree, if I was from season 1, I would have been at a 1m kill count but since I am from season 5 only having 200k kills is having a disadvantage from making it to the pve LB.

dantus
06-17-2014, 07:04 PM
My suggestion is this have 1 leaderboard called "legends board" and one called "season 6 leaderboard"
-Legends board ranks overall stats of players similar to the current guild ranking. So maybe the criteria could be total aps, total ctf kills, total tdm kills, total pve kills. Then average the rank of each of the catagories. So there would always be something new to improve for veteran players. Some may have a lot of pvp kills but few pve or be ranked high in ctf but low in tdm. This would keep ppl always striving to be well rounded.
- season 6 leaderboard same as current leaderboard wiped each season only tracking criteria obtained that season.