PDA

View Full Version : My overall thoughts on AL

raw
06-19-2014, 01:12 AM
So I've been playing AL since season one and I've had a few accounts (Merkage, Merrrrrrrked, Raw, Sofakingg, Divinecrit) and I've seen AL evolve season to season to what it is today.

When I started playing what captured my attention were the numerous maps that I could explore, and the fact that my pve adventures lead to gold which lead to me fully maxing my LVL 16 Mage after a month of work. Plat was a thing but it didn't buy much in game money...

Fast forward to season 6 and it's obvious that this is not the case at all. PVP and plat heavy items have soured the game and a sizeable portion of the communities behavior. What was once a friendly f2p game has become a crude p2p game where the worst of players comes out in pvp. I've heard the most ridiculous/rude/immature/outrageous things being said in PVP (many directly to me), and that's not OK. When I go into a match, if I'm not in one of the larger guilds I'm usually spawn ganged and called names. What impression is that going to make on a new player who downloads AL and walks into PVP? If I were them if quit the game right then...

I personally do not enjoy AL as much as I used to and have had to distance myself from the game a lot in the last few weeks.
Also, In PVP itself I find it very unsettling that an item such as the arcane ring holds a price tag over the maximum amount of gold possible, which allows players to be very OP. I've worked hard to save up around 40 million and I'm not even half way to a ring. I'd have to spend at least a hundred more hours merching just to get close to that item without spending plat. In season 1 the mighty flamestrike staff took me about a month of fun pve elite runs at brackenridge to get. Now I'd have to unload thousands of plat to get the arcane ring. The comparison is relevant and it exemplifies the drastic differences in what it takes to achieve the best item in the game...

I'm not here to complain but rather to share my frustrations and hope that others feel the same way about how the game has evolved, and if there is anything that we can do to change this, or is AL simply a game that's approaching extinction?

I personally have found myself playing much less, and will probably continue to do so unless the culture and p2p nature of the game is not addressed.

Sorry for the rant, and please feel free to address anything I've mentioned or even suggest solutions to reviving AL.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Zylx
06-19-2014, 01:37 AM
The PvP attitude problem is not STS's fault. It's the primitive nature of boosting one's own ego that's responsible. It's what happens when kids get sucked into a game and cause drama. STS is definately getting fed up with all the bullying/harrassment/vile behavior going on, especially in endgame guilds, and they are doing everything they can to fight it. But it's nature. You can't permanently delete it from the face of the earth.

-no
06-19-2014, 01:49 AM
Except many of the trashtalking, immature comments come from adults, acting like kids.

alexdroog
06-19-2014, 02:03 AM
Have you tried twinking?
All have the same gear.
You can challenge higher levels if you want.

Kostral
06-19-2014, 02:05 AM
Raw i totally feel same like u on these nowadays...

Yesterday we had a little discuss whit some old friends and everyone complain about the unbalancing of PVP and hardeness to run elite maps out of any myth+arcane stuff . So strange that game was never like that till they show up a stuff which worth 1K $ bucks .I wonder how many player can afford that stuff whit a plat exchanging, maybe 5-10 player ? and if that is planned for that part of low amount players what will do the rest of ?

i "Hope" someone will seriously take some important decission and make some radical changes in that game , each day we are fallin more...

-no
06-19-2014, 02:17 AM
I also find myself playing less now. Recently I was able to go play endgame pvp again (good gear now). I went looking for fun clash fights. Instead I find "the rich and mighty"--sarcastic comment-- blocking pvp matches, and mocking becuase of my guild title. I don't know any of them, and instantly my guild title makes me a "noob" "runner" "paper"....and all the other crap these arrogant people say.

The game is defintely not the same as it was when I started (jan '13). The whole attitude of the game is not as friendly. My opinion, it is because of pvp. You create so many enemies from it. Especially if your char hits lb. Before I stopped using my Mage, I would get random pm's almost daily from players telling me they are coming to hunt me, kill me because I am a noob, etc...Unfortunately, I get caught up in the usual pvp drama from time to time, it's embarrassing really. Trying to be a keyboard commando.

Either remove pvp altogether, or strip current pvp of any social interaction. Make it strictly char vs char. No titles, no names, no guilds, no way to know who you are fighting. Everything revolves around pvp, bullying, harassment, guild wars, item prices, all because of pvp. Drastically change pvp, or remove, and you have the original feel of arcane legends back.

epicrrr
06-19-2014, 04:42 AM
You're ranting/complaining because you cant get an Arcane Ring? And you tried to bring out the worst out of AL because of it? wew :)

I'd say to all these people posting about how AL has NOT met their expectation, stop making people feel the same way as you, just quietly fade from the community :banana: oh snap :banana:

Serancha
06-19-2014, 04:58 AM
There are many people who play pvp without trash talk, threats or bullying. There are people who sit aside when teams are uneven to make things fair. There are people who fight against friends and laugh as they have fun testing their skills against each other. There are guilds who get along and appreciate each other no matter what team they are on. They don't avoid fighting each other, they don't spot block or trash each other, they play the game as intended and have fun doing it.

Just because there is a certain group of players hell bent on making drama and causing other people to be miserable, does not make this the majority, or reflect on the community as a whole. The fact sts has cracked down on all the crap in the forums has made a huge step in getting things back to how they should be. We can thank the staff for that and hope they continue to listen to what players want, and help the community and game return to its original awesomeness.

matanofx
06-19-2014, 05:10 AM
STG must (in my opinion) give 7 day bans to all the bad language people in pvp

The arrogance of some is quite overwhelming and it escapes the walls of pvp into the entire community.

Its clear to me that people who call you names simply by your guild title or running/leaving when they gang you are not adults, the biggest most infamous pvpers known for bad language and attitude are teens, thats a fact.

Its impossible to fix pvp trolls/gangers/blockers cause calling one "paper" or "noob" isnt a valid reason to get a ban but atleast ban them for built up abuse, people who continuously troll and ruin pvp maps with their language and ways, with that ban send them a message that explains how they should behave from now on hopefully enough will listen and influence their friends.

Nothing but a 7days ban can make them change how they act, people, start gathering evidence thats unbiased so you can send to the mods, get noticed and help make pvp fun.

Daddyblu
06-19-2014, 05:12 AM
STG must (in my opinion) give 7 day bans to all the bad language people in pvp

The arrogance of some is quite overwhelming and it escapes the walls of pvp into the entire community.

Its clear to me that people who call you names simply by your guild title or running/leaving when they gang you are not adults, the biggest most infamous pvpers known for bad language and attitude are teens, thats a fact.

Its impossible to fix pvp trolls/gangers/blockers cause calling one "paper" or "noob" isnt a valid reason to get a ban but atleast ban them for built up abuse, people who continuously troll and ruin pvp maps with their language and ways, with that ban send them a message that explains how they should behave from now on hopefully enough will listen and influence their friends.

Nothing but a 7days ban can make them change how they act, people, start gathering evidence thats unbiased so you can send to the mods, get noticed and help make pvp fun.

Yup agree + 7days banned 1st offence then 14 days 30 days then permanent banned.

StS just give perma banned out of the blue :( then we lost players zzzz.

Waheedski
06-19-2014, 05:18 AM
A fellow guildie tried PvP and told me it was the worst gaming experience he has had in his life. The abuse, threats and personal insults was disgusting. This is why I don't do PvP and I don't encourage it either within my guild. Why should we tolerate abuse from a lame bunch of frustrated virgins.

I'd love to kick out these lame, sad, anorak wearing, sticky fingered, brave behind the keyboard warriors from the game, fortunately for these morons I'm not a game mod.

Kostral
06-19-2014, 05:20 AM
You're ranting/complaining because you cant get an Arcane Ring? And you tried to bring out the worst out of AL because of it? wew :)

I'd say to all these people posting about how AL has NOT met their expectation, stop making people feel the same way as you, just quietly fade from the community :banana: oh snap :banana:

it depend on wich perspective are you looking for .. you get your fun by twinking and some other by end gaming .on these days that ring owner rocks and u owe 0 chance in front of a owner one .. i dont feel that we are complaining about , it is just about the unbalance that we have in PVP / PVE

ah but sorry i forgot ya twinking ...

Rare
06-19-2014, 06:58 AM
You can't save the world from mental midgets. There are too many.

HAX
06-19-2014, 07:15 AM
So I've been playing AL since season one and I've had a few accounts (Merkage, Merrrrrrrked, Raw, Sofakingg, Divinecrit) and I've seen AL evolve season to season to what it is today.

When I started playing what captured my attention were the numerous maps that I could explore, and the fact that my pve adventures lead to gold which lead to me fully maxing my LVL 16 Mage after a month of work. Plat was a thing but it didn't buy much in game money...

Fast forward to season 6 and it's obvious that this is not the case at all. PVP and plat heavy items have soured the game and a sizeable portion of the communities behavior. What was once a friendly f2p game has become a crude p2p game where the worst of players comes out in pvp. I've heard the most ridiculous/rude/immature/outrageous things being said in PVP (many directly to me), and that's not OK. When I go into a match, if I'm not in one of the larger guilds I'm usually spawn ganged and called names. What impression is that going to make on a new player who downloads AL and walks into PVP? If I were them if quit the game right then...

I personally do not enjoy AL as much as I used to and have had to distance myself from the game a lot in the last few weeks.
Also, In PVP itself I find it very unsettling that an item such as the arcane ring holds a price tag over the maximum amount of gold possible, which allows players to be very OP. I've worked hard to save up around 40 million and I'm not even half way to a ring. I'd have to spend at least a hundred more hours merching just to get close to that item without spending plat. In season 1 the mighty flamestrike staff took me about a month of fun pve elite runs at brackenridge to get. Now I'd have to unload thousands of plat to get the arcane ring. The comparison is relevant and it exemplifies the drastic differences in what it takes to achieve the best item in the game...

I'm not here to complain but rather to share my frustrations and hope that others feel the same way about how the game has evolved, and if there is anything that we can do to change this, or is AL simply a game that's approaching extinction?

I personally have found myself playing much less, and will probably continue to do so unless the culture and p2p nature of the game is not addressed.

Sorry for the rant, and please feel free to address anything I've mentioned or even suggest solutions to reviving AL.

Raw switch to order and chaos no drama, no need to pay for in game items you get all by drops, 100 times better graphics, bigger maps and many quests. Problem solved :)

Sent from my iPhone

obee
06-19-2014, 08:40 AM

It's not that. Plat has killed the game. Do you even know how hard it is to get rare items now a days then season 1. And the majority of players feel this way.

leoakre
06-19-2014, 08:44 AM
Raw switch to order and chaos no drama, no need to pay for in game items you get all by drops, 100 times better graphics, bigger maps and many quests. Problem solved :)

Sent from my iPhone

Also, live party chat! Very cool and fun!

iluminatic
06-19-2014, 09:21 AM

Ring really? All plat pay items must be farmable if people can't farms those one they leave the game that's is simply... All problems PvP Angry People etc is locked/stupid economy system. Let's say i playing 8/12hrs a day and i play one year and i can't get stupid maul or something geart? Unbelievable. Plats players gets this one automatically for money but i spending alot time work and sts gives me more pay events new pay gear and nothing else (Essence of Pay to Win games) i now sts need money but why they destroy game? Fix everything pvp/economy/pve plat/nonplat and all players be happy sts gets his profit in time(don't be to greedy) . But now sts giving us more payments nothing to economic system 1/2 mouth and game will be bored like today economy crash one more time new locked will be not worth... And all starts one more time and next time event patch will be the same people will be leaving and leaving simple like politics. Sts must first fix economy(elites, items, profit, plat) /pvp. Just don't be soo greedy balance the profit for free players and you get your plat profit in time :)

cindersx
06-19-2014, 09:30 AM

Is this comment supposed to be a joke? In case you didn't notice, the thread is mostly about pvp and plat ruining the game.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

UndeadJudge
06-19-2014, 10:22 AM
Raw,

I've also watched pvp evolve as well, mostly at the 26 bracket. Back before shuyal expansion, our bracket was a very fun and competitive arena where anyone could challenge anyone and accept. There was very little immaturity, in fact several people called 26 the "most mature twink bracket". Not to mention, there were ZERO hooks. I literally knew 2 people that had them. Seeing someone with them was "wow that's so cool", but gradually changed to being the norm. PvP has begun to rely heavier and heavier on gear rather than actually being good.

My favorite guild wars were always from about 8 months ago. Everyone was polite, believe it or not, no trash talking even from those you might expect. We didn't play to win. We played to have fun.

Now what's 26 bracket like? Large guilds that just completely hate each other and will do whatever it takes to win, whether it be ganging, spot blocking, etc. And heck, what makes it even worse is that my guildmates think it's WEIRD that I don't block. It's not only that playing fair is out of the question, it's that the whole competitive side of pvp is gone.

I am actually trying my best to get real pvp back on its feet here because it's spun out of control.

So yeah, looks like this is happening across the map. It's sad to hear its at endgame as well.

Bless
06-19-2014, 11:23 AM
I've heard the most ridiculous/rude/immature/outrageous things being said in PVP (many directly to me), and that's not OK. When I go into a match, I'm usually called names.
"And that's not OK"? Are you kidding me? All this is complete crap coming from you! You're famous for your trashtalk, even at twink levels. Don't ask karma why it got you!

As for the P2W thing and about the arcane ring, yes I agree that Rendtails Ring is overly OP and even newbies, can easily kill pro pvpers...It really does give an edge to the platters. The only way to equalise the OP damage of the arcane ring is to buff survivability with new mythic gear. Magma gear sucks as it goes backwards in terms of damage whilst only giving a small armor boost.

Riptank
06-19-2014, 11:24 AM

That's why I stay as a twink player. The price it takes to achieve maxed gear is beyond my capacity. And in my perception, the PVP in end game is same with the PVP in twink game the only differences are the effects of weapon and the gear we are using, other than that, same maxed gear, drama and fun.

-Softbone

LordDravek
06-19-2014, 11:38 AM
I think all these "whah" threads are a lead towards the next great thing. It's really hard, when sts says "something/change is coming", and instead of enjoying the down time while sts works their magic, we become frustrated by "the wait". trust me. im right their with the mix.

pvp is it's own beast. the trash talk can be excessive, but it's a constructive criticism to better yourself before jumping off the porch with the big dogs.

My suggestion for anyone bored with the game: farm, save, farm, save, farm. Make yourself a legend and bring the pain! Otherwise, there's a few lollipops on the side lines... feel free to them while you watch the rest of us murder, laugh, and enjoy it.

Otahaanak
06-19-2014, 02:36 PM
I'm no old timer - started after Shuyl expansion was released. But I can see how plat reliant the game is (at least it seems that way to me at level cap) and it's gotten more so.

Endgame PVP is what it is because STS allows it to be that way. Plain and simple. If they wanted to fix it, they would have already done so. Banning players isn't a fix, and this community can't police itself from what I've seen.

If STS would revamp the PVP areas by fixing the re-spawn location (to prevent the non stop spawn killing rogues out there...), provide a game lobby for TDM that prevents blocking, create maps that allow you to see the ENTIRE playing field, your allies and enemies alike. And while they are at it, remove PVP deaths entirely (similar to say Clash of Clans - you never see how many defeats others have - only wins since defeats/losses are a given...) from stats and from guild rankings - then perhaps the childish nature of adults and kids alike could be contained.

As it is - well, nothing is going to change. And with OP and exclusive items bought or lucked into, then the distance between those that have and those that have not will continue to get worse. So, PVP is out for most players coming into the game now. What does that leave? PVE or Events.

So go Farm right? Well, the elite loot distribution needs to change now as farming is no longer profitable at any level and with the number of endgame players dwindling, well, so too goes the market for those items. So farming is out. PVP is out. So buy plat to chat (cracked me up whoever said that earlier :) ? LOL I play games for content and enjoyment, not to make besties or get trashtalked cause my guild isn't KOOL or I don't have awesome gear or an arcane pet.

Honestly the best thing for me lately has been to play less. Coming back after a night or two off does allow me to enjoy a few runs with my guildmates before boredom sets in. I just hope that STS is not going to continue to rely on the community to keep and retain the new players coming in. If they do, the game is already dead, they just don't know it yet.

Kreasadriii
06-19-2014, 02:39 PM
Have you tried twinking?
All have the same gear.
You can challenge higher levels if you want.

Try this like Alex said, if you haven't got myhtics or arcane.
You can fair play in twinks with all legend items and pet, just asking to 1 vs 1..

Kreasadriii
06-19-2014, 02:43 PM
If you get trashtalking just ignore that players, problem solved.
Do not see from 1 views :)
I don't have plat too but trust me, we are all the same, depends how we play how we enjoy the game :D

Hope you find your joy in the game ^^

Venom
06-26-2014, 01:43 PM
Once you have loads of money on AL, there's nothing much to do other than wearing cool clothes n hanging out in towns and doing PvP and dealing with all the BS and drama in it. I returned on AL after a long break and things haven't really changed much. Order and Chaos is the $H!T..!!! AL needs a lot of improvement.. Not a hack n slash easy game anymore, people spend a LOT on this game.. They deserve some quality stuff in return.