PDA

View Full Version : New Class??

ColaxRic
06-19-2014, 03:11 AM
Hello AL :)

Don't you guys all think that there should be a new class? From Season 1 we had only 3 classes. I mean I'm pretty sure there were many posts considering this topic but I really really think that there should be a new class. It will for sure boost the popularity of the game and make it more enjoyable for players. :)

Newcomx
06-19-2014, 03:13 AM
I already propose.. full support, Priest :D

Attack Dog
06-19-2014, 03:21 AM
i think we should have class genders.

ClumsyCactus
06-19-2014, 03:28 AM
If we made a new class they would have 0 chance to get on any of the leaderboards, and there is Only 3 primary stats. I dont see why our 3 isnt enough...
Im against this idea.

Attack Dog
06-19-2014, 03:32 AM
If we made a new class they would have 0 chance to get on any of the leaderboards, and there is Only 3 primary stats. I dont see why our 3 isnt enough...
Im against this idea.

No chance to get on leaderboards? Uhm you're wrong. If they created a new class there'd be a new selection on the lb for them.
Rouge-warrior-Mage-new class.

It would take time to get on the overall, but they'd still be on lb.

As for the build, they could make a class that absolutely needs a combanation of dex,int,str to be succesful.

Daddyblu
06-19-2014, 03:36 AM
all of this is posted in my thread - please post in 1 thread so we can add everything together.

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?160279-Boredom-in-AL-Need-Changes-Post-your-Ideas

STS is already thinking off adding new LB system.

Xeusx
06-19-2014, 04:26 AM
Actually....if there is 3 stats (like dex, int, and str) then there will be 3 classes, also, in pvp this is unbalance if there is support classes.

Trenton
06-19-2014, 04:28 AM
Look at Pocket Legends. Then say no to new classes.

Legallyblonde
06-19-2014, 06:24 AM
They could just have hybrid classes
Priest Str-Int
Other stuff idk

Candylicks
06-19-2014, 06:25 AM
Look at Pocket Legends. Then say no to new classes.

What did the fox say?

Madxnoob
06-19-2014, 08:21 AM
Pretty sure when they introduced new character's to PL alot of people quit, this is a terrible idea.

Newcomx
06-19-2014, 08:24 AM
Alot of PL people quit because they migrate to AL :D

Burstnuke
06-19-2014, 08:26 AM
Alot of PL people quit because they migrate to AL :D

The only reason PL people quit was because we werent getting any updates, otherwise we would still be all over there.

Burstnuke
06-19-2014, 08:27 AM
Pretty sure when they introduced new character's to PL alot of people quit, this is a terrible idea.

No lol, what made people quit was no updates at all, No cap in 1.5 years, and it was unbalanced during the time and this wasent due to new classes.

Madxnoob
06-19-2014, 08:31 AM
Maybe I was speaking for myself,,,,Soon as the rhino n some little monkey came into the game<I retired...its just throws the game off..

Burstnuke
06-19-2014, 08:33 AM
Actually....if there is 3 stats (like dex, int, and str) then there will be 3 classes, also, in pvp this is unbalance if there is support classes.

You could make a hybrid out of those like PLs new classes fox and rhino, Rhino is a mixture of dex str or str int, fox is dex str.

Dex Scene
06-19-2014, 09:32 AM
New sub-classes like
Mage- pure mage (high dmg and DOTS master crowd controller) ,sacred mage (less dmg but more stuns and more magical skills like making enemy being on your side for a while or summing magical arcane deamon pets for a while just like in other fantasy rpgs)

Warrior - brick wall (defense master & crowd controller), Gladiator ( less armors but bit more dmg dealing stats and single enemy fighter)

Rogue- Archers (as the name says, long rangers. Dmg dealer from distance but less dps. Have awesome long range deadly mana skills. ) , Ninja ( high dps and only class where movement speed % stacks. But except dagger throw every skills are close combats. Have one skill where it can be invisible for 5 sec and the class with highest dodge stats)

And Gender selection should be there :)
Just my fantasies no needed to be taken seriously :)

—AshDex

cindersx
06-19-2014, 09:38 AM
New sub-classes like
Mage- pure mage (high dmg and DOTS master crowd controller) ,sacred mage (less dmg but more stuns and more magical skills like making enemy being on your side for a while or summing magical arcane deamon pets for a while just like in other fantasy rpgs)

Warrior - brick wall (defense master & crowd controller), Gladiator ( less armors but bit more dmg dealing stats and single enemy fighter)

Rogue- Archers (as the name says, long rangers. Dmg dealer from distance but less dps. Have awesome long range deadly mana skills. ) , Ninja ( high dps and only class where movement speed % stacks. But except dagger throw every skills are close combats. Have one skill where it can be invisible for 5 sec and the class with highest dodge stats)

And Gender selection should be there :)
Just my fantasies no needed to be taken seriously :)

—AshDex
OP ninja. But I like the idea of those classes.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

Attack Dog
06-19-2014, 09:41 AM
Warrior
Rouge
Sorcerer
[Hybrid]- rouge-sorcerer mix.

Daddyblu
06-19-2014, 09:44 AM
Warrior
Rouge
Sorcerer
[Hybrid]- rouge-sorcerer mix.

Just your imagination

Attack Dog
06-19-2014, 09:46 AM
Just your imagination

It would be cool.

Daddyblu
06-19-2014, 09:46 AM
It would be cool.

nah thats a boring class.

Attack Dog
06-19-2014, 09:50 AM
nah thats a boring class.

Maybe you're just a downie.

Crowsfoot
06-19-2014, 09:57 AM
I'd love to see a Priest or Paladin. However, it would be hard for me to throw away my tank and start over after investing over a year into him.

Attack Dog
06-19-2014, 10:00 AM
I'd love to see a Priest or Paladin. However, it would be hard for me to throw away my tank and start over after investing over a year into him.

+1 priest.

Classychic
06-19-2014, 10:09 AM
I'm not sure but did those games with more classes have a leaderboard? I played Ragnarok but can't remember if there were any seasonal banners, etc. Maybe the content/classes also has something to do with other games being P2P? Right now we already see the disadvantages of warriors in timed leaderboards, but their advantage in making flags, as opposed to sorcerers. I can't imagine how a support class can be competitive in the current lb categories that we have, so changes also have to be made so that team effort is rewarded more than individual capacity, I guess.

Froxanthar
06-19-2014, 10:12 AM
In E.E, 1 character can play all class :D

Back to the topic me think adding class after Warrior - Mage - Rogue is a good way to do. And add a few more skills and quest.

Example :

Paladin can only use Shield and Hammer.
Berserker can only use Sword and Axes.

Sage can only use Staff.
Engineer can only use Guns.

Assassin can only use Dagger.
Ranger can only use bow.

Me think they will do this in a few years. Thoughts?

Me think... Nvm. Bad idea.

Me Grimlock will save the universe!

Kreasadriii
06-19-2014, 12:34 PM
i think we should have class genders.

Female Muscle Warrior?
Female Mage?
Sexy Male Rogue?

X_X

Zeus
06-19-2014, 12:56 PM
No lol, what made people quit was no updates at all, No cap in 1.5 years, and it was unbalanced during the time and this wasent due to new classes.

No, you're wrong as well. They stopped making updates because they couldn't fund them for PL. Sam made a thread regarding the new classes and the fact that there was only two thanks and a couple hundred views to show for it shows the popularity that new content in PL.

It just wasn't economically feasible. Of course, when they abandoned it completely, more people quit. However, that was not the demise of the game. That was just the fallout.

wvhills
06-19-2014, 01:04 PM
people quit PL because thrashers and 100% rerolls became necessities. Much like energy balls and paying through crafting timers are getting ready to become necessities in AL.

Nitexx
06-19-2014, 01:17 PM
I like the idea of adding hybrid classes along with keeping the existing classes.

Mage + Rogue = Cleric - Has access to some Mage skills and some Rogue skills
Rogue + Warrior = Dragoon - Has access to some Rogue skills and some Warrior skills
Warrior + Mage = Paladin - Has access to some Warrior skills and some Mage skills

Could be some cool combos that might make things interesting. Could probably reuse almost ALL the code, assuming it was architected right. Plus, for things like vanities, could either be it's own class, or have them able to use BOTH! To reuse even further, with the hybrid class, they can choose between either body type of it's constituents. Or a few new skills can be added that marry the original classes, like for a Paladin, they can generate a shield that partially protects and partially heals. etc.

Also, have these hybrid classes somehow obtainable, whether through a quest or some other means, so that it's a privilege that is earned (or bought I guess).

wvhills
06-19-2014, 01:20 PM
they could always bring back the oyster class from closed beta.

Rhaindra
06-19-2014, 01:26 PM
My favorite class is Lancer. he jumping and break enemies. yeah its a Dragoon. its so cool. hope this Class come in AL.

Zeus
06-19-2014, 06:46 PM
they could always bring back the oyster class from closed beta.

Man, I loved playing that class...so legit and so OP that you could kill stuff while wearing no gear! No wonder it never made it past the secret beta..:(

Zylx
06-20-2014, 03:22 AM
We have

Warrior: Melee
Rogue: Ranged
Sorcerer: Magic

What else is there?
We don't need a new class because it wouldnt fit in. What we need are new skills.

Newcomx
06-20-2014, 04:44 AM
Remove heal from warr and sorc, add Priest that can heal and add mana, special skill that boost int/dex/str

Xeusx
06-20-2014, 04:56 AM
Remove heal from warr and sorc, add Priest that can heal and add mana, special skill that boost int/dex/str
What if there is 3 priest(s) and 1 warr and 1 sorc/rogue in pvp? Told you, 3 priests which mean they can heal you even more op..

ArtofWar
06-20-2014, 10:40 AM
No, just no.

Crowsfoot
06-20-2014, 11:43 AM
Why do rogues get to keep heal? They already had a season of being the healer class (season 1).

ColaxRic
06-20-2014, 08:04 PM
Even in PL... they have like .. what 6 classes? I think it's about time AL get more classes too.

Crowsfoot
06-20-2014, 09:05 PM
Even in PL... they have like .. what 6 classes? I think it's about time AL get more classes too.
5, they added a paladin and ranger. The ranger is essential what a rogue in AL is if you cross it with an archer.

The paladin is fun class. I enjoy all buff characters with multiple healing skills. Long cool downs and powerful skill combos, timing is everything.

Blackair142
06-20-2014, 09:32 PM
The thing with adding more and more classes to Arcane Legends is that it's already based upon 3 certain stats: Dexterity, Intelligence, and Strength. Adding a fourth or even a seventh may cause big problems with changing the skill system and leaderboards. Also, I don't know if anyone is the same with this, but I personally enjoy only having three classes since I can cap all three if I so desired to do so. Adding many more classes may be too much to take in if you cannot choose a certain class or even if you like capping all classes. I would not have the time nor the energy to do so. Again, this is my personal opinion and other may be able to do so. It will also change elite runs, PvP, timed runs, etc. and could potentially cause A LOT of problems in the AL community.

Xeusx
06-20-2014, 09:34 PM
Dam, what if AL get more classes? IN PVP, UNBALANCE.
This is why I hate more classes, unbalance...

Crowsfoot
06-20-2014, 09:37 PM
The thing with adding more and more classes to Arcane Legends is that it's already based upon 3 certain stats: Dexterity, Intelligence, and Strength. Adding a fourth or even a seventh may cause big problems with changing the skill system and leaderboards. Also, I don't know if anyone is the same with this, but I personally enjoy only having three classes since I can cap all three if I so desired to do so. Adding many more classes may be too much to take in if you cannot choose a certain class or even if you like capping all classes. I would not have the time nor the energy to do so. Again, this is my personal opinion and other may be able to do so. It will also change elite runs, PvP, timed runs, etc. and could potentially cause A LOT of problems in the AL community.
If anything, I would like to see more skills added so that we can modify our play style.

I would love to see more heavy party buff skills added to the warrior class. The only one we have is RC and it's trash

Madxnoob
06-21-2014, 09:41 AM
I want to make a class off the top off my head too...lets see,, MagaWargue, Fantasy Class< has 2 equal primary stats Dex/str> ITs 4 ATtack skills are Horn of Renew, Lighting, AimedShot, an med packs.. sounds great dont it.....If they make a new class, might aswell start a new legends game an try again. Epic Fail