PDA

View Full Version : I'm thankful that/for...

Classychic
06-19-2014, 08:25 AM
I know many of us have played this game for so long and are just disheartened to see so many changes that no longer suit our desires. We are missing friends and comrades who've decided this game is no longer for them. Maybe we find ourselves logging in and checking the CS or just saying hi on guildchat, and then logging out after barely 5 minutes. However I'm sure that we have seen many improvements in the game that we've all asked for in the past.

AL is a game made to be enjoyed. So, chin up fellow Arlorians and smile :) Share some things that you are thankful for. Whether it may be positive changes in the game, the wonderful people, or a circumstance that made you feel this game and community has more to offer.

Riptank
06-19-2014, 08:34 AM
I know many of us have played this game for so long and are just disheartened to see so many changes that no longer suit our desires. We are missing friends and comrades who've decided this game is no longer for them. Maybe we find ourselves logging in and checking the CS or just saying hi on guildchat, and then logging out after barely 5 minutes. However I'm sure that we have seen many improvements in the game that we've all asked for in the past.

AL is a game made to be enjoyed. So, chin up fellow Arlorians and smile :) Share some things that you are thankful for. Whether it may be positive changes in the game, the wonderful people, or a circumstance that made you feel this game and community has more to offer.

I'm thankful that they made this game playable in Chrome and phone, when I'm at work I play this game using chrome when my boss is not around rofl. After work I play this game on my handset. I can play this game anywhere and anytime, I'm very thankful for that.

Classychic
06-19-2014, 08:46 AM
Oh yeah I forgot to get the ball rolling :) I'm thankful for luck, xp and damage kits! Non-plat users now have an advantage, and I see guildies happy because they don't need to wait for Klaas' and Shabot's rewards. We get to experience the benefits of using platinum, previously only for an elite few. Damage kits were extremely helpful when achieving the Great Defiler AP :)

Dex Scene
06-19-2014, 09:15 AM
I am thankful that STS have wonderful community and great helpful customer care :) and beautiful remi tehe

—AshDex

Classychic
06-19-2014, 09:26 AM
I am thankful that STS have wonderful community and great helpful customer care :) and beautiful remi tehe

—AshDex

Hohoho. Remi's got a real fanbase here! ;)

Daddyblu
06-19-2014, 09:28 AM
For fixing pet spam and skill swapping

Kakashis
06-19-2014, 09:31 AM
I'm thankful for elites! Without elites, I probably would have quit ages ago.

Classychic
06-19-2014, 09:36 AM
For fixing pet spam and skill swapping

Ahh yes, I always forget this and swap to mana pets. Then it takes ages to get back to Samael. I'm such a newb haha.

Classychic
06-19-2014, 09:37 AM
I'm thankful for elites! Without elites, I probably would have quit ages ago.

Remember the week/s they closed down elites? You must've been bored out of your mind! :)

Attack Dog
06-19-2014, 09:44 AM
I'm thankful for the thrash talking in PvP. Just proves how more mature I am than others.

Daddyblu
06-19-2014, 09:45 AM
I'm thankful for the thrash talking in PvP. Just proves how more mature I am than others.

Did you ever pvp? hmmm i dont see you around

Attack Dog
06-19-2014, 09:47 AM
Did you ever pvp? hmmm i dont see you around

Level 6 twink, Barbwires.

Int
06-19-2014, 09:51 AM
Thankful for not getting anything good from 400 locks xD

Classychic
06-19-2014, 09:58 AM
I'm also thankful for my guildies' support during the goblin event. They were extremely understanding and encouraging! I'm also thankful for the friendly competition-turned-agreement amongst me, Fra and Eyrika, it gave us all more than a few hours of sleep. My eyebags are relieved. :)

Zeus
06-19-2014, 12:09 PM
I'm thankful that I don't post in italics thinking that it looks cooler when in reality, it is just degrading the legitimacy of my entire post. Furthermore, I'm thankful that I don't have to use a game to think that I am more mature than others. ;)

Seriously:
I'm thankful for the community that STG games provide. I've met some wonderful and some terrible people in the game. However, I am thankful for both - as they both make the game equally fun (until one party goes too far).

Madnex
06-19-2014, 12:16 PM
I'm thankful that I'm not thankful because if I was thankful I wouldn't be making this post to prove that in fact, I'm not thankful for being thankful.

Iliketolol
06-19-2014, 12:19 PM
I'm thankful that I'm not thankful because if I was thankful I wouldn't be making this post to prove that in fact, I'm not thankful for being thankful.

._.

Crowsfoot
06-19-2014, 12:31 PM
I'm thankful that I'm not thankful;

because if I was thankful, I wouldn't be making this post to prove

that, in fact, I'm not thankful for being thankful.

Divided to have one conditional statement per fragment. Bolded portion(s) are positive and red portions are negative. The first fragment sums up the post. The later fragments are a punctional nightmare as well as confusing (on purpose).

You have been de-trolled ;)

Froxanthar
06-19-2014, 01:05 PM
Me want to thank you to STS for making such a good game. Me think this game is good. Sometimes not. Me thankful to STS for not make a game with heavy graphic that make phone lag and explode. Thank you STS. Me say sincere from me heart.

Me Grimlock will save the universe!

Madnex
06-19-2014, 01:43 PM
Divided to have one conditional statement per fragment. Bolded portion(s) are positive and red portions are negative. The first fragment sums up the post. The later fragments are a punctionl nightmare as well as confusing (on purpose).

You must be fun at parties.

leoakre
06-19-2014, 05:47 PM
I'm thankful that I don't post in italics thinking that it looks cooler when in reality, it is just degrading the legitimacy of my entire post. Furthermore, I'm thankful that I don't have to use a game to think that I am more mature than others. ;)

Seriously:
I'm thankful for the community that STG games provide. I've met some wonderful and some terrible people in the game. However, I am thankful for both - as they both make the game equally fun (until one party goes too far).

You troll! :tickled_pink:

I am thankful for my lovely friends and all the cutie patootie boytoys!

leoakre
06-19-2014, 05:55 PM
Divided to have one conditional statement per fragment. Bolded portion(s) are positive and red portions are negative. The first fragment sums up the post. The later fragments are a punctionl nightmare as well as confusing (on purpose).

A 'punctionl' nightmare turns into a spelling horror show!

Tralalala

Crowsfoot
06-19-2014, 06:57 PM
A 'punctionl' nightmare turns into a spelling horror show!

Tralalala
I hate my new phone's keyboard so much

PS: out of thanks

leoakre
06-19-2014, 11:27 PM
I hate my new phone's keyboard so much

PS: out of thanks

Hahaha! Gotcha!
:tongue:

Crowsfoot
06-19-2014, 11:28 PM
Hahaha! Gotcha!
:tongue:
Yeah yeah, chalk another one up

Arpluvial
06-19-2014, 11:33 PM
I am thankful for this incredible community, STG, and the amazing worlds they have created. ♥

leoakre
06-19-2014, 11:36 PM
Yeah yeah, chalk another one up

Hehe! Can't stop giggling at that, crow! Maybe it's the wine! I am envisioning that speech you gave in the city to a bunch of us about your incessant need for grammatically correct sentences. I am sure you remember the one I mean. The evening Zeus decided to bet he could speak (type) in all capital letters for 24 hours!

Poor Zeus...

leoakre
06-20-2014, 01:21 AM
I am thankful for this incredible community, STG, and the amazing worlds they have created. ♥

I am thankful to Arcane Legends (seasons 1 thru 4) for providing me with many hours of entertainment each day as I recovered (still trying) so very slowly from painful injuries which made my daily world a miserable one! Thank god for Delphina and all my wonderful friends from around the globe for making the pain bearable with all their laughs and personal inspirations which gave me the strength to keep on moving forward! People in pvp ask me to 1v1 all the time...I guess they don't have a clue that when everyone was learning to 1v1 in the beginning of pvp, I was still learning to use my fingers all over again due to my accident. Maybe one day ;)

Thankyou very much, Arcane Legends, for the community I love, the people I admire, and the time I have needed to heal!

Crowsfoot
06-20-2014, 10:56 AM
Hehe! Can't stop giggling at that, crow! Maybe it's the wine! I am envisioning that speech you gave in the city to a bunch of us about your incessant need for grammatically correct sentences. I am sure you remember the one I mean. The evening Zeus decided to bet he could speak (type) in all capital letters for 24 hours!

Poor Zeus...
You came in late to that "Speech." Zeus had askedme for a grammar lesson. I like harrasing him so I accepted. Lasted about 20 minutes and he still doesn't understand the difference between who and whom. Although, I who was teaching to Zeus whom was listening did start trolling he whom asked for said lesson from me who was now bored 5 minutes in because I whom Zeus was not paying likes harrasing Zeus who was struggling with the use of relative pronouns.

It all started with Zeus saying he was actually "okay" at using proper English. He then misued whom in the very next sentence. I took full opportunity and pointed it out. xD

He later made a bet with me over all caps usage on the forums and I made a killing off the poor guy ;)

Needless to say, he hasn't made a bet or asked for a grammar lesson again. Lmao

Zeus
06-20-2014, 11:05 AM
You came in late to that "Speech." Zeus had askedme for a grammar lesson. I like harrasing him so I accepted. Lasted about 20 minutes and he still doesn't understand the difference between who and whom. Although, I who was teaching to Zeus whom was listening did start trolling he whom asked for said lesson from me who was now bored 5 minutes in because I whom Zeus was not paying likes harrasing Zeus who was struggling with the use of relative pronouns.

It all started with Zeus saying he was actually "okay" at using proper English. He then misued whom in the very next sentence. I took full opportunity and pointed it out. xD

He later made a bet with me over all caps usage on the forums and I made a killing off the poor guy ;)

I said I was okay, not perfect. T_T

Crowsfoot
06-20-2014, 11:10 AM
I said I was okay, not perfect. T_T
Lol, you did make it too easy. The conversating went a bit like this:

Zeus: "Well what is the difference"

Me: "It is a long explanation if you don't know what an appositive is"

Zeus: "I have time. Give us a lesson :3"

Me: "You fool. Mwahahaha"

Classychic
06-20-2014, 12:02 PM

I am thankful to Arcane Legends (seasons 1 thru 4) for providing me with many hours of entertainment each day as I recovered (still trying) so very slowly from painful injuries which made my daily world a miserable one! Thank god for Delphina and all my wonderful friends from around the globe for making the pain bearable with all their laughs and personal inspirations which gave me the strength to keep on moving forward! People in pvp ask me to 1v1 all the time...I guess they don't have a clue that when everyone was learning to 1v1 in the beginning of pvp, I was still learning to use my fingers all over again due to my accident. Maybe one day ;)

Thankyou very much, Arcane Legends, for the community I love, the people I admire, and the time I have needed to heal!

I think we can all agree that AL has the best (and then some of the very worst) people in a community you can love and hate :) Many real-life friendships were formed due to this game, and even though I will soon be busy with real-life commitments, those friendships will last even more than our time in game :)

P.S. From thankfulness to grammar/trolling topics, I really <3 all this craziness ;)

leoakre
06-20-2014, 12:51 PM

Grr! That run-on sentence! (Back at ya)
:mad:

leoakre
06-20-2014, 01:04 PM
I think we can all agree that AL has the best (and then some of the very worst) people in a community you can love and hate :) Many real-life friendships were formed due to this game, and even though I will soon be busy with real-life commitments, those friendships will last even more than our time in game :)

P.S. From thankfulness to grammar/trolling topics, I really <3 all this craziness ;)

Rofl! Yes...definitely off topic but trolls trolling each other for fun is enjoyable and harmless!
:smiley_simmons:

Classychic
06-20-2014, 01:09 PM
Rofl! Yes...definitely off topic but trolls trolling each other for fun is enjoyable and harmless!
:smiley_simmons:

Yeeessss please!!!

Azcox
06-20-2014, 01:15 PM
i am thankful for be part of this big comunity :eagerness: :livid:

Crowsfoot
06-20-2014, 01:49 PM
Grr! That run-on sentence! (Back at ya)
:mad:
They were all conditional statements and thus dependent clauses within three independent clauses. Although lengthy and unnecessarily lengthy, that sentence is not a run-on. The independent clauses are joined by conjunctions and only one subordinating conjunction is used. Therefore, there is a well defined subject and predicate. The sentence is grammatically correct, but annoying (on purpose). The essence of it is as follows: "Although, I did start trolling him 5 minutes in because Zeus wasn't paying me and I like harrasing him."

Out of context, the sentence does sound odd due to the sentence beginning with a conjunction. This, however, is common for me to do as is placing the dependent clause first in a sentence. Both of these actions make writing more complex and are largely frowned upon. But, neither of them are incorrect. This style of writing and speech is argotal to me; as is my habit of using subsitives in place of nouns and pronouns. Substitives are unfortunately considered unacceptable in the English language so I try to avoid using them in forum posts.

Doomreaper
06-20-2014, 02:25 PM

I am thankful for my favorite forumers, whose helpful posts allow me to make large sums of cash ingame

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Classychic
06-20-2014, 02:27 PM
They were all conditional statements and thus dependent clauses within three independent clauses. Although lengthy and unnecessarily lengthy, that sentence is not a run-on. The independent clauses are joined by conjunctions and only one subordinating conjunction is used. Therefore, there is a well defined subject and predicate. The sentence is grammatically correct, but annoying (on purpose). The essence of it is as follows: "Although, I did start trolling him 5 minutes in because Zeus wasn't paying me and I like harrasing him."

Out of context, the sentence does sound odd due to the sentence beginning with a conjunction. This, however, is common for me to do as is placing the dependent clause first in a sentence. Both of these actions make writing more complex and are largely frowned upon. But, neither of them are incorrect. This style of writing and speech is argotal to me; as is my habit of using subsitives in place of nouns and pronouns. Substitives are unfortunately considered unacceptable in the English language so I try to avoid using them in forum posts.

I normally enjoy grammar discussions, especially one as comprehensive as this one. But Crow, what in the world do you mean by argotal? Was that supposed to be arbitral or is my dictionary outdated? :(

Crowsfoot
06-20-2014, 02:39 PM
I normally enjoy grammar discussions, especially one as comprehensive as this one. But Crow, what in the world do you mean by argotal? Was that supposed to be arbitral or is my dictionary outdated? :(
Argotal is from the word argot. It describes how we speak rather than what we say. If slang is how speak and what we say, argot is how we speak and jargon is what we say.

Argotal in this context is meant to mean of my background or local speech style. How we are trained to speak by our parents and other people we spoke to daily shaped our argot or speech tendencies.

Example: speaking with only substitive subjects

"Go take out the trash"
"Alright"
"Now please"
"In a moment. Grabbing shoes"
"Will be picked up soon. Make haste"

*Note: argot is apparently a fairly rare word and is listed synonymous with jargon and slang (which is wrong) by Wikipedia. It's from French origin where it means style of speech.

Classychic
06-20-2014, 02:47 PM
Argotal is from the word argot. It describes how we speak rather than what we say. If slang is how speak and what we say, argot is how we speak and jargon is what we say.

Argotal in this context is meant to mean of my background or local speech style. How we are trained to speak by our parents and other people we spoke to daily shaped our argot or speech tendencies.

Example: speaking with only substitive subjects

"Go take out the trash"
"Alright"
"Now please"
"In a moment. Grabbing shoes"
"Will be picked up soon. Make haste"

*Note: argot is apparently a fairly rare word and is listed synonymous with jargon and slang (which is wrong) by Wikipedia. It's from French origin where it means style of speech.

Cool! I just learned something new again. Maybe I should ask devs to change topic to: Grammar Class 2.0 by Crowsfoot. ;)

Crowsfoot
06-20-2014, 02:50 PM
Cool! I just learned something new again. Maybe I should ask devs to change topic to: Grammar Class 2.0 by Crowsfoot. ;)
Lol. I'm not sure if this is a compliment or sarcastic derision. I'm going to assume the first

Classychic
06-20-2014, 02:52 PM
Lol. I'm not sure if this is a compliment or sarcastic derision. I'm going to assume the first

I don't do well with sarcasm, Crow. You may safely assume the first. Hehe. ;) Where's that class Leo said you are teaching? I need to sign up if there are any more slots left.

Xenobiotic
06-20-2014, 02:56 PM
AP Exam Review: Grammar and Writing

By: Crowsfoot

leoakre
06-20-2014, 02:58 PM

Eh, no need for long drawn out definitions. Yes, it can be done but as as you stated it is not widely used due to the simple & convenient use of 'punctionl' and the less awkward method of combining the independent and dependent clauses with the use of coordination. We must also allow leeway for everyone to utilize his or her own style of writing, however uncommon or 'frowned' upon it may sound. Many people have their own unique style of language but maybe at the end of said writings a legend should be inserted so as to help the reader better comprehend your argot acumen.

Kudos to you, Crow! The world would be such a highly enriched place to exist if only everyone who ventures to put their thoughts into words would take into considreation all the DOs and DON'Ts of eastern and western literature.
:untroubled:

Crowsfoot
06-20-2014, 03:14 PM
I don't do well with sarcasm, Crow. You may safely assume the first. Hehe. ;) Where's that class Leo said you are teaching? I need to sign up if there are any more slots left.
That was a joke on her part. The "speech" was in Windmoore months ago and was essentially me trolling Zeus over the uses of the relative pronoun.

If you really want to learn grammar well learn to translate English to Latin. English classes are great for studying works of literature but they are definitely lacking in the grammar department. An ironclad knowledge of English grammar is useless in many ways since it has such an abundance of exceptions.

English is a Romance language that was influenced by the occupation of both a Germanic speaking culture and a Gaelic speaking culture. This is why there is an "Old English," "Middle English," "New English," and (through the inclusion of Western slang) "Modern English."

To put that into simpler terms. Take a tribal language no one remembers, apply their speak pattern that we don't know to Latin, replace a bunch of words with German words that we spell and pronounce wrong, replace a bunch of words with French words we spell and pronounce wrong, change the meaning of 50% of the language to something similar yet different whike following the old rules, add some words from every language thatnks to British Imperialism, and add a couple hundred years of some words being forgotten and others being invented. Boom, you just made the English language.

You may be asking, "Then why the heck does everyone speak such a stupid language?" British imperialism and later American Imperialism. 'The sin never sets in Britain' because they had colonies in every time zone for around a century. They also imposed their trade federation (something that only the Dutch did as well, but they lacked a federal (or royal) mandate that allowed permanent colonies) which forced locals to learn English in order to be part of society which was making all the money (those that traded with the British). When half the geographical world is speaking the same language, it becomes a standard.

leoakre
06-20-2014, 03:37 PM
That was a joke on her part. The "speech" was in Windmoore months ago and was essentially my trolling Zeus over the uses of the relative pronoun.

If you really want to learn grammar well learn to translate English to Latin. English classes are great for studying works of literature but they are definitely lacking in the grammar department. An ironclad knowledge of English grammar is useless in many ways since it has such an abundance of exceptions.

English is a Romance language that was influenced by the occupation of both a Germanic speaking culture and a Gaelic speaking culture. This is why there is an "Old English," "Middle English," "New English," and (through the inclusion of Western slang) "Modern English."

To put that into simpler terms. Take a tribal language no one remembers, apply their speak pattern that we don't know to Latin, replace a bunch of words with German words that we spell and pronounce wrong, replace a bunch of words with French words we spell and pronounce wrong, change the meaning of 50% of the language to something similar yet different whike following the old rules, add some words from every language thatnks to British Imperialism, and add a couple hundred years of some words being forgotten and others being invented. Boom, you just made the English language.

You may be asking, "Then why the heck does everyone speak such a stupid language?" British imperialism and later American Imperialism. 'The sin never sets in Britain' because they had colonies in every time zone for around a century. They also imposed their trade federation (something that only the Dutch did as well, but they lacked a federal (or royal) mandate that allowed permanent colonies) which forced locals to learn English in order to be part of society which was making all the money (those that traded with the British). When half the geographical world is speaking the same language, it becomes a standard.

Rofl, Crow! The first part of your reply was the 'simplier' part though I rather enjoyed the whole of your explanation!
:cool:

Classychic
06-20-2014, 06:52 PM
Lol I was kidding, Crow! :) if I run into you in Windmoore I'll wait around for those inspired "speeches" of yours. You sound like one of my professors! Do you teach?

leoakre
06-20-2014, 07:03 PM
Lol I was kidding, Crow! :) if I run into you in Windmoore I'll wait around for those inspired "speeches" of yours. You sound like one of my professors! Do you teach?

He instructs Zeus! XD
:cupcake:

SacredKnight
06-20-2014, 07:24 PM
You must be fun at parties.

? I don't get that I mean, doesn't everyone analyse someones "word troll" deduce it and then disown it?

Crowsfoot
06-20-2014, 07:55 PM
He instructs Zeus! XD
:cupcake:
If that's how we are judging it, I am an awful teacher.

Zeus
06-20-2014, 08:02 PM
If that's how we are judging it, I am an awful teacher.

To be fair, most of the times I asked you for a grammar lesson, I was drinking some potent sparkling apple juice. Lets try again when I have the time? xD

PS: Nice deadpool signature. It's epic! "Eat, Sleep, Surf" <- Alphabetical order too!

Crowsfoot
06-20-2014, 08:15 PM
To be fair, most of the times I asked you for a grammar lesson, I was drinking some potent sparkling apple juice. Lets try again when I have the time? xD

PS: Nice deadpool signature. It's epic! "Eat, Sleep, Surf" <- Alphabetical order too!
Lol, sure. Why not.

@My_Sig it's great. :) I'm glad I made the 200k contest for it. Forgot I had it to be honest until I found it in my gen1 Nexus' gallery.

Zeus
06-20-2014, 08:19 PM
Lol, sure. Why not.

@My_Sig it's great. :) I'm glad I made the 200k contest for it. Forgot I had it to be honest until I found it in my gen1 Nexus' gallery.

Apart from Jon's signature, it's probably the best signature I've seen. I really like how it speaks about you which is something a signature is meant to do! Far too many people forget the purpose of a signature these days, lol.

That being said, my signature only speaks about my in game character. I need a more personal one. :(

Crowsfoot
06-20-2014, 08:24 PM
Apart from Jon's signature, it's probably the best signature I've seen. I really like how it speaks about you which is something a signature is meant to do! Far too many people forget the purpose of a signature these days, lol.

That being said, my signature only speaks about my in game character. I need a more personal one. :(
Post 5 things you like and let them go wild. I personally don't like guilds, or anything in game on my Sig besides my IGN.

I'm actually planning another Sig contest. Hoping for a darker spin than three of the four I rotate. The one Jon made me is great in that manor but the gotham in the background is a bit out of place. A lot of the current Sig artists prefer using avatars so I am just waiting for that fad to fade.

leoakre
06-20-2014, 08:50 PM
What was this thread about again? I have actually forgotten, which just doesn't say much for my forum manners.

I apologize, though trying to hang with the big boy trolls is kinda fun!
:adoration:

Crowsfoot
06-20-2014, 09:01 PM
What was this thread about again? I have actually forgotten, which just doesn't say much for my forum manners.

I apologize, though trying to hang with the big boy trolls is kinda fun!
:adoration:
*Gets thread back on track*

Thankful for trolls who add comic relief to the forums.

leoakre
06-22-2014, 08:51 PM
*Gets thread back on track*

Thankful for trolls who add comic relief to the forums.

...And with the lack of 'all in good fun' trolling, the thread slowly tampers off.

I guess not many around here have much to be thankful for?!
:disturbed:

Crowsfoot
06-22-2014, 09:00 PM
...And with the lack of 'all in good fun' trolling, the thread slowly tampers off.

C'est la vie

Classychic
06-23-2014, 06:51 AM

That's just sad :(