PDA

View Full Version : I'd love ONE real CTF game.

Trenton
06-19-2014, 03:11 PM
I've been joining PvP lately to see some not so nice things, such as popular users that I once looked up to at a PvP standpoint telling their guildies to farm me because I don't have a Kershal, and things like doing a legitimate 4v4 in TDM and then my team backing out, saying that the "noob curse mage" is taking all the kills, but I'm not here to gripe about PvP. Before I eventually end up quitting endgame PvP, I'd like ONE real CTF game, or at least an on going 5v5 clash, without everyone backing off because of my noob curse skill. If anyone would like to also do so, my IGN is Skyrim. I'm a Magma Mage, with 3600 health, and 500 DMG, and apparently I'm not supposed to enjoy PvP like everyone else until I can afford all mythics/arcanes.

Another thing I've always wanted to do was fight a Kershal mage, and any decent rogue, just to test my own skills. (Not at the same time of course :D)

If anyone would like to help me with my small goals, I would much appreciate it. IGN: Skyrim

Thanks again :)

Jig
06-19-2014, 08:36 PM
I know how you feel... It's rubbish now...

We could reduce it down to what 500? Or 1k? 10k is so much it makes people boost other-whys it will take over a year and a half or more.

GoodSyntax
06-19-2014, 10:50 PM
I do enjoy PvP, but the fun, fair clashes are so hard to find these days - rare enough that I have decided to hang them up. Even though I have been fortunate enough not to get caught in the crossfire of guild wars, I have experienced enough blocking, free flagging, 1v1, etc., that PvP isn't what I remember it to be. I took several seasons off to avoid the nonsense only to see that the drama is even worse than what I remember it to be.

And, not for nothing, why is it that when someone joins a match and sees 3 players on one team and me by myself on the other do they find it necessary to join the team with 3 players?

With free respec weekend upon us, it looks like I will be going with a full PvE build for the foreseeable future.

Energizeric
06-20-2014, 12:09 AM
All STS has to do to make "real" CTF games is to change flags to be "team flags" (instead of personal flags) and also have a "flags against" stat. So just like we have kills and deaths, we will have flags and flags against. And they will be team flags. So everyone will want to help their team get flags, and everyone will want to stop the other team from getting flags since it would count negatively against their stats. The days of taking turns flagging will be over, and the days of a guild spot blocking on the other team would also be over as nobody would want to increase their flags against stat while their guildies get flags.

This change can be made without even disrupting the leaderboard. Just keep everyone's flag stats as is, but from now on it will be team flags instead of personal flags, and everyone's flags against will start from zero.

Jig
06-20-2014, 01:21 AM
All STS has to do to make "real" CTF games is to change flags to be "team flags" (instead of personal flags) and also have a "flags against" stat. So just like we have kills and deaths, we will have flags and flags against. And they will be team flags. So everyone will want to help their team get flags, and everyone will want to stop the other team from getting flags since it would count negatively against their stats. The days of taking turns flagging will be over, and the days of a guild spot blocking on the other team would also be over as nobody would want to increase their flags against stat while their guildies get flags.

This change can be made without even disrupting the leaderboard. Just keep everyone's flag stats as is, but from now on it will be team flags instead of personal flags, and everyone's flags against will start from zero.

I like this, a lot.

Reunegade
06-20-2014, 12:37 PM
Trenton I have almost the same equips as you. Wanna fight me? :)

Trenton
06-20-2014, 04:18 PM
Sure^ I got full Magma Security and Myth Ring, along with Exped Rifle

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Tendirin
06-20-2014, 04:32 PM
they should make private pvp rooms

Spyce
06-20-2014, 04:38 PM
they should make private pvp rooms

So more people can farm kills?

Instanthumor
06-20-2014, 05:10 PM
So more people can farm kills?

That's the least of everyone's problems now.

Spyce
06-20-2014, 05:11 PM
That's the least of everyone's problems now.

What's the "major" problem then?
Sorry, haven't been playing at all.

Instanthumor
06-20-2014, 05:15 PM

Post #3

Reunegade
06-21-2014, 12:53 PM
Sure^ I got full Magma Security and Myth Ring, along with Exped Rifle

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk
It's on, I got perfect magma security and lunar, with expedition rifle mwahahaha

Socrates
06-21-2014, 01:35 PM
I will try to contact you and see if I can arrange a friendly clash

Attack Dog
06-21-2014, 02:14 PM

Honestly, dummy farming is fine. Shouldn't be a problem for STS. It's just a way to get the 10K achievement fast.

Jig
06-21-2014, 07:32 PM
Honestly, dummy farming is fine. Shouldn't be a problem for STS. It's just a way to get the 10K achievement fast.

I still yet to not agree with it, but if someone cares about kd so much, and always get bullied ganged or have a guild on him due to not having a propper pvp guild, his kd will get wrecked, VERY unfairly, so how is dummy farming is just as fair in that case :/

But when it comes to dummy farming theres a point you stop..

Gensin
06-21-2014, 10:38 PM
Yeah, I didnt even encounter a real ctf match, just u figthing and someone flagging, pointless should have just made tdm instead of this.

Alhuntrazeck
06-23-2014, 05:23 AM
PvP is pretty much dead, but there are some that'll hold together a CTF game if they get enough people (read: the CTF thread - mine or meecah's).

Oh and if you need practice in 1v1s, hmu I'm always available, I've got pretty OK gear and I can drop you some pointers. For fighting rogues, see my guide, it pretty much covers everything.

Brollysaiyan
06-23-2014, 05:50 AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wg1yrdjI4Sc

Jig
06-23-2014, 06:01 AM
Shouldn't have to organise ctf games and all that crap, maybe you wanna just pop on and play, thats why we are not liking ctf...

Monsteriveelt
06-30-2014, 03:01 PM
Hey brolly how much damage, health and mana you have?

Trenton
06-30-2014, 10:17 PM
I got mythic helm/armor upgraded so I have 3400 health, 540 dmg, and like 20k mana (exaggeration)