PDA

View Full Version : Best PvE build

Ninjafish
06-19-2014, 03:42 PM
Looking for the best pve build for sorcerer.

Playlist
07-07-2014, 07:44 PM
Fire, Clock, Shield, and heal.

Otahaanak
07-09-2014, 04:00 PM
for PVE I'm running something close to this:

Fire 4/5 (or 5/5 if you wish - you'll lose 1 passive point if you go 5/5)
Clock 4/5
Shield 4/5
Ice 3/5
Light 4/5
Passives 5/5 str, int, dex, crit

for Ursoth I run: shield, clock, fire, light since there is only really 1 enemy the boss
for elites I run: shield, clock, fire, ice and swap out light for clock at the boss

Yes, there are those that use heal, but really, if you are using heal you are hurting your party more than you are helping it due to 1 less attack skill.

glengon
07-09-2014, 09:51 PM
Yes, there are those that use heal, but really, if you are using heal you are hurting your party more than you are helping it due to 1 less attack skill.
Imo if you play in pugs a lot heal really helps. In normal maps shield isnt really needed and just 2 points in heal can really help to make warrs and rogues shut up, while helping you save some pots...

dragon72926
07-10-2014, 10:23 AM
that's a stupid claim with the heal 5/5 heal is amazing regen mana and health and ( not directed to you but) why run clock, i run fire,heal,wind,lightning

Otahaanak
07-10-2014, 11:12 AM
Clock is our most important crowd control skill in PVE. Gale is a cool skill, but scattering mobs everywhere defeats the purpose of clustering mobs for AOE damage. For example, I ran the hauntlet last night with a Gale using mage and it took forever because he / she kept scattering the mobs with Gale. Killing mobs that are clustered together with Clock, Frost and fire is so much faster (meaning less potions and effort) than tracking them down one by one.

@Dragon, I appreciate your view, however, any heal over time upgrades in Lifegiver will cause you to take aggro from the Tank - whose job it is to keep you alive. If you get aggro in even normal Tindirin you can die very quickly. Elites its almost instant without your shield.

But, play style is play style, if you prefer to run with only 2 AOE damage skills (1 if you consider Gale to be an AOE killer :) ) then by all means continue to do so. The game is about having fun after all. That said, I would never enter an elite map without clock as I think it is a disservice to the party.

Nesox
07-10-2014, 01:44 PM
For the sixteenth time... Any mage running Heal in PvE is a LIABILITY. You are providing minimal benefit and by sacrificing an offensive skill you are doing a HUGE disservice to your party. Heal is for PvP only! If your party can't manage their own life and mana then they are a liability as well. Run away from these players as fast as you can.

Ota is correct in that crowd control is our primary objective. Using Gail will annoy any decent players to no end as you are producing the exact opposite effect that your tank and mages are trying to achieve. The tighter the mobs the faster they are to kill. Scattering them will result in party members giving up and leaving. I know I do if I find myself in a PUG using gail. Shield is also only needed in the most difficult situations. 95% of the time Fire, Ice, TS, Light are your best PvE skills.