PDA

View Full Version : An Explanation of Tiers, Leaderboards and the Energy System During Ursoth's Assault

Pages : 1 [2]

Trenton
06-23-2014, 05:58 PM
Soooo excited for Dovabear :3 op legendary

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Shiro
06-23-2014, 06:04 PM
A valid concern! In our current iteration, (as things are always subject to change during development) Elondrian Essences can NOT be purchased, they are farmed only. They are also on a separate drop table than the other essences, so the fact there are more essences now available to drop does not mean fewer drops of those essences or the new ones. The pool is not diluted, you can potentially receive a new Elondrian Essence and a Glacial Essence for example from the same mob, though you would be very very lucky!
For some, crafting slots and inventory slots won't be enough for these added essences. Is there any way crafting slots can be expanded just for this event?

Carapace
06-23-2014, 06:05 PM
We are no match for the plat and rich players either way.

The portals, honestly doesnt really matter how often or how manny in a map appear, they should just put one in town same as in goblin event since they didn't make the contest for all players.

Actually, they should just put it on the map so you don't have to teleport and loose a few seconds to go to it, they might loose the lb in that time.

This is currently how Ursoth's Assault is set up, yes.

Carapace
06-23-2014, 06:13 PM
Sam.

Do you mind answering this?

Edited a bit for better understanding.

Yes, once you hit Gold the egg will be granted like the rings in the goblin event were

lowratehitman
06-23-2014, 06:43 PM
Yes, once you hit Gold the egg will be granted like the rings in the goblin event were
Yay, but one question how much points is it needed to reach gold tier is it the same as goblin event or you guys added more points to reach gold tier on this main event?

Sent from my XT1028 using Tapatalk

Thrindal
06-23-2014, 06:47 PM
Thanks for all your answers!!!! This one does bum me out a bit, the farming of portals was one of the things that made Tarlok so great and brought so many folk together in game. It is a shame that the fun of the portal hunt can't be worked into the new system.

Excuses
06-23-2014, 10:22 PM
A valid concern! In our current iteration, (as things are always subject to change during development) Elondrian Essences can NOT be purchased, they are farmed only. They are also on a separate drop table than the other essences, so the fact there are more essences now available to drop does not mean fewer drops of those essences or the new ones. The pool is not diluted, you can potentially receive a new Elondrian Essence and a Glacial Essence for example from the same mob, though you would be very very lucky!

In this case... Wait.
First I want to ask this.

Did you decide how many event essences will be needed to craft new crates?

yasshh
06-23-2014, 10:44 PM
For some, crafting slots and inventory slots won't be enough for these added essences. Is there any way crafting slots can be expanded just for this event?

If sts increases craft slots then people wont finish upgrade with plat. If there are limited craft slots and you are desperate to finish craft and start new one,you will finish it with plat. But increasing slots kills it.

phillyr
06-24-2014, 12:18 AM
Nice..but the real question is...is it non-plat user friendly? Do non plat users have a chance to be on lb?

Same as last event seems like...except u can craft essence zzz same pay to enjoy playing. Freemium is left in the dust.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

phillyr
06-24-2014, 12:24 AM
There was like 3 positive comments toral out of the many negative ones about the way the last event was implemented...and here we are with a 3 week event set up ezactly the same...smh

vanzzzzz
06-24-2014, 01:55 AM
still waiting

max dragon king
06-24-2014, 02:52 AM
Shady and Surge can only be obtained through the lb?

Foebegone
06-24-2014, 03:30 AM
Hi, Just to put in my 2 bits.

I spend some plat, maybe a few thousand a season. I know that I have a chance at loot from locked and I understand that this is % based. You are now moving to a system where I and many others can't compete even if we DO spend plat. I work and have a family, I also run a small guild in AL. You are giving out Arcane pets to the top leader board players.... So people that can divert 3 weeks into running the event CONTINUOUSLY have a chance to win? you have kept the pay to win aspect and now coupled it with an unhealthy need to play constantly for 3 weeks... Does this sound like a good idea to you? You used to have a system where, and I've seen it happen, a new player could do free downloads to get 15 plat and win an awesome arcane item on the first locked (which would then be stolen from them for 50k) now you are keeping more of the cool items for leaderboard players.

Please please keep the leaderboard prizes to vanity and banners, I have no interest in taking part in this leaderboard event as I have 0 chance of getting close, neither does 98% of the player base plat spenders included.

SacredKnight
06-24-2014, 04:45 AM
Hi, Just to put in my 2 bits.

I spend some plat, maybe a few thousand a season. I know that I have a chance at loot from locked and I understand that this is % based. You are now moving to a system where I and many others can't compete even if we DO spend plat. I work and have a family, I also run a small guild in AL. You are giving out Arcane pets to the top leader board players.... So people that can divert 3 weeks into running the event CONTINUOUSLY have a chance to win? you have kept the pay to win aspect and now coupled it with an unhealthy need to play constantly for 3 weeks... Does this sound like a good idea to you? You used to have a system where, and I've seen it happen, a new player could do free downloads to get 15 plat and win an awesome arcane item on the first locked (which would then be stolen from them for 50k) now you are keeping more of the cool items for leaderboard players.

Please please keep the leaderboard prizes to vanity and banners, I have no interest in taking part in this leaderboard event as I have 0 chance of getting close, neither does 98% of the player base plat spenders included.

The leader board pets are for those who are committed to the game and really want to GO FOR THE WIN!!!
Arcane Legends is the most constantly developed STS game as far a I know, this event system is meant to be something for us to do and enjoy. Saying that you have no chance at getting the Arcane Pet is really just a waste of time because many many many players won't get that pet.

This is a game after all, enjoy the gameplay and don't whine about not having the best because not everyone can. If you buy thousands of plat be grateful you can buy plat, think about the non-plat users who see their chances of getting a mythic as the same as you getting on the top 10.
Be grateful for what you have and enjoy the game.

After all, it is awesome!

Tonyja Tonyjaa
06-24-2014, 06:03 AM
i have seen a 2 bears on ur stable remi dovabear, little bear u revealed d dovabear arcane ability and d passive ability, d other one its better thn d revealed one? pls publish d :eagerness: little bear arcane ability and passive ability thnx:eagerness:

Memnoch The Devil
06-24-2014, 06:49 AM

Thank you for making this clear ;)

Foebegone
06-24-2014, 07:09 AM
The leader board pets are for those who are committed to the game and really want to GO FOR THE WIN!!!
Arcane Legends is the most constantly developed STS game as far a I know, this event system is meant to be something for us to do and enjoy. Saying that you have no chance at getting the Arcane Pet is really just a waste of time because many many many players won't get that pet.

This is a game after all, enjoy the gameplay and don't whine about not having the best because not everyone can. If you buy thousands of plat be grateful you can buy plat, think about the non-plat users who see their chances of getting a mythic as the same as you getting on the top 10.

no you are wrong the leaderboard is for an exclusive subset of the player base not committed players, maybe players that need committing ;). using incentives like this is not inclusive. locked are available to most to open via free game downloads so 90% of players get a chance however slim. I did not complain about not having the best stuff I complained about not having a chance at the stuff, I do not have the arcane ring yet I have a chance at it via locked.

Your premise of 'be grateful for what you have and enjoy the game' is also off, it is not for me to make do with what I'm given. I am the customer I need to see value in the product to keep paying when I no longer see value I will leave and seek enjoyment elsewhere. please do some reading on freemium games to understand the mechanics. As this is a thread to discuss the new content I have voiced my concerns that the game is becoming less awesome.

Sent from my device using an app.

phillyr
06-24-2014, 08:49 AM

Its hard to enjoy something u have to spend 100$(more or less) or a crap-ton of gold to reach the top tier

Classychic
06-24-2014, 09:22 AM
Its hard to enjoy something u have to spend 100$(more or less) or a crap-ton of gold to reach the top tier

Believe me, it's not the amount of gold/plat needed that matters this time. The more you farm portals, the more chances you get of looting chests and mythics. So the gold will always find a way to circulate. :) The limiting factor is the time you need to spend in order to get in the leaderboards and maintain your spot.

There will always be more people pushing to be in the top ten, and you won't be able to stop running until your eyes fall out. You wake up and think, "Oh god I fell asleep!" And then promptly go online and see that you've fallen behind in points. So you spend the day/night farming again, unable to eat or sleep regularly.

It's very unhealthy, and I hope STS actually does something about the max number of portals a player can farm per day, or cap on points.

Foebegone
06-24-2014, 09:51 AM
Believe me, it's not the amount of gold/plat needed that matters this time. The more you farm portals, the more chances you get of looting chests and mythics. So the gold will always find a way to circulate. :) The limiting factor is the time you need to spend in order to get in the leaderboards and maintain your spot.

There will always be more people pushing to be in the top ten, and you won't be able to stop running until your eyes fall out. You wake up and think, "Oh god I fell asleep!" And then promptly go online and see that you've fallen behind in points. So you spend the day/night farming again, unable to eat or sleep regularly.

It's very unhealthy, and I hope STS actually does something about the max number of portals a player can farm per day, or cap on points.

Exactly this, its not about the plat or gold spend its about the unhealthy amount of time that is required to compete.

Skeokateva
06-24-2014, 10:03 AM
Everyone seems upset about lb and 3 week duration to gain and hold a spot on lb,,,then maybe a good quick fix is to have the arcane pet reward granted to the top lb players for each week,and can only get reward once. This increases the amount of arcane pet awards, but doesnt flood al w/ shady and surge pet,,,,and also increases competition to gain spot on lb.

So in summary the event is 3 weeks im suggesting to have 3 sets of lb winners, once per week, and if the player has won the 1st or 2ed week they can't win again.

Its never going to be 100% equal opportunity but this would at least slightly level the playing field and open opportunities for more players, just my thoughts :-)

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Foebegone
06-24-2014, 10:11 AM
Everyone seems upset about lb and 3 week duration to gain and hold a spot on lb,,,then maybe a good quick fix is to have the arcane pet reward granted to the top lb players for each week,and can only get reward once. This increases the amount of arcane pet awards, but doesnt flood al w/ shady and surge pet,,,,and also increases competition to gain spot on lb.

So in summary the event is 3 weeks im suggesting to have 3 sets of lb winners, once per week, and if the player has won the 1st or 2ed week they can't win again.

Its never going to be 100% equal opportunity but this would at least slightly level the playing field and open opportunities for more players, just my thoughts :-)

Good idea but I'd make it a sprint, 6h to get as many points as possible. can be repeated and your best score gets put on ldr board. Have it like a elixir once you take it the score is recorded. That way you get the same grind to get the best perfect score but at least people that work or have classes or are studying for exams can enter too.

Classychic
06-24-2014, 10:25 AM

If they do it for a week then it would become like the goblin event. That still wasn't healthy. I should know :( Anway we'll see how this turns out. The rewards are greater now that the pets are arcane and there are 30 to be given away, so it feels more inclusive and doable for other classes.

flluby2
06-24-2014, 11:52 AM
Thumbs Up. Dovabear is definitely much better than a lv 2 unstashable goblin ring

flluby2
06-24-2014, 11:56 AM
Exactly this, its not about the plat or gold spend its about the unhealthy amount of time that is required to compete.

Ditto. I won't have the time for it, unless I find someone to play it for me. LB rewards is always the extreme.

But it is fair. A definite reward for the most dedicated players.
I think it is a good step away from the lottery factor.

yasshh
06-24-2014, 01:15 PM
Ditto. I won't have the time for it, unless I find someone to play it for me. LB rewards is always the extreme.

But it is fair. A definite reward for the most dedicated players.
I think it is a good step away from the lottery factor.

No, It isnt dedication, Its just they have free time. The others who work cant take a 3 week leave to get on LB though they want to.

Daylax
06-24-2014, 03:05 PM
Questions;
How long is this event/was the goblin event? (June 4th - June 10th, found it out)

How many runs did it take to make it to silver/gold? ( I remember getting 10 something each run )

and.. how much would/did it cost to refill energy? (20 - 25 plat for 5 energy sets, found that)

thx

Edit - 2nd question remains

MrSpamzy
06-24-2014, 03:17 PM
exact date of the Ursoth Assault please? Anybody?

its July 1st :)

TW84
06-24-2014, 04:45 PM
I'm only worried about how the crafting of new lockeds, new chests and energy elixirs will mix together. Hopefully it won't be so that we have to focus on only one of those type of craftings to get optimal gain from the event.

Love the chance of mythic weapons in the new chests (non-lockeds). :biggrin:

iluminatic
06-24-2014, 06:40 PM

iluminatic
06-24-2014, 06:43 PM

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/06/25/adu6yqu6.jpg

Tonyja Tonyjaa
06-25-2014, 01:48 AM
so in this event we dont get any arcane r mythic pet from d locked (not d existing mythic and arcane pet ) so d event its useless for twinks thy run for gold tier thn stopd d running.. and this event doesn't get any better gears than tarlok's for twinks so this event not for d twinks

latortugarabid
06-25-2014, 01:03 PM
It all sounds so perfectly amazing.

Delivering Crits all over Arlor.

heychie
06-25-2014, 01:46 PM
How about the chest?any level of character have a chance to get new mythic weapon?even if its level 41?

Madxnoob
06-25-2014, 02:07 PM
I would imagine so, lower levels never been excluded from mythics n Crates before. I will opening all mine @Lvl.10 IGN: Secretservice

Thrucho
06-25-2014, 02:12 PM
I'm 100℅ sure that I won't place in the leaderboard and that won't be able to buy mythic weapon or get lucky if I open crates.. But I know I going to get gold tier and get Dovabear :D.. I just hope they don't change its stats because players start complaining that is to powerful.. If so plz tell me STS so I can sell it hehe

Carapace
06-25-2014, 03:37 PM
How about the chest?any level of character have a chance to get new mythic weapon?even if its level 41?

Any level can potentially get a Mythic Weapon, yes, however the Mythic Weapons will be fixed at level 41

Valkiirye
06-25-2014, 05:24 PM
Nice

Enviado Desde Tapatalk. ~Valkiirye :) :D

Socrates
06-27-2014, 12:04 PM
2 questions first why you didn't fix the time of the energy balls from 8 hours and second question are the new spirit chests going to open with plat or anyone can open them?

Classychic
06-27-2014, 12:13 PM
2 questions first why you didn't fix the time of the energy balls from 8 hours and second question are the new spirit chests going to open with plat or anyone can open them?

Spirit chests can be opened plat-free. That's why they aren't "locked". ;)

Bunny♥
06-27-2014, 12:25 PM
Spirit chests isnt tradable, ryt?

Hectororius
06-27-2014, 12:37 PM
Spirit chests isnt tradable, ryt?

Correct. Or Stashable

Shackler
06-28-2014, 09:51 AM
Why devobear is better than slag? And only samael is better than devobear. You made the slag egg purchasable and all noobs have slag egg now. This game is getting worse day by day since the mythic glaive's release...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cookiehunterx
06-28-2014, 09:55 AM
Hmm...
Normal locked grand crates of the watch dont drop new weapon?

sorry for my english

Sakurahb
06-29-2014, 03:25 AM
No ^

hakoom7
06-29-2014, 06:36 AM
I think it was meant that overall = bragging, class specific board top 10 = reward.

Can you shove shady and surge into the crates as well? That would make a lot of people happy.

For a sec I thought u were about to say something really bad lol

epicrrr
06-29-2014, 07:24 AM
too many to skim over the threads, but any update on how to get shady and surge?

flluby2
06-29-2014, 02:31 PM
too many to skim over the threads, but any update on how to get shady and surge?

Still the same, get on top 10 LB spot for your class.

Tabeer Amin
06-29-2014, 03:17 PM
How long will be the event?

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

Xeusx
06-29-2014, 04:26 PM
How long will be the event?

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk
3 weeks from 1 July.

Kakashis
06-29-2014, 09:07 PM
I wonder if people will be able to reach gold tier, last time it didn't happen for many even though they ran 3x a day.

anakxxxilang
06-29-2014, 09:27 PM
I LOVE STS hehehe<3

Sent from my C6802 using Tapatalk

Meemaw
06-29-2014, 10:22 PM
I absolutely agree. Spacetime studios are trashing their chances of getting hope in this game, although I appreciate the "Get to gold tier in 3 weeks to get amazing pet" thing, because I can get to gold tier by just using maximum 150k or somthing and I get the egg straight up, and I craft the mythic chests that are non-platinum opening. But this system about the lb is favouritism and marketing all together. Sts is either favouring the lb players or trying to get extra cash out of people by pressuring the event on them making them need to BUY platinum to win. Although, sts has to do that so I don't blame them, but at least make this a bit more fair for the non-uber players. some of us have other things to do. :suspicion:

Churjya
06-29-2014, 11:18 PM
Is it possible to get the gold tier by using only those free energy kits given by the system?

Xeusx
06-29-2014, 11:23 PM
Is it possible to get the gold tier by using only those free energy kits given by the system?
Yup.

Churjya
06-29-2014, 11:57 PM
oh Great.

Mucsi
06-30-2014, 01:36 PM
Nice..but the real question is...is it non-plat user friendly? Do non plat users have a chance to be on lb?

Ill try it

Warlord0520
07-14-2014, 07:21 AM
I've done 3 runs every day consecutively and it looks like I have to pay platinum to reach gold tier, not cool

alexdroog
07-14-2014, 07:26 AM
You could have farmed essenzes and craft them to kits...

Kakashis
07-14-2014, 12:05 PM
You could have farmed essenzes and craft them to kits...

+1 there is still plenty of time to do this. It's a lot of work, but dova is quite worth it! I cheated and bought it first but I ended up looting it as well. It's now worth half as much as it did initially but I couldn't wait xD Hopefully it goes back up later as it was a lot of work!

Once you loot the bear and bought the vanities, you pretty much only craft things if not running for leader board!

Marcus Santana
07-14-2014, 06:52 PM
What the hell. I farm like a slave, buy kits and all that I get is Helena, Helena, Helena. In two weeks I fighted Ursoth two times only. I am far from gold tier because of Helena. Helena this and that. Thanks to Helena, I broke my tablet against my head and now my forehead is sewn. Damn! It's hard to find a decent party when you are lvl 26 and guildless.

marfibagheera
07-15-2014, 01:56 AM
how much points do u need for gold tier

Warlord0520
07-15-2014, 08:20 AM
3201 for gold tier

Hunter16
07-17-2014, 06:53 PM
Hello,

I've got the Dova Bear, the Little one, and bought a lot of chests and stuff with tokens, but I've got like 29 of those Forged Energy Kits which looks like I won't really need anymore. So, thought I'd ask, what happens with them? Do I throw them away? Can I use them in a future event?

Bigboyblue
07-18-2014, 06:19 AM
Hello,

I've got the Dova Bear, the Little one, and bought a lot of chests and stuff with tokens, but I've got like 29 of those Forged Energy Kits which looks like I won't really need anymore. So, thought I'd ask, what happens with them? Do I throw them away? Can I use them in a future event?

I was wondering this as well. They do not have a liquidate option either. What do we do with these????

Zynzyn
07-22-2014, 10:57 PM
Ursoths event was good. :encouragement:

When is the next?

SacredKnight
07-23-2014, 01:34 AM
I was wondering this as well. They do not have a liquidate option either. What do we do with these????

Future events will require energy kits and hence these are used not only in Ursoth but in other events as well. You remember the trade able energy kits from Goblin? And how they were used in Ursoth, well now all events in AL will require energy and all events will most probably give you the chance to forge energy kits ( From knowledge learned so far ).

SacredKnight
07-23-2014, 01:35 AM
3201 for gold tier

It is inconsistent really, I had 3205 points on my rogue and still nothing and other people are saying more then 3250, some people saying less...