PDA

View Full Version : shady and surge

Bunny♥
06-20-2014, 10:00 AM
I just want to clarify it, so this new arcane pet will only be available to those top 10 players(by class) ?? So... theres only 30 eggs (if there's no ties) that will be released in the game? As remiem said in the shady and surge video, she mentioned "its only available as a very rare special reward during the event" .. So it means it wont drop from locks? Hmmm...

obee
06-20-2014, 10:00 AM
I hate how it's another leaderboard pet....

ClumsyCactus
06-20-2014, 10:16 AM
Im starting to get annoyed with this leaderboard [removed].

Attack Dog
06-20-2014, 10:17 AM
People can't no life the game and get 3 million pve kills and max aps to get on leaderboard. So unfair.

Limsi
06-20-2014, 10:19 AM
Hope they'll be available through locked crates. Let's wait.

tharidom
06-20-2014, 10:26 AM
Sts lies again they said it would be a fair way of obtaining them and they've said that the lb wouldn't get such exclusive items anymore-_-.

Crowsfoot
06-20-2014, 11:40 AM
Sts lies again they said it would be a fair way of obtaining them and they've said that the lb wouldn't get such exclusive items anymore-_-.
They said the #1 person won't. They also divided the LB by class and added banners for 150 people. The pet isn't a game changer IMO. If SnS (Shady and Surge) become a pet that is undefeatable in PvP (which it won't due to no stun) or required for timed runs (which it won't due to no mob control) add it to the game a new way. It is a vanity pet and probably the #3 or 4 best arcane pet out there. If it was #1, this conversation would be different.

tharidom
06-20-2014, 11:43 AM
But I still want a fortified glaive and blood ruby which I might could get if I would have a chance on getting shady and surge and then sell them=(.

Classychic
06-20-2014, 11:50 AM
My head is aching with this new info.. I think I'll pass this time.. Can't have no life for 3 weeks :(

Zeus
06-20-2014, 11:51 AM
My head is aching with this new info.. I think I'll pass this time.. Can't have no life for 3 weeks :(

I definitely won't be trying that hard either, lol.

Skeokateva
Im curious. Does anyone know how much plat ppl spent to get on lb's for the goblin event?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Bunny♥

ikr? but the pet is extremely cool, i want one T.T

Bunny♥
06-20-2014, 11:55 AM
Im curious. Does anyone know how much plat ppl spent to get on lb's for the goblin event?

I believe zeus didnt spent any plat for this, with gold, he's earning some, not loosing. Its just about running wisely, if you think of things deeply, you wont spent much as what most people think it is.

As for my case, I spent some plats but I got bigger returns of gold from it, so its still chill.

Classychic
06-20-2014, 11:56 AM
I definitely won't be trying that hard either, lol.

ikr? but the pet is extremely cool, i want one T.T

I want one too, but I don't know if I'm still up for it. I was mostly asleep on vacay because of the goblin event. Three weeks is too long to miss irl stuff. :(

P.S. so that's how to multi-quote!!! Learned something new today!

Bunny♥
06-20-2014, 11:58 AM
I want one too, but I don't know if I'm still up for it. I was mostly asleep on vacay because of the goblin event. Three weeks is too long to miss irl stuff. :(

P.S. so that's how to multi-quote!!! Learned something new today!

yay! same, classes starts, cant play much right now T.T

mikejee
06-20-2014, 12:03 PM
I understand people should be rewarded and all, that's fair. But this lb stuff is starting to go a little overboard, give us little guys a chance here please. Not everyone can afford to spend night and day farming these portals or whatever the case may be this time. And once again this is just making the rich richer. The vanities were a step in the right direction and this is as they say one " one step forward, two steps back". If this is actually how it turns out to be, as always stuff like this is subject to change, so they may change the way this pans out. So that's my two cents.

Classychic
06-20-2014, 12:08 PM
yay! same, classes starts, cant play much right now T.T

Ugghhh. I know the rewards are better and there's more chance to compete right now but *sigh*, I know I can't expect much from myself this time.

Classychic
06-20-2014, 12:12 PM
I understand people should be rewarded and all, that's fair. But this lb stuff is starting to go a little overboard, give us little guys a chance here please. Not everyone can afford to spend night and day farming these portals or whatever the case may be this time. And once again this is just making the rich richer. The vanities were a step in the right direction and this is as they say one " one step forward, two steps back". If this is actually how it turns out to be, as always stuff like this is subject to change, so they may change the way this pans out. So that's my two cents.

A lot of people were requesting that hard work be rewarded rather than the amount of plat u can spend. Well here, you need both plats/gold and time to be able to reap the rewards. I'm hoping reaching gold tier is achievable with minimum gold/plat expenditure though, if you have the time to farm. Dovabear looks like a very cool pet. :)

Bunny♥
06-20-2014, 12:12 PM
Ugghhh. I know the rewards are better and there's more chance to compete right now but *sigh*, I know I can't expect much from myself this time.

true, its already top 10, not top 3, it would be easier but nahh T.T
and the banner is cool, much better than the goblin one lol!

Skeokateva
06-20-2014, 12:17 PM
I believe zeus didnt spent any plat for this, with gold, he's earning some, not loosing. Its just about running wisely, if you think of things deeply, you wont spent much as what most people think it is.

As for my case, I spent some plats but I got bigger returns of gold from it, so its still chill.
Nice, thats good to know I didn't play during last event and was under the impression that the only way to the top of lb was to unload ur plat,,, which I dont have any atm lol. thx for the reply

Crowsfoot
06-20-2014, 12:18 PM
Mages will be much more comepetetive. We know from the last LB who the warriors (I saw 11 going all out) and rogues (well over 20) will be to try for this pet. I only saw 6 mages try their best though. It will be intriguing to see who wins.

Classychic
06-20-2014, 12:19 PM

Ikr! And this is coming from us, lol! I'm really sad that to let this pet go :(

mikejee
06-20-2014, 12:24 PM
A lot of people were requesting that hard work be rewarded rather than the amount of plat u can spend. Well here, you need both plats/gold and time to be able to reap the rewards. I'm hoping reaching gold tier is achievable with minimum gold/plat expenditure though, if you have the time to farm. Dovabear looks like a very cool pet. :)

Oh I agree with what you're saying, hard work should definitely be payed off. But rewards such as this..@@ I mean with all the ways to spend plat, do they really need a new avenue? And I'm saying this as someone who's bought 18k plat. I've just had bad luck with crates. But yes I want that bear badly xD The tarlok event was perfect, that rewarded the big plat spenders nicely with instant access, but still left everyone an equal chance to get these pets

Bunny♥
06-20-2014, 12:39 PM
leaderboard reward is chill for me, its like changing your gambling experiences in crates to fast portal runs. Look, people who got whims on tarlok event opens lock crates too, which cost plats and to think they still gamble. Spent gold to buy crates and also spent plat to open it, its still the same way. With LB stuff, its fix, you know you'll get something good while spending your plat/gold unlike crates its 50-50, always depends on your luck.

Its a comparison between luck and hardwork, its up to you which way you go through. For me, I go for hardwork, i dont trust my lucks atm :|

basketholic209
06-20-2014, 03:50 PM
leaderboard reward is chill for me, its like changing your gambling experiences in crates to fast portal runs. Look, people who got whims on tarlok event opens lock crates too, which cost plats and to think they still gamble. Spent gold to buy crates and also spent plat to open it, its still the same way. With LB stuff, its fix, you know you'll get something good while spending your plat/gold unlike crates its 50-50, always depends on your luck.

Its a comparison between luck and hardwork, its up to you which way you go through. For me, I go for hardwork, i dont trust my lucks atm :|
The problem is that we need two components:
1. Gold or plat
2. Time

Not everyone can grind all day and night for 3 weeks straight. We have jobs, schools, etc. in real life. And to compete for LB, we have only two options:
1. Sacrifice many things in real life.
2. Share account (which is bannable).

The way I see it right now, current LB plan is unhealthy for players.

Sent from my SM-N900 using Tapatalk

Legallyblonde
06-20-2014, 04:00 PM
Lol@LB

Zeus
06-20-2014, 04:06 PM
I hope my efforts for the goblin event will be enough so that I may purchase Shady and Surge without dealing with this nonsense again. Truly, it's ridiculous. However, I thought that six days was much more reasonable than three weeks of this nonsense.

Crowsfoot
06-20-2014, 04:07 PM
I hope my efforts for the goblin event will be enough so that I may purchase Shady and Surge without dealing with this nonsense again. Truly, it's ridiculous. However, I thought that six days was much more reasonable than three weeks of this nonsense.
Sooooo is our deal off?

tharidom
06-20-2014, 04:13 PM
Its only buying an arcane pet:/

epicrrr
06-20-2014, 04:14 PM
Top 10 Rogues competition, its gonna be messy.

@all rogs dont shock us now with 250k event points! :banana:

Bunny♥
06-20-2014, 04:22 PM
The problem is that we need two components:
1. Gold or plat
2. Time

Not everyone can grind all day and night for 3 weeks straight. We have jobs, schools, etc. in real life. And to compete for LB, we have only two options:
1. Sacrifice many things in real life.
2. Share account (which is bannable).

The way I see it right now, current LB plan is unhealthy for players.

Sent from my SM-N900 using Tapatalk

did sam just confirmed theres time limit on runs now? hmm..

Limsi
06-20-2014, 11:45 PM

I'm sure you'll have more than enough to cover the cost for Shady and Surge. Don't succumb into sleepless nights again; it proves to take toll on the later days.

Aziiii
06-21-2014, 02:18 AM
I went inactive at the last event because i personaly didnt find it motivating so im waiting to see this one :D

Jig
06-21-2014, 07:28 AM
Make class leaderboards separate for crying out loud!

If not I'm not going to even participate but get to gold tier and bye bye, most people have school to go to or work, or even shift work :/ what is it 3 weeks??

Like Zeus said I think the original top 5 or even 10 deserve shady and surge knowing even the goblin event was just a beta testing for the real Ursoth one...

Crowsfoot
06-21-2014, 10:47 AM
Make class leaderboards separate for crying out loud!

If not I'm not going to even participate but get to gold tier and bye bye, most people have school to go to or work, or even shift work :/ what is it 3 weeks??

Like Zeus said I think the original top 5 or even 10 deserve shady and surge knowing even the goblin event was just a beta testing for the real Ursoth one...
They are separate. There will be banners for the top 50 from each class and SnS eggs for the top 10 from each class.

Iliketolol
06-21-2014, 11:19 AM
I wnna know who came up with idea of energy from sts, so i can personally rage at him on my quiting thread:o

Bunny♥
06-21-2014, 11:22 AM
I wnna know who came up with idea of energy from sts, so i can personally rage at him on my quiting thread:o

LOL! no need to rage at them, look, its your decision if you gonna bite with those kits or not, if you dont want to spend $ , then dont, no need to rage, just saying.

Classychic
06-21-2014, 12:51 PM

Hey, I dunno about you but the goblin banner still looks sick for me. Haha. I feel like a tribesman wearing a necklace of lion's teeth around my neck. The skull is a bit heavy to lug around sometimes, though. I take it off when my back aches ;)

Bunny♥
06-21-2014, 01:04 PM
Hey, I dunno about you but the goblin banner still looks sick for me. Haha. I feel like a tribesman wearing a necklace of lion's teeth around my neck. The skull is a bit heavy to lug around sometimes, though. I take it off when my back aches ;)

omg @ bold part, hahahaha. But the new banner now is made up of curtain cloth, dont worry, it wont be as heavy as goblins head. xD

i should reward you as the best tree meme maker for this year!

Crowsfoot
06-21-2014, 01:09 PM
i should reward you as the best tree meme maker for this year!
Thanks ;)

Spell
06-21-2014, 02:31 PM
So let's all get a tie and win the cute Lil pets =3

Crowsfoot
06-21-2014, 02:35 PM
+1

;)

Bunny♥
06-21-2014, 03:08 PM

150 SnS eggs will be released :3

Classychic
06-21-2014, 05:08 PM
150 SnS eggs will be released :3

Yikes. I imagine they won't be that expensive then. Honestly what's pulling me to try to run the ursoth as much as can afford to is the thrill of looting chests, more than S&S. He is certainly a very attractive pet, but I'm afraid I'll pass out from sheer exhaustion and pressure over three weeks. :(

Crowsfoot
06-21-2014, 05:27 PM
Yikes. I imagine they won't be that expensive then. Honestly what's pulling me to try to run the ursoth as much as can afford to is the thrill of looting chests, more than S&S. He is certainly a very attractive pet, but I'm afraid I'll pass out from sheer exhaustion and pressure over three weeks. :(
It was a joke. A tie within the top ten per class will result in more than 30 being released.

Bunny♥
06-21-2014, 06:10 PM
yep, and its not possible to put all these 50 players (by class) on tie because they need to maintain same points which is only possible if you are in the same pt. Since theres only 4 party mates that is allowed for you to pt with, the minimum possibility of ties would be between 40 players per class, not 50 :)
geez, wonder if people will do this, lol.

Crowsfoot
06-21-2014, 06:14 PM
yep, and its not possible to put all these 50 players (by class) on tie because they need to maintain same points which is only possible if you are in the same pt. Since theres only 4 party mates that is allowed for you to pt with, the minimum possibility of ties would be between 40 players per class, not 50 :)
geez, wonder if people will do this, lol.
If there is a 3 way tie for second place then onku ten people will receive the egg. This is because the next place listed after second is considered 5th.
You would need a 41 way tie for 10th place in each class lb for 150 eggs to be released.

Tendirin
06-21-2014, 06:14 PM
Yeah, this leaderboard prizes have to stop people will just cheat there way into the leaderboards like always not really fair

Crowsfoot
06-21-2014, 06:20 PM
Yeah, this leaderboard prizes have to stop people will just cheat there way into the leaderboards like always not really fair
Did you read the changes Sam announced? Plus, an alliance is more team work than cheating.

Exactly! Plat plat plat plat
Everyone on the lb used gold.

obee
06-21-2014, 06:21 PM
Yeah but how did they get all that gold and arcane stuff! Plat. Tell me one leaderboard user that hasn't used plat. Not everyone has 1 million gold to spend on energy kits

Crowsfoot
06-21-2014, 06:24 PM
Yeah but how did they get all that gold and arcane stuff! Plat
I could have made the lb if I hadn't given up in intent to put my gold to better use in the Ursoth event. Iwas only 13k points off the lb. I went 2 and a half days without running a single portal and was only 6 and a half hours worth of runs away.

I've also never bought plat.

obee
06-21-2014, 06:25 PM
I could have made the lb if I hadn't given up in intent to put my gold to better use in the Ursoth event. Iwas only 13k points off the lb. I went 2 and a half days without running a single portal and was only 6 and a half hours worth of runs away.

I've also never bought plat.

That's you. Ask everyone else. Plus it's way harder to make tons of money now without play

Crowsfoot
06-21-2014, 06:29 PM
That's you. Ask everyone else. Plus it's way harder to make tons of money now without play
I'm running about 15 elites a week (waiting for the bulwark mainly) and making 100k+ a week.

With enough time investment, you can make a fortune in elites. EGDs are 90k pop, most legendaries are about 100k+ a pop, and elixirs are readily available as kits.

obee
06-21-2014, 06:29 PM
I'm running about 15 elites a week (waiting for the bulwark mainly) and making 100k+ a week.

I said ask everyone else what they do and how they get on leaderboard.

Crowsfoot
06-21-2014, 06:31 PM
I said ask everyone else what they do and how they get on leaderboard.
Instant spent gold and put in hours of hard work.

obee
06-21-2014, 06:32 PM
Instant spent gold and put in hours of hard work.

No they use plat

Arpluvial
06-21-2014, 06:33 PM
Hey guys!

Please make sure to look at these threads:
1. http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?160370-An-Explanation-of-Tiers-Leaderboards-and-the-Energy-System-During-Ursoth-s-Assault
2. http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?159398-How-Event-Crates-amp-Chests-Work-During-the-Ursoth-s-Assault-Event

As a reminder, we are always happy to receive feedback, both positive and negative, so long as it is constructive. :)

Crowsfoot
06-21-2014, 06:34 PM
No they use plat
He used to do elite and then won some gear in 1v1 a lot of his gear gets lent to him and then he used some plat to get his staff.

He's the luckies punk I've ever seen in elite. He got 2mil in drops within 10 runs in the same week.

obee
06-21-2014, 06:35 PM
He used to do elite and then won some gear in 1v1 a lot of his gear gets lent to him and then he used some plat to get his staff.

He's the luckies punk I've ever seen in elite. He got 2mil in drops within 10 runs in the same week.

I'm telling you they use plat all the time

Crowsfoot
06-21-2014, 06:39 PM
I'm telling you they use plat all the time
How many do you personally know?

obee
06-21-2014, 06:41 PM
How many do you personally know?

How do people get arcane rings, SAMs and kershss without plat

Bunny♥
06-21-2014, 06:42 PM
If there is a 3 way tie for second place then onku ten people will receive the egg. This is because the next place listed after second is considered 5th.

huh? well, yes, 5th but isnt it LB gives the next correspondent number after the ties? For example, 3 peep tied in 2nd place, the rank that is assigned to them will still be #2 then the next peep that has lower points to the rank 2 still is on the 3rd rank and then tied again and so on, theres no chances for 150 eggs to be released, max is 40 per class. (which is done by each place who got same points and on the same pt) correct me if im wrong.

Bunny♥
06-21-2014, 06:44 PM
Yeah but how did they get all that gold and arcane stuff! Plat. Tell me one leaderboard user that hasn't used plat. Not everyone has 1 million gold to spend on energy kits

obee, when you farm in portals, you get loots that you can resell to the market and use it again to buy energy. Its not necessary for you to spend plat.

Crowsfoot
06-21-2014, 06:45 PM
How do people get arcane rings, SAMs and kershss without plat
I already told you how I've never bought plat.

SacredKnight
06-21-2014, 06:46 PM
Dovahkiin *ahem erm, I mean Dovabear is a FREE pet egg AWARDED to everyone who reaches gold tier.
This pet is trade able, think about how many people actually reach gold tier ( Tens of Thousands ), will this pet just be a failure and be cheap in CS?

Crowsfoot
06-21-2014, 06:48 PM
Dovahkiin *ahem erm, I mean Dovabear is a FREE pet egg AWARDED to everyone who reaches gold tier.
This pet is trade able, think about how many people actually reach gold tier ( Tens of Thousands ), will this pet just be a failure and be cheap in CS?
I'm farming one on at least 3 accounts.

Bunny♥
06-21-2014, 06:50 PM

true, I got some feedback from my friends and they are planning to make tons of alts and reach them to golden tier, this egg will really drop its price while the event is running, LOL.

Morholt
06-21-2014, 07:46 PM
Who really cares about Devobears price? He's a free pet that is better than Slag!
Some people can never be satisfied. Sts is practically saying, "okay, the new arcane pet--that isn't even great--is going to be given to select winners who play the most. But, we are practicality giving everyone a free super powerful mythic quality pet for playing just a little bit."

So who is the winner? 30 supposedly rich players, who will get a pet that is going to be fairly junky to them? Or free players, who will be getting a free pet that is likely better than any pet they already have?

Meanwhile, as 'rich players' are farming hard for the leaderboard to get a junky pet & a useless banner, the 'poor, free players' can be playing relaxed, farming for locks & energy essences, to make the new locked crates, that'll sell for lots of gold.

Sounds like this event is going to be better for the 'poor' player than the 'plat' player.

Edit: and devobear prices won't ever get abysmally low. Every player is going to keep one for their main--it's just too good of a pet--and likely a handful for their main alts. Then consider the infinite supply of Shiloh, Colton, and Crawly eggs and their decent value, even though those pets have no where near the demand a Devobear will, as Devobear is better for all classes, and in nearly every way.

Iliketolol
06-21-2014, 11:44 PM
Who really cares about Devobears price? He's a free pet that is better than Slag!
Some people can never be satisfied. Sts is practically saying, "okay, the new arcane pet--that isn't even great--is going to be given to select winners who play the most. But, we are practicality giving everyone a free super powerful mythic quality pet for playing just a little bit."

So who is the winner? 30 supposedly rich players, who will get a pet that is going to be fairly junky to them? Or free players, who will be getting a free pet that is likely better than any pet they already have?

Meanwhile, as 'rich players' are farming hard for the leaderboard to get a junky pet & a useless banner, the 'poor, free players' can be playing relaxed, farming for locks & energy essences, to make the new locked crates, that'll sell for lots of gold.

Sounds like this event is going to be better for the 'poor' player than the 'plat' player.

Edit: and devobear prices won't ever get abysmally low. Every player is going to keep one for their main--it's just too good of a pet--and likely a handful for their main alts. Then consider the infinite supply of Shiloh, Colton, and Crawly eggs and their decent value, even though those pets have no where near the demand a Devobear will, as Devobear is better for all classes, and in nearly every way.

Out of thanks dude.

utpal
06-22-2014, 12:22 AM
@obee
dude be calm and think.

first u need luck.( to get some good loot)

secondly u need good frnds (so that they can lend u)

thirdly u need good farming guild.(for gold income)

utpal
06-22-2014, 12:28 AM
@morholt and other anti-dovabear's stat guys

plz stop saying pet is OP or better then slag or other blah blah. I dnt want this pet to be nerfed.
and the pet is strong and seems like getting gold tier will not be that mch easy.

to get konga in s4 from BH was so hard. as well as other elite boss pet in respective season.

so dovabear will be definitely very very harder then above task.

-no
06-22-2014, 12:28 AM
Shady and surge--for plat buyers, and mega rich. Dovabear-- for the rest of us :)

-no
06-22-2014, 12:31 AM
I already told you how I've never bought plat.

Just takes lots of playing, and smart selling/buying. You obviously did well.

utpal
06-22-2014, 12:32 AM
true, I got some feedback from my friends and they are planning to make tons of alts and reach them to golden tier, this egg will really drop its price while the event is running, LOL.

let them make lol. I hope they dnt regret XD.
getting to gold tier will not be easy. there is reason to make 3 week event.

I made 3more alts with story tokens. I hope it doesn't get wasted :3

-no
06-22-2014, 12:34 AM
let them make lol. I hope they dnt regret XD.
getting to gold tier will not be easy. there is reason to make 3 week event.

I made 3more alts with story tokens. I hope it doesn't get wasted :3

If anything you have 75 more inv slots now, lol.

Morholt
06-22-2014, 12:38 AM
@morholt and other anti-dovabear's stat guys

plz stop saying pet is OP or better then slag or other blah blah. I dnt want this pet to be nerfed.
and the pet is strong and seems like getting gold tier will not be that mch easy.

to get konga in s4 from BH was so hard. as well as other elite boss pet in respective season.

so dovabear will be definitely very very harder then above task.Anti-devobear?
Umm, I personally LOVE this new pet, and I can't wait to start cracking them open on my toons!

Sts is aware how strong the pet is. And I honestly believe this is their way of apologizing to us for the debacle that the Goblin Event was. I doubt they'll nerf their apology.

And now that there is plenty of free energy for the people playing the game (5 energy every two hours, on top of the replenishing energy), everyone actually playing the game should be able to do enough runs to reach gold tier for this pet.

utpal
06-22-2014, 12:38 AM
Just takes lots of playing, and smart selling/buying. You obviously did well.

yeah u non plat players should put alot time like how crows played for 1.5yrs(I think).

I also playing since the release ( beta was released only in Australia and Canada, but i live in India)
and I managed to get 7m (I didn't played AL mch in beginning as i was playing PL and SL)
also I have nvr bought plat. only free offers.
u only should time and need luck as well

utpal
06-22-2014, 12:41 AM
@morholt
because u said dovabear is better then slag. :O

Bunny♥
06-22-2014, 05:59 AM
getting to gold tier will not be easy.

i know, lvl scaling bug is fixed so no more easy runs now. hehe .

iluminatic
06-22-2014, 07:14 AM
@morholt
because u said dovabear is better then slag. :O

Slag is old mythic pet so new generation legendary pets will be stronger :-) that's is normal games progress :beer: