PDA

View Full Version : The Hungry Pet/AA cooldown Problem

Sorcerie
06-20-2014, 01:14 PM
So I noticed that If I use my pets arcane ability just before it goes hungry and the ability is on cooldown I'm stranded without pet buffs until I can switch it out.

This is kind of a huge annoyance in elite pve when you're not really paying attention to your pets feed status and all of a sudden you're stuck there with a hungry pet that you can't switch out like a sitting duck.

And while I know the obvious solution to this would be to put my pet on auto-feed, I don't really see the need to be forced to keep a pet on auto-feed if I don't have to.

What makes this worse is that while the pet is hungry and the skill is on cooldown you lose the ability to see how long you have left till you can switch out your pet, which is normally transparent and visible while the timer on the arcane ability is charging.

So essentially you're standing there with a hungry pet you can't switch out and can't tell how long you have left till you can because there's a sad face with no way to see the timer.

Is it possible to make it so that if your pet is hungry and it's skill is on CD that the hunger sign appear transparent with timer the same as when it's skill is on CD normally?

At least this way I don't have to stand around in the middle of combat with my stable menu open to figure out how soon I can switch my pet.

Schnitzel
06-20-2014, 01:59 PM
I hate that too

Me: *use AA*
Malison: Im hungry :(
Me: Can I...swap you for Ethyl so you can rest?
Malison: No
Me: but...we in PvE right now
Malison: FEED MEEEE!!!

flluby2
06-20-2014, 02:17 PM
I need to see the timer too. I wasted many precious seconds going back n forth the stable while facing mobs to find out when I could make the switch.
And oddly while im at the stable page, and viewing the "your pet is still hungry" message, the timer kinda stopped.
Safer way would be switch it when the bar is low, but problem is I often Am too busy doing everything else to noticed that.

Milan Lame Man
06-20-2014, 05:20 PM
Yeah I don't see why STS made it the hard way, adding messages, timers, checks, and also issues like this and others.

It should have been that you can swap a skill or pet at any time, but THEN it's put on its cooldown (like you just used the skill or pet's AA).

Serancha
06-20-2014, 05:34 PM
I hate that too

Possibly the funniest post of the month. Hehe

Zeus
06-20-2014, 09:24 PM
I hate that too

This made me LOL! Unfortunately, I'm out of thanks. :(