PDA

View Full Version : Ursoth's Revised Energy System

Jenvy
06-20-2014, 03:10 PM
So, I think 95% of us basically agree that the goblin event energy system was fatally flawed in one form or another.

When STS told us they'd listen to our feedback and fix what needed fixing, I trusted that they themselves had recognized the flaws and would do their utmost to fix them.

And now we have a 'new' system.

This new system includes a crafting element to 'ease the burden' for non-plat spenders, as well as the ability to gain energy through event chests/crates.

But apart from that, it is exactly the same. It still only gives 1 energy per 8 hours, only the event bosses drop occasional energy (not arlor bosses), plat cost is still 5 per 1 energy, and there is still a portal allowing unrestricted entry should you have the energy. Also, there is now an even more alluring reward for the richest amongst us: an exclusive arcane pet for the top 10 LB scores in each class.

What with the all the other items that need to be crafted during the event, I can't help but think that this is the same flawed package tied with a pretty bow instead of dirty straw twine.

This is a huge letdown for me. I mean... was it wrong to expect big changes after being reassured they would come? :upset:

Thoughts about the new system?

Serancha
06-20-2014, 03:13 PM
How does crafting energy ease any burden? It just means you have a bigger backlog of items waiting to craft at all times. It also appears that you can't give the crafted energy to your alts, since it is "for that character only".

ArtofWar
06-20-2014, 03:15 PM
Doesn't matter if it's a new system or not, I hate the energy system itself. :grumpy:

ClumsyCactus
06-20-2014, 03:23 PM
Doesn't matter if it's a new system or not, I hate the energy system itself. :grumpy:

This

Pandamoni
06-20-2014, 03:44 PM
I was going to buy two 1700 plat bundles if this event was what I had hoped it would be so Icould pop locked crates. I won't be doing that now. Oh well.

Skeletonlord
06-20-2014, 04:34 PM

Yeah, the energy system has been a let down for the starter goblin event. 3 energy every day is no where near enough if you want all the tiers.

If they are still going on with the current energy system, how about adding an elixir for plat and gold that gives unlimited access to the new maps? It possibly adding 5 energy instead of 3 being active at a time?

Rare
06-20-2014, 04:40 PM
In still curious about the match making in pugs. Well gold tiers still be matched with lower tiers?

Pandamoni
06-20-2014, 04:47 PM
Oh, yes! Also, I accidentally wasted energy during the goblin event because I opened a few energy balls when my meter was full. Grrrr. then I dc'd like 5 times during boss fight. So annoying. The whole thing is just frustrating. At least in Tarlok, if you DC'd you could reenter the dungeon as long as you hadn't picked up the loot.

Kreasadriii
06-20-2014, 05:25 PM
Oh, yes! Also, I accidentally wasted energy during the goblin event because I opened a few energy balls when my meter was full. Grrrr. then I dc'd like 5 times during boss fight. So annoying. The whole thing is just frustrating. At least in Tarlok, if you DC'd you could reenter the dungeon as long as you hadn't picked up the loot.

Agree about wasted energy if we accidentaly open energy elixirs without realize the energy bar..
Tarlok is still the best event because all lvl and all player enjoy it, no need energy too X_X

Kakashis
06-20-2014, 06:21 PM
Like last event, I will just play w/o buying any energy and hope I actually reach gold tier this time around.

Azcox
06-20-2014, 06:25 PM
i agre tarlok event wast the best one for not plat players this goblin event make me more poor then i was :grumpy:

Xenobiotic
06-20-2014, 06:32 PM
So, I think 95% of us basically agree that the goblin event energy system was fatally flawed in one form or another.

When STS told us they'd listen to our feedback and fix what needed fixing, I trusted that they themselves had recognized the flaws and would do their utmost to fix them.

And now we have a 'new' system.

This new system includes a crafting element to 'ease the burden' for non-plat spenders, as well as the ability to gain energy through event chests/crates.

But apart from that, it is exactly the same. It still only gives 1 energy per 8 hours, only the event bosses drop occasional energy (not arlor bosses), plat cost is still 5 per 1 energy, and there is still a portal allowing unrestricted entry should you have the energy. Also, there is now an even more alluring reward for the richest amongst us: an exclusive arcane pet for the top 10 LB scores in each class.

What with the all the other items that need to be crafted during the event, I can't help but think that this is the same flawed package tied with a pretty bow instead of dirty straw twine.

This is a huge letdown for me. I mean... was it wrong to expect big changes after being reassured they would come? :upset:

Thoughts about the new system?

Wait back up, you're telling me that ONLY the top 10 people get Shady and Surge? Wow STG, I have so much percentage of getting Shady and Surge considering the facts that I'm not a plat spender, I have a life, and that I'm not a maxed gear unlike Trueorigin and Parth.

Why does it always have to be like this? Is this a sign that this will repeat? First Nightshade now Shady and Surge? You guys need the money then put it through crates because rewarding it to the top 10 people is completely outrageously unfair for non plat spenders. Think about what you're doing. At least make it a super rare loot from exclusive chests dropping throughout elite tindirin and the event bosses. Anyways, my rant is over, please think carefully.

Edit: I just read the official post. The crafting idea is so bad, it loads more burden than lights. The tier rewards are ehh but the silver tier reward blows, I thought we would get like idk a legendary armor (that's actually usable in pvp and pve).

Energizeric
06-20-2014, 06:34 PM
To get rid of the energy system would require another game client and another 6 months for them to get it done.

Ishtmeet
06-20-2014, 06:37 PM
Will not be the best, but will be better than goblin. One thing that can improve events that takes energies to enter portals : What about 1 plat for 1energy? 3k for one kit is awesome. And many would like it.!!

Sent from my Gpad_G1 using Tapatalk

Azcox
06-20-2014, 06:47 PM
yep but if u dont want to spend plat u need to expend alot of gold for buy energy kits that make me poor and the reward was iron bite egg or gobling glaive i try to sell them and i dont make any close the gold i was spend to buy kits:grumpy:

Energizeric
06-20-2014, 06:52 PM
yep but if u dont want to spend plat u need to expend alot of gold for buy energy kits that make me poor and the reward was iron bite egg or gobling glaive i try to sell them and i dont make any close the gold i was spend to buy kits:grumpy:

If they make the kits cheaper, then more people will buy them, more people will enter the portal, more ironbite eggs and goblin glaives would have been for sale, and the prices of those items would have been proportionally lower, so in the end you would be in the same boat. In order to profit from the event, you had to do enough runs to loot some Gyrm eggs -- that was where the money was.

Doomreaper
06-20-2014, 06:55 PM
Agree about wasted energy if we accidentaly open energy elixirs without realize the energy bar..
Tarlok is still the best event because all lvl and all player enjoy it, no need energy too X_X

Tarlok was Lvl 10+, just like all the other events. There must be some reason that this event is level 35+ or else they wouldn't have put this restriction. It's not like a bunch of twinks got on the leaderboard for the goblin event.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Azcox
06-20-2014, 07:02 PM
well i make to many runs and never get gyrm egg i kill just one time the last boss hard to find for me

Zeus
06-20-2014, 08:09 PM
It needs to be in both crates and the event leaderboard, honestly. The entire reason why people spend platinum is to replace the time factor. So, this really just favors the gold rich with a lot of time on their hands.

I think in this case, STG is losing sight of the forest for the trees. Yes, the energy system could make a lot of money but as it is set up right now, it is disappointing to many players - both free players and platinum spenders.

Xenobiotic
06-20-2014, 08:49 PM
It needs to be in both crates and the event leaderboard, honestly. The entire reason why people spend platinum is to replace the time factor. So, this really just favors the gold rich with a lot of time on their hands.

I think in this case, STG is losing sight of the forest for the trees. Yes, the energy system could make a lot of money but as it is set up right now, it is disappointing to many players - both free players and platinum spenders.
As of right now, all I care is that Shady and Surge must be lootable alternatively than the way it is now.

Crowsfoot
06-20-2014, 08:54 PM
If they make the kits cheaper, then more people will buy them, more people will enter the portal, more ironbite eggs and goblin glaives would have been for sale, and the prices of those items would have been proportionally lower, so in the end you would be in the same boat. In order to profit from the event, you had to do enough runs to loot some Gyrm eggs -- that was where the money was.
Two words: bell curve.

There has yet to be a large edition to the game (Passive stats, CTF, TDM, the Arena, Crafting, etc) that hasn't come with a large amount of negative feedback. I would like to at least try the changes before I make a final opinion but I like the potential with the energy system. I also like how the majority of suggested changes were implemented which shows STS is open to improvements. They are not, however, likely to throw away the system all together (which shouldn't surprise anyone).

Morholt
06-20-2014, 10:03 PM
I...I...I just don't get it...

How are people complaining about this now?! You get nearly 100 energy per day, FREE, if you're actually playing.

And they're giving us a FREE pet that is looking to be better than Slag! It's pretty much guaranteed to be yours if you're playing the game. Reaching gold tier should be extremely easy, when you can easily farm and craft so much energy.

I'm actually shocked about this amazing Devobear...it's so easy to get! Literally...unless you simply can't play at all for the whole event...you should be able to get this free mythic quality pet. I think this is STS' attempt at apologizing for the Goblin Event being so terrible.

I'd much rather have the system of finding 3 essences to make energy than having to kill bosses for a chance at a free portal, as it was extremely annoying to be clearing maps during Tarlok when people would just join and sit back, waiting for you to finish doing everything.

-no
06-20-2014, 10:16 PM
And they're giving us a FREE pet that is looking to be better than Slag! It's pretty much guaranteed to be yours if you're playing the game. Reaching gold tier should be extremely easy, when you can easily farm and craft so much energy.

I'm actually shocked about this amazing Devobear...it's so easy to get! Literally...unless you simply can't play at all for the whole event...you should be able to get this free mythic quality pet. I think this is STS' attempt at apologizing for the Goblin Event being so.

I agree.

Classychic
06-20-2014, 10:31 PM

I totally agree with this. However I think this is their step towards answering those who prefer a guaranteed reward system as opposed to the luck based crate drops. We'll have to see how it will work out. I still prefer that S&S be lootable from crates, too. :(

utpal
06-20-2014, 10:40 PM
now we will be using our plats and golds on energy kits to reach gold tier in less time so I want atleast 100% chance to get boss that gives nice sum of tokens.

honestly, gold tiers should only run with gold tiers. last event I didn't knew about the fact that gold tier only get Payne. so I wasted alot gold in kits and when I run I get only 2tokens coz others are bronze tier -.-
lucky to get Payne at first and got gyrm.

the coming event should match gold tier only with gold. we did hard work to reach gold tier and I dnt wanna pug with bronze.

and I honestly dnt care about the other ways to get energy kits.

I WANT GOLD TIER TO PUG WITH GOLD TIER ONLY

Rare
06-20-2014, 11:46 PM
It's not always about money in game

SacredKnight
06-21-2014, 12:04 AM
I don't see the point of a permanent portal in the Event Zone if portals spawn from bosses ( Vice Versa ). Also the tier matching needs to be fixed, people hate reaching gold tier only to find that they fight bosses not even suited for bronze tier.

Hiosahaf
06-21-2014, 12:25 AM
Tarlok >>> Ursoth

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk

basketholic209
06-21-2014, 12:50 AM
I...I...I just don't get it...

How are people complaining about this now?! You get nearly 100 energy per day, FREE, if you're actually playing.

I'm actually shocked about this amazing Devobear...it's so easy to get! Literally...unless you simply can't play at all for the whole event...you should be able to get this free mythic quality pet. I think this is STS' attempt at apologizing for the Goblin Event being so terrible.

I'd much rather have the system of finding 3 essences to make energy than having to kill bosses for a chance at a free portal, as it was extremely annoying to be clearing maps during Tarlok when people would just join and sit back, waiting for you to finish doing everything.

I agree. As much as I hate energy system, actually the free energy essence crafting is pretty good for me as a non plat user. The challenge, though, is the limitation of crafting and inventory slots, which should be smartly managed all across your toons.

Sent from my SM-N900 using Tapatalk

basketholic209
06-21-2014, 01:05 AM
I totally agree with this. However I think this is their step towards answering those who prefer a guaranteed reward system as opposed to the luck based crate drops. We'll have to see how it will work out. I still prefer that S&S be lootable from crates, too. :(
Yes, I think it is due to many complaints that locked crates are too much of a gamble. But I think STG must find a way to redesign the LB system so that skill is also incorporated to be one of the factors, besides gold/plat and time.

For example: make it to be something like timed runs where people need skill, but they also can rerun as many as they like to fix their records. And LB have two factors to calculate, best time and total runs. This way, we don't have to blatantly put all of our time in this game for 3 weeks, which is totally unhealthy.

Disclaimer: I don't have free time to compete for 3 weeks, nor do I have skills and equipments to compete for something like timed runs (complete noob at pve and pvp, lol), so still no chance for me at all. But I think it is just fairer if skill is one of the factors.

Classychic
06-21-2014, 12:46 PM
Yes, I think it is due to many complaints that locked crates are too much of a gamble. But I think STG must find a way to redesign the LB system so that skill is also incorporated to be one of the factors, besides gold/plat and time.

For example: make it to be something like timed runs where people need skill, but they also can rerun as many as they like to fix their records. And LB have two factors to calculate, best time and total runs. This way, we don't have to blatantly put all of our time in this game for 3 weeks, which is totally unhealthy.

Disclaimer: I don't have free time to compete for 3 weeks, nor do I have skills and equipments to compete for something like timed runs (complete noob at pve and pvp, lol), so still no chance for me at all. But I think it is just fairer if skill is one of the factors.

Pro merch, though! ;)

Azcox
06-21-2014, 01:18 PM
i run like 100 times and just one time i found mayor Payne only i get pain to find him :suspicion:

Azcox
06-21-2014, 01:32 PM
i have to much time for contest but no gold to expend or plat that is the sad part :tranquillity::grumpy:

Kreasadriii
06-21-2014, 02:00 PM

If kits cheaper, players who had lot of plat keep control the auction price on that energy elxiris.
Maybe there is another alternative, such as harder to find the portal than before and no need energy elixirs, also reduce the amount of prize about new arcane egg.
It still competitive event I thought.

Jenvy
06-21-2014, 08:40 PM
IMO, everyone will be happy with the event if they do two things:

1) Make S+S drop from Elondrian crates and change top 10 LB prizes to a really neat vanity.

2) Decrease energy regen down to 1 energy every hour or two (or better yet, 3 per hour). STS needs to keep in mind that the only truly successful energy games on the market (and there are so few) have extremely fast regen periods.

Crowsfoot
06-21-2014, 08:47 PM
IMO, everyone will be happy with the event if they do two things:

1) Make S+S drop from Elondrian crates and change top 10 LB prizes to a really neat vanity.

2) Decrease energy regen down to 1 energy every hour or two (or better yet, 3 per hour). STS needs to keep in mind that the only truly successful energy games on the market (and there are so few) have extremely fast regen periods.
1) keep as is. Adapt later on as needed. Take a tip from cooking "you can always add more, hard to take away."

2) 1 every hour sounds fair. But, may be best to meet somewhere in the middle of 8 and 1. STS needs to sell kits. And too much free energy leads to over harvesting.

yasshh
06-22-2014, 03:09 AM

We could run tarlok maps all day and loot breezaga but there were max of 10 in CS and costed around 1.5m or something and in goblin event the bes loot was Gyrm and it costed half its price... So the conclusion is "loot" can be controlled by various other methods other than energy balls. People here want satisfaction of playing something NEW as in tarlok event. The whole guild was hyper active. And things that can be purchased with tokens like prance is at decent price right now. So controlling prices is not a good reason to cover energy system. And also not to forget tarlok was a month long event.

Gensin
06-22-2014, 08:46 AM
yeah, the one i liked the most is the necropolis and the limae free entry in tarlok event.

Gensin
06-22-2014, 08:53 AM
I WOULD LOVE, to join events, That doesnt recquire too much plat and too much effort I sleep and I eat.
New suggestion if your going to make a plat spending event make plat prize 99 cents hahahha.

Gensin
06-22-2014, 08:54 AM
As of right now, all I care is that Shady and Surge must be lootable alternatively than the way it is now.

Yeah, they should make it droppable or something, NO PLATS included. Just for once.

Imjebus
06-22-2014, 10:01 AM
Wasn't there talk about weapons and armor also being released with this event or am I just going crazy? XD

I do like the energy system but I think s&s need to be in locked crates. Kind of like how whim was. Then the other 10 can be given out from the lb,