PDA

View Full Version : lending items idea

Bubblezzhd
06-21-2014, 06:46 AM
I'm not sure if this idea has come about or not before but I've seen a few runescape ideas come out

In the trade box I'd like there to be an option to lend an items to a player for a certain time limit
So say I wanted to lend out my arcane ring I could designate the amount of time it could be lent for and for a price if I chose too, this item that is lended cannot be modified (re gem) sold or even shown in a trade window with some one else

Means that while I'm sleeping a not so well geared player can borrow that item to perhaps run faster a faster elite or join in on pvp without the fear of being scammed and never seeing that item again

I think it's a win win idea for everyone

Look forward to hearing feedback bad and good
Thanks

ClumsyCactus
06-21-2014, 07:18 AM
This would help me, remove alot of scams, and yeah, overall be a great thing... But i dont think it will be implemented in AL.

Ennex
06-21-2014, 07:28 AM
Good ideaaa :D

Sent from my azz

Froxanthar
06-21-2014, 07:36 AM
Me think no. If the person got ban or the character got deleted(sabotage), STS wont return the item. Again, me think. Borrowing at your own risk.

Me Grimlock will save the universe!

Xeusx
06-21-2014, 08:26 AM
I see.
Well, trade is considered as final, and gift mean u choose to lend someone item ..

Hoardseeker
06-21-2014, 08:28 AM
Stay Tuned for the comment from hoardseeker.

Oh bro! I'm here !

Well, I support the idea, there are too many mechanism in making it , getting back the stuff would be little harder

Bubblezzhd
06-21-2014, 08:55 AM
Was thinking as soon as the time limit is up the items gets returned to inventory/ stash. If account is banned then the item would disappear. Accidental deletion of account is anyone actually that stupid?

Doomreaper
06-21-2014, 11:53 AM
+1 but unfortunately will probably never be implemented

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ArtofWar
06-21-2014, 01:57 PM
That would be great :D

Iliketolol
06-21-2014, 02:01 PM
+1 but as others said, it wont be implemented

Attack Dog
06-21-2014, 02:10 PM
I'm sorry, but -1 for stealing my idea. XD

Posted this a few months ago, it was passed over by STS apparently.

Visiting
06-21-2014, 03:43 PM
I'm sorry, but -1 for stealing my idea. XD

Posted this a few months ago, it was passed over by STS apparently.
He didn't "steal" your idea, he said he didn't know of the idea had been brought about :p, I'm all for it personally, but as most others have stated it almaot definetly won't be implemented :(

Energizeric
06-22-2014, 01:03 AM
+1 on this, but they have to make sure that if the borrower of the item is banned, then the item automatically is returned to the original owner. Limsy had this happen to her with an arcane ring.

Zeus
06-22-2014, 01:07 AM
I think a major reason this would not be implemented is that it would actually cut down on STG's own sales. Why have your own arcane weapon/item when you can just borrow somebody's while they sleep?

Daddyblu
06-22-2014, 04:49 AM
+1 but as others said, it wont be implemented

+1

but Lmao will spam you with LOL!

Filthyness
06-22-2014, 05:04 AM
I think a major reason this would not be implemented is that it would actually cut down on STG's own sales. Why have your own arcane weapon/item when you can just borrow somebody's while they sleep?

Well what about a lending capacity ? , EX(you can lend your items 5 times , and you can lend from someone 5 times )

Bunny♥
06-22-2014, 12:30 PM
Well what about a lending capacity ? , EX(you can lend your items 5 times , and you can lend from someone 5 times )

oh ya, this is smart idea.

-no
06-22-2014, 05:09 PM

I disagree. Most likely the ones doing the borrowing don't invest in the game heavily anyhow.

And to op, good idea. Would be cool to lend/borrow items safely.

FluffNStuff
06-22-2014, 05:20 PM

I am sure if they did implement sharing it would cost plat to do ...

As for a reason they would not implement it is it would say they encourage borrowing and some players may feel pressured to lend.

Blackair142
06-22-2014, 05:27 PM
Will the price of lending the item be decided by the lender or by the system? And what would be the price:lend gold ratio?

Bubblezzhd
06-22-2014, 06:15 PM
I'd say it would be decided on the lender can't put a price on it as nothing else has a fixed price

Farz
06-22-2014, 06:35 PM
Was thinking as soon as the time limit is up the items gets returned to inventory/ stash. If account is banned then the item would disappear. Accidental deletion of account is anyone actually that stupid?

There is a risk that hater of X make a new character,use some not very good equipment,be friend with X after some days,the hater will ask for borrowing an expensive items...,then the hater delete his character -,-". Maybe add,"you can't delete your character when borrowing an item."

Blackair142
06-22-2014, 07:10 PM
Sounds like a good suggestion in my opinion. Also, try dismissing the idea of "keep borrowing the item for said amount" Although I don't think this has been suggested it might later on. This may lead to people staying with the item for a huge amount of time while still not buying the item entirely.

Newcomx
06-23-2014, 03:52 AM
Just implement lease system =))

Jig
06-23-2014, 06:06 AM
I am sure if they did implement sharing it would cost plat to do ...

As for a reason they would not implement it is it would say they encourage borrowing and some players may feel pressured to lend.

Yep, if you really wanna borrow, making it plat purchasable isn't a bad idea I would support it, maybe like 50 plat? Less? This will make good sales for them. :)

Make a max limit of 30 mins, every once a week or fortnight, make it harsh, so you will still need to buy one.

If it is made to test out, have fun with it to see if you like it, then why not?

You know when you go buy a car, you go for a test drive to see how you like it, everyone does this... In game it can be done..

Why not? I cant see why not as its just like what I said about the car test ;)

Bubblezzhd
06-23-2014, 09:06 AM
Thanks guys for all the feedback nice to see support for the idea and all the ways you've improved on it
I do agree probably won't be implemented but you never know maybe one day