PDA

View Full Version : What are trade scams?

mightymynk
06-21-2014, 10:39 AM

What are trade scams? I cnt thnk of any situation can any one give any example of it. Thanks in advance :)

Milan Lame Man
06-21-2014, 11:27 AM
You can get some inspiration from this guide ;-)
http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?137292-Guide-Scams-Avoiding-Scams-and-What-to-do-if-You-are-Scammed

Blackair142
06-22-2014, 05:18 PM
Trade Scams.
Let's have this one for example:
Scammer: I'll buy your vanity for 90,000g.
Victim: Alright, that sounds good.
Scammer then places the 90k for the vanity but repeatedly cancels it due to lag, confirmation button, or accuses the victim of cancelling. About the third or fourth time the scammer continues to do that the victim is just desperate to finish the trade and does not notice the 90k has magically turned into 9k. That would be considered a trade scam. It has happened to many players before, including myself, so people should take BIG precautions when trading something of high value or anything for that matter. Please make sure that what the buyer/seller placed the said item in the trade window since that is why the double confirmation button is in place.

Attack Dog
06-22-2014, 05:21 PM
Well said

Amicusdei
06-22-2014, 06:59 PM
scammer calls out: trade lep for soandso weapon of effectiveness, lv xx.
you find said weapon in auction for 95k.
buy the weapon, trade for lep and you got a lep for 95k right?
no, he puts lep in trade window, sees the weapon you bought (from some other ign, his or his pal) and cancels trade, runs away, collects his gold from CS.
you have soandso weapon of effectiveness, lv xx which is worth exactly nothing, he has 95k.

i call out this scam every time i see it happening.

if its too good to be true, its a lie. run away.

Mitchiiee
06-22-2014, 07:27 PM
no, he puts lep in trade window, sees the weapon you bought (from some other ign, his or his pal) and cancels trade, runs away, collects his gold from CS.
you have soandso weapon of effectiveness, lv xx which is worth exactly nothing, he has 95k.

It happened to me before,but luckily i dont have 120k yet to buy the said armor in the cs.Next time if someone ask me to buy something in cs and trade for a higher item I'm going to report him/her.:mad:

mightymynk
06-22-2014, 10:49 PM
Trade Scams.
Let's have this one for example:
Scammer: I'll buy your vanity for 90,000g.
Victim: Alright, that sounds good.
Scammer then places the 90k for the vanity but repeatedly cancels it due to lag, confirmation button, or accuses the victim of cancelling. About the third or fourth time the scammer continues to do that the victim is just desperate to finish the trade and does not notice the 90k has magically turned into 9k. That would be considered a trade scam. It has happened to many players before, including myself, so people should take BIG precautions when trading something of high value or anything for that matter. Please make sure that what the buyer/seller placed the said item in the trade window since that is why the double confirmation button is in place.
ah i see :) thats a nice example thank you

mightymynk
06-22-2014, 11:05 PM

hi thank u fr reply bt i dnt see this scam is that simple and can we say that we hav been scammed as sts say that all trade are final in cs and non reversible. if we look closely here if we are in loss thats coz of the person greed. i never trade for any item like this which i dont have. altho i agree its nt correct way to earn money but i dont see it as direct scam [emoji53]

mightymynk
06-22-2014, 11:17 PM
By all your posts i also remember a new type of scam which i encountered many times in paradise pier. A person say of selling steel commando vest and when u ask price he will say a low price however not too low so that the victim detects something fishy bt arnd 300-400k less and of course people will wanna buy that and will be very excited of nice deal. Ok then at trade scammer puts vest and at second confirmation leaves then he says wait got another offer or gotta check auction(or something like that) and the victim will freak out of losing the deal and will want to complete deal fast and next time trading scammer put steel helm instead of vest which is very low value than vest and in excitement victim may complete trade. I have been tried to scam like this 2 times but both times I was alert thank god [emoji41]. I think this also will come under trade scam

Doomreaper
06-22-2014, 11:49 PM

This.

Roberto077
06-23-2014, 12:44 AM
It also ties in with selling accounts and guilds. Selling accounts also has to do with giving away information which makes account selling a bit more serious.

Goobat
06-23-2014, 06:04 AM
Yup this happend to me yesterday lost 2m and a savage buckler...