PDA

View Full Version : Hello new here and question

samusarann
06-21-2014, 02:02 PM
Hello all, I am new to the game, not new to RPGs at all, been playing for almost 30 years.

I am coming from another mobile mmo and I decided to start something new. I really enjoy this game so far, my ign is Samusarann.

I have a $20 google play card that I received as a gift, and I was wondering what would be the best way to sped this for a beginner? I just want to get a nice little head start so I can level up and gear up fast.

I stil do not know many thing about the game but am looking forward to finding out!

Thank for the help,

Samus

Attack Dog
06-21-2014, 02:19 PM
Buy a lep, then luck elixirs. Farm locks.

PS: I just made a new account, I'd be happy to level with you.

Doomreaper
06-21-2014, 02:21 PM
Buy one luck elixer
Farm lockeds at brackenridge(there are guides)
Sell lockeds and use some of that money to buy more elixers and farm more
Buy a lepre and farm without having to pay
Buy mythics
Start farming elites
Become super rich
Win the game

Also you can buy xp elixer and Lvl up fast in the tombs if you can find a good team

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hozukreti
06-21-2014, 02:22 PM
Go to guide section, there some kick start to study from experienced players. Btw, welcome to da club.

Crowsfoot
06-21-2014, 02:29 PM
You really don't need much starting out. Try to get a leprechaun amulet as soon as you can but try to prioritize pets.

Most low level legendary items are cheap and can be bought by doing the quests given to you.

You be able to access the auction house until you reach the "travelers outpost."

Definitely check out the guides subforum and your respective class' subforum.

obee
06-21-2014, 03:33 PM
Get a lep and some kits. Maybe an xp elixir. Check out class forums for builds

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk

aarrgggggg
06-21-2014, 04:20 PM
my advice is buy the bundle from the store that gives you the auction slots and the armor...... those auction slots will help u make money in game by selling the items u pick up along the way.
after that you can purchase more using story tokens...... also get a lep as soon as possible however do not waste your platinum on the lep pendant buy it in game with gold.

samusarann
06-21-2014, 04:53 PM
Ok so the consensus seems to be a leprachaun amulet and luck elixir. Are these both purchased in the store? Not sure how many gems ill get for $20 but will it cover what I need?

samusarann
06-21-2014, 04:54 PM
Buy one luck elixer
Farm lockeds at brackenridge(there are guides)
Sell lockeds and use some of that money to buy more elixers and farm more
Buy a lepre and farm without having to pay
Buy mythics
Start farming elites
Become super rich
Win the game

Also you can buy xp elixer and Lvl up fast in the tombs if you can find a good team

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Why would I pay to farm?

jiph
06-21-2014, 04:56 PM
Your gonna be spending a lot more than 20 dollars lol

Crowsfoot
06-21-2014, 04:57 PM
Ok so the consensus seems to be a leprachaun amulet and luck elixir. Are these both purchased in the store? Not sure how many gems ill get for $20 but will it cover what I need?
Don't buy luck lixes. Those are purchasable with gold (about 10k each) from the auction house in the form of kits.

I've never bought platinum (the real money exclusive currency) so I don't know how much $20 will get you. The leprechaun amulet is 150? plat. Again, this item can be bought from the auction house.

The best use of plat (in my opinion) is to wait for a "slag weekend" and buy a slag egg. He is one of the best mythic pets (so he grants the mythic achievement) and costs 250 platinum.

Reunegade
06-21-2014, 05:01 PM
Don't buy luck lixes. Those are purchasable with gold (about 10k each) from the auction house in the form of kits.

I've never bought platinum (the real money exclusive currency) so I don't know how much $20 will get you. The leprechaun amulet is 150? plat. Again, this item can be bought from the auction house.

The best use of plat (in my opinion) is to wait for a "slag weekend" and buy a slag egg. He is one of the best mythic pets (so he grants the mythic achievement) and costs 150 platinum.
250 platinum*

Don't take that in a harsh way, because it will be sort of misleading for the player as $20 will be able to buy something for 150 platinum, while 250 cannot. :)

Crowsfoot
06-21-2014, 05:03 PM
250 platinum*

Don't take that in a harsh way, because it will be sort of misleading for the player as $20 will be able to buy something for 150 platinum, while 250 cannot. :)
I don't buy plat so I don't know. Bought all my gear with gold. Which was 250, the lep or myth pet?

Reunegade
06-21-2014, 05:07 PM
I don't buy plat so I don't know. Bought all my gear with gold. Which was 250, the lep or myth pet?
Slag :) Sorry I didn't note that.

Crowsfoot
06-21-2014, 05:26 PM
Slag :) Sorry I didn't note that.
Lep is 150?

aarrgggggg
06-21-2014, 06:16 PM
jumpstart bundle or jungle guardian bundle is all u will need for a good start.

Crowsfoot
06-21-2014, 06:18 PM
That only lasts 5 levels and then the gear is outdated. Pets are permanent.

samusarann
06-21-2014, 06:21 PM

Ok cool which is better for rogue? Think im gonna go with a bundle after all.. why bundle only lasts 5 levels? The gear gets outdated that fast? Hmmmm

Crowsfoot
06-21-2014, 06:27 PM
Ok cool which is better for rogue? Think im gonna go with a bundle after all.. why bundle only lasts 5 levels? The gear gets outdated that fast? Hmmmm
Each expansion raises the level cap by 5 levels. The elite level gear is always much stronger than even a level lower.

Compare a level 12, 13, 14, and 15 version of the same item. The gap between 14 and 15 will be larger than that of 13 and 14 but the gap between 12 and 13 will be very similar.

PS: what level is your rogue?

aarrgggggg
06-21-2014, 06:50 PM
if you are worried about your gear becoming useless then get the jumpstart bundle instead... its the inventory slots and auction slots that you are after trust me. The inventory slots and more importantly the auction slots is what u will need to start making a sizeable income. Buy low sell high
thats the best advice i can give you. As far as pets go there are many great cheap pets that you can purchase with gold. Ribbit and ethyl are the first ones that pops to mind. Dirt cheap and extremely effective

Crowsfoot
06-21-2014, 08:18 PM
if you are worried about your gear becoming useless then get the jumpstart bundle instead... its the inventory slots and auction slots that you are after trust me. The inventory slots and more importantly the auction slots is what u will need to start making a sizeable income. Buy low sell high
thats the best advice i can give you. As far as pets go there are many great cheap pets that you can purchase with gold. Ribbit and ethyl are the first ones that pops to mind. Dirt cheap and extremely effective
Both of these are gainable with story tokens. Waste of plat IMO

Visiting
06-21-2014, 08:40 PM
With Your first plat purchase of $20 worth of plat, it will be 248 plat, now if the pet Abaddon was available ATM I'd say buy him, but as he isn't, I'd buy a 7 day xp lix and get a good party (Maybe shout out to the forums, always lots of people with alts needing lvl'd) and run wt4, but with that extra plat left over (184 exaclty) the other ideas stated above are all good ideas. Personally the "Jumpstart Bundle" is the wisest choice because the Inventory/Auction slots and gold granted with this set. If you purchase that you would have 148 plat left, so here's the decision, do a free plat offer (download an app or somesuch) and buy a Leprechaun Amulet for 150 plat (which grants Title/Banner and 10k gold if that's important in any way). OR use plat to buy more elixirs and potions to level up faster, and get to a level where farming is much easier/productive.

utpal
06-21-2014, 11:13 PM
I RECOMMEND you to enjoy the game and level up slowly. know the game and ur character. do the questline very attentively to know the story here in arlor. if u just do fast pace u will feel very lost and bored. this is ur first time here so just enjoy this AWESOME game.

Do bard quest daily to get story tokens and other dailies. buy only inventory slots with these tokens. u will need alot inventory in the long run.

after getting to lvl40 buy the bundle (I forgot the name) that. gives gold, inventory slots,auction slots and a set.

with that gold buy luck elixirs and farm locks in km3 (to go km3 u should do the questline very attentively) there u will also get nexus pet (very rare pet)
sell locks and nexus pet and then buy lep.
u can also use XP elixir to boost XP gain.

after getting to lvl41, u will have enough gold to buy magma set and join good elite guilds and start farming elites.
forgot about pets. dnt buy any pets that are purchaseble via plat except talon.
also buy ribbit, ethyl, Horton, cheap starter pet. for ROGUE.

P.S. Rogue class is very expensive to maintain.
u will need golds to buy HP and MP potions. and good gears to not get one shot.

Have a nice time in Arlor.
Goodluck

samusarann
06-22-2014, 01:47 AM
Thanks for the help all. One question though; I dont see a leprechaun pendant in the store, where do I find it to buy? I am currently lvl 8, and I need a better weapon so what bundle should I buy and also the lep pendant.

Thanks

Samus

Otahaanak
06-22-2014, 02:23 AM
If you plan to cap - don't waste alot of gold on items. A general rule is buy gear about every 5 levels so wait til u get to 10 before you spend your gold.

And as suggested don't use your plat to buy a weapon or armor bundle. You won't profit much when you sell it when it's no longer useful to you.

The Lep bundle is in the store. Just keep looking, you'll find it.

Zylx
06-22-2014, 02:39 AM
Welcome to the game! There ain't no space pirates here, but we need some suits from the chozo!

utpal
06-22-2014, 05:34 AM
Thanks for the help all. One question though; I dont see a leprechaun pendant in the store, where do I find it to buy? I am currently lvl 8, and I need a better weapon so what bundle should I buy and also the lep pendant.

Thanks

Samus

it's in the store. explore each and every tabs. don't leave any stone unturned