PDA

View Full Version : [Guide] Improving game speed/overall device speed on Apple devices.

Tehh
06-21-2014, 03:27 PM
Note: I decided to post this in the AL forums because many people experience device lag/screen lag with Arcane Legends due to the amount of chaos that goes on.

Screen lag/Device lag = lag thats is not coming from the server, but instead is coming from your device. Usually due to low RAM. Screen lag can also lead to connection interruptions and high ping.

1. Apps - Make sure you don't have pages and pages of apps on your iDevice, try to delete the apps you don't use. They just take up space and slow your device down.

Also, make sure you clear your background apps often, you can see your apps running in the background by double-clicking the home button.

2. Opening more space - Messages stack up over time if you don't delete them, make sure you clear all the conversations you don't need anymore.

Clearing your history also helps, if you've never cleared your history i suggest you do it in the safari app. In addition to clearing history in the safari app, you should go to Settings>Safari>Advanced> Website Data, all the information from your usage on websites is stored here, even if you cleared the history in the Safari application. Information piles up here, so make sure you clear it.

Pictures - clear pictures that are stored somewhere else, or pictures you just don't. Just remember, you cant get them back.

Voice memos and shows can also be deleted to clear space.

3. Restore - Are restores necessary? I, personally, have not reset my device to try to make it faster. I still manage to get it to run quickly by using a few operations apple has in their devices. I will test a restore in the near future and post my findings. (If you restore, remember to back up everything. Remember, something can go wrong and you may lose some apps, pictures or contacts.)

4.Reset your network settings - This can be found in Settings>General>Reset. Why reset network settings? Well, all the information from wifi networks you used is saved, and this will clear all the past information from wifi networks. This does mean all your past networks, and your current one, will require a passcode again. But it clear tons of space. In addition to that, it does what i like to call a soft restore, it "cleans" your device when it restarts. This helps even if you don't have many networks saved.

5. Turn off your device often - Simple enough, turn it off often. I usually turn it off when i go to sleep and turn it back on in the morning. The device gets damaged and slows if it stays on for weeks at a time. Not alot of damage, but the weeks add up.

6. Don't over charge your device - Don,t leave your device charging all night, you might notice in the morning its always hot and heated up, which damages your device. I have a habit of charging it overnight, but I try to charge it fully while i'm browsing before I fall asleep, and then I turn it off when I hit the sack.

Following these steps will make your device much faster and make AL much more playable. I was at the point where pulling up the keyboard made the app crash because it was so slow, now i can run elites pretty smoothly and never crash.

Do these once or twice a month and it should keep your device running fast! :)

( This guide will be updated with new information and finding when i test more strategies)

Tehh
06-21-2014, 03:28 PM
Reserved for Restore testing! :)

Solid
06-21-2014, 04:03 PM
Another solid way to speed up your device is to use PIXEL DOUBLE.

Tehh
06-21-2014, 04:12 PM
Another solid way to speed up your device is to use PIXEL DOUBLE.

Forgot to include that, thanks. I use pixel double.

Zeus
06-21-2014, 04:17 PM
You should also include a minimum RAM & GPU to play AL enjoyably. No, I'm not talking about what STG listed but I am talking about specs that would not want to make yourself throw your device at the wall or flip a table in anger. :)

Solid
06-21-2014, 04:20 PM
You should also include a minimum RAM & GPU to play AL enjoyable. No, I'm not talking about what STG listed but I am talking about specs that would not want to make yourself throw your device at the wall or flip a table in anger. :)

I play on a Nexus 7 and it runs the game fine, I usually restart my device once or twice a day if the frame rate drops.

I don't think think AL is a very demanding game in terms of RAM or GPU as I was able to play comfortably on a iPod touch...

Schnitzel
06-21-2014, 04:20 PM
You should also include a minimum RAM & GPU to play AL enjoyable. No, I'm not talking about what STG listed but I am talking about specs that would not want to make yourself throw your device at the wall or flip a table in anger. :)

I throw my phone at a wall all the time! :D

Back to topic, nice guide thanks!

Tehh
06-21-2014, 04:21 PM

Ill work on that, dont know how i would fix the RAM and GPU to test this though :/

jiph
06-21-2014, 04:52 PM
What's a IPhone ?

Zeus
06-21-2014, 05:00 PM
I play on a Nexus 7 and it runs the game fine, I usually restart my device once or twice a day if the frame rate drops.

I don't think think AL is a very demanding game in terms of RAM or GPU as I was able to play comfortably on a iPod touch...

It's not that demanding but iPod Touches should be able to play the game fine as their GPU is quite nice despite their RAM being on the low side for a mobile device. I know for certain android devices, all the particle effects and animations can be taxing in an elite run. I'm used to butter smooth gameplay so I usually am nit-picky about this sort of stuff.

Schnitzel
06-21-2014, 05:00 PM
What's a IPhone ?

Its a phone made by Apple Inc.
Its a Smartphone, it has a touch screen with a Home button at the bottom, a power button at the top, volume on the left

It runs on iOS

obee
06-21-2014, 06:08 PM
Yeah RAM is a big deal for games like these. Framerate lag can be annoying

Tehh
06-21-2014, 08:42 PM
Thanks for the sticky! :)

Hallweeen
07-17-2014, 02:00 PM
How about android phones? My android phones lags soo much. 24/7 i have an htc evo 4g

Blissfulgod
08-27-2014, 11:59 AM
Do you lagg at all in these places/situations:

Km3
Near vortex in gladiator arena
Pvp battles with 5+ people
Running Elites with large teams

That's when things get too laggy to be playable for me, but other than that I don't have lagg. I still use the first iPhone 4, so I'm wondering if those of you with the newer ones are better off.
Oh, I also close apps, delete history/texts and all that jazz.

Rvtz
09-09-2014, 08:10 AM
itz nice

Tehh
09-10-2014, 09:12 PM
Do you lagg at all in these places/situations:

Km3
Near vortex in gladiator arena
Pvp battles with 5+ people
Running Elites with large teams

That's when things get too laggy to be playable for me, but other than that I don't have lagg. I still use the first iPhone 4, so I'm wondering if those of you with the newer ones are better off.
Oh, I also close apps, delete history/texts and all that jazz.

Lagging in those places is very common, but theres not much to help there. It seems though it happens no matter what. You can upgrade your device as i did. I upgraded to an iphone 5s and it works almost flawlessly in those situations, but frame rate will still drop. But upgrading is not possible for many people. I still need to test the restore which i will soon do on my ipod 4g. Until then just turn off your device every day, clear history and follow instructions in the guide

infintysedge
01-09-2015, 01:42 AM
can anyone post a link or a how to do this pixel double thing

intizamfamily888
01-11-2015, 09:10 AM
Im using lg l9 with 1ghz dual core and 1gb of ram. I can still run smoothly and play pvp. But if i stay longer than 30min. in a pvp room it start to lag very much.

Bm4_le60
05-10-2015, 11:23 AM
Wow just turned on pixel double its really helping thanks so much

vortak
05-16-2015, 08:25 PM
nice info..lag can be a huge problem on older iPhone.

zauilet
08-07-2015, 08:24 AM
What is meant by pixel double? Its an app?or smthing else?

Wazakesy
08-07-2015, 03:08 PM
Its a setting in game.

TxTwist
12-13-2016, 05:58 AM
Yikes - I've smashed two iPads accidentally- had to buy a memory challenged new one - not happy, but can buy more memory allegedly.

deathghou
06-22-2020, 12:25 PM
thanks for sharing

Astronutz
07-06-2020, 11:13 AM
helped aloooot

Tillermade
09-17-2022, 12:42 PM
It fixed so much actually thank you

hqrdcqre
10-25-2022, 07:09 AM
helpful guide thx !

I know this will probably get lost in the comments but sometimes when I'm home alone I like to go out in my garden and cover myself with dirt and pretend I'm a carrot.
-hqrdcqre

KingPro
02-01-2023, 06:03 PM
Thanks You!

Wise
07-10-2023, 01:34 AM
Note: I decided to post this in the AL forums because many people experience device lag/screen lag with Arcane Legends due to the amount of chaos that goes on.

Screen lag/Device lag = lag thats is not coming from the server, but instead is coming from your device. Usually due to low RAM. Screen lag can also lead to connection interruptions and high ping.

1. Apps - Make sure you don't have pages and pages of apps on your iDevice, try to delete the apps you don't use. They just take up space and slow your device down.

Also, make sure you clear your background apps often, you can see your apps running in the background by double-clicking the home button.

2. Opening more space - Messages stack up over time if you don't delete them, make sure you clear all the conversations you don't need anymore.

Clearing your history also helps, if you've never cleared your history i suggest you do it in the safari app. In addition to clearing history in the safari app, you should go to Settings>Safari>Advanced> Website Data, all the information from your usage on websites is stored here, even if you cleared the history in the Safari application. Information piles up here, so make sure you clear it.

Pictures - clear pictures that are stored somewhere else, or pictures you just don't. Just remember, you cant get them back.

Voice memos and shows can also be deleted to clear space.

3. Restore - Are restores necessary? I, personally, have not reset my device to try to make it faster. I still manage to get it to run quickly by using a few operations apple has in their devices. I will test a restore in the near future and post my findings. (If you restore, remember to back up everything. Remember, something can go wrong and you may lose some apps, pictures or contacts.)

4.Reset your network settings - This can be found in Settings>General>Reset. Why reset network settings? Well, all the information from wifi networks you used is saved, and this will clear all the past information from wifi networks. This does mean all your past networks, and your current one, will require a passcode again. But it clear tons of space. In addition to that, it does what i like to call a soft restore, it "cleans" your device when it restarts. This helps even if you don't have many networks saved.

5. Turn off your device often - Simple enough, turn it off often. I usually turn it off when i go to sleep and turn it back on in the morning. The device gets damaged and slows if it stays on for weeks at a time. Not alot of damage, but the weeks add up.

6. Don't over charge your device - Don,t leave your device charging all night, you might notice in the morning its always hot and heated up, which damages your device. I have a habit of charging it overnight, but I try to charge it fully while i'm browsing before I fall asleep, and then I turn it off when I hit the sack.

Following these steps will make your device much faster and make AL much more playable. I was at the point where pulling up the keyboard made the app crash because it was so slow, now i can run elites pretty smoothly and never crash.

Do these once or twice a month and it should keep your device running fast! :)

( This guide will be updated with new information and finding when i test more strategies)Tyy

Sent from my CPH2179 using Tapatalk

Aligamer
07-24-2023, 03:07 PM
Really helpful, thank you