PDA

View Full Version : Save the game economy from disaster

baktus
01-04-2011, 02:19 AM
Why do L50 make low level games?

Rarely to help - far more often to get easy loot and sell them - thereby corrupting the game economy and making rare pinks less rare.

I suggest a loot system update, that (just like experience) prevents players of a higher level than the zone level, from getting any loot in this zone.

My suggestion might save the game economy and most importantly restore the joy of finding a super item - a key element in mmorpg's.

And it would leave the games with the nice high level gamers who actually are in the game to help the struggling players.

Summary: Change loot system to align with exp gain, so you only get loot in zones where you get experience.

ciss
01-04-2011, 06:32 AM
Great idea!!!! NOT

SuicideKings
01-04-2011, 06:50 AM
Rofl... Pass me the stuff you be smoking on mahn...

Lesrider
01-04-2011, 06:57 AM
Umm... Good luck finding anyone else to agree with you lol.

You do know that hundreds, if not thousands, of people were already lvl 50 before Wyldwood and the new Swamp town came out, right?

Lol this idea is just so laughable, I won't even bother saying anymore.

Beanmachine
01-04-2011, 07:22 AM
I would quit if this happened no offense

Lesrider
01-04-2011, 07:43 AM
I would quit if this happened no offense

As I'm sure countless others would, considering farming swamps is all most lvl 50s are doing these days, now that the lvl 50 items are all worthless.

Lesrider
01-04-2011, 07:45 AM
Not to mention that there is nothing preventing a lvl 50 from wearing lower level items (like a Vyxnar helm) if they so please.

And they're needed for dual-wielding as well.

I don't even know why I'm bothering arguing with such a ridiculously stupid suggestion.

Riccits
01-04-2011, 07:53 AM
Rofl... Pass me the stuff you be smoking on mahn...

i dunno what he smoke... but he should smoke lesser of that stuff...

Ayrilana
01-04-2011, 08:31 AM
You do realize that high-levels in ALL mmorpg's farm items in low-level areas if they have value?

BlasterBird
01-04-2011, 08:43 AM
To me, that will make even fewer high levels want to join low level games. If you want somebody to blame, blame all the level 10- people leeching drops/xp with 20 kills and 60 deaths.

baktus
01-04-2011, 10:10 AM
Fear. Fear of not being able to cheat your way to pinks is clouding your judgement.
Fear of having to make new chars to get low zone loots.

L50s looting in low level zones were not balanced according to the developers intention. That's why it's cheating.

Fear is a very natural feeling. But you cheaters should know that cheating never benefitted any game. When you grow up, you might understand why the grownups sometimes take away your candy and forces you not to cheat.

StompArtist
01-04-2011, 10:14 AM
Fear. Fear of not being able to cheat your way to pinks is clouding your judgement.

L50s looting in low level zones were not balanced according to the developers intention. That's why it's cheating.

Fear is a very natural feeling. But you cheaters should know that cheating never benefitted any game. When you grow up, you might understand why the grownups sometimes take away your candy and forces you not to cheat.

huh. It's a game. I keep seeing low levels complaining about high levels ruining the game and high levels complaining about low levels leaching. Just host your own game if you are so worried about what others do... All the safeguard against those evil "not your level" cheaters are there. As far as the in game economy goes it seems healthy to me (low level items being cheaper than high level and all). Personally I do not care who joins my games and will go out of my way to protect a lower level who is obviously working for the XP as hard as he can. Cheers.

Echelong
01-04-2011, 10:22 AM
First off don't talk about economy if you have no idea how an economy system works. What you propose is a stupid idea since when you need money after level 50 you will need to farm lower areas in order to make money to buy endgame gear. And this provides better prices for lower level players.

Lesrider
01-04-2011, 10:24 AM
Lol thanks for giving me my morning laugh to go with breakfast.

StompArtist
01-04-2011, 10:26 AM
Lol thanks for giving me my morning laugh to go with breakfast.

The devs say: no candies for YOU!

chrononh
01-04-2011, 11:06 AM
When you grow up, you might understand why the grownups sometimes take away your candy and forces you not to cheat.

And when you grow up, you can't wait to eat all the candy you want because your parents kept taking away the candy when you were a kid!

"Hello? Mom? Guess what? I'm eating candy! And it's before dinner!"

ProSophist
01-04-2011, 11:30 AM
Lmao and you expect level 20s to farm Vyxnaar?

Great idea.

And your analogy with candies was hysterical, not to mention stupid.

chrononh
01-04-2011, 11:52 AM

Not to mention Frozen Nightmares, which is supposed to be level 30 to 35, but consistently wipes out level 50s. lol

Arterra
01-04-2011, 11:58 AM
i wouldn't be surprised if they implemented that level-according players have better chances (if they dont already lol >.<), but to actually null out lv50 farmers??

so you want us to BUY a new char slot JUST for ONE AREA of the game? every time they make a new area?

Barbamitsos
01-04-2011, 12:04 PM
The devs say: no candies for YOU!

My new sig :)

FluffNStuff
01-04-2011, 12:12 PM
I for one would LOVE this idea. All oldies with stashes full of low level pinks would be instant Millionaires. Everyone else, well who cares about them!!! I'm Rich, **o***!

Lesrider
01-04-2011, 01:20 PM
Btw, I think this suggestion is quite possibly the worst I've ever seen on this forum. Andthere have been quite a few dumb ones, so that's saying a lot.

Think a bit more about your suggestions before you post them.

nazgulking
01-04-2011, 01:54 PM
Btw, I think this suggestion is quite possibly the worst I've ever seen on this forum. Andthere have been quite a few dumb ones, so that's saying a lot.

Think a bit more about your suggestions before you post them.

OMG! Chill dude! Just a No thanks, I don't like for these reasons.... is more than enough!

Lesrider
01-04-2011, 01:59 PM
Sorry, but if someone makes a suggestion that could single-handedly destroy the game, I feel the need to let them know.

nazgulking
01-04-2011, 02:02 PM
Ok, but there are thounsands of way of letting know your opinion to others without raging (unless they are insulting you), and I can tell by experience that doing nicely repays much more :)

Lesrider
01-04-2011, 02:06 PM
Um, I think his own candy analogy killed any chance of anyone treating this thread with respect lol.

nazgulking
01-04-2011, 02:18 PM
duh >_<

/10chars

superglut2
01-05-2011, 12:10 AM
That would mean even less stuff to do for 50s

Pharcyde
01-05-2011, 12:28 AM
Rarely to help - far more often to get easy loot and sell them - thereby corrupting the game economy and making rare pinks less rare.

Umm if lvl 50's didn't farm these items, then they would be ridiculously high in price. God knows how many people go to Vyx hoping for a drop, the helm is still 500-600k. Now imagine if only lvl 35's and lower could only get a vyxnaar helmet. The price on them would easily be 5 mil at least...

Lvl 50's actually save the economy, who else is gonna power farm all this stuff? Not you. The thing that is killing this economy is lack of variety and lack of updates. Gear is only worth anything really until everyone in the game gets the armor. Which is pretty easy since theres only 3 top armors that people have been aiming to obtain for several months now with no updates to the game really.

baktus
01-05-2011, 02:10 AM
You guys defending your candy is just not getting the wider picture.

Does "It's mine. My precious" ring a bell?

Maybe you should take a look at yourself, playing a L50 char in a L20 zone to get your trembling hands on the loot that you so desire..

Well the idea is out there - I have better things to do than trying to save you greedy little kids from stuffing yourself with candy.

Ayrilana
01-05-2011, 02:15 AM
nom nom nom

Bigsleazy
01-05-2011, 02:48 AM
You guys defending your candy is just not getting the wider picture.

Does "It's mine. My precious" ring a bell?

Maybe you should take a look at yourself, playing a L50 char in a L20 zone to get your trembling hands on the loot that you so desire..

Well the idea is out there - I have better things to do than trying to save you greedy little kids from stuffing yourself with candy.

Somebody is angry because they are poor *cough*

I'll support this idea when you farm me a vyx helm while being under level 27. Deal?

Riccits
01-05-2011, 02:51 AM

Chuck Norris do it all the time....!!

bladesword
01-05-2011, 04:28 AM
Economy? in the game general? arent you just.. wanting money?

Lesrider
01-05-2011, 04:33 AM
Somebody is angry because they are poor *cough*

I'll support this idea when you farm me a vyx helm while being under level 27. Deal?

Don't forge to mention that he can't be hanging out there with anyone who "doesn't belong." Has to loot it himself.

Yep, sounds like he's bitter because he can't make money and can't think of any possible way besides destroying the game for everyone else.

Eh, this joker's not worth any more of my time.

bladesword
01-05-2011, 04:37 AM
"Ill support this idea when you farm me a vyx helm while being under lv27. deal?" -Bigsleazy
Um why are we saying this idea will be revised by the devs in the first place?

Lesrider
01-05-2011, 04:40 AM
"Ill support this idea when you farm me a vyx helm while being under lv27. deal?" -Bigsleazy
Um why are we saying this idea will be revised by the devs in the first place?

Sleazy was just trying to point out the stupidity of this idea. The guy doesn't seem to get it.