PDA

View Full Version : Slag

Justfofun
06-22-2014, 07:16 PM
How much damage does Slags AA do and when will he come back? Sorry I'm new to AL and wanted to know.

Skaunared
06-22-2014, 10:16 PM
No damage

Blindness
06-24-2014, 12:11 PM
It does damage. But a very tiny damage. It is like single DoT damage. What makes this pet very popular is its panic ability. Everyone hopes that this beast will be back anytime soon. Well, you're not the one! xD

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bmooooo
06-26-2014, 03:35 PM
what dies dot means?

Back
06-26-2014, 04:08 PM
Damage over time.

KaKiT
06-26-2014, 06:38 PM
Is this pet good for a rogue? Can anyone make a ss of the AA?

Attack Dog
06-26-2014, 06:43 PM
Slags best for Mage, id say.

Crowsfoot
06-26-2014, 07:00 PM
what dies dot means?
DoT = Damage over time.

PS: who made your Sig?

Jack O Reaper
06-27-2014, 12:23 AM
DoT = Damage over time.

PS: who made your Sig?

What does PS means?

Azemen
06-27-2014, 12:54 AM
Post script

Dex Scene
06-27-2014, 01:47 AM
Its passive is decreasing enemies' movement speed by 30% and nerfing their armor

—AshDex

Crowsfoot
06-27-2014, 10:50 AM
What does PS means?

Post script
Post scriptum

​PS is a Latin abreviation tha translates, "After the writing." Itis commoly used to add a new thought or additional text after the main text has been written. The subjects of post scriptōs are rarely relevant to their message's main text.

Waheedski
06-27-2014, 11:30 AM
.......And you want to add anything after P.S there's P.P.S, P.S.S and even P.P.P.S, ok back to the scheduled program :)

~ Discendo discimus

Crowsfoot
06-27-2014, 12:11 PM
The periods in between the letters in PS are unnecessary since Latin doesn't have punctionation (or spacing for that matter). PS is considered an abbreviation, not an Acronym. Not important, just a note since you added the additional info

Waheedski
06-27-2014, 12:50 PM
The periods in between the letters in PS are unnecessary since Latin doesn't have punctionation (or spacing for that matter). PS is considered an abbreviation, not an Acronym. Not important, just a note since you added the additional info

Full stops between letters are probably unnecessary as it is Latin, but it is a common way of writing it, due to people reading it as an abbreviation of two Latin words. I'm so used to writing it like that :)

Even Wikipedia can't decide LOL

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Postscript

Some even add a colon on the end like P.S:

http://english.stackexchange.com/questions/19311/punctuation-after-p-s

Crowsfoot
06-27-2014, 02:27 PM
In all technicality it is PS

I usually use PS:

No periods just a colon. It was originally written POSTSCRIPTUM and that is a little hard to read. I kind of feel like spamming Latin phrases and quotes in proper Latin, all caps and no spaces. I mean, when in Rome ;)

ALEAIACTAESTINQUIT any guesses?

Dex Scene
06-27-2014, 02:52 PM
Wow its a forum about slag or PS

—AshDex

Waheedski
06-27-2014, 03:28 PM
In all technicality it is PS

I usually use PS:

No periods just a colon. It was originally written POSTSCRIPTUM and that is a little hard to read. I kind of feel like spamming Latin phrases and quotes in proper Latin, all caps and no spaces. I mean, when in Rome ;)

ALEAIACTAESTINQUIT any guesses?

Isn't that what Caeser quoted ? The die is cast ? But didn't he quote it in Greek and it got mistranslated, I can't quite remember.

P.S
Sorry for the derailment folks, kinda got carried away :)

Crowsfoot
06-27-2014, 03:55 PM
Livi quoting Caesar. Hence the use of "Inquit" which ha sno direct translation but implies a quote. The speaker is a substitive. Since the speaker's gender is undefined it is assumed to be Male . The translation is, "'The die is cast,' he said"

Caesar misquoted "The die has been cast." Caesar's version doesn't use the passive voice correctly and was therefore hard to translate. We know this is his exact quotation because it was written in a letter.

Good knowledge on your part. Have you done any academic studies on it or just outside research?

Waheedski
06-27-2014, 04:45 PM
Livi quoting Caesar. Hence the use of "Inquit" which ha sno direct translation but implies a quote. The speaker is a substitive. Since the speaker's gender is undefined it is assumed to be Male . The translation is, "'The die is cast,' he said"

Caesar misquoted "The die has been cast." Caesar's version doesn't use the passive voice correctly and was therefore hard to translate. We know this is his exact quotation because it was written in a letter.

Good knowledge on your part. Have you done any academic studies on it or just outside research?

First of all apologises to the OP and the community for this derailment.

I studied history of languages and the written word in my younger days, mostly dead languages. Latin was a fave, but never got the time to fully study it, I love Latin phrases so I easily remembered that. I like reading how people deciphered dead languages like hieroglyphics and Linear B. I am fascinated by Linear A, the Indus script (Mohenjo-Daro), Sumerian cuneiform, Rongo rongo glyphs, Phaistos disc and the like. This is why when I post about my adventures I invent words, mess with words and writing style so much, everything is game :) I'm a maverick!

At this moment I'm trying to find the time to be able to learn hieroglyphics and also become fluent in Arabic, Gujarati, Chinese. Fluent in English, Urdu and Punjabi, I just love languages.

I think this is becoming off-topic and in the corner of my eye, I'm seeing Arpluvial ready to pounce LOL

Waheedski
06-27-2014, 04:57 PM
Yes folks erm Slag is an awesome pet, dat panic doe. I don't own one yet :) but I've seen it in action and I like it. I'm trying to sell ripmaw egg then use some of that gold to get the slag egg. I doubt I'll sell it quick, I'm getting undercut in auction like crazy all the time.

Crowsfoot
06-27-2014, 06:26 PM
LOL! Nice recovery. Here, this may help with any decision making:

PS: interesting hobby. I have a similar interest in the evolution and creation of languages (primarily English) which led me to study Latin. It was also sold to me as a way to improve my performance in English classes (which were my weakest). Very interesting stuff.

I struggled to learn Latin so I don't tread far into other languages. I've tried a bit of Serbian and French but never caught the hang of either well enough to practically use it. Definently impressive that you study so much.

leoakre
06-27-2014, 06:30 PM
LOL! Nice recovery. Here, this may help with any decision making:

I wanna know who mrpurplepants is!

Crowsfoot
06-27-2014, 08:24 PM
I wanna know who mrpurplepants is!
Nexus, Ms. Nosey Pants

SacredKnight
06-28-2014, 01:52 AM
Ave Roma????

Azemen
06-28-2014, 03:05 AM
I'm going to be in high school this year, might as well chose Latin for my Foreign Language Elective. I love English and literature. The few bits of Latin I've read seem very intriguing to me. :)

Crowsfoot
06-28-2014, 01:26 PM
Ave Roma????
Rōmam*

Roma is in the Nominative rather than Accusative case. If you use Google translate it will put all nouns in the Nominative. Also, all vowels in the base of first declension words that translates as a city, state, or country have macrons.

I assume you meant "hail Rome." Sine you said it in Italian and ave is the same in Latin as it is in Italian besides the pronunciation and that it conjugates in Latin differently.

hinabutt
05-30-2018, 03:00 PM
First of all apologises to the OP and the community for this derailment.

I studied history of languages and the written word in my younger days, mostly dead languages. Latin was a fave, but never got the time to fully study it, I love Latin phrases so I easily remembered that. I like reading how people deciphered dead languages like hieroglyphics and Linear B. I am fascinated by Linear A, the Indus script (Mohenjo-Daro), Sumerian cuneiform, Rongo rongo glyphs, Phaistos disc and the like. This is why when I post about my adventures I invent words, mess with words and writing style so much, everything is game :) I'm a maverick!

At this moment I'm trying to find the time to be able to learn hieroglyphics and also become fluent in Arabic, Gujarati, Chinese. Fluent in English, Urdu and Punjabi, I just love languages.

I think this is becoming off-topic and in the corner of my eye, I'm seeing Arpluvial ready to pounce LOL

I am punjabi but I also speak Urdu and English :)