PDA

View Full Version : Plat to Gold?

samusarann
06-22-2014, 08:13 PM
Is there a way to buy something with plat thats for sale with gold? Such as in the AH? Or a way to convert plat to gold?

Thanks

Samus

Bubblezzhd
06-22-2014, 08:17 PM
Yeah you can either convert plat into gold
Buy elixirs sell them on
Buy vanities sell them on
Buy eggs sell them on (special weekends)

That's if I understood you correctly

Attack Dog
06-22-2014, 08:26 PM
I buy lep bundles, best deal.

Crowsfoot
06-22-2014, 09:03 PM
There is a function to convert plat straight to gold. But, your best bet is to buy leprechaun bundles and sell the amulet.

If you feel like gambling, open a few locks (best to wait for the event and use event locks). If you get lucky, you can make upwards of 90mil(extremely unlikely) if you are like 99.99999% of players you will get garbage. On you on whether you want to take the gamble or not.

Reunegade
06-22-2014, 09:07 PM
What crow said, except u should sell luck kits :) or farm locks with them.

Int
06-22-2014, 09:18 PM
Is there a way to buy something with plat thats for sale with gold? Such as in the AH? Or a way to convert plat to gold?

Thanks

Samus

If u have a Lvl 41 mage, get the 70 plat bundle, for 70 plat, not only do u get 25k gold, some inven and auctions slots and with pots, BUT you also get a tribal staff of force which is worth 220k in auction, that's more than a lep bundle which cost twice as many platinum

samusarann
06-22-2014, 10:01 PM
All I hear about is locks, locks, this is referring to locked chests I presume. Where do I get these locks? buy them in the store? where is the best place to farm them? Are they the locked silver chests? Are there other kinds besides silver?

Thanks

Crowsfoot
06-22-2014, 10:10 PM
All I hear about is locks, locks, this is referring to locked chests I presume. Where do I get these locks? buy them in the store? where is the best place to farm them? Are they the locked silver chests? Are there other kinds besides silver?

Thanks
"Locked Grand Crate of the Watch," more commonly known as a locked or crate (the plural is usually locks), is a chest that is legendary in rarity. A locked can drop from any mob or boss. Locks are commonly farmed from jarl (a miniboss in the "brankenridge-the brakenridge" map) and from the "kraken mines level 3" (commonly known as km3). Jarl is typically farmed by low levels, and km3 by end game (km3 is more difficult at low levels but has 3 bosses instead of 1).

Locks cost 15 platinum each to open. They drop legendary gear, gold, platinum, mythic gear, and arcane gear and eggs. The most common drops from locks are 2k gold and cheap legendaries (commonly known as pinks) which usually sell for under 1k each. Each locked gives you 3 drops. Thus, most locks will give you 6k gold in total.

The biggest draws to opening locks are the arcane items. Eggs are the cheapest arcane drop (with the exception of Samael who is the best pet in the game) and the "arcane shard" (commonly called a shard) is the most desired drop. A shard can be used to craft the retail ring (most call the arcane ring) which is valued at around 90mil gold.

Schnitzel
06-22-2014, 10:58 PM
In the CS window, if you click the "+" button to the left of your gold amount, it lets you convert plat to gold (25plat = 25000gold)

samusarann
06-23-2014, 12:57 AM
"Locked Grand Crate of the Watch," more commonly known as a locked or crate (the plural is usually locks), is a chest that is legendary in rarity. A locked can drop from any mob or boss. Locks are commonly farmed from jarl (a miniboss in the "brankenridge-the brakenridge" map) and from the "kraken mines level 3" (commonly known as km3). Jarl is typically farmed by low levels, and km3 by end game (km3 is more difficult at low levels but has 3 bosses instead of 1).

Locks cost 15 platinum each to open. They drop legendary gear, gold, platinum, mythic gear, and arcane gear and eggs. The most common drops from locks are 2k gold and cheap legendaries (commonly known as pinks) which usually sell for under 1k each. Each locked gives you 3 drops. Thus, most locks will give you 6k gold in total.

The biggest draws to opening locks are the arcane items. Eggs are the cheapest arcane drop (with the exception of Samael who is the best pet in the game) and the "arcane shard" (commonly called a shard) is the most desired drop. A shard can be used to craft the retail ring (most call the arcane ring) which is valued at around 90mil gold.

Thanks for this, it helps!

Crowsfoot
06-23-2014, 08:39 AM
In the CS window, if you click the "+" button to the left of your gold amount, it lets you convert plat to gold (25plat = 25000gold)

This function is also available in the plat store, near the top, where your current gold count us displayed.