PDA

View Full Version : Targeting system

StompArtist
01-04-2011, 11:05 AM
Sometimes the targeting system locks on a target you do not want (for example a chest in another room) and while this occurs the character walks past close enemies as if they did not exist. I would be great that taping the attack (auto) button would either cycle targets or go to the closest target instead of staying stuck on whatever it saw first.

Duke
01-04-2011, 12:39 PM
While a "cycle target" button (NOT the auto-attack button -- sometimes i want to stop attacking to let the tank regain aggro) would be nice, the work-around is to tap the target you do want, or tap yourself to clear the target and then let auto-attack pick up the (now) closest target.

StompArtist
01-04-2011, 02:18 PM
While a "cycle target" button (NOT the auto-attack button -- sometimes i want to stop attacking to let the tank regain aggro) would be nice, the work-around is to tap the target you do want, or tap yourself to clear the target and then let auto-attack pick up the (now) closest target.

Really? Thanks! After 3 characters at (almost) 50 I still find out about pretty basic stuff. LOL

KingFu
01-04-2011, 03:16 PM
Been suggested, but I feel it'd be too easy. Nothing passed hitting the auto button, buy a tank and damage pot, come back 5 min later and be at ol in ao3.....

Duke
01-05-2011, 07:32 AM
Been suggested, but I feel it'd be too easy. Nothing passed hitting the auto button, buy a tank and damage pot, come back 5 min later and be at ol in ao3.....

I think you read this wrong -- this is a manual "change target" suggestion, not an "automatically attack any enemy" suggestion. As I noted above, a new "cycle target" button to switch the active target could be useful, especially when there's a bit of a crowd, but as long as you don't fat-finger too much, you can always just tap-to-select the target already.