View Full Version : Economic Depression In Arcane Legends :(

Meemaw
06-23-2014, 09:26 PM
As many might know, Arcane Legends is at an Economic Depression.
What is an Economic Depression? you might ask...
Well... its when prices go all over the place, one day its 500k, then 10 minutes later its 2mil (just an example)

So. I've been trying to merch, but all my mojo is empty. I've helped many people with my guide... so.. I'm asking of you; the reader.

How are you dealing with this crisis, and any tips to help? :(

obee
06-23-2014, 09:27 PM
Well, I've started to play a new game xD

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk

Zeus
06-23-2014, 09:42 PM
You got depression slightly incorrect but my tip is to stay wealthy and always have a large surplus of gold so that the economy does not affect you negatively but only benefits you.

octavos
06-23-2014, 09:54 PM
I think getting the nice surplus 1st is the issue many face. Thanks to the 10mill vanity and arcane shards that make the best things really hard to get if you dont open chests.

Elites drop mostly mythic, locks have the arcanes and only playing for large amount of time to understand the economy can help. So what have i been doing...is horde event goodies.

Meemaw
06-23-2014, 10:01 PM
Well, I've started to play a new game xD

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk

Lmao XD Same, I'm playing Deadzone now :P

Crowsfoot
06-23-2014, 10:02 PM
Depression (in economic terms) is actually rather confusing/humorous. Its legitimate definition is "an extended recession." Sounds simple, so what is a recession? A recession is "an extended period of economic downturn." Therefore, an economic depression, to paraphrase, is 'an extended, extended period of economic downturn."

My favorite short saying on the subject is, "A recession is when your neighbor loses their job. A depression is when you lose your job!"

---

Neither are what you were trying to describe. AL is an extreme version of supply side economics. Now, now don't hate on Reagan yet. Because the wealthy aren't employing us, there is no real benefit to us when they loot an arcane shard. This is why you can't compare an MMO to the real world.

This isnt the only example of there being a distinct difference between the two. For example, PvP is frowned upon in the real world. Also, using a flaming sword to slay a dragon and/or vanquish your enemies is considered a sign of "anger issues." *Shrug* Some people just don't understand.

Meemaw
06-23-2014, 10:03 PM
You got depression slightly incorrect but my tip is to stay wealthy and always have a large surplus of gold so that the economy does not affect you negatively but only benefits you.

I know that, but what should I do as of now until the event starts, I want to have something to look forward to. should I just farm endlessly? :P

Zeus
06-23-2014, 10:12 PM
I know that, but what should I do as of now until the event starts, I want to have something to look forward to. should I just farm endlessly? :P

That's what I'm doing. It gives me something to do.

Try setting personal goals when you run like:

1. I won't die more than "x" amount of times in this run.
2. I won't use any enhancements apart from Luck.
3. I will complete "x" map in under "x" minutes.

Meemaw
06-23-2014, 10:15 PM

3. I will complete "x" map in under "x" minutes.

Its not that I have nothing to do though. I need a fast way of getting cash, but I'm afraid merching isn't an option at the moment. :/

Crowsfoot
06-23-2014, 10:16 PM

3. I will complete "y" map in under "z" minutes.
1. x = 0
2. Because I'm poor
3. y = every, z = 20 each

;)

Schnitzel
06-23-2014, 10:16 PM
How am i dealing with this?

It dont affect me much, ive always been poor :D

Crowsfoot
06-23-2014, 10:32 PM
I read this:

How am i dealing with this?

It dont affect me much, ive always been poor :D
But thought this:

utpal
06-23-2014, 10:40 PM
dude u r in early stage. farm elites hard.
Mali, Loki,kettle hunt. or u can even do hauntlet for eggs.
I started to gain money by doing hauntlets in season1.
Loki used to drop there.

then farming elites for malison eggs,kettle eggs.. now after season 3 I got around 2-3mil and I started doing merch. farming is bit costly and mostly I dnt gain profit.

its impossible for new ppl to merch. they only should farm eggs in hauntlets and easy elites.

Crowsfoot
06-23-2014, 10:44 PM
Loki used to drop there.

then farming elites for malison eggs,kettle eggs.. now after season 3 I got around 2-3mil and I started doing merch. farming is bit costly and mostly I dnt gain profit.

its impossible for new ppl to merch. they only should farm eggs in hauntlets and easy elites.
Many newer players join ER (not advocating the guild, just providing Ethos) and make their money off elite Tindirin. Yes, many newer people don't venture into the harder elites, but within a month they usually come around.

Meemaw
06-23-2014, 10:55 PM
Loki used to drop there.

Lmao. I'm not new. I easily make 100 - 300k a day if I do so. It's just I'm Layzi to run :P

Energizeric
06-23-2014, 11:16 PM
I don't see a depression at all happening. I just see a lot of players who do not understand the market very well.

If anything, it is a bit boring right now in the game with not a lot going on. That in itself would be ok, but since everyone has been told this new event is happening soon, and everyone knows new gear will be coming soon, most players are just in a holding pattern and saving their gold to see what is released. As a result, the economy freezes up for a while since nobody is buying much. We see this right before a new expansion is coming as well.

Truthfully, the only way to avoid this would be if STS was to keep their mouths shut about any future updates, expansions or events, and just surprise us when it happens. But since that would result in players getting bored and quitting the game, instead they like to keep us interested with previews of these updates. The negative consequence of this is the economy shutting down for a short while. But don't confuse that with a depression.

As soon as the event hits, everyone will start their normal spending again and things will be good.

utpal
06-23-2014, 11:23 PM
I agree 100% with energi.

and I was saying about mine how I made money. I m not putting much enthusiasm in AL farming or merching as I wasted alot time in farming and merching in PL and SL and both are on the way to extinct. I regret now. although I m poor in AL
I m very rich in PL and SL

that's y I dnt play AL seriously coz after a year it will share the same fate of PL and SL.

nelson131
06-23-2014, 11:23 PM
yeah...........bad side was a 3 month economic standstill before tindrin expansion...........

Newcomx
06-24-2014, 12:09 AM
Depression or deflation? because merch goods are really cheap now.... This is caused by early announcement of Ursoth Update, causing everybody save their gold for the next update.

-no
06-24-2014, 12:19 AM
Play other games

Wutzgood
06-24-2014, 12:52 AM
As a collector I look forward to this time of the season. I get to pick up the missing sets I need cheap.

Like energiz said tho it's just like before a new expansion where people are saving gold for new items. As soon as the event starts it will return to normal.

Kakatoa91
06-24-2014, 06:42 AM
Keep in mind that june is also a dead month most of time.
The majority of players are young ones. So coz of final exams, we have less people playing.
And we have world cup, winbledon, summer holidays coming,...

I dont feel any difficulties in my merch. Im flexible merch. Got long term and short term goodies in
stock. Still making my usual daily/weekly/monthly $.

Rare
06-24-2014, 07:02 AM
Truthfully, the only way to avoid this would be if STS was to keep their mouths shut about any future updates, expansions or events, and just surprise us when it happens. But since that would result in players getting bored and quitting the game, instead they like to keep us interested with previews of these updates. The negative consequence of this is the economy shutting down for a short while. But don't confuse that with a depression.

I just had an idea. To get people to start spending again, lets inject money into the economy. I say through locked crates. More money equals more spending. Right?

OtAtOtomustam
06-24-2014, 07:21 AM
Now is a good time to buy low also during the first few days of the event as most people will want new items and instant gratification they sell cheap to raise money quickly.

You could also look at investing story tokens, if you have them saved up, into creating an army of alts for the purpose of crafting elondria locked crates (If you have locks stockpiled). It will also give you additional storage to stock up on any limited event items. You could also use those alts to gem the new event items quickly.

If you have extra gold I would recommend purchasing items that appreciate in value. You can always sell them to get the gold back if you need to.

Meemaw
06-24-2014, 07:47 AM
Play other games

-.-

Meemaw
06-24-2014, 07:49 AM
I just had an idea. To get people to start spending again, lets inject money into the economy. I say through locked crates. More money equals more spending. Right?

I hope lockeds get new stuff in the future. 7k per locked is mortifying... >:/

Crowsfoot
06-24-2014, 08:23 AM
Compared to Shuyal the economics of AL have improved this season.

utpal
06-24-2014, 08:50 AM
Compared to Shuyal the economics of AL have improved this season.

shuyal economic got ruined coz of overfarming of tarlok gears through glitch.
and also tarlok set were OP legendary.

I already sold my magma will set in hope of that ursoth gears will have better stats then magma.

have u sold yours?

Rare
06-24-2014, 10:24 AM
shuyal economic got ruined coz of overfarming of tarlok gears through glitch.
and also tarlok set were OP legendary.

I already sold my magma will set in hope of that ursoth gears will have better stats then magma.

have u sold yours?

Shuyal farming was ruined by upgraded mythic