PDA

View Full Version : What is YOUR Favorite Device for AL?

Zeus
06-24-2014, 12:28 AM
The title says it all! I'm curious of all the gamers out there, what is your favorite device for AL? Y'all are also welcome to list your dream device as well!

Mine:
• 27" iMac due to screen real estate and resolution

My Dream Device:
• Alienware m18x due to the insane specs! Of course, they wouldn't be wasted on just AL..;)

tharidom
06-24-2014, 12:31 AM
My ipod it isnt the fastest but a pc/kb is to big to quickly reach out to all the buttons.(for me)

Zeus
06-24-2014, 12:35 AM
My ipod it isnt the fastest but a pc/kb is to big to quickly reach out to all the buttons.(for me)

I find that if you learn how to type on a keyboard efficiently, it's actually less stress on your fingers & joints as well as more efficient to play on a computer.

However, that's just me. When I was around 16, my preferred device was my iPhone. These days however, my thumbs are too big to hit the skills. :(

Xeusx
06-24-2014, 12:39 AM
Can I list my both favorite devices too? :D

PC/Computer (Second best for me because almost same with Ipad)
Ipad (This is the best device for me because I can act fast)

Zeus
06-24-2014, 12:42 AM
Can I list my both favorite devices too? :D

PC/Computer (Second best for me because almost same with Ipad)
Ipad (This is the best device for me because I can act fast)

Nice! Which computer?

I love playing on iPad too for elites but for PvP, I prefer computer due to instant reaction times for me.

Doomreaper
06-24-2014, 12:46 AM
Nuff said
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/06/24/aza6e9aq.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tharidom
06-24-2014, 12:48 AM
Lmao

Zeus
06-24-2014, 12:59 AM
Nuff said
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/06/24/aza6e9aq.jpg

Wew, AL plays in black and white? O_O

tharidom
06-24-2014, 01:01 AM
I can play it in negative (all colours turned around or smthn).

Zeus
06-24-2014, 01:20 AM
I can play it in negative (all colours turned around or smthn).

I've tried that before as well. The effects are actually pretty cool, lol.

Visiting
06-24-2014, 01:25 AM
My Kindle HDX is best for meh :3

yasshh
06-24-2014, 01:46 AM
AL system requirements are pretty low. It works great on any ordinary desktop/laptop. For best gaming experience Alienware is a beast but I definitely wont play AL on it :p

iPad in tabs/phones

Zylx
06-24-2014, 01:49 AM
Favorite device? Only device:

Some Huawei junk phone. Terrible lol.

My dream device: Galaxy S5 *-*

Zeus
06-24-2014, 01:58 AM
AL system requirements are pretty low. It works great on any ordinary desktop/laptop. For best gaming experience Alienware is a beast but I definitely wont play AL on it :p

iPad in tabs/phones

It does work great, but...if you want to push the resolution to full screen, you'll notice that those requirements are actually not "low" per say.

Of course, like you, I wouldn't be playing just AL on Alienware. Speaking of, I went for the 17". If I don't like it, I will go down to the 14" as I need something portable to carry between college classes. First time going back to Windows in years so we'll see how it goes!

Something important that people forget about is screen real estate. When the screen is large and has clarity, you can actually see a lot of visual mechanics that you previously could not on a mobile display. Some of the things that I am referring to is:

• electrical pulse of komodos (easy to see)
• arcane ring proc (super easy to see)
• names in clashes
• overlaying redzones

Take a look!:

Despite what people say..device matters A LOT! If you're failing in an area where others are seemingly doing the same task with ease, it may not be you but it may be your device & how well you play on it. I know when I switch to my tablet for PvP..I absolutely suck! I just don't have the reaction time required.

For those looking to purchase a new device to play on, make sure to try out a wide range of electronics even if something doesn't seem in your comfort zone. You never know what you may play better on.

gumball3000
06-24-2014, 02:18 AM
Alienware is just a laptop with pc components, its very bulky and it breaks so often you will be having it in service more than using it. Just look on youtube how maany complain about it. You are better off with a high end macbook or gaming laptop from other manufacturers.

SacredKnight
06-24-2014, 02:18 AM
Samsung Galaxy tablet 8.9''+
Would play it on my S4 but I find the screen to be too small.

Zeus
06-24-2014, 02:22 AM
Samsung Galaxy tablet 8.9''+
Would play it on my S4 but I find the screen to be too small.

Same here! I really cannot fathom how people manage on phones. To this day, it still boggles my mind. I'm ridiculously fast on my phone but I just cannot hit my skills due to my thumbs being too big. I always end up hitting the wrong ones like a noob, LOL!

@Ravenous
What other PC gaming laptop would you recommend? I don't want another Macbook because I am honestly sick of them. They've built them so thin that it's difficult for the GPU to get the cool air that it needs when under workload. So, I'm looking for laptops that do not have that problem.

P.S:
Yes, I make sure the vents are not blocked on those laptops. However, once the GPU warms up, both generations of my Macbook stutter in FPS. I really think it is an annoying design flaw that's counterproductive to the GPU power inside these laptops.

Bunny♥
06-24-2014, 02:23 AM

aww, im jelly :hopelessness:

Flamberge
06-24-2014, 02:26 AM
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/06/24/utyqeje6.jpg

Definitely not my favorite pc. Can't find Al here.

Titanfall
06-24-2014, 02:28 AM
I play on a Potato.
8GB ram 4.0GHZ Nvidea Geforce Potato Model

SacredKnight
06-24-2014, 02:34 AM
Same here! I really cannot fathom how people manage on phones. To this day, it still boggles my mind. I'm ridiculously fast on my phone but I just cannot hit my skills due to my thumbs being too big. I always end up hitting the wrong ones like a noob, LOL!

@Ravenous
What other PC gaming laptop would you recommend? I don't want another Macbook because I am honestly sick of them. They've built them so thin that it's difficult for the GPU to get the cool air that it needs when under workload. So, I'm looking for laptops that do not have that problem.

P.S:
Yes, I make sure the vents are not blocked on those laptops. However, once the GPU warms up, both generations of my Macbook stutter in FPS. I really think it is an annoying design flaw that's counterproductive to the GPU power inside these laptops.

I know, it is really perplexing when someone says " I play it on my phone" or "My Ipod is good for me". I just can't comprehend the issues they might encounter, it isn't for say the processing ability of the device ( my S4 actually has a higher processor then my tablet ), it's more or less the ability to see and understand the dynamics of the game on something so small...also it's a strain on ones eyes to stare at a screen for too long, especially one so small.

Zeus
06-24-2014, 02:34 AM
I play on a Potato.

Wew...OP OP OP!

If anyone has some gaming laptops that they use to play on highest settings, full screen that do not stutter and are able to handle other games as well as video processing, let me know! I'm currently in market for a new laptop due to GPU problems and keyboard failures of my Macbook Pro which is one of the reasons why I posted.

I'm not able to test in stores how well the laptop and it's components handle heat.

Titanfall
06-24-2014, 02:38 AM
I play on a Potato.

Wew...OP OP OP!

If anyone has some gaming laptops that they use to play on highest settings, full screen that do not stutter and are able to handle other games as well as video processing, let me know! I'm currently in market for a new laptop due to GPU problems and keyboard failures of my Macbook Pro which is one of the reasons why I posted.

I'm not able to test in stores how well the laptop and it's components handle heat.
You should get a custom built PC :)

Zeus
06-24-2014, 02:44 AM

I already have a fine desktop that meets my requirements for now although it is aging since I've had it since late 2009. However, it was maxed out at the time so the specs are still quite potent.

What I really am looking for is a laptop that can handle gaming (light to moderate) without overheating but at the same time be portable enough to not feel like I am lugging around a radiator on campus. So far, the Alienware 14" seems to fit that criteria. However, Ravenous states that they break down often. Since I am returning to PC laptops, I do want reliability as well. I don't want to dump money into a laptop that spends its time in the repair shop. What if I run out of warranty? Then I'm really in a deep ditch. :(

Do you have any recommendations?

Titanfall
06-24-2014, 02:45 AM
I play on a Potato.

Wew...OP OP OP!

My friend has a custom built PC that can run pretty much every game without FPS lag. Cost him about just under £1000

SacredKnight
06-24-2014, 02:48 AM
Origin EON17-SLX ?

Gensin
06-24-2014, 02:52 AM
It does work great, but...if you want to push the resolution to full screen, you'll notice that those requirements are actually not "low" per say.

Of course, like you, I wouldn't be playing just AL on Alienware. Speaking of, I went for the 17". If I don't like it, I will go down to the 14" as I need something portable to carry between college classes. First time going back to Windows in years so we'll see how it goes!

Something important that people forget about is screen real estate. When the screen is large and has clarity, you can actually see a lot of visual mechanics that you previously could not on a mobile display. Some of the things that I am referring to is:

• electrical pulse of komodos (easy to see)
• arcane ring proc (super easy to see)
• names in clashes
• overlaying redzones

Take a look!:

Despite what people say..device matters A LOT! If you're failing in an area where others are seemingly doing the same task with ease, it may not be you but it may be your device & how well you play on it. I know when I switch to my tablet for PvP..I absolutely suck! I just don't have the reaction time required.

For those looking to purchase a new device to play on, make sure to try out a wide range of electronics even if something doesn't seem in your comfort zone. You never know what you may play better on.

Thats definitely your new strategy for the ursoth event right there *points at the notebook on the right side* :3

Zeus
06-24-2014, 02:55 AM
Thats definitely your new strategy for the ursoth event right there *points at the notebook on the right side* :3

Lol, just some key points that I wanted to list for something completely unrelated to the game. If you look to the left though, that coffee mug will be my best friend for the event. :)

Zeus
06-24-2014, 02:57 AM
My friend has a custom built PC that can run pretty much every game without FPS lag. Cost him about just under £1000

I want portability, lol. The desktop is still fine for now. Plus, I really cannot be asked to learn how to build a PC currently. It is a project I hope to do sooner or later but just not at this point of time. :)

yasshh
06-24-2014, 03:00 AM
I already have a fine desktop that meets my requirements for now although it is aging since I've had it since late 2009. However, it was maxed out at the time so the specs are still quite potent.

What I really am looking for is a laptop that can handle gaming (light to moderate) without overheating but at the same time be portable enough to not feel like I am lugging around a radiator on campus. So far, the Alienware 14" seems to fit that criteria. However, Ravenous states that they break down often. Since I am returning to PC laptops, I do want reliability as well. I don't want to dump money into a laptop that spends its time in the repair shop. What if I run out of warranty? Then I'm really in a deep ditch. :(

Do you have any recommendations?

I dont exactly remember the model name but im buying one by Wednesday.
Its a Lenovo Intel core i7 4th gen, 2.4 Ghz turbo-boosts upto 3.6Ghz,8GB Ram, 780M 2GB graphic card. JBL front HQ sound speakers, 1TB HDD.
Pretty decent. 15", perfect for college.

Gensin
06-24-2014, 03:02 AM
That iPad on the upper left side is your twink map opener. Your shipment for your 5 days proven awake coffee mix, well be there tom.
*Achievement granted: Ready for battle.* lelz

SacredKnight
06-24-2014, 03:03 AM
Don't want to reiterate but.. Origin EON17-SLX?
Some Specs:
Processor: Intel Core i7-4930MX
Type of Computer: Gaming
Screen Size: 17.3 inches
Weight: 9.3 lb
RAM: 16 GB
Processor Speed: 3.9 GHz
Graphics Card: Nvidia GeForce GTX 780M

Zeus
06-24-2014, 03:48 AM
Its a Lenovo Intel core i7 4th gen, 2.4 Ghz turbo-boosts upto 3.6Ghz,8GB Ram, 780M 2GB graphic card. JBL front HQ sound speakers, 1TB HDD.

Would that be the Ideapad Y series by any chance? My dad currently has one but the screen quality and resolution seem terrible despite great specs.

Zeus
06-24-2014, 03:50 AM
Don't want to reiterate but.. Origin EON17-SLX?
Some Specs:
Processor: Intel Core i7-4930MX
Type of Computer: Gaming
Screen Size: 17.3 inches
Weight: 9.3 lb
RAM: 16 GB
Processor Speed: 3.9 GHz
Graphics Card: Nvidia GeForce GTX 780M

Whoops, I missed that. Sorry! I'll look at some videos for it later tomorrow. :)

yasshh
06-24-2014, 03:50 AM
Would that be the Ideapad Y series by any chance? My dad currently has one but the screen quality and resolution seem terrible despite great specs.

it has a 1080i full HD screen. I will check it. Going to store to book it today .

halcyon441
06-24-2014, 04:10 AM
is this like a show off thread? anyway i only have my laptop to play on because my phones screen is only 3 inches and my tablet is broken and it was banned anyway, my 550 dollar laptop does the job just fine :) if i ever get around to playing AL. Shadowgun Deadzone is my jam Atm :peach:

Mihu
06-24-2014, 04:32 AM
For me ipad 4 is best bcs
-big enough screen
-ping is better than on phone
-i have fast fingers:)

Newcomx
06-24-2014, 04:41 AM
I'm using Lenovo Y410P Laptop (14") and Lenovo S930 Phablet (6").

Coolskies
06-24-2014, 04:43 AM
Samsung Galaxy Note 3. :eagerness:

Eyrika
06-24-2014, 04:46 AM
Me i have no choice...can just use Sony Xperia J...it's not a awesome device but np i can play normaly

Newcomx
06-24-2014, 04:51 AM

Lenovo Ideapad Y510P, similar spec to my Lenovo Ideapad Y410P, different in screen size.

Iliketolol
06-24-2014, 04:57 AM
I have one the best gaming rig, but i prefer playing sts games on my Ipad air.. It just feels comfortable to me.. Ofc i dont play for hours so i my fingers dont pain by tapping screen.
So ipad air best for me:thumbup:

iluminatic
06-24-2014, 05:52 AM
Simply my xp play 8-)
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/06/24/e4a3equ9.jpg

Hoardseeker
06-24-2014, 06:40 AM
5" Micromax A116 Canvas 2
9" Micromax P650 Canvas tab

^My Dream devices too

Skeletonlord
06-24-2014, 06:49 AM
Well, I seem to prefer to use an iPad Mini, I'd find using a iPad too big because I have small fingers, but I dream to have a retina display iPad, which would make the game sharper and visually appealing.

To me, it doesn't really matter what device you have to play the game, as long as you can see the buttons and what to press.

JaytB
06-24-2014, 08:14 AM
iPad, cause I don't need macro's :p

Hectororius
06-24-2014, 08:23 AM
I started playing on my Note 2 and still prefer it over my Tab3 and Nexus7. The screen size is perfect for mobile games and its easy to play for hours on it and not get fatigued.

I'd love to try the Sony Xperia play though! that looks ideal, but maybe the specs are a bit old now (yes I'm a spec snob).

Solid
06-24-2014, 08:43 AM
Nexus 7

Gensin
06-24-2014, 08:47 AM
oh and btw, Dream device: Alienware or Razer.

Azepeiete
06-24-2014, 09:04 AM
Ipad 2. Buttons are just the right size and i can reach em all with minimal difficulty.

Solid
06-24-2014, 09:06 AM
Ipad 2. Buttons are just the right size and i can reach em all with minimal difficulty.

Bro you have hulk hands.

Robhawk
06-24-2014, 09:33 AM
Samsung Galaxy Mega 6.3

Zeus
06-24-2014, 10:05 AM
Bro you have hulk hands.

LOL!!!

Doomreaper
06-24-2014, 10:07 AM
Wew, AL plays in black and white? O_O

Actually it's more of a black and green, but I like it because I can also play snake and Tetris.

Zeus
06-24-2014, 10:08 AM
is this like a show off thread? anyway i only have my laptop to play on because my phones screen is only 3 inches and my tablet is broken and it was banned anyway, my 550 dollar laptop does the job just fine :) if i ever get around to playing AL. Shadowgun Deadzone is my jam Atm :peach:

Yes, a 5 year old desktop is exactly what you want to show off. :rolleyes:

Everything seems to be about wealth and jealousy with you. Why?

Capolista
06-24-2014, 10:11 AM
My 8" inches phablet works fine with me

Zeus
06-24-2014, 10:11 AM
it has a 1080i full HD screen. I will check it. Going to store to book it today .

Ah nice, you got the upgrade. My dad has the ~1300 by 768 screen, I think which is lame but it's easy on his old eyes. I'll try that laptop again with the set up you're talking about. I know that laptop runs pretty cool from my experience due to the large bottom vent. I have just yet to test it with a good screen resolution.

Jsuit
06-24-2014, 10:29 AM
I guys can use da computers n laptops but I'm fine with my 4inch phone O.o

Trenton
06-24-2014, 10:55 AM
My PC because I can see super good w/ it, has a huge screen @.@ And iPad Mini, its easier to play than my Galaxy S4 and its been my baby for over a year <3

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Zeus
06-24-2014, 11:04 AM
My PC because I can see super good w/ it, has a huge screen @.@ And iPad Mini, its easier to play than my Galaxy S4 and its been my baby for over a year <3

So your gaming preference is almost the same as mine. Nice!

Meemaw
06-24-2014, 11:07 AM
PC Master race.

Trenton
06-24-2014, 11:18 AM
So your gaming preference is almost the same as mine. Nice!
Sorta haha, and the PC is nice because it's the convenience of a PC, while if I get angry at my keyboard, can use it as a 21.5 Inch iPad :D

Picklee
06-24-2014, 11:22 AM
Ipad definitely

I love touch screens, never played on comp though

Tehh
06-24-2014, 11:31 AM
I like pc, due to the fact that theres never much screen lag. AL can run with almost all specs lol.

I agree with you about the alienware, i would like a true gaming laptop/pc one day to play bigger mmos (tera, diablo, PoE, etc)

Gragorak
06-24-2014, 12:24 PM
Nexus 7 (occasionally with mouse & keyboard).

Classychic
06-24-2014, 12:37 PM
I find the iPad2/air too big for my taste. Graphics are great, but darn it I can't reach my pots in elites! I love it for pvp though, I can actually target people and not just randomly shoot arrows. ;) I prefer the iPad mini I sometimes steal (borrow) for elites.

Kreasadriii
06-24-2014, 12:46 PM
Sony Xperia Mini ST15i, so small but very easy to play :D

Serenina
06-24-2014, 12:55 PM
I still prefer my Samsung Galaxy S3 mini over my laptop :D

Classychic
06-24-2014, 01:00 PM
I still prefer my Samsung Galaxy S3 mini over my laptop :D

But it's super tiiinyyyy!!!

Energizeric
06-24-2014, 02:30 PM
I find I do best on an iPad. I've tried playing on a PC, and maybe I'm doing something wrong, but I can't seem to get the character movement to be smooth when moving in a diagonal direction. Do you use some sort of gamepad? I've tried just using the keyboard and I always tend to have trouble getting exact movement in the direction I'm trying to go.

As for PvE, I find the iPad more difficult since I can't reach the potion buttons easy, so when doing elites I do better on an iPhone.

famousfame
06-24-2014, 02:39 PM
OPPO find 5, nexus 5, nexus 7 and Xoom 2 tab

sent from next door :p

Doomreaper
06-24-2014, 03:07 PM
I actually play on my iPhone while I wait for my battlefield matches to load :p

halcyon441
06-24-2014, 03:41 PM

Yes, a 5 year old desktop is exactly what you want to show off. :rolleyes:

Everything seems to be about wealth and jealousy with you. Why?
Nah nah u got me all wrong, plus I can't justify spend 2+ grand on a gaming PC
Also it bothers me when you always show off your cars and crap, we understand you're rich, you always did it in the PL forums too
#dirtpoorandproud

Gragorak
06-24-2014, 04:03 PM
As for PvE, I find the iPad more difficult since I can't reach the potion buttons easy, so when doing elites I do better on an iPhone.
Sounds like you could use a 7" tablet. They're small enough to make using all buttons easy, and big enough to keep playing enjoyable. They aren't that expensive either, you can get good Android tablet (~1.2 GHz dual core CPU & 1 GB RAM, more than enough for AL) for under 100$.

obee
06-24-2014, 04:29 PM
My MacBook Air refurbished. Just amazing

Thrindal
06-24-2014, 04:32 PM
Can't a mobile game just be a mobile game?

Nexus 7.

Zeus
06-24-2014, 04:45 PM
Can't a mobile game just be a mobile game?

Nexus 7.

It's a cross-platform game since the inception. Yes, most popular on mobile no doubt, but there are other ways to play it.

@Halc
That's a five year old desktop, I'm still not understanding how it's showing off? In computers, five years (4.5 to be exact) is ancient. It's nothing that is a substantial amount of money - at least not in this day and age. I'm a device freak and love technology. If people have fancier devices, why is that a problem? If somebody posts a custom gaming rig that they invested $10k USD into and want to show it off, who am I to tell them they're not allowed?

Do you go key people's cars just because they are more expensive and/or flashy than your own? If that's your mindset, then it's one that is still naive.

I repeat, in the world of computers, that computer is nothing to show off. I mentioned that screen real estate is why I love it. In terms of processing power and GPU, it is aging when compared with more modern choices.

Back on topic, checking out Ideapad Y later today with an upgraded screen. I'll let you know how I like it, Yash. If anything, the price point is attractive. :3

Zeus
06-24-2014, 04:50 PM
My MacBook Air refurbished. Just amazing

Wow, MBA's handle the game well? I know some people who play on it that complain it gets hot. I know on my MacBook, I already get overheating issues. MacBook Air is even thinner with even less room for hot air to escape...so that's surprising.

obee
06-24-2014, 04:59 PM
Wow, MBA's handle the game well? I know some people who play on it that complain it gets hot. I know on my MacBook, I already get overheating issues. MacBook Air is even thinner with even less room for hot air to escape...so that's surprising.
It does overheat that is a problem. Whenever I play I game it does that. But other than that it's great

Bless
06-24-2014, 07:26 PM
Oh my God, I suck at PC! I forget where the keys are most of the time lol..

On a phone (iPhone) the buttons are so tiny that I save myself of the embarrassment and don't pvp whilst on it.

I can play seamlessly on a tablet, with fast reaction times. Nexus 7 and Samsung Tablets work fine. iPads should work similarly well but not sure about lag and fps on it.

Zeus
06-24-2014, 07:28 PM
Oh my God, I suck at PC! I forget where the keys are most of the time lol..

On a phone (iPhone) the buttons are so tiny that I save myself of the embarrassment and don't pvp whilst on it.

I can play seamlessly on a tablet, with fast reaction times. Nexus 7 and Samsung Tablets work fine. iPads should work similarly well but not sure about lag and fps on it.

When I used to PvP, even if I was on iPhone, I would be foolish enough to enter PvP. Needless to say, it lead to me getting farmed quite harshly. #KDRREKT

Also, for your android devices, you don't ever get frame lag? I've noticed on all of my android devices, I get frame lag unless I die or restart the app which then it goes away.

As for PC, I know the keyboard like I know the back of my hand so way faster for me to play on there (excluding PL).

Newcomx
06-24-2014, 07:40 PM
I find I do best on an iPad. I've tried playing on a PC, and maybe I'm doing something wrong, but I can't seem to get the character movement to be smooth when moving in a diagonal direction. Do you use some sort of gamepad? I've tried just using the keyboard and I always tend to have trouble getting exact movement in the direction I'm trying to go.

I guess you play on your PC with your two hand on keyboard. Standard keyboard maybe only 3-5 multy key input. Gaming keyboard, with maybe 8-10 multy key input. Or using mouse to use skill.

Crowsfoot
06-24-2014, 07:48 PM
Nexus 7 gen.2

Zero lag until around 15min into an elite run. If you die the lag resets and it becomes glassy again. One problem is that I'm dying less so I have to use the teleport trick to fake die on longer maps like rockhorn.

Trenton
06-24-2014, 08:25 PM
When I used to PvP, even if I was on iPhone, I would be foolish enough to enter PvP. Needless to say, it lead to me getting farmed quite harshly. #KDRREKT

Also, for your android devices, you don't ever get frame lag? I've noticed on all of my android devices, I get frame lag unless I die or restart the app which then it goes away.

As for PC, I know the keyboard like I know the back of my hand so way faster for me to play on there (excluding PL). You shouldn't feel bad, PL is impossible to play on PC

Xenobiotic
06-24-2014, 09:19 PM
iPad Air doesn't lag for me. (Well, actually, none of my iPads lag)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Ishtmeet
06-25-2014, 03:58 AM
Laptop!

Sent from my Gpad_G1 using Tapatalk

nelson131
06-25-2014, 05:44 AM
ipad2...though it is soooo slow.

i use note2. right size. nice speed

nelson131
06-25-2014, 05:48 AM
@Halc
That's a five year old desktop, I'm still not understanding how it's showing off? In computers, five years (4.5 to be exact) is ancient. It's nothing that is a substantial amount of money - at least not in this day and age. I'm a device freak and love technology. If people have fancier devices, why is that a problem? If somebody posts a custom gaming rig that they invested $10k USD into and want to show it off, who am I to tell them they're not allowed?

then my 8 year laptop that cant even play AL is from dinosaur age :peach:

Cell
06-25-2014, 06:04 AM
Ipad mini retina is my fave XD not too big and not too small like a phone (which is like u experienced, my thumbs always goes into wrong skills, feels like nub :hopelessness:)

Zeus
06-25-2014, 06:26 AM
then my 8 year laptop that cant even play AL is from dinosaur age :peach:

They had laptops 8 years ago? Jk! ;)

leroycox77
06-25-2014, 06:29 AM
I play on laptop phone a samsaung tab

Sent from my SM-T210R using Tapatalk

Kershy
06-25-2014, 06:29 AM
i actually play on a PC and on my mini iPad but u rly rly want a iMac (the biggest and newest one xd) i rly want it!!!

utpal
06-25-2014, 06:50 AM
I play on Samsung galaxy y.

jiph
06-25-2014, 08:09 AM

Hectororius
06-25-2014, 08:21 AM
I think i might have to try a Samsung Mega, I really like the form factor that Samsung offers and i've found their touch screens to be most reliable when it comes to responsiveness. my Nexus7 tends to act up on me and its just about the worst thing to type on. Probably an issue with my particular nexus though.

Zeus
06-29-2014, 06:17 PM
I ended up going for a server/gaming rig hybrid, lol. I figured I'd knock out two devices in one.

Going to install Windows Server edition on it later...*excited*

afrobug
06-29-2014, 06:48 PM
I used to play AL on my nexus 4. But that phone overheats like crazy. Needless to say the phone gave up after 5 months. So now i play occasionally on my lg g2. Phone works for me because of its portability, you can easily sneak a few minutes in game when at work. When at home though i play on my nexus tab.

Shiro
06-29-2014, 07:13 PM
I play on Note 3, and sometimes iPhone 5. My iPhone lags and overheats fast so I settled down playing with just the Galaxy Note 3, so far, best gaming experience for me.

Zeus
06-29-2014, 07:21 PM
I play on Note 3, and sometimes iPhone 5. My iPhone lags and overheats fast so I settled down playing with just the Galaxy Note 3, so far, best gaming experience for me.

Nice! The one thing that I regret when going for this new desktop is not going for a UHD monitor. I'll probably succumb to it soon as my current monitor (1680 x 1050) resolution is just not cutting it for me. I tried plugging in my 1080p TV but the resolution on that is remarkably bad.

Since playing AL on computer is my preferred method, I'm trying to replicated the display quality of a mobile device coupled with the processing power of a desktop (for other activities). It's rather frustrating! Hoping to get it right soon. :)

Bilaxman
06-29-2014, 07:45 PM
I like using my iPad. The larger screen makes it easier to play IMO.

gumball3000
06-30-2014, 03:34 AM
I ended up going for a server/gaming rig hybrid, lol. I figured I'd knock out two devices in one.

You can hold 6 minecraft servers on it with 100 players each at any given time or you could hot a wow server with over 10000 people or 70 CS 1.6 servers with 32 players each.
If you have the bandwodith you can install linux on it and resell vpn accounts given that you have enough dedicated ips.

radagan
06-30-2014, 04:03 AM
I play with my phone usually cause I like to play with smaller,but I play with tablet too

SacredKnight
06-30-2014, 04:58 AM
But it's super tiiinyyyy!!!
Ever seen an Iphone?
If you have, then you know tiny...

SacredKnight
06-30-2014, 05:00 AM

Why are you searching up Ariana Grande?!?!

Hectororius
06-30-2014, 09:31 AM

Cuz he has awful taste in music.

Classychic
06-30-2014, 09:45 AM
Ever seen an Iphone?
If you have, then you know tiny...

I have both S3 mini and iphone. Yes, I know tiny! :)

Sent from this iPhone which seems stuck to my hands...

- Samdegreat
06-30-2014, 10:28 AM
iPad :)

With laptop it's heavier, also with iPad you can lie down and have it on your lap without being burned if you play over 2hours :p

Zeus
06-30-2014, 11:02 AM

It's the bing task bar, it automatically puts suggestions to search based on public popularity. Currently, it's at "Brad Pitt". I once had it stuck on Justin Beiber! :(

Zeus
06-30-2014, 11:04 AM
You can hold 6 minecraft servers on it with 100 players each at any given time or you could hot a wow server with over 10000 people or 70 CS 1.6 servers with 32 players each.
If you have the bandwodith you can install linux on it and resell vpn accounts given that you have enough dedicated ips.

Wow, some pretty powerful stuff there. I told myself I wouldn't be using it for much gaming though which is why I did not get a very high end GPU (apart from the cost). It's supposed to be for productivity!

zwapper
06-30-2014, 11:52 AM
laptop (with ps3 controller)
it is very easy to spam pots and very comfy while doing pvp.