PDA

View Full Version : Know thy self, know thy enemy. A thousand battles, a thousand victories.

Lovenus
01-04-2011, 04:10 PM
Hi everyone. My name is Lovenus. This title is quoted from Sun Tzu Art Of War.

I started this thread with the hope of helping everyone in Pocket Legends ( the best mobile MMORPG game ) and thus making your gameplay more enjoyable. This thread aims to help players to know their weakness / strength before fighting the enemy in game so as to reduce their death rate.

If you do notice, there is actually a circle beside the health bar of the enemy when you click on them before you even start to tap on the "Attack" button.

I will now list the colors and explain briefly about them.

**Please note that the pictures below are for information only and you might not see the same thing with the same enemy in game.**
YOUR LEVEL OR HIGHEST/TOTAL PARTY MEMBERS LEVELS WILL DETERMINE THE COLOR ICON BESIDE THE HEALTH BAR OF ENEMY!

From WEAKEST [ TOP ] to STRONGEST [ BOTTOM ]

http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f200/Lovenus-/Grey.jpg
Grey
Peanuts.
Whosyourdaddy.
Level difference between you and enemy : You [ 15 and above ]
Item drops : Normal level
Drop rate : Very low

http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f200/Lovenus-/Green.jpg
Green
Weak.
You can crush the enemy with one finger.
Level difference between you and enemy : You [ 12 ]
Drop rate : Low

http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f200/Lovenus-/Blue.jpg
Blue
Moderate.
You can eat while playing.
Level difference between you and enemy : You [ 10 ]
Drop rate : Decent

http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f200/Lovenus-/white.jpg
White
On par.
You need to keep both your fingers on your device.
Level difference between you and enemy : None [ 0 ]
Item drops : Same level
Drop rate: Above average

[/B]
http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f200/Lovenus-/Yellow.jpg
Yellow
Strong.
Turn on Sound in "Options".
Level difference between you and enemy : Enemy [ 2 ]
Item drops : Slightly higher level
Drop rate : Good

http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f200/Lovenus-/Red.jpg
Red
Insane.
Did you bring enough potions?
Level difference between you and enemy : Enemy [ 5 and above ]
Item drops : Higher level
Drop rate : Excellent

More information including hidden secrets like item rarity drop rate and item level drop rate will be updated as soon as I find out more about them. ( Completed )
Thanks.

Feel free to add "Lovenus' and drop me a PM in game if you have any questions.^^

These icons are not useless. They determine your survival, experience and item drop rate.

Choose to ignore and you shall not reap the fruits of wisdom.

Credits : Cabero ( For telling me about the icon thing )

Cabero
01-04-2011, 04:31 PM
Thought you were color blind? I must be worst than you because I didn't even know there was a green lol

TwinkTastical
01-04-2011, 04:32 PM
Those level ranges dont affect anyone, a lv 19 can solo an alien.

wenoandrewiscool
01-04-2011, 04:34 PM
@.@ nvr looked at those lol

Cabero
01-04-2011, 05:44 PM
Those level ranges dont affect anyone, a lv 19 can solo an alien.

Doesn't matter whether or not if you can solo them. That's not the point of the thread. The colors still affects the difficulty of a mob. It also effects the xp you will get too. Red gets you the most. Grey is no xp.

Physiologic
01-04-2011, 05:49 PM
While you're on the subject of colours, why don't you place together a small guide on coloured power orbs?

Red - attack x 2
Purple/Pink - ??? I think defense x 2?
Green - full health
Blue - full mana
Yellow - speed x 2

Arterra
01-04-2011, 05:55 PM
yep better to edit this in terms of xp. only real use of colors.

Snakespeare
01-04-2011, 06:09 PM
hi Lovenus, and gratz on your awesome k/d numbers.

A level 5 character in FH1 can get 24 kills in 4 minutes, and about 150 gold, with a chance of a pretty level 5 item. My level 5 has 3000 kills so far.

This is no risk. Only a total bafoon cqn die in FH1 with a level 5.

So turn of XP gain, and try to beat Lovenus.

Let's see. 100 kills every 15 minutes, 400 kills/hr., that's only 25 hours to get 10k kills.

Pharcyde
01-04-2011, 06:12 PM
that's only 25 hours to get 10k kills.

thats only a full day of your precious life gone too.

TwinkTastical
01-04-2011, 07:24 PM
Doesn't matter whether or not if you can solo them. That's not the point of the thread. The colors still affects the difficulty of a mob. It also effects the xp you will get too. Red gets you the most. Grey is no xp.

Difficulty???There is literally NO PVE which takes skill now.

KingFu
01-04-2011, 07:29 PM

Meh, clearing FN as a level 2 may take skill.....

BlueMagma
01-04-2011, 07:34 PM

Once lvl 50 Elite Dungeons come out, PvE won't be so easy, well, at least if you try to solo it lol.

giayuan
01-04-2011, 08:15 PM
? thought those meant xp.
When my friend messaged me that he couldnt get red xp anymore, he said its when circle is red..idk

Snakespeare
01-07-2011, 05:43 PM
It is actually called the threat level. Whether Twink finds it difficult or no, it still has to be called something.

The point is, Lovenus is hinting at how he got on the leaderboards. Twink only thinks it is easy because he can respawn, which is totally beside the point. Try it without dying, Twink.

KingFu
01-12-2011, 05:00 AM
While you're on the subject of colours, why don't you place together a small guide on coloured power orbs?

Red - attack x 2
Purple/Pink - ??? I think defense x 2?
Green - full health
Blue - full mana
Yellow - speed x 2

Purple orb is dodge, and a thread based on the orbs isn't needed IMO, since people in PVP usually know what the orb does.

KingFu
01-17-2011, 01:34 PM
It is actually called the threat level. Whether Twink finds it difficult or no, it still has to be called something.

The point is, Lovenus is hinting at how he got on the leaderboards. Twink only thinks it is easy because he can respawn, which is totally beside the point. Try it without dying, Twink.

Snake, you know I love ya (heaps homo:p) but my lvl 35 pure int Mage, tpaxx, has 0 deaths. I go into ao3 with him a kit. Soloed ao2 and 1 multiple times. Threat levels don't mean much.

Otukura
01-17-2011, 11:57 PM
Bring Up My Thread

Thought it was:
Bring Up My Post!

So it forms "BUMP!"

KingFu
01-18-2011, 01:06 AM
Thought it was:
Bring Up My Post!

So it forms "BUMP!"

I don't think bump stands for anything. I think it just means you're bumping it to the top....

KingFu
01-18-2011, 01:14 AM
Dude, it has a meaning. ^^ It means Bring Up My Post as that guy above said. However, this is a thread thats why I don't use BUMP.

A thread is still technically a post though;)

KingFu
01-18-2011, 01:17 AM
Yea. Agreed but I want to be different. Haha. I take that smile as a peace treaty.

Not a smile, a winkie ;) this is a smile ---> :) or this :D and yes :p

Lovenus
01-22-2011, 06:32 PM
Know thy self, know thy enemy. ^^

drewcapu
02-02-2011, 01:19 PM
Something your topic doesn't take into consideration:
When 3 or more (or was it 4 or more? I forget) L10s start DF1, the threat level is red until you kill 2. Then it turns yellow until you get to 14 (I think it was).

So threat level isn't necessarily just level difference since a party at the correct minimum level can see red TLs, temporarily.

I think the biggest misnomer about threat level is that it sounds like it determines how difficult the enemy is when, in fact, you can have different threat levels for enemies of the same difficulty, as stated above. That difficulty aspect really only applied to Winter Festival where the level of the enemies scaled on the fly. Otherwise, it wouldn't make sense for a dungeon to get "eaiser" as you progress.

All threat level really determines is XP and Drop Level.

Also, I think you need to clarify what your drop rate is actually signifying, if it's even something that can be seen through trials. It's not like red means you have an excellent chance of dropping a pink (or purple for that matter).

Otherwise, it looks like a pretty good introduction to threat level, something that the casual player probably would never think to notice.

Phoenixking
02-02-2011, 01:36 PM
Yea a mummy in ao3 has red keeper does too doesnt mean the mummy will kill me in 5 shots like keeper does but i know its for xp and sonetimes drop items

azulflame
05-05-2011, 05:44 PM
that's only 25 hours to get 10k kills.

thats only a full day of your precious life gone too.

That's a day you should skip PL and go back to 1st grade...

btw, 24 hours in a day

Suentous PO
07-11-2011, 04:05 PM
[ taking off 3d movie glasses ] "oOOOOOHHhh RIght....."

Phoenixking
07-24-2011, 08:33 PM
might be necro posting but i read an old thread from devs its actually one level difference white is the same level as you grey is 3 or less levels below you and red is 3 and more levels above you it affects your exp not the difficulty

Navygreen
08-16-2011, 06:05 AM
thanks everyone

Like-A-Boss
07-12-2012, 03:33 PM
thanks!

awesome4132
07-27-2012, 10:10 AM
WOW! never noticed that! im going to pl right away to check it out!:hypnotysed:Thanks a lot bro!

Z
05-14-2013, 06:38 PM
Ooops wrong post

Neffy
08-04-2013, 06:08 AM
I'm not quite sure if you're positive on what you're saying. Assuming you have the utmost best gear possible for your build and stats and also assuming you have a ton of potions and knowledge of the game, go ahead and get fully-prodded up and go solo each Blacksmoke Mountain run. Post a video with your proof of soloing each and I'll believe you once it happens.

The reason you have an easy time is because, I'm assuming, you're running with at least a sem-filled party and are experienced with it. Each toon is built differently and serves a different purpose. Nuke mages, support mages, str mages, dex mages, str bears, dex bears, warbears, int bears, hybrid bears, dex birds, warbirds, hybrid birds, etc, are all used for different things and depending on how your party is composed, determines how easy or difficult such a dungeon will be. Solo all of the BSM dungeons in a single go with any build you'd prefer with a fully-bought endgame set, perfect vanities, potions, and stat setup, and I'll believe there's no challenge in PL's PvE system. Go.

Whirlzap
08-04-2013, 12:47 PM
I'm not quite sure if you're positive on what you're saying. Assuming you have the utmost best gear possible for your build and stats and also assuming you have a ton of potions and knowledge of the game, go ahead and get fully-prodded up and go solo each Blacksmoke Mountain run. Post a video with your proof of soloing each and I'll believe you once it happens.

The reason you have an easy time is because, I'm assuming, you're running with at least a sem-filled party and are experienced with it. Each toon is built differently and serves a different purpose. Nuke mages, support mages, str mages, dex mages, str bears, dex bears, warbears, int bears, hybrid bears, dex birds, warbirds, hybrid birds, etc, are all used for different things and depending on how your party is composed, determines how easy or difficult such a dungeon will be. Solo all of the BSM dungeons in a single go with any build you'd prefer with a fully-bought endgame set, perfect vanities, potions, and stat setup, and I'll believe there's no challenge in PL's PvE system. Go.

Neffy, I think he means Thrasher elixirs...

Reunegade
08-04-2013, 08:51 PM

A lot has changed in 2 and a half years.

Extreme
08-04-2013, 09:44 PM
Are this Color thingy diff in XP?

Whirlzap
08-05-2013, 07:22 AM
Are this Color thingy diff in XP?
It's confirmed that threat level affects EXP gain.
That's why when you use Enable XP Elixir in Mega Maze, the enemies there still only give about .5/1 EXP per kill (instead of BSM where you would gain 1-2 EXP per kill), as they are way below your level.

rxtarpc
08-08-2013, 07:19 PM
Thank you, the circles were just brought to my attention & I was curious as to their meanings.