PDA

View Full Version : Sts how come you never address the plat problems

obee
06-24-2014, 09:15 PM
Pay to win has been an issue in AL for a while now but it hasn't even been attempted at being fixed. Why not?

Crowsfoot
06-24-2014, 09:39 PM
The recent changes actually have helped to fix this. Even those that didn't help greatly (notably dragkin teeth) did show a change in the old ways.

1) less legendary items drop from crates. Those that do are often too weak to be used in elite.
-Elite drop gear maintains value better.

2) Dragkin teeth require time investment and cannot be bypassed by buying plat.

3) Elixir kits (and as much as most forumers hate it, energy kits) offer a once plat only to any consumer by the use of gold.

4) The event system offer constant new items to farm. Additionally, it was announced that tokens will no longer be purchasable with plat. Again, time investment is required.
-This causes many wealthy players who once used plat to mass buy tokens and sell the good items early on to either wait to mercy off other players or invest time themselves. Many won't put in the time and thus prices will be higher.

5) all slot expansions (stash, inventory, auction house, and character) are available through story tokens now. This removes an inherent advantage plat players once had in hording items for investment.

---

Of course, many people will just rage about the energy system instead of counter analyzing their impact.

---

For those actually analyzing my post instead of hyper focusing on my energy kit comment and ignoring the 3 points that are not even closely connected to the energy system:

The one thing I would like to see implemented is a reassessment of elite golden chest drop rates. Some statistics should be collected on how many were opened, how many if each mythic and arcane item dropped from them, and then that information compared to the equivalent data in relation to locked crates. If the numbers seem unhealthy, one of the two should be considered in my opinion.

1) A rescaling of elite golden chests should be considered.
-Of course, STS must account for the higher opening rates of the chests after a buff in drop rates. We don't want mythic and arcane items to become glorified legendaries.
-of the two ideas here, this is my less favored since it still has a luck factor in drop rate.

2) An increase in elite golden chests in circulation. This is achievable in many ways.

a) Make the dragkin teeth to EGD exchange rate more reasonable to where the potential profit from doing that instead of saving for a dragnite bar is closer than as is, and thus tempting to players opening chests.
-I do, however, dislike this idea since it may encourage mass farming of regular wilds. This said, several players in game said they like this idea.

b) Add an EGD daily similar to that of "Juggernauts of Nordr."
-that quest is what helped me get where I am today, I think that it would help many of those deterred from current elites.

c) Simply increase drop rated from bosses.

---

Still on my list of desired story token (or even hauntlet coins. I'm pretty hard set on my desire for the lower hauntlet to be added :p) items:

1) respecs.

2) plat revives (never going to happen, but this is why it is a "desired" items list).

Crowsfoot
06-24-2014, 09:40 PM
Oh my, didn't realize I typed that much.

Fair warning: I didn't proof read.

obee
06-24-2014, 09:41 PM
The recent changes actually have helped to fix this. Even those that didn't help greatly (notably dragkin teeth) do show a change in the old ways.

1) less legendary items drop from crates. Those that do are often too weak to be used in elite.
-Elite drop gear maintains value better.

2) Dragkin teeth require time investment and cannot be bypassed by buying plat.

3) Elixir kits (and as much as most forumers hate it, energy kits) offer a once plat only to any consumer by the use of gold.

4) The event system offer constant new items to farm. Additionally, it was announced that tokens will no longer be purchasable with plat. Again, time investment is required.
-This causes many wealthy players who once used plat to mass buy tokens and sell the good items early on to either wait to mercy off other players or invest time themselves. Many won't put in the time and thus prices will be higher.

5) all slot expansions (stash, inventory, auction house, and character) are available through story tokens now. This removes an inherent advantage plat players once had in hording items for investment.

---

Of course, many people will just rage about the energy system instead of counter analyzing their impact.

---

For those actually analyzing my post instead of hyper focusing on my energy kit comment and ignoring the 3 points that are not even closely connected to the energy system:

The one thing I would like to see implemented is a reassessment of elite golden chest drop rates. Some statistics should be collected on how many were opened, how many if each mythic and arcane item dropped from them, and then that information compared to the equivalent data in relation to locked crates. If the numbers seem unhealthy, one of the two should be considered in my opinion.

1) A rescaling of elite golden chests should be considered.
-Of course, STS must account for the higher opening rates of the chests after a buff in drop rates. We don't want mythic and arcane items to become glorified legendaries.
-of the two ideas here, this is my less favored since it still has a luck factor in drop rate.

2) An increase in elite golden chests in circulation. This is achievable in many ways.

a) Make the dragkin teeth to EGD exchange rate more reasonable to where the potential profit from doing that instead of saving for a dragnite bar is closer than as is, and thus tempting to players opening chests.
-I do, however, dislike this idea since it may encourage mass farming of regular wilds. This said, several players in game said they like this idea.

b) Add an EGD daily similar to that of "Juggernauts of Nordr."
-that quest is what helped me get where I am today, I think that it would help many of those deterred from current elites.

c) Simply increase drop rated from bosses.

---

Still on my list of desired story token (or even hauntlet coins. I'm pretty hard set on my desire for the lower hauntlet being added :p) items:

1) respects

2) plat revives (never going to happen, but this is why it is a "desired" items list).

Well said

Dex Scene
06-25-2014, 10:23 AM
Crows does type with logic and points :) but yeah crows loves to type a lot :P

—AshDex

Crowsfoot
06-25-2014, 10:48 AM
Crows does type with logic and points :) but yeah crows loves to type a lot :P

—AshDex
*shrug* the majority of my clauses are required to make my point. The others are frivalous humor that prevents me from getting bored.

SacredKnight
06-26-2014, 04:05 AM
I agree, more elite based quests should be implemented. This would increase the amount of elites run and possible loot "looted", although this might create a flux of items it shouldn't affect the market too much.....especially if the quests are "mob" based and not "boss" based.
In turn, this should encourage more players to become end game...I don't want to sound like a ranter but I find that twinks/low level PvP's are sort of a waste of resources as one would never truly experience the joy of being a higher level ( That being said if the player has multiple toons, some higher end game then that would be alright in my opinion ).
Anywho... I would like to see a luck draw system or similar where players get a free chance once a day to "roll" for free loot such as gold, small increments of plat, tokens/hauntlet kits and or chests ( elite ).
Possibly the chance of extremely rare vanities which are not trade able until the season is over, which then would in turn take out the current "Jackpot'' vanity and replace it with a new one.