View Full Version : How difficult is it going to be to earn Dovabear?

Demonharphas
06-25-2014, 12:22 AM
So during the new event when we reach gold tier, we earn a quite good prize, a legendary pet that in my opinion is even better than Grimm, Scorch or Even Slag.
Is it going to be difficult to get to gold tier in this new event? Do you think we will have to spend a little gold to get to gold tier faster? If so, how much do you think we will have to spend? From his stats I think Dovabear costs around 1.5m, but he will be available to everyone that get to gold tier... So I don't know whether to spend on energy kits or just buy him later during the event...
Thanks in advance for your response! :)

Bless
06-25-2014, 12:36 AM
You can get to gold tier without spending any extra plat or gold.

What I wanna know is how many runs it would take to get enough points to reach gold tier.

Doomreaper
06-25-2014, 12:39 AM
You will need to use all three energy everyday for the full 3 weeks to get to gold tier for free

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Legallyblonde
06-25-2014, 12:44 AM
If its like goblin event it'll take around 3 days tops to get to gold tier. Also I doubt an awesome pet like dovabear would be in tradeable eggs. Probs unlocked in stable.

utpal
06-25-2014, 01:10 AM
regarding the vast option to get energy, to get gold tier u will not have to confine with only those 3free energy. u will have to do more hard work since this pet is tied with/stronger then mythic pets.

@legally blonde, it will be tradable.

SacredKnight
06-25-2014, 02:42 AM
So during the new event when we reach gold tier, we earn a quite good prize, a legendary pet that in my opinion is even better than Grimm, Scorch or Even Slag.
Is it going to be difficult to get to gold tier in this new event? Do you think we will have to spend a little gold to get to gold tier faster? If so, how much do you think we will have to spend? From his stats I think Dovabear costs around 1.5m, but he will be available to everyone that get to gold tier... So I don't know whether to spend on energy kits or just buy him later during the event...
Thanks in advance for your response! :)

To be honest, Dovabear was implemented really to avoid all those comments saying only platters get good rewards in my opinion...
But on another note, DovaBear is not as a good as any of the mythic pets ( except maybe ripmaw...lol ). His AA is essentially, damage with a chance to stun. He as a good stat bonus but there isn't any Crit or Dodge or even speed added. Grimm has a awesome AA, essentially debuffing enemies and having a chance to kill them (very useful), Slag creates stun/panic and Scorch has a shield which can save your life in elite ( just need to level him up ).
It really depends on your luck if your not a platter or have small amounts of gold, whether you get the "energy essence" more often or not.
Personally, for me, if I get to gold I would sell this egg rather then keep it....

Unless there is a secret hidden ability...an ability only from those who are dragon born...

There's one they fear....and his name...is Dovakiin....

FUS RO DAH!!!

;3

Xeusx
06-25-2014, 03:10 AM
To be honest, Dovabear was implemented really to avoid all those comments saying only platters get good rewards in my opinion...
But on another note, DovaBear is not as a good as any of the mythic pets ( except maybe ripmaw...lol ). His AA is essentially, damage with a chance to stun. He as a good stat bonus but there isn't any Crit or Dodge or even speed added. Grimm has a awesome AA, essentially debuffing enemies and having a chance to kill them (very useful), Slag creates stun/panic and Scorch has a shield which can save your life in elite ( just need to level him up ).
It really depends on your luck if your not a platter or have small amounts of gold, whether you get the "energy essence" more often or not.
Personally, for me, if I get to gold I would sell this egg rather then keep it....

Unless there is a secret hidden ability...an ability only from those who are dragon born...

FUS RO DAH!!!

;3
There is some mythic pets that are really outdated because of our level/stats.
So Im sure Dovabear is the updated legendary pet, from the outdated pet to the updated pet.

Mihu
06-25-2014, 03:19 AM

FUS RO DAH!!!

;3
Dovabear is better than slag.. Compare stats

Ishtmeet
06-25-2014, 03:26 AM

FUS RO DAH!!!

;3

Dovabear is better than slag, grimm, or abaddon. You know why? Passive and arcane abilities are not everything. The main stats play crucial role as well. That 500+ hp boost for warriors will be awesome. And you said scorch shield protects in elite, lol ever run elite tindrin with it, its a useless pet there.

On topic: Yes, imo it'll take about 2 weeks without spending energy to reach the gold tier.

Sent from my Gpad_G1 using Tapatalk

SacredKnight
06-25-2014, 05:08 AM
Dovabear is better than slag, grimm, or abaddon. You know why? Passive and arcane abilities are not everything. The main stats play crucial role as well. That 500+ hp boost for warriors will be awesome. And you said scorch shield protects in elite, lol ever run elite tindrin with it, its a useless pet there.

On topic: Yes, imo it'll take about 2 weeks without spending energy to reach the gold tier.

Sent from my Gpad_G1 using Tapatalk

If you use the shield wisely it can save your life, also it's great for other elites. Also, stats aren't everything a pets AA and passive really define it's combat usefulness. Will people stop using Samuel because it doesn't have as high of a stat bonus? No, because Samuel is awesome and has a great AA and a even more useful healing passive combat effect.

@Zeusblade, to be honest I find the colour just to define it's rarity or price.
I personally find that a larger variation of bonuses rather then just basic stats are good. That being said the AA really defines a pets usefulness, a pet is a companion which helps you fight, it's AA is it's special skill when used wisely can turn the tides.

utpal
06-25-2014, 05:18 AM
lol@sacredknight

FluffNStuff
06-25-2014, 09:06 AM
Only issue is he is a pet released later in game and recently they have made it so these pets don't have their passive ability done cooking until higher level. Scorch for example is still single target at 26 whereas he would have had full ability at 15 if he was released earlier. This could be a problem for twinks.

ALlIsWell
06-25-2014, 09:30 AM
It will be in plat users inventory for sure.

Attack Dog
06-25-2014, 09:35 AM
^^^

matanofx
06-25-2014, 09:52 AM
If its like goblin event it'll take around 3 days tops to get to gold tier. Also I doubt an awesome pet like dovabear would be in tradeable eggs. Probs unlocked in stable.

Read this again http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?160370-An-Explanation-of-Tiers-Leaderboards-and-the-Energy-System-During-Ursoth-s-Assault

The Dovabear eggs we get will be tradeable

Riptank
06-25-2014, 02:16 PM
For twink perspective, based on his stat and AA imo dovabear is better than mythic pet. There are only things that bothered me with his Arcane ability:

1. How massive is the damage and the percent chance to terrify
2. How long is the cool down time (This become vital now since we can't pet spam/switch pet)

nelson131
06-26-2014, 12:51 AM
very hard

Madnex
06-26-2014, 06:22 AM
If it's that hard for someone, he can just wait until third week and buy it off auction for 500k or so. A lot of people are just going to make or use alts to farm that egg and sell it.

alexdroog
06-26-2014, 07:03 AM
My guess is that it gonna be more time consuming than prance.
Probably 3 runs a day for 21 days