PDA

View Full Version : Problem with giving S&S to leaderboard

Picklee
06-25-2014, 08:48 AM
Ok lets be honest, we know that the leaderboards of this event are either FILTHY rich or FILTHY rich with plat. These people do deserve a reward but not something that they will just sell for MORE gold. It just doesnt seem fare :/ maybe it's just me but I feel like they dont need the money, like they literally already have everything they wants/need.

Maybe you should give out shady and surge for like 5,000 tokens, or anyone that reaches a certain goal, like tiers but way harder. Like anyone that reaches 10,000 points get him. So people that really want it, will obtain him, have time and won't be rushed. Yes this will make him less rare and all but at least more people will have the pleasure of obtaining an arcane item, much less pet!

Think, half the people that make the leaderboards will open this pet, that leaves like 15 left, so 50-60m for the price. Then people with a lot of money will buy and open. That will leave like 5 left in the game just floating around. Give it a week and they will all be gone. Then think, those players that have him and quite, soon he will be out of existence >_<

I understand it, but it doesn't seem too appealing. Maybe for one time we can have the hard workers, without a lot of gold or plat obtain an arcane pet. Because if you don't make leaderboard, then you prob won't get this pet. Unless your someone like Zeus and has muchh money to burn :) for 50-60m :livid: any way thanks for reading :banana:

Hoardseeker
06-25-2014, 08:51 AM
I complete agree only with LB Rewards, it MUST be Removed

Crowsfoot
06-25-2014, 08:58 AM
Because the locked lottery system was better? The current system rewards time investment. Ifa top gear player runs 5 hours a day and an average gear player runs 7 hours a day, I would expect the average geared player to win.

Anarchist
06-25-2014, 09:00 AM
Why i don't want LB rewards?
Beause i don't have neither the gold nor the plat to win it.
If i had enough gold and plat?
I would never waste them on such a lame trap that wants me to spend and spendalot in order to win.

Who wants Lb rewards?
The people that have enough income to finance such a tough competition and value exclusivity over their lives.
How many are they?
Few.
How many are we?
Many!
So why does LB remain?
Cause sts knows it makes the players buy plat faster than lil kids buy icecreams during summertime
What do we do?
Play the game and enjoy the other content the developers wisely provided to compensate this money drinker system.

Lets earn ourselves a Dovabear! Its free right?

EDIT:
For me though as long as there is a good, old, reliable, simple, friendly, delphina style random number generator contest i see no problem with the LB rewards.

X carrots to keep the rich spending , One carrot to keep the poor silent and everybody goes home happy. :)

Crowsfoot
06-25-2014, 09:03 AM
I would never waste them on such a lame trap that wants me to spend and spendalot in order to win.

Who wants Lb rewards?
The people that have enough income to finance such a tough competition and value exclusivity over their lives.
How many are they?
Few.
How many are we?
Many!
So why does LB remain?
Cause sts knows it makes the players buy plat faster than lil kids during summertime
What do we do?
Play the game and enjoy the other content the developers wisely provided to compensate this money drinker system.

Rather rude, and inaccurate. I have never spent money to buy plat, yet I am going to try fir at least the top 50. Additionally, many people can quote me on putting real life first. Try not to over generalize just because you are upset.

Anarchist
06-25-2014, 09:05 AM
Rather rude, and inaccurate. I have never spent money to buy plat, yet I am going to try fir at least the top 50.

Ingame income Crow, plat/gold.
More importantly can you tell me where the rng contests are? I would like to partecipate in one.

Picklee
06-25-2014, 09:10 AM
I complete agree only with LB Rewards, it MUST be Removed

Ik! I dont understand

utpal
06-25-2014, 09:16 AM
m sick of these types of posts and threads . (-.-)

tharidom
06-25-2014, 09:18 AM
Crow the problem for the average gear player simply is that they don't have the plat nor the gold for all the energy and most of them also don't have the time.(people like me, I do have time since it's almost vacation but with 830k I will hold out for 1 day:/).

tharidom
06-25-2014, 09:21 AM
I do agree though that the players who spend a lot on it should get smthn good, but also do a fun contest for everyone (looking like the become a myth contest) where you can win a new myth weap for your class.

Ishtmeet
06-25-2014, 09:22 AM
These threads are lame and have no point. Why are you complaining that rich will win? Ofc it will take a lot if gold but don't forget there will be good drops from the bosses that if sold, will keep u running maybe endless. Arcane pets are rare and I don't disagree that they should be for those 30 in lbs. Why are you guys saying its a bad idea to make it a LB pet? The one who works hard deserves this pet. And you're saying, many will open. There are lot of other arcane pets, and the one who gets shady and surge during the contest will sell that for sure.
Why don't you go farm and earn some money to try to win this pet?

Sent from my Gpad_G1 using Tapatalk

Crowsfoot
06-25-2014, 09:29 AM
*head ache*

So when rewards were all based on luck we complained about the rich having an u fair advantage by having mire spins of the wheel.

Now it is based on time investment and we complain that the rich have an advantage by getting energy faster. STS has already increased the rate free energy is gainable.

Pick your lesser if two evils I would much prefer a time in estment system. The lottery system meant that even with hours if game play, years if playing you could still remain flat broke while a player who spent two days could open a single locked and make it big.

---

If you need gold, farm it. I know many wealthy players that farmed there worth. It is doable.

---

Everyone seems to want an "even" system. Everyone gets an "even chance." If everyone had the dame chance and it was merely a choice of half the people tried and half took a map, Sns wouldn't be arcane.

They aren't even that great if a pet in all honesty. Do they look cool? Yeah, but that's about it.

Zeus
06-25-2014, 09:34 AM
Truth be told, everybody just thinks they want an easy way to earn items - including myself. However, once we have an easy way to earn items then we will complain about boredom and how the game doesn't provide enough of a challenge. Funny how that works out, right? Arcane items are not easy to obtain. Before, they were for those who were willing to put in the money into crates & now, one of them is for those who are willing to put in the extreme time investment needed. I'm not saying that I don't think 3 weeks of invested time is ridiculous - it is. However, it is the price to pay if you want an equally ridiculous pet.

leoakre
06-25-2014, 09:34 AM

Who wants Lb rewards?
How many are they?
Few.
How many are we?
Many!
So why does LB remain?
Cause sts knows it makes the players buy plat faster than lil kids during summertime
What do we do?

Btw where did those awesome random number generator contests end up??

Terribly rude since the leveling up contest is the only thing I have ever won here in AL and I am not rich & do not have millions upon millions of gold in the game. Also, buying platinum doesn't make your luck any better at all (at least not for me) because I used to open lots of crates though I stopped in season 3 since the only thing that has ever popped out of a crate has been a few ethyl eggs and 1 mccraw egg. How did I get the ethyl eggs if I quit opening crates in season 3? Eh, with the platinum won along with the singe egg. So yes, a poor player in the game won because of that random generator! Yay me! Leader Board players do not have to be rich to succeed at all. Many hours of hard work from thousands of map runs help. In other words, standing around complaining about what you don't have and logging in just to chat is not a good enough reason for STS to go ahead and fill your stash with rewards. It takes time and effort in more cases than you even know. It does take alot of gold but that gold can be made through farming locked crates, essences, gear, eggs, and so on. As for the leader boards and reaping rewards? Hell yes! You have no clue how broke I have been trying to just keep up my pves for my rank since pots are not free and pets are more than a little expensive to feed. One does not need to be 'rich' in a game to succeed. Yes, it helps for many but there are more than enough players who deserve the rewards of the game (and let's be real, this IS a game so it must be played to win anything more than a social life) through time, dedication, effort, and blistered fingers. To each, his own but...

You actually have to play the game! :encouragement:

P.S. if you do not understand what I just said please refer to what Zeus posted above me.

Zeus
06-25-2014, 09:40 AM
Terribly rude since the leveling up contest is the only thing I have ever won here in AL and I am not rich & do not have millions upon millions of gold in the game. Also, buying platinum doesn't make your luck any better at all (at least not for me) because I used to open lots of crates though I stopped in season 3 since the only thing that has ever popped out of a crate has been a few ethyl eggs and 1 mccraw egg. How did I get the ethyl eggs if I quit opening crates in season 3? Eh, with the platinum won along with the singe egg. Leader Board players do not have to be rich to succeed at all. Many hours of hard work from thousands of map runs help. In other words, standing around complaining about what you don't have and logging in just to chat is not a good enough reason for STS to go ahead and fill your stash with with rewards. It takes time and effort in more cases than you even know. It does take alot of gold but that gold can be made through farming locked crates, essences, gear, eggs, and so on. All you have to do is actually PLAY the game.

This!

Although, I still do think that SnS should be in locked crates as well. There's no good reason not to have it in crates. Perhaps on the last week of the event so it does not compromise the leaderboard competition?

Anarchist
06-25-2014, 09:47 AM
*head ache*

So when rewards were all based on luck we complained about the rich having an u fair advantage by having mire spins of the wheel.

Now it is based on time investment and we complain that the rich have an advantage by getting energy faster. STS has already increased the rate free energy is gainable.

Pick your lesser if two evils I would much prefer a time in estment system. The lottery system meant that even with hours if game play, years if playing you could still remain flat broke while a player who spent two days could open a single locked and make it big.

---

If you need gold, farm it. I know many wealthy players that farmed there worth. It is doable.

---

Everyone seems to want an "even" system. Everyone gets an "even chance." If everyone had the dame chance and it was merely a choice of half the people tried and half took a map, Sns wouldn't be arcane.

They aren't even that great if a pet in all honesty. Do they look cool? Yeah, but that's about it.

Lockeds system is way more even than Lb reward system.
Just to PARTECIPATE(i didn't even say appear on the LB talkless win) you have to spend huge amounts of gold or plat buying energy balls ( God bless the energy ball system).
On the other hand if Shady n Surge where in locked you could earn them on your 1st attempt.

Leoakre winners are the first 3. Your concept of spending "A lot"must be different from mine except you were plucking the energy balls free of charge from a tree.

Anyway give me a random numbe generator contest and i am a happy dude.

Bunny♥
06-25-2014, 09:52 AM

Lame trap? Have you ever think that you can earn something in return with the runs you do? You dont just spent gold or plats bro, you earn something in return as well, lets say you looted the new crates which can fund you for another 3-5 energies, run with the energies again and loot crates again, its a cycle! I dont know why people keeps mumbling with this and they dont even consider the good things they get from this event, just all negatives.

Zeus
06-25-2014, 09:55 AM
Lame trap? Have you ever think that you can earn something in return with the runs you do? You dont just spent gold or plats bro, you earn something in return as well, lets say you looted the new crates which can fund you for another 3-5 energies, run with the energies again and loot crates again, its a cycle! I dont know why people keeps mumbling with this and they dont even consider the good things they get from this event, just all negatives.

Exactly.

Yes, you can lose money but if you're running them at a non speed enhanced run which is a perfectly fine strategy for leaderboards, you should break even if you are using luck elixirs.

tharidom
06-25-2014, 09:55 AM
Another thing I don't get is they said that these events would also be for low lvl players, so these can compete now but still have a long road to look down on since they are absolutely chanceless on winning shady and surge.

leoakre
06-25-2014, 09:56 AM
Just to PARTECIPATE(i didn't even say appear on the LB talkless win) you have to spend huge amounts of gold or plat buying energy balls ( God bless the energy ball system).
On the other hand if Shady n Surge where in locked you could earn them on your 1st attempt.

Leoakre winners are the first 3. Your concept of spending "A lot"must be different from mine except you were plucking the energy balls free of charge from a tree.

ROFL!

You contradict yourself!

tharidom
06-25-2014, 09:57 AM
I was stalking u in EC:3

http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d121/thaar11/2014-06/260A8B1C-05E3-42BD-B28D-59D679E67E26_zpsurktx2xu.png (http://s34.photobucket.com/user/thaar11/media/2014-06/260A8B1C-05E3-42BD-B28D-59D679E67E26_zpsurktx2xu.png.html)

Neutrone
06-25-2014, 09:57 AM
These threads are lame and have no point. Why are you complaining that rich will win? Ofc it will take a lot if gold but don't forget there will be good drops from the bosses that if sold, will keep u running maybe endless. Arcane pets are rare and I don't disagree that they should be for those 30 in lbs. Why are you guys saying its a bad idea to make it a LB pet? The one who works hard deserves this pet. And you're saying, many will open. There are lot of other arcane pets, and the one who gets shady and surge during the contest will sell that for sure.
Why don't you go farm and earn some money to try to win this pet?

Sent from my Gpad_G1 using Tapatalk

I like this ^ that's why Im not aiming for LB rather I have another goal.... "Making money" from farming 12 bows 8 guns and 6 pavises.

Zeus
06-25-2014, 09:58 AM

Just one thing - winners are the top 10 from each class meaning 30 in total.

Zeus
06-25-2014, 09:58 AM
I was stalking u in EC:3

http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d121/thaar11/2014-06/260A8B1C-05E3-42BD-B28D-59D679E67E26_zpsurktx2xu.png (http://s34.photobucket.com/user/thaar11/media/2014-06/260A8B1C-05E3-42BD-B28D-59D679E67E26_zpsurktx2xu.png.html)

Haha, I think I was AFK?

leoakre
06-25-2014, 09:59 AM

Nah! My energy balls fell from heaven! :angel:

P.S. I gave much of my energy away because I do not much care for this energy system, plus it made me happy to do so. This is a game, and games are meant to make people happy. If you are no longer happy in a game, it is a simple thing to find another one.

tharidom
30 I'm having the feeling it's gonna be 35 this time cause people will tie again.

tharidom
Yeah u were afk.

Zeus
06-25-2014, 10:02 AM
Nah! My energy balls fell from heaven! :angel:

Mine fell from... *clears throat* Never mind!

Bunny♥
06-25-2014, 10:04 AM
Haha, I think I was AFK?

Yeah u were afk.

no he's not, he just dont care with the people around him >:]

Zeus
06-25-2014, 10:05 AM
no he's not, he just dont care with the people around him >:]

Lol, Bea! -.-

Bunny♥
06-25-2014, 10:09 AM
Lol, Bea! -.-

just kidding, hehe :3

leoakre
06-25-2014, 10:11 AM
Mine fell from... *clears throat* Never mind!

Yes, we know! Please go pick them up....

Anarchist
06-25-2014, 10:14 AM
Leoakre even in terms of who can partecipate.
While only if you are rich in gold or plat u can partecipate in LB contest.
If you are poor in gold and plat you can t apply for Lb but you can still try your luck with lockeds and get that sam on your first 10/100 attempts.

Everyone knows LB rewards are just carrot baits for a new type of plat burner system and a little percent of the players actually even tried there luck with it.
I would like to rather hear the opinions of those who didnt partecipate and why they didt than those who did and will obviously claim its good its right. IT ROCKS!

Lb rewards and energy balls are good right leokre fraline ecc?? Lol.

I promised myself not to persist in this lame factional debates when i got unbanned so i will just leave you guys (how many are u 25?) convinced that LB rewards are even and fair for all the community and the whole concept around it is great.

I do agree if u spent alot u MUST have goood compensation doe but its not fair the way it was organized.

Bye :) /

Rare
06-25-2014, 10:18 AM
All I see is blahblahblahblah

Bunny♥
06-25-2014, 10:22 AM
Leoakre even in terms of both partecipants.
If you are poor in gold and plat you can still try your luck and get that sam on your first 10/100 attempts.

Everyone knows LB rewards are just carrot baits for a new type of plat burnr system and a little percent of the players actually even tried there luck with.
I would like to rather hear the opinion of those who didnt partecipate and why they didt than those who did and will obviously claim its good its right. IT ROCKS right? Lb rewards and energy balls are good right leokre fraline ecc?? Lol.

I promised myself not to persist in this lame factional debates when i get unbanned so i will just leave you guys (how many are u 25?) convinced thay LB rewards are even and fair for all the community and the whole concept around it is great.

lol, tbh Im just giving few positive facts with the event. I am so tired seeing negative feed backs from the event and those feed backs are from the once who haven't tried farming around on portals, in short, the once who was upset about the event are those who has no idea on what they will actually get from running in portals. Lemme tell you, Nuwars, Zethosj and others who didnt win nightshade on goblin's event still run till the event ends and got their banner. They actually didn't aim for the banner, they just run to farm and earn golds, in fact, the banner was just a bonus for them! In my case, I was also doing the same thing at first not knowing it will help me reach 3rd spot (even its just a 3 way tie).

leoakre
06-25-2014, 10:26 AM
Leoakre even in terms of who can partecipate.
If you are poor in gold and plat you can t apply for Lb but you can still try your luck and get that sam on your first 10/100 attempts.

Everyone knows LB rewards are just carrot baits for a new type of plat burner system and a little percent of the players actually even tried there luck with it.
I would like to rather hear the opinions of those who didnt partecipate and why they didt than those who did and will obviously claim its good its right. IT ROCKS!

Lb rewards and energy balls are good right leokre fraline ecc?? Lol.

I promised myself not to persist in this lame factional debates when i got unbanned so i will just leave you guys (how many are u 25?) convinced that LB rewards are even and fair for all the community and the whole concept around it is great.

I do agree if u spent alot u MUST have goood compensation doe but its not fair the way it was organized.

Pft! I wasn't even on the Goblin LB nor did I get more than 1000 points in the event! Didn't like the event nor appreciate the lack of fun, farmable maps!

Kraze
06-25-2014, 12:39 PM

Who wants Lb rewards?
How many are they?
Few.
How many are we?
Many!
So why does LB remain?
What do we do?

Rather rude, and inaccurate. I have never spent money to buy plat, yet I am going to try fir at least the top 50. Additionally, many people can quote me on putting real life first. Try not to over generalize just because you are upset.

I really don't see anything rude or inaccurate. It was simply an opinion that was shared. In addition you were throwing around 5-7 hours played per day. While that could have been hyperbole that kind of time investment while a choice it is not indicative of putting real life first. However I do wish you luck in hitting to 50. It's good to have goals.

ClumsyCactus
06-25-2014, 12:51 PM
I completely understand the people saying that these events is Only hardwork, there is just one problem...
If you do not have millions already when the event start, you have no chance in doing that "hardwork" because you have no freaking energy to do some hardwork!
Just my opinion.

Assumptions
06-25-2014, 01:03 PM
Ok lets be honest, we know that the leaderboards of this event are either FILTHY rich or FILTHY rich with plat. These people do deserve a reward but not something that they will just sell for MORE gold. It just doesnt seem fare :/ maybe it's just me but I feel like they dont need the money, like they literally already have everything they wants/need.

Maybe you should give out shady and surge for like 5,000 tokens, or anyone that reaches a certain goal, like tiers but way harder. Like anyone that reaches 10,000 points get him. So people that really want it, will obtain him, have time and won't be rushed. Yes this will make him less rare and all but at least more people will have the pleasure of obtaining an arcane item, much less pet!

Think, half the people that make the leaderboards will open this pet, that leaves like 15 left, so 50-60m for the price. Then people with a lot of money will buy and open. That will leave like 5 left in the game just floating around. Give it a week and they will all be gone. Then think, those players that have him and quite, soon he will be out of existence >_<

I understand it, but it doesn't seem too appealing. Maybe for one time we can have the hard workers, without a lot of gold or plat obtain an arcane pet. Because if you don't make leaderboard, then you prob won't get this pet. Unless your someone like Zeus and has muchh money to burn :) for 50-60m :livid: any way thanks for reading :banana:

Meh,please sts, make this into a contest so everyone have a tiny little chance to win this pet. :upset: Isn't this just like the previous goblin event?

Kreasadriii
06-25-2014, 01:14 PM
Stop thread about complaining bro.
Its worth to players who spent a lot of gold and plat to the reward of the event.
Accept the fact that richer >> winnner, for us who didn't have a lot of gold and plat could try contest here in forum such as weekly raffle each week and another screenshot contest that easier. Even the possibility so low, it didn't spend even 1 gold or 1 plat, isn't it?

To be top LB event indeed you are not only spend gold and plat, u need to spend your time too. I got many friends who have many plats and gold but do not know really how event works and how to play well, its makes big difference if we learn how to play well in the game.
We can use this event to farming only, its okay on another hand we can reach the LB too even not in top 10 :)

"there's a will, there's a way"
Cheers!! ^^

Anyona
06-25-2014, 01:17 PM
The thing that people need to remember is that there will be farmable items which will be valuable in the event. Farming Dovabears on multiple accounts or farming & opening elondrian chests will give you a chance to loot gear and myrhic weapons. The stats are yet to be released but by the way the event system is going it seems like they will be better than tarlok. Make multiple 10-15 twinks and open the chests farmed. Also there are items to be brought with tokens.

When I was at my richest in al I still wouldn't be able to compete with lb but this event offers lots of income for non plat players so I suggest you make good use of it!

Good luck to all in the event :)

Sent from my ST26i using Tapatalk

obee
06-25-2014, 04:16 PM
Guys look at dovabear! Don't need plat for that

Doomreaper
06-25-2014, 05:39 PM
The thing that people need to remember is that there will be farmable items which will be valuable in the event. Farming Dovabears on multiple accounts or farming & opening elondrian chests will give you a chance to loot gear and myrhic weapons. The stats are yet to be released but by the way the event system is going it seems like they will be better than tarlok. Make multiple 10-15 twinks and open the chests farmed. Also there are items to be brought with tokens.

When I was at my richest in al I still wouldn't be able to compete with lb but this event offers lots of income for non plat players so I suggest you make good use of it!

Good luck to all in the event :)

They said event is for Lvl 35+ so farming dovabear on multiple accounts will be hard for some of us

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Neutrone
06-25-2014, 11:57 PM
They said event is for Lvl 35+ so farming dovabear on multiple accounts will be hard for some of us

No that's the level requirement to get on LB

Xeusx
06-26-2014, 12:06 AM
*cough* *cough*
All I wanna see in this thread is peaceful..but...look the pages *cough* *cough*

Doomreaper
06-26-2014, 12:33 AM
*cough* *cough*
All I wanna see in this thread is peaceful..but...look the pages *cough* *cough*

Do you have a cold

SacredKnight
06-26-2014, 05:04 AM
I agree with Crow, but to be honest...most people don't have the time to play AL everyday.....
Personally I would like to see more content that involves the guild.

Dex Scene
06-26-2014, 05:22 AM
I am a non plat user (I buy only like 75 plats in a month ) and I am not rich at all (better if I say I am poor).
My review?
Well I disliked the last event but this one? Love it. There are event crates, dova bear, little bear that a nonplat or poor people can get :) so I don't see anything to give negative feedbacks to the insane works and efforts the STS are doing for us!
Only thing that bug me is, 30 SnS is like a bit more numbers for an arcane pet! They could giveaway like only 5 SnS and make them gettable from New elondrian locked chests or old locked chests (extremely rare). It could save the old lockeds from dieing too :)

—AshDex

Gensin
06-26-2014, 05:50 AM
Truth be told, everybody just thinks they want an easy way to earn items - including myself. However, once we have an easy way to earn items then we will complain about boredom and how the game doesn't provide enough of a challenge. Funny how that works out, right? Arcane items are not easy to obtain. Before, they were for those who were willing to put in the money into crates & now, one of them is for those who are willing to put in the extreme time investment needed. I'm not saying that I don't think 3 weeks of invested time is ridiculous - it is. However, it is the price to pay if you want an equally ridiculous pet.

God bless this post.

Xeusx
06-26-2014, 06:01 AM
Do you have a cold

Yes, Ursoth will I kill because He give me a cold.

tharidom
06-26-2014, 07:51 AM
If ur not a plat user u dont buy play monthly u are a plat user.

Neutrone
06-26-2014, 07:58 AM

Mhmmm some of us are real non-platusers

Anyona
06-26-2014, 01:17 PM
Plat users are generally people who make gold via locked crates or kits. He most likely uses plat for revives ib elite runs.

Picklee
06-26-2014, 10:53 PM
Can a dev please respond on their thoughts about this? Considering what people have said this whole thread

Arpluvial
06-26-2014, 11:07 PM
Guys, we are happy to hear your feedback, but please keep it constructive.

Picklee
06-26-2014, 11:30 PM
Guys, we are happy to hear your feedback, but please keep it constructive.

Keep it we will, and constructive it shall be xD thanks:)

Dex Scene
06-27-2014, 02:01 AM
Exactly what anyona said!!
I just use plats to revive in elites!! Or to buy exclusive plat pets only! Never made money from plats so yeah!!

—AshDex

Anarchist
06-27-2014, 02:52 AM
Lb contest is a alternative way to earn the best stuff ingame. It positively differ from crates cause you have to work for the goodies.

BUT
There is a problem..
Who can partecipate in LB contests?

Players with:
#1 Time
#2 Huge economical back up for energy balls/kits.
#3 Immense will to play and eventually will to win the contest.

This caratteristics can hardly be found all together not to talk about the fact that the largest part of the player base, that maybe would even like to partecipate and have time to play, does not have the economic resource to face the financial aspect of the contest.

Though the core is good for now its just a elitist contest that divides and discourage those who cant parteciate for one reason or another. This division also tend to negatively reflect on the general perception the community has about the event.

The idea is good but the contest is not fair.
(Fair = make the contest accessible to every type of player Poor/Average/ Rich and make time and will to play the only fundamental factors that determine the winer)

A easy way to acheive this is making the contest independent from energy balls.
Grant points only to a player in base of the runs he made with energy balls crafted by himself and crafted without buying up the time with plat.
A even more easier way would be removing energy balls from the event.(but its clear this is never gonna happen)

Waheedski
06-27-2014, 07:42 AM
I want to see a hundred people tie in 10th place. Guys make it happen for each class :)

Samhayne
06-27-2014, 09:41 AM
Can a dev please respond on their thoughts about this? Considering what people have said this whole thread

I'm with Zeus on this one.

This is just a different swing at having something worth striving for. Is it perfect? Is anything? We just keep trying different takes on things that might be interesting and fun. At this point we want to see how things play out. Thanks for your input.

Classychic
06-27-2014, 10:21 AM
There is everything for everyone in this event. The fact that it is even being released during the summer (US side, tho) makes it easier for youngsters to have time to grind for S&S. They may not have the $$$ to buy plats, but they now have the luxury of time that working people who can afford to buy platinum, don't have.

If you know you can't run the leaderboards, focus on another goal instead of griping that you can't have S&S. (There is a thread on this already). Dovabear is only the tip of the iceberg. Have fun guys. Playing is not all about the rewards. It is also about the grind, the experience. There still are new gear and mythic weaps to get excited about. And--they can all be looted platinum-free!!!

P.S. And I am saying this as someone WHO IS NOT going to try for the leaderboards. :) Got a lot of things on my plate now. Just have to accept that and make do with whatever time or resources I have.