PDA

View Full Version : Useroth Gear???

Neutrone
06-25-2014, 10:17 AM
I just have a simple question is there a possibility of there being new gear, like tarlok, during the event and if so will it be better? Or are we simply going to have gear like hellish or wintermancer? I'm not really asking for a straight answer (unless you have one) but simply want to know which type of gear is more likely to be present at that time and why STG would choose that type.

Attack Dog
06-25-2014, 10:19 AM
Good question

Neutrone
06-25-2014, 10:44 AM
Oh no nvm found the answer to my question

Neutrone
06-25-2014, 10:45 AM
http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?p=1699547

Crowsfoot
06-25-2014, 10:46 AM
Yup, there will be new. Gear how powerful it will be has yet to be announced. I will be severely annoyed if is stronger than the current elite drops and destroys the market like tarlok did.

Neutrone
06-25-2014, 10:53 AM
Yup, there will be new. Gear how powerful it will be has yet to be announced. I will be severely annoyed if is stronger than the current elite drops and destroys the market like tarlok did.

Well seeing that it might be better than tarlok there's a possibility of that happening again...but tell me how will it destroy....ooooh I think I slightly understand what your saying ...crap this is bad

Doomreaper
06-25-2014, 10:57 AM
I knew I shouldn't have upgraded my mythic armor

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Andrisber
06-25-2014, 11:09 AM
Same, but... No gold, more aps ;)

Energizeric
06-25-2014, 11:38 AM
Hellish was the best gear when the halloween event happened, and then tarlok was better a couple of months later. I would expect a similar pattern. Yes the new event gear will probably be better, but then the next event should continue to show improvement. That is the new strategy, every event or expansion will include improved items so there will always be something to upgrade and farm for.

Neutrone
06-25-2014, 11:42 AM
Hellish was the best gear when the halloween event happened, and then tarlok was better a couple of months later. I would expect a similar pattern. Yes the new event gear will probably be better, but then the next event should continue to show improvement. That is the new strategy, every event or expansion will include improved items so there will always be something to upgrade and farm for.

With that being said I don't think there any big problems with this event actually this is a good opportunity for non plat users (like me) to make good money

Crowsfoot
06-25-2014, 01:55 PM
The problem with this system is it totally destroys the drive to farm armor and helm dropping maps (Corridor and Rockhorn this season) that makes weapons even more over farmed which causes those values to crash even faster. The more Elite maps we have that are farmabke, the longer their drops maintain value. This season has been doing well but we are only a few months in to this 6 month journey. A kill shot to armor and helm farming will ruin the elite economy,

tharidom
06-25-2014, 01:58 PM
New it!, shouldve wait with buying myth armor and doom pendant and also upgrading it.

Crowsfoot
06-25-2014, 02:10 PM
Should have bought a talisman instead if a doom.

Riptank
06-25-2014, 02:30 PM

At least just make it better than tarlok (maybe applicable lower than the level of elite gears?) or else no one will invest an effort for crappy gears.

We're stuck in same old gear, we need to try something new. If those gear aren't good then it will just end up like vanity especially for twinker like us

Neutrone
06-25-2014, 02:43 PM
At least just make it better than tarlok (maybe applicable lower than the level of elite gears?) or else no one will invest an effort for crappy gears.

We're stuck in same old gear, we need to try something new. If those gear aren't good then it will just end up like vanity especially for twinker like us

It will be better than tarlok

Neutrone
06-25-2014, 02:46 PM
Oh and guys here
http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?p=1698450

ColaxRic
06-26-2014, 03:24 AM
Dang... I just bought magma assault armor and archon ring of brut... gotta sell em now....

utpal
06-26-2014, 05:11 AM
New it!, shouldve wait with buying myth armor and doom pendant and also upgrading it.

lol I told you to wait XD

Titanium
06-26-2014, 05:25 AM
It will be cool if the new gear it will be better than anything out there, espcially twinks. Just think about this

Twinks have gear back from season 1-2 ( ex: dark watch sword ). And endgamers run for gear every season. Twinks are only PvP , no offense but they should break a sweat too not only PvP . And don't tell me the new gear is impossible to get cause it's not . Impossible to get ( as endgame ) is arcane ring + samael + mythic weapon/arcane. I dont believe in any market destruction.. people are just lazy to get something new and they are missing the fun !

"Winter is coming" for everyone of us ! Muahaha !

utpal
06-26-2014, 05:36 AM
agree with titanium, who wants the same twink tarlok gear for over 6months lol.
ursoth gears will be better then tarlok and it should be. or no one will be farming for crappy gears.

it will follow the season 5 economy due to upgraded mythics.

Riptank
06-26-2014, 10:58 AM
New gear is a good news. However, the bad news is best weapon is still from season 1 -_-" Ti'll when would they plan to preserve dark watch and SS in up position?, for cow sake we aren't antique shop. We need new and better weapon!!!

Crowsfoot
06-26-2014, 11:08 AM
New gear is a good news. However, the bad news is best weapon is still from season 1 -_-" Ti'll when would they plan to preserve dark watch and SS in up position?, for cow sake we aren't antique shop. We need new and better weapon!!!
DWS is season 2

Energizeric
06-26-2014, 11:16 AM
The problem with this system is it totally destroys the drive to farm armor and helm dropping maps (Corridor and Rockhorn this season) that makes weapons even more over farmed which causes those values to crash even faster. The more Elite maps we have that are farmabke, the longer their drops maintain value. This season has been doing well but we are only a few months in to this 6 month journey. A kill shot to armor and helm farming will ruin the elite economy,

Good point. Since we have this new event coming now, it won't be an issue yet, but could become one after the event. I'd like to see this itemization apply to some regular gear added to elites. Maybe add some new weapons that are different from the ones that already can be farmed. For example, how about a rifle, bow and sword/shield that drop from elites. They won't be as good as the level 41 mythics, but will be better than anything else.

Crowsfoot
06-26-2014, 11:56 AM
Good point. Since we have this new event coming now, it won't be an issue yet, but could become one after the event. I'd like to see this itemization apply to some regular gear added to elites. Maybe add some new weapons that are different from the ones that already can be farmed. For example, how about a rifle, bow and sword/shield that drop from elites. They won't be as good as the level 41 mythics, but will be better than anything else.
Issues with the current gear as I see it:

1) two sets of gear are better than magma gear.

2) one of the better sets drops from basic chests.

3) the easier to loot version is considered more desired by players who dislike the 1 HP per second healing.

---

Solution: Nerf Druid gear to be a buffed version of dragonscale gear. Spirit gear will gain the higher price as is appropriate. Magma gear will lose less of their value since only the rarer gear set will be stringer than it. Dragonscale gear is already good and severly under used. A buffed version flooded on the market will help less wealthy players gear up to farm elites after the event. This also raises encouragement for players to craft spirit chests which reduces the items looted (maintains a higher value of items) and encourages plat use through crafting.

PS: Yes, we need shield weapons, bows, and guns dropped from elite. Besides the shield weapons, the others are typically more desirable and hurt the knives and staves market since crate guns are arguably better than elite staves I'm some situations.