PDA

View Full Version : Ursoth Gear Analysis (Reboot)

Crowsfoot
06-25-2014, 07:31 PM
After the heart attacks and adamantium jokes from earlier today, Sam has confirmed that the stats were actually incorrect (wew!). The following are the true stats of the Ursoth gear. The focus of the analysis will be of the warrior "Will" variation (Highest armor stat of warrior gear) of Ursoth gear, but the pattern (you will see it) reflects on all magma gear when compared with Ursoth gear. Don't worry about your uograded mythic sets. All mythics will maintain the highest damage of any plates or helms. Additionally, the armor difference is much slimmer (no 3,000 armor tanks this event :().

Amulets are also compared due to their newly released information.

Helms:

Plates:

Amulets:

---

Analysis:

Helms and Plates:

The pattern is very plain.

Druid gear will have the same stats as their magma counterparts (+/-1 armor) with added mana and HP that makes their stats slightly higher than their elite drop counter parts.

Spirit gear has higher stats than Druid gear but do not have the added HP or mana. Spirit gear does, however, have the same +1 HP per second d heali g that the talisman has!

Of the two types of gear, does it matter which you buy? Ehh, Spirit gear is technically better. Both are better than magma gear. The relation we see between Druid and Spirit gear is very similar to that of Shade and Architect gear, respectively, last season.

Amulets:

The Amulet of Doom is dead! We officially have two amulets better than the Doom (Our requests have been met). The Ursoth amulet will be more geared towards PvP while the talisman will remain the best amulet for elite. What has yet to be said is whether the amulets and rings from Ursoth will have procs. This may change the previous claim of talisman remaining the best tanking amulet.

The rings have weaker stats than archons and mythic rings so I didn't include them. They will be the least desired drop for warriors but this may differ for each class. The accuracy of this claim may also change if the rings have procs (although I hope they don't).

I suggest you visit the official post for a full list of Ursoth gear and then compare the items in a similar way as was done in this thread.
http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?161098-When-Will-the-Ursoth-s-Event-Start-New-Gear-and-Stats!

---

Regarding the HP Return Overtime:

Assuming you use a spirit set and talisman for tanking, you will receive 3 HP returned per second. This ends up being a total of 2,160 to 4,320 HP returned per run (12-24min). This is actually significant. Is it a game changer? No. But you might save a couple potions a week :)

All classes have the same HP return overtime aspect included in their spirit gear.

---

To Know and Consider Before Posting:

The event starts July 1st CDT.
Here is the coutdown timer from the main thread: http://bit.ly/1rvsWwi

The one hope that many elite players have now is that the Ursoth gear doesn't flood the market. Many elite players are already saying "Guess I'm never farming Corridor or Rockhorn again." If Ursoth turns into a Tarlok 2, their predictions may be right. The event system changes may limit item drops (the removal of a guaranteed best boss will certainly help limit drops). We will have to wait and see. The effect on the elite market will be a major focus for me.

The kinks are still coming out of the event system. We just had several large changes and I expect there to be a continuation of changes to improve the system after Ursoth. Keep in mind that the energy system is most likely here to say and the fact that the event system was part of a client update means that STS put a lot of time into developing it.

Our best bet for getting what we want is to suggest adaptations to what is given instead of throwing it away. Analyze what is given, analyze what has happened, infer future effects of the current system, and make suggestions accordingly to better that future.

Please share your thoughts! :)

obee
06-25-2014, 07:35 PM
Thanks! So doom is gonna be all over the market. Hey maybe energy won't be so bad 😃

Reunegade
06-25-2014, 08:10 PM
I'm looking forward to it. :) 25 platinum for 5 kits seems okay for me, because I usually use about 1-3 platinum a run in elites. 5 platinum per run is meh, but if drop rates are same as elites than I will definitely take it. Also the added bonus of Dovabear is very awesome, too. So 6 characters = 6 chances of Dovabear = 18 free energies per day = 18 chances at druid/spirit = 64 spirit chests = 6 banners. :)

Azemen
06-25-2014, 08:12 PM
Isnt Druid better then Spirit? 50/100 health and 50/100 mana seems better then 1 health regen.

Reunegade
06-25-2014, 08:23 PM
50 health/mana is different from mana regen. Having a set number means increasing your total amount of health by x amount. However, adding H/S (or M/S) heals your lost health by 1% every second. IMO, 1% is better than extra health/mana in the long run.

Crowsfoot
06-25-2014, 08:27 PM
Isnt Druid better then Spirit? 50/100 health and 50/100 mana seems better then 1 health regen.
Stat differences:

Druid:
+124 HP
+130 mana

Spirit:
Higher bonus damage
Higher damage and DPS
+5 armor (lol at that, but there)
Around 1,500-3,000 HP Healed per run

I think spirit gear should still have the mana and HP stat as well, won't make them OP. Percentages considered, Druid gear is likely better for mages and rogues. However, Spirit gear will likely be better for warriors.

Crowsfoot
06-25-2014, 08:29 PM
50 health/mana is different from mana regen. Having a set number means increasing your total amount of health by x amount. However, adding H/S (or M/S) heals your lost health by 1% every second. IMO, 1% is better than extra health/mana in the long run.
Its 1 HP per second, not 1% per second (I don't think you want warriors self healing 65 HP a second in PvP).

Reunegade
06-25-2014, 08:51 PM
Its 1 HP per second, not 1% per second (I don't think you want warriors self healing 65 HP a second in PvP).
My bad, sorry.

SacredKnight
06-26-2014, 03:52 AM
So, what's the damage/dps difference going to be for Doom compared to Others?
That being said...will these amulets have a cool particle affect or remain discrete ?

alexdroog
06-26-2014, 03:59 AM
Ty for the analysis.

Xeusx
06-26-2014, 04:15 AM
Question:
In PvP, is the spirit gear still better than Druid?

utpal
06-26-2014, 05:07 AM
I stopped farming elites 1month ago coz ik ursoth will be tarlok 2.

now spirit set will be cool. I will buy that set.
also the looks of Druid set is cool XD. I want sts to interchange the looks :P

Druid potency set is better then magma assault set as it has much HP and much mana.
this potency set will be in more demand I think.

utpal
06-26-2014, 05:18 AM
haha. saw ur other thread where armours were bugged. man I wished it was not bugged lol.
7.5k+ HP and 3.1k armour warriors LOL..
That's real HULK

Reunegade
06-26-2014, 07:24 AM
Question:
In PvP, is the spirit gear still better than Druid?
Still better? I don't know what you mean by that. If you mean is Spirit gear better than Druid, I would say so because as Crow said, 2 H/S > 150 HP and MP

Haligali
06-26-2014, 07:33 AM
Still better? I don't know what you mean by that. If you mean is Spirit gear better than Druid, I would say so because as Crow said, 2 H/S > 150 HP and MP

nah, ancient druid is better than living spirit.

Reunegade
06-26-2014, 07:42 AM
I think it's all preference, I prefer 2 H/S over 150 HP and MP because the return is better in the long run.

Xeusx
06-26-2014, 07:44 AM
Yeah, its look like Druid of potency is even more better because the 3.0 dmg.

Xeusx
06-26-2014, 07:44 AM
Yeah, its look like Druid of potency is even more better because the 3.0 dmg.

Reunegade
06-26-2014, 07:51 AM
Oh, I thought we were comparing the Will variants.

Crowsfoot
06-26-2014, 08:24 AM

I think it's all preference, I prefer 2 H/S over 150 HP and MP because the return is better in the long run.

Depends on your class. The base HP boost will she better fir mages than the heal since they are often 1-2 hit. Tanks are constantly taking small damage and thus I would prefer the healing.

In all honestly, I think Druid gear should be nerfed to be a buffed version of dragonscale. 1 set of gear better than magma is enough. Having one if those better gear sets dropping from basic chests will flood the market.

Crowsfoot
06-26-2014, 08:26 AM
Oh, I thought we were comparing the Will variants.

This^

Compare the magma assault to druid potency and spirit assault gear and you see the dame pattern as you see between the will varieties.

I used the will variety because I had already gotten the screenshots. Mythic gear will beat out potency for PvP so I figured it was a weak comparison. PvE wise the event gear will be the new best tanking gear.

Crowsfoot
06-26-2014, 03:43 PM
Gear will scale down to lvl2.

This opens the door for Ursoth gear to replace Tarlok gear at many levels.

Azemen
06-26-2014, 07:08 PM
Time to open those chests on lvl 16/21 toons!

Crowsfoot
06-26-2014, 07:09 PM
Time to open those chests on lvl 16/21 toons!
They can't be stashed, just a heads up.

utpal
06-26-2014, 10:46 PM
since the analysis is all about war sets, y not it should be moved to war discussion section?