PDA

View Full Version : Vanity drop superstitions

Ague
06-25-2014, 11:04 PM
I've been trying for albino bats for a while, and I've noticed I tend to get superstitious thoughts about farming.

i.e. if I do something a certain way, drops are more likely.

They're all probably nonsense, but I thought it's be fun to create a thread where people share superstitions they've entertained while looking for an elusive item. Maybe some of them are true! Maybe some will prove false when more experienced players weigh in. I'm damn sure a lot of them are funny.

Some examples of my own superstitious leanings:

When I use vermin swarm, enemies don't drop items. I need to do hand-to-hand combat only. (debunked)
Vanities will only drop if I do the entire mission, not single levels.
Vanities drop more for teams of players than solo.
I need to pick up every junk item to encourage vanities to come out.
Albino bats will never drop because I want them.

What are your vanity drop superstitions?

erosion
06-25-2014, 11:19 PM
If you expect it to drop,it wont drop.

Phantomas
06-26-2014, 04:37 AM
- Playing every day decreases ur dropchances (playing every other day increases ur dropchances)
- Do other mission at least 10 times b4 u try to find albino bats on Morhaven
- Vanity (high valuable vanity) drops only at certain times and excludes each other, if albino bats r droppping, during that day/week? sinister mask wont drop and/or vv.
- When in a mission 2 pieces of vanity drop (cheap and an expensive item), and u find the cheap one, that day the more valuable item wont drop for u.

Finally dont b too trusting and dont believe everything u hear, way back when I was a noob (aug 2012), an more experienced player told me that when u run 3 times around the bloodfountain (end of street) u wld get an item at random.
So I tried and indeed I got an item (socialite top), what I didnt realize at the time was that the guy gave me an item and that it had nothing to do with me running around the fountain 3 times.
I did share the info with my friends so for 3 days in a row at certain times we were running around the fountain.... :stupid:

Ague
06-27-2014, 08:40 PM
LOL

shadowblink
06-29-2014, 11:51 AM
Hehehe... funny.. Lol..

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk

Sam_Arah
06-29-2014, 08:55 PM
Finally dont b too trusting and dont believe everything u hear, way back when I was a noob (aug 2012), an more experienced player told me that when u run 3 times around the bloodfountain (end of street) u wld get an item at random.
So I tried and indeed I got an item (socialite top), what I didnt realize at the time was that the guy gave me an item and that it had nothing to do with me running around the fountain 3 times.
I did share the info with my friends so for 3 days in a row at certain times we were running around the fountain.... :stupid:

lol

erosion
07-02-2014, 11:08 PM
After 5 vanity drops,wont drop more vanities.+.+

Kunaji
07-03-2014, 02:28 PM
- Changing toons during a day increases my chances
- Vanities drop more after the weekend, is like players run the maps a lot and they are ready to give u the good stuff!
- Black druid top is never going to drop for me (7 months running gallows are the proof)
- If ur bored after hrs running a map and u jump to another map u win something

and Phantomas, someome told me when i was a noob that brim burned vanities, i didnīt use it for months :)

Phantomas
07-04-2014, 03:36 AM
-
and Phantomas, someome told me when i was a noob that brim burned vanities, i didnīt use it for months :)

Lmao, I can totally imagine ur 'mistake'. :highly_amused: Brim does burn enemies so why not vanity as well :confused:

Rosybuds
07-04-2014, 10:46 AM
If I use My Toon Roselind Vanities wont drop lol lol.... :) :)

doomdoomdoom
07-08-2014, 03:17 PM
Here are a few...some that I have to admit I still do :vblush: :

- Farm wherever your allies pop...they bring you luck
- Use leap...it is luckier with drops
- You get better drops from breakables...if you break them right after a feed
- You get better drops in solo mode...no wait multi mode....no wait...yea that one I know doesn't make a difference for me

Mrcupido
07-08-2014, 04:09 PM
F u xpect it to drop.. it wont drop'' ;)

Sent from my CHERRY SNAP using Tapatalk 2

Mezderak
07-08-2014, 08:23 PM
For me its hack and slash and pop it shows cause im just worrying about my kills not my drops when i do this it drops for me

Santosh Elangadi
07-18-2014, 09:30 AM
is playing solo provides better drops? still i didn tried it..

Boogiez
08-05-2014, 01:47 AM
lol i got my drop but all noobs drop no one is good for moontear tried many times 8 times vs scienstist still he didnt drop moontear may be my luck is on vacation

erosion
08-06-2014, 12:20 AM
Ummmm.... wanna know if you play solo will you get any vanities??:smile:

Ague
08-10-2014, 03:31 PM
Ummmm.... wanna know if you play solo will you get any vanities??:smile:

Yeah, vanities still drop if you're playing solo.

Rosybuds
08-11-2014, 09:49 AM
- Playing every day decreases ur dropchances (playing every other day increases ur dropchances)
- Do other mission at least 10 times b4 u try to find albino bats on Morhaven
- Vanity (high valuable vanity) drops only at certain times and excludes each other, if albino bats r droppping, during that day/week? sinister mask wont drop and/or vv.
- When in a mission 2 pieces of vanity drop (cheap and an expensive item), and u find the cheap one, that day the more valuable item wont drop for u.

Lmao I just seen this Today OHH Phantomas You Poor Soul lol lol... How someone could be so Cruel lol lol well at least that made me laugh Thanks For Sharing :))

Dienoobs
08-13-2014, 11:23 AM
#1. If you get a cheap vanity give up for the day the game ain't in the giving mood.
#2 If you get a legendary weapon or gem drop don't pick it up.
#3 Don't run w/ me I'm bad luck lol
#4 You'll never get what u want when u want it, only what your not looking for while your not looking for it.

doomdoomdoom
08-14-2014, 02:20 PM
#1. If you get a cheap vanity give up for the day the game ain't in the giving mood.
#2 If you get a legendary weapon or gem drop don't pick it up.
#3 Don't run w/ me I'm bad luck lol
#4 You'll never get what u want when u want it, only what your not looking for while your not looking for it.

Poor unlucky die. No wonder you love pvp. *gives die a hug*

Santosh Elangadi
08-16-2014, 03:46 PM
pvp with low ping ... death incarnate:angel: