PDA

View Full Version : Massive server-side lag spikes?

Doodiepantz
06-26-2014, 11:02 AM
Hello, I'm an avid arcane legends player amongst other people on this forum.

My connection is 50mb/s Download and 25mb/s Upload, any speed test is normal as well as pinging any website.

But it seems as though the arcane legends servers are not capable of handling the new traffic on the game.

It's hard to show emotion in text format so do not take this the wrong way but you would think that with amount of money people put into this game daily, you could update whatever is needed (server side) whether it be RAM or what not. The constant 30 ping to 1,000-100,000 or a total lag out and back has just been happening constantly. It's hard to navigate the auction house let alone go hog wild on some NPC's.

I personally know nothing about making / maintaining servers.

Thus, my thread.

Thank you for your time.

-Doodiepants 40 Rogue =]

Milan Lame Man
06-26-2014, 04:19 PM
Just a clarification - it took me quite a few months to figure it out.
What looks like lag spikes is, in reality, packets lost.
Most probably it's between your device and the reliable cable network, unless you play in Chrome.
Depending on your computer skills, you can try to ping your device and a reliable server (www.google.com seems to be 100.000% reliable) to find which part is causing the problems.
If you don't know how, it would take several pages to explain so... good luck :smile:
I am facing similar problem right now, my iPad seems to have problems with WiFi. Not sure if STS changed something recently (less than 2 weeks).

Doodiepantz
07-01-2014, 11:27 AM
There is no packet loss.

It's server side.

I stated I can still ping any website just find.

I ping google.com and it comes back fine, just fine. My iPad and iphone and iPod all experience the same lag spikes/packet loss so unless it's apple products conflicting with the way the sts makes their games (which I doubt), I'm still pretty sure it's on sts end. Lots of friends are experiencing the same problem.

You would think after a week I might get a response from a mod =[.

Thanks,
Doodiepantz