PDA

View Full Version : Trashy Riposte

flluby2
06-26-2014, 02:02 PM
As anyone in the game soon learn, those that ends with Riposte is the worst bauble ever you shall encounter.
And especially so at higher level.

Not only does it lack in secondary stats,
It is notorious for having no damage, nor armor
Not even hp or mana,
And for consolation, it has dodge and crits increase, which is absolutely solid, if not for the disproportionate increase per level.

A quick check at lv40 and lv41 comparison of Dragon Scale Amulet of Riposte (amulet)

Lv 41 has 22 int, 3.38% dodge, 2.20% crit
Lv 40 has 21 int, 3.30% dodge, 2.15% crit
Lv 5 has 4 int, 0.50% dodge, 0.40% crit

At 35 level gap, you get +18 int, +2.80% dodge, +1.75% crit,
To break it down +0.08% dodge and + 0.05 crit per level increase.

Why have this legendary bauble and giving it such a fancy name such as riposte, only to make it ever so unusable?

It spells doom when you opened that locked crate only to find a legendary item named riposte.

I think the stats need to be fixed to give us more viable option.
Personally, dodge and crit are really some cool stats to have, but at this rate, it is utter junk.

To make it usable, at lv 41, I would expect at least 10% dodge and crit,
To compensate for the loss in secondary stats, damage, armor, even hp and mana.

And thus, I would appreciate not having that bauble appearing in any of the new elondrian crate.
Save me the time to liquidate it for 5 gold?

Crowsfoot
06-26-2014, 02:35 PM
This also applies to rogue knivea and certain warrior rings. Riposte is trash. Potency is usually a good indication of stronger gear.

Serancha
06-26-2014, 02:40 PM
Riposte is supposed to be garbage. It is only there to make the other versions look impressive. (Unfortunately this fails, 'cause they're just not, but that's another story)

flluby2
06-29-2014, 02:30 PM
I still wish they make dodge and crit a viable option for other class other than rogue through ring and amulet.
The purple ones have much better stats than legendary riposte.