PDA

View Full Version : No new twink gear during event?

Energizeric
06-26-2014, 02:21 PM
I haven't heard any mention of new twink gear with the Ursoth's Assault event. With the Halloween and Tarlok events, there were twink version of all the gear. Will the same hold true for the Ursoth's Assault event, or is all the gear just end game?

My personal opinion is that we have enough different twink gear at this time and releasing more twink gear is just going to anger people who invested lots of gold in current twink gear. I think twinks will still participate in the event to get the pet eggs and in hope of looting end game gear to sell.

tharidom
06-26-2014, 02:23 PM
The gear this event will be lvl based.

Crowsfoot
06-26-2014, 02:32 PM
The gear will be scaled by level. Whether we will see 41 different versions or increments of 5 in the kevels like Tarlok gear is unknown.

Trenton
06-26-2014, 02:39 PM
Remiem said that they will be scaled all the way down to L2.

Imjebus
06-26-2014, 02:59 PM
Only thing end game will get that twinks won't is the mythic weapons :o

Samhayne
06-26-2014, 03:07 PM
Remiem said that they will be scaled all the way down to L2.

This is correct.

Energizeric
06-26-2014, 03:20 PM
ok, thanks.

Crowsfoot
06-26-2014, 03:41 PM
This is correct.
Will the rings/amulets have procs?

Morholt
06-26-2014, 08:02 PM
After reviewing the lvl 41 gear, I think it is safe to say the scaled down versions won't be as good as Tarlok twink gear.

Energizeric
06-26-2014, 08:58 PM
After reviewing the lvl 41 gear, I think it is safe to say the scaled down versions won't be as good as Tarlok twink gear.

I think it may depend on which class. I've never been too thrilled with the sorcerer tarlok gear. "of brutality" and "of security" are the two types that sorcerers do best with. For pvp you want good STR stats so your shield works well, yet tarlok only comes in "of force" or "of assault" or "of versatility" as the best versions. So I think this new gear could be better for sorcerer since it comes in "of brutality" and "of security" versions. Even if the base stats are slightly less, overall it should be better.

Crowsfoot
06-26-2014, 09:13 PM
Tarlok is also leveled by 5s. Any lvl below 10, 14, 19, 24, 29, 34, or above 31 will absolutely want the Ursoth gear.

Meemaw
06-26-2014, 09:34 PM
Yay, new twink gear :D

Morholt
06-26-2014, 10:05 PM
I think it may depend on which class. I've never been too thrilled with the sorcerer tarlok gear. "of brutality" and "of security" are the two types that sorcerers do best with. For pvp you want good STR stats so your shield works well, yet tarlok only comes in "of force" or "of assault" or "of versatility" as the best versions. So I think this new gear could be better for sorcerer since it comes in "of brutality" and "of security" versions. Even if the base stats are slightly less, overall it should be better.Ehhh, I haven't dallied around with the new pvp (warriors not being able to swap skills), but I don't think a slight buff to your shield will do much more than briefly prolong the inevitable. I don't think it'd be enough to try outlast a rogue's mana.
With equal gear & skill...I kind of feel like a lvl 10 warrior could take a lvl 15 mage. QQ

Tarlok is also leveled by 5s. Any lvl below 10, 14, 19, 24, 29, 34, or above 31 will absolutely want the Ursoth gear.Good point. 1-2 lvls below 15, 20, 25 etc should benefit from this gear. 1-2 above, though, may be better off without (meaning lvl 11s may be better off with the lvl 10 Tarlok).

Can't be too sure with lvl 35/36 "twinks." At those lvls, there is much more bonus damage going on, possibly outweighing the extra survivability...especially with those pew-pew rogues...if they can still kill you with the same number of hits, the extra life/defense is a waste.

Oh well...we'll all see soon enough!
Well, I might not...about to be too busy for much free time right as the event starts. These next 14 months are going to be long. X.X