PDA

View Full Version : Why i hate warriors in Watchers Tombs

Arrowz
06-26-2014, 05:09 PM
I recently got back into Arcane legends and over the last few weeks I have been trying to lvl my rogue to 41. After doing hundreds of watchers tomb 4 runs I started to notice that having warriors in my party rather than another rogue or mage made it worst 90 percent of the time and here is why:
- Most warriors don't lead the party so i almost always find myself having to be the one pulling mobs.
- They can't keep aggro even though have multiple forms of taunt (juggernaut and horn of renew) and myself or one of the other dps players usually tanks most of the dmg.
- They have very little damage so they aren't helping us clear faster which is what xp runs are all about, fast xp.
- I actually found myself using more potions and dying more often with a warrior in my party.
- And last but not least, I can do a better job tanking myself as a rogue than most other warriors can.

Now u may be thinking that a rogue would suck at tanking, but i have found fairly good success using the dodge buff from razor shield as well as malisons arcane ability to get roughly 67 percent dodge and combat medic for healing. I have done plenty of runs including myself as a rogue with 3 other mages and I rarely ever die except to that stupid elite boss skratch that randomly spawns. I have even received numerous pm's from people saying that i am a good rogue after tanking for the whole dungeon.

You may also be thinking that I am an idiot and that Warriors are completely necessary for things such as elite runs but im talking strictly about Watchers Tomb 4 xp runs, so if u want to make a comment about how Warriors are necessary for more difficult runs you might as well not comment at all.

Lastly, I am not saying that all warriors I have been with have been bad, some of them have been rather good. I am speaking in general about many of the warriors i have done xp runs with these last few weeks.

So if u are a warrior reading this, please figure out what you are supposed to be doing so that ypu can actually be good.

Please feel free to comment below and share your thoughts and sorry for all the ranting.

Xenobiotic
06-26-2014, 05:11 PM
I recently got back into Arcane legends and over the last few weeks I have been trying to lvl my rogue to 41. After doing hundreds of watchers tomb 4 runs I started to notice that having warriors in my party rather than another rogue or mage made it worst 90 percent of the time and here is why:
- Most warriors don't lead the party so i almost always find myself having to be the one pulling mobs.
- They can't keep aggro even though have multiple forms of taunt (juggernaut and horn of renew) and myself or one of the other dps players usually tanks most of the dmg.
- They have very little damage so they aren't helping us clear faster which is what xp runs are all about, fast xp.
- I actually found myself using more potions and dying more often with a warrior in my party.
- And last but not least, I can do a better job tanking myself as a rogue than most other warriors can.

Now u may be thinking that a rogue would suck at tanking, but i have found fairly good success using the dodge buff from razor shield as well as malisons arcane ability to get roughly 67 percent dodge and combat medic for healing. I have done plenty of runs including myself as a rogue with 3 other mages and I rarely ever die except to that stupid elite boss skratch that randomly spawns. I have even received numerous pm's from people saying that i am a good rogue after tanking for the whole dungeon.

You may also be thinking that I am an idiot and that Warriors are completely necessary for things such as elite runs but im talking strictly about Watchers Tomb 4 xp runs, so if u want to make a comment about how Warriors are necessary for more difficult runs you might as well not comment at all.

Lastly, I am not saying that all warriors I have been with have been bad, some of them have been rather good. I am speaking in general about many of the warriors i have done xp runs with these last few weeks.

Please feel free to comment below and share your thoughts and sorry for all the ranting.

You need warriors that are skilled. I leveled up to 41 one day after Tindirin release doing WT4 all day. All I did was use Alraisia's blender spec and get a good party from your guild. If you can't find a party, I suggest getting a knew guild.

Crowsfoot
06-26-2014, 05:15 PM
I am currently on and off leveling my mage. I agree, mist warriors are trash (granted I'm biased) and I end up tanking. Lol.

A few things about warriors you got wring though.

1) Jugg is not a powerful taunt skill. You would be better off with a tank using WM and HoR than HoR and Jugg.

2) Warriors can deal Hugh damage during the period VB is active. Depending on gear, they can be stronger than a rogue for mob damage (since warriors hit multiple targets).

Everything else is spot on. WT4 usually has tanks spamming CS and SS just dealing mass damage instead of doing legitimate pulls. Good tanks are hard to come by, but I will say good mages are even harder to find lately. Many mages have changed classes due to the inherit risk and difficulty of running as one. A way to increase mage survivability would definently help there.

Crowsfoot
06-26-2014, 05:17 PM
I will say, the nice thing about PUGing as a warrior is the only question in the run is speed instead if survival (assuming no one trolls).

Kakashis
06-26-2014, 05:28 PM
good warriors are hard to come by, great warriors are even more rare. WT4 you really don't need a warrior, but yes most don't do it properly. The role of the warrior is simply to keep aggro and to keep the team alive. Damage is nice to have, but absolutely not necessary.

The best WT4 warrior I ran with actually used rallycry and did proper pulls!

Doomreaper
06-26-2014, 05:29 PM
You just don't have good tanks :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Schnitzel
06-26-2014, 09:45 PM
Off topic, but whats Aggro?

On topic, try running with other Warriors, or run with all mages and/or rogues

obee
06-26-2014, 09:50 PM
I don't use warriors in wt4.

Arrowz
06-26-2014, 10:06 PM
If someone has aggro it means the mobs are focused on that person and therefore attacking him

Serancha
06-26-2014, 10:11 PM
Your whole problem is that you are using WT4. Only people who aren't up-to-date use that, which usually means players who are uninformed and therefore lacking skill.

All you need to know is here (http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?144452-Guide-The-Definitive-Guide-to-Speed-Leveling-and-Kraag-Tomb-4)

utpal
06-27-2014, 12:29 AM
doing pugs in wt4 is a joke. if u have better stuffs then NP.

and I dnt choose wars when lvling my mage lol even though I like war class XD.

but u can see war stats and then invite them.
my mage uses fire,ice,clock and shield. I solo wt4 most of the time :)

tharidom
06-27-2014, 01:55 AM
Lol when I was lvling I just mostly went in first but if a rogue or mage died they always left-_-.

Dex Scene
06-27-2014, 01:56 AM
U just haven't met a good warrior and hence u think that!!

—AshDex

Kalahesi
06-27-2014, 04:58 AM

So if u are a warrior reading this, please figure out what you are supposed to be doing so that ypu can actually be good.

Dude hit me up if you ever need a warrior, I know what you mean although it goes both ways, I've been running with players who won't pull either, so I can't be the most effective tank. I have two wars I'm leveling if you or anyone needs a good tank hit me up! I have 2.5 days left on my exp elix!!

Ravager
06-27-2014, 12:43 PM
Haha.

Conversely, I can say I get annoyed by lots of rogues on my teams in PVP.

They cry for mana. They complain and talk S the most in pvp. They tell the warrior to heal in pvp even though we just healed them. They jack all the kills. They don't drop packs even though they have a spec for packs (it usually helps the team and the warrior so he can whip out another round of heal before dying or avoid dying)

Some warriors are pvp build in a pve area and/or vice versa for other classes as well. I seen pve rogues in pvp but I go with the flow.

Azepeiete
06-27-2014, 02:35 PM
Whats a warrior?

Sheener
06-27-2014, 06:50 PM
I can run wt4 on war and help a lot lol

Classychic
06-27-2014, 10:11 PM
I love levelling with a warrior who knows what he's doing! Saves me a ton of both hp and mana pots especially when we also have a mage who does not clock prematurely. Maybe next time you can politely teach them some pulls so they can learn from you and the whole party can benefit. :)

alexdroog
06-28-2014, 01:49 AM
I am a warrior. Mages always ks.
Thats why i solo kraag tombs.
:-D

Froxanthar
06-28-2014, 05:20 AM
When me leveling my Rogue and Mage at WT4, the warriors on my team love to be a superman ( pull all the mobs ) and they died and say noob party and then they leave party. Me was like..

Grimlock here to save the universe!

Xeusx
06-28-2014, 05:22 AM
Do you know where skilled warriors love to lvling up?
Kraag Tombs.