PDA

View Full Version : Ghost strike bug??

erosion
06-26-2014, 07:34 PM
No speed bonus for Ghost Strike!!Bug or something else??

Thanks for your time!

Phantomas
06-30-2014, 07:35 AM
Im using Ghost strike also, and I do get the speed bonus. The speed bonus is small and only active for a few seconds.

Do u see a purple trail when ur walking/running after using ghost strike?, its similar to what u see when u use Shadow Dance.

doomdoomdoom
06-30-2014, 03:32 PM
Im using Ghost strike also, and I do get the speed bonus. The speed bonus is small and only active for a few seconds.

Do u see a purple trail when ur walking/running after using ghost strike?, its similar to what u see when u use Shadow Dance.

Thanks Phant...I remember hearing it was broken when it first came out....but I really thought it worked now. Glad to hear it does.

erosion
07-02-2014, 11:19 PM
Purple trail,but not faster.:suspicion:

Phantomas
07-03-2014, 02:52 AM
Purple trail,but not faster.:suspicion:

Ok, just curious how u checked and concluded that u dont get the speed bonus, did u run side by side with a friend, where u were using Ghost strike but ur friend didnt?

Mostly I charge my skills b4 attacking, try using Ghost strike with and without charging while a friend is running side by side.
Like I mentioned b4 the speed perk/bonus is small, but I did use the skill recently (yesterday) and as far as I can conclude, it works as designed.
Still If u think it doesnt, contact STS support and inform them about ur 'problem'/question.

Btw I am a pve player and for pve Ghost strike is/can b effective, as I understood Ghost strike isnt that effective in pvp.
U might consider using other skills cous the speed bonus and dmg of GS isnt that good for pvp.
Do try to charge ur skills, much more dmg (to multiple enemies) and the skill last longer.
Good luck and have fun :eagerness:

doomdoomdoom
07-03-2014, 12:06 PM
Ok, just curious how u checked and concluded that u dont get the speed bonus, did u run side by side with a friend, where u were using Ghost strike but ur friend didnt?

Interesting enough....I just did this exact thing the other night. I changed my build to get ghoststrike and I talked Kornsen and Virai into running some experiments with me. Highlights of what we observed:

ghost strike when charged gives a faster and longer lasting speed bonus than ghost strike without a charge, but both speed you up at least a tiny bit

ghost strike's speed bonus (even charged) is much less than the speed bonus you get from shadow dance, but it is also much easier to control. (With shadow dance I often run into walls, go in a direction I hadn't intended, and sometimes go flying off the map into darkness)

ghost strike not charged - shows a purple streak

ghost strike fully charged- oddly enough we didn't see a purple streak

Thanks for racing me Korn. And Vi, thank you for waving the flag and taking screenshots. ^_^

erosion
07-03-2014, 05:27 PM
Speed bonus!!!Thanks!!!