PDA

View Full Version : Take in the community🌏 appreciate before its gone [read now] look at AL different

Picklee
06-26-2014, 11:12 PM
Ok so, let me start off with this. I am a old time sts player, i play all battle games (not as frequently) and all legend games. I've been playing since sewer cap in PL, if that even means anything to anyone these days lol. <<meaning since 2010 (PL's release, first STS game) This honestly was crazy, I fell in love. I thought i was getting spoiled back then, working hard to cap, always new things. They were new at this, but so good! I bought plat, all that good stuff. Sl, PL, and DL are all great games, they were maintained... Were... ;) Anyway, think of how much sts does for this game, the are honestly so good at it. They find ways to connect with us, always keep us interested in what we do. Best community ever!

PL, SL, and DL were maintained, but nothing like AL! Im saying this in a good way, they spoil us so much! We don't even do anything for them. They have contests, always trying to find new ways for us to connect even outside of the game itself! Honestly so incredible that an app, AN APP PEOPLE, gets maintained this well, there isn't am end to the game, making new caps, mini expansions, events ig. All so good!

Now yes indeed they ask for feedback, and yes indeed we feed back damn well lol. But lets feed back all the good stuff, all the old memories, all the good this space time community has done. Let this thread be heard, I want every dev to read it.

Ill start with a memory. Now let's get this straight�� PL was da BOMB! It was my fav game BY FAR! Cinco Locos youtube videos����. It was so cool, now my fav memory was when PVP came to PL. Pvp is the best! Now none of us new how to do it, and everyone still concentrated on capping anyway. But i was so drawn into it, i didnt even cap sewer, or nuri! I just pvped and pvped. These memories are unforgettable! Guild wars, when rated M came. You think it's annoying all the drama but when you look back one day, when the game is dead (PL) and no one gets on, you will miss it. How alive the whole community was, everyone i felt like knew eachother. Everyone was nice (minus pvp) You AL players (including myself) need to take all this in, because i tell ya, its going to be gone fast. Take in all your friends, make the memories awesome! Dont just keep running elites or pvp, try it all! You never know what you will miss, it all goes in a flash ⚡️AL players are spoiled I love it �� because it gets us even more involved. The worst part about how it all disappears, is when you can't get in contact with all your ig friends. Cherish the time.

Lets thanks all these devs for their work, and new but not least! >>>Remiem, the bomb! She has changed our community haha. She is so into us! Now its her job, but she is damn gooood!!! Keep doing what you all are doing ^.^ change lives

Please leave your favorite memories, ima try to get all the dev's to post their favorite memories and their favorite things about sts on this thread

Sincerely-
Igoturpickle

Azemen
06-26-2014, 11:20 PM
So true. Be gratful for everything in life, the future is uncertain.

Arpluvial
06-26-2014, 11:24 PM
Thank you so much, that is a beautiful sentiment and we appreciate it greatly. :)

Picklee
06-26-2014, 11:25 PM
So true. Be gratful for everything in life, the future is uncertain.

Thats true, not just ig guys

Picklee
06-26-2014, 11:25 PM
Thank you so much, that is a beautiful sentiment and we appreciate it greatly. :)

You have no idea how much we appreciate it:)

utpal
06-26-2014, 11:26 PM
I have read ur post full concentration because u too are a old player.

yes pvp is best and I too didn't cap nuri lol.but my favorite expansion was AO.XD.

Picklee
06-26-2014, 11:28 PM
I have read ur post full concentration because u too are a old player.

yes pvp is best and I too didn't cap nuri lol.but my favorite expansion was AO.XD.

XD A.O. Was sick haha, prob biggest anyway ;)

Zeus
06-26-2014, 11:28 PM
Psh, don't forget the other mods! Arp is quite wonderful as well. :)

Arachnophobik
06-27-2014, 05:35 AM
This has been a real eye opener. Thanks for this.

Anarchist
06-27-2014, 05:45 AM
I thank sts for the wonderul people i was able to know and the experiences i was able to make through their games, in particular AL.

epicrrr
06-27-2014, 06:14 AM
Time does fly fast on the world of arlor, I started when we were being besieged by those pirate dudes on pier then next thing you know dragons are on the loose! Not to mention the dude who wants to take over Shuyal, and dam he's still a pain in the *** to beat!

There was once a time on arena (10-12) where everyone greeted each other. Good ol'times :)

Helicopter
06-27-2014, 07:09 AM
This makes my brain cry. I remember when I deleted my alt with a Winterfest Suit because I thought vanities would never be tradeable or transferable. :') I also remember when Malison was boss. Or that time We all liquidated heraldics from good 'ol Daily Rewards (Or was that just me?). And most of all, my first ever sale, when I sold Horton in 2 Mins for 30k.

Wutzgood
06-27-2014, 08:09 AM
I have to agree with this topic. I've never been into a game as much as I have with this one. After this long I still can't get enough lol. Thanks again to the sts team for providing such a great game.

As far as memories go I know there were 3 people that started me on my Mage gear collection quest. The first was someone standing in stronghold wearing poseidons lucky armor and a kraken skewer. Can't remember their name but after seeing that set I had to have it.

The second was juicymango wearing blue founders armor. It was the first time I had seen that set and it started my quest to get the old discontinued sets.

The third was zapah who was in my guild GOC at the time and he had a huge collection of Mage gear and was always teaching me the names of sets I didn't have.

I have to thank those 3 people especially because collecting gear has become main focus in this game and it keeps me playing.

GoodSyntax
06-27-2014, 09:50 AM
Completely agree - this community is vibrant and alive, and the developers are engaged, which is a terrific thing!

I have been around since the Alien Oasis expansion in PL, and I remember running Plasma Pyramid and eventually Victory Lap non stop, getting lots of great pinks. I remember farming Hooch hats whenever I got tired of running the same two maps. PL was such an innovative game and every town was populated with great people. Back then, the Devs were regulars in the game with unannounced giveaways and events all the time!

Though AL is technically the focus, I really do miss my PL days. I was in a wonderful guild (shoutout to my Wolfpack!!!) and no map was safe from our aggressive farming. AL doesn't seem to have the same connection with me, but I still think this is a terrific game and I love my guild (Elite Runners). I enjoy running elites, which PL really didn't have, and I like the fact that AL translates to the PC far better than PL ever could - mostly because of having 12 different skills available in PL.

Bosses in PL were much more innovative, many with their own unique strategies to beat them (Overlord, Gurgox, Cockroach, Sewer King and Queen, etc). PL even had a few impossibru maps in Shadow Caves, where folks 20 levels higher than when it was released still couldn't finish the maps, so good parties were rewarded with some truly elite gear (Shadow sets). PL also had set bonuses, single and party combo's and other unique features which never carried into AL.

Unfortunately, PL became a pay-to-win game in the form of Thrasher Elixirs, Shamrock Elixirs (100% reroll), Classy looter and a multitude of other elixirs which turned noobs into OP juggernauts. Then, turnstile dungeons with plat entrance fees were introduced (Nuri's turnstile and the Humania turnstile) where some really unique (and silly) gear was available, but only if you paid to enter.

I truly miss the great runs with some of the pro players who knew how to fight and when to use their skills. Running vampire feast non-stop was a blast!

DL had it's own charm, and was unique, but the lack of development turned the game into a fashion show, because I was constantly out of energy and couldn't enter maps without paying for more energy (which is why I am not a fan of the new event system here...). I never managed to get the runic axe, but it was a fun prelude to AL nonetheless.

AL has been wonderful, and I have retired from the other games, but I'm starting to see the same pay-to-win developing that killed PL's community. The high water mark in AL, for me at least, was probably the Dead City expansion. Back then, skill was rewarded, and elite loot was worth a lot. Skill and perseverance were rewarded and there wasn't much, if any, drama in the game. This was back before Locked Crates, Mythic and Arcane gear were released. People played the main spine of the game and forums were actually a place of useful information (instead of the PvP drama that I see every day).

Remiem
06-27-2014, 11:54 AM
Wow, Pickle! Thank you so much for making this thread. :D It really just made my day. I am so lucky to be in a community as amazing as this one. I spend more time with this community than my own family every week and I can't think of anywhere else I'd rather spend it.

My fondest memory so far would probably have to beee....the 24 Hour Gaming Marathon for 8-bit salute. So many came out to play me me and the other guys at STS. It was so awesome to really be able to sit down and actually play alongside you rather than just quick guild visits here and there.

My very first guild visit was another great memory. I believe it was to Resilience, if I'm not mistaken. They made me feel so welcome and made a bunch of screenshots. I felt like a celebrity!

Love you guys. <3

Evicted
06-27-2014, 02:31 PM
I thought your first visit was The untouchables in Star legends lol when's I invited you

And I know this is a little Personal but please give time to your family they're the best in this world <3 will never come back :)

utpal
06-27-2014, 02:32 PM
Completely agree - this community is vibrant and alive, and the developers are engaged, which is a terrific thing!

I have been around since the Alien Oasis expansion in PL, and I remember running Plasma Pyramid and eventually Victory Lap non stop, getting lots of great pinks. I remember farming Hooch hats whenever I got tired of running the same two maps. PL was such an innovative game and every town was populated with great people. Back then, the Devs were regulars in the game with unannounced giveaways and events all the time!

Though AL is technically the focus, I really do miss my PL days. I was in a wonderful guild (shoutout to my Wolfpack!!!) and no map was safe from our aggressive farming. AL doesn't seem to have the same connection with me, but I still think this is a terrific game and I love my guild (Elite Runners). I enjoy running elites, which PL really didn't have, and I like the fact that AL translates to the PC far better than PL ever could - mostly because of having 12 different skills available in PL.

Bosses in PL were much more innovative, many with their own unique strategies to beat them (Overlord, Gurgox, Cockroach, Sewer King and Queen, etc). PL even had a few impossibru maps in Shadow Caves, where folks 20 levels higher than when it was released still couldn't finish the maps, so good parties were rewarded with some truly elite gear (Shadow sets). PL also had set bonuses, single and party combo's and other unique features which never carried into AL.

Unfortunately, PL became a pay-to-win game in the form of Thrasher Elixirs, Shamrock Elixirs (100% reroll), Classy looter and a multitude of other elixirs which turned noobs into OP juggernauts. Then, turnstile dungeons with plat entrance fees were introduced (Nuri's turnstile and the Humania turnstile) where some really unique (and silly) gear was available, but only if you paid to enter.

I truly miss the great runs with some of the pro players who knew how to fight and when to use their skills. Running vampire feast non-stop was a blast!

DL had it's own charm, and was unique, but the lack of development turned the game into a fashion show, because I was constantly out of energy and couldn't enter maps without paying for more energy (which is why I am not a fan of the new event system here...). I never managed to get the runic axe, but it was a fun prelude to AL nonetheless.

AL has been wonderful, and I have retired from the other games, but I'm starting to see the same pay-to-win developing that killed PL's community. The high water mark in AL, for me at least, was probably the Dead City expansion. Back then, skill was rewarded, and elite loot was worth a lot. Skill and perseverance were rewarded and there wasn't much, if any, drama in the game. This was back before Locked Crates, Mythic and Arcane gear were released. People played the main spine of the game and forums were actually a place of useful information (instead of the PvP drama that I see every day).

wow. that's nice. so elaborate.
victory lap is the best map. :) nvr got bored there.
also u forgot to mention Vlad the OP boss lol.
and u need combo elix with thrashers to beat shadow caves.

I hope sts makes bonus stats when eqquip a set.

Picklee
06-27-2014, 03:38 PM

i agree totally, AL should look to add some of that :)

Dex Scene
06-27-2014, 04:14 PM
Great thread!! Thanks STS. I am out of thanks!! Else, I would have thanked all of the posts here

—AshDex