PDA

View Full Version : My thoughts on the Economy and how it needs work

sawja
06-27-2014, 06:20 AM
Attention STS staff and player base.
As a paying customer of lets just say over $50..
I would hope that you at least heed this advice from one who' has played mmorpg's for over 20 years more than moderately.
These weekend event's are (one sided) only targeted to the collection of $$$ from the players.
I've been playing for 5 or so months now and to spend all i've earned to get 1 pet? Economy broke much?
To be Equal in some degree on the playing field and to address all player based players/Economy issues.
Please consider for example offering Locked Crate key's to drop in loot tables of Boss's.
We feel like all we are doing is working harder to collect the locked crates for the paying players who are paying at an all time low of only 6k a crate...
For one guild member of mine he farmed all day with lepre pendant and elixir he got an average of 20 per day at around 130-140k per day of just SOLID game play farming.
IT would also offer another option for players to farm for to sell the key's in auction for another way to earn gold.
The problem is some of us are mothers and father's who have a life outside the game. And cant devote full solid attention like this.
And some would like to offer donations but on same level spend it to feed their families.
You have a great game here hence why I chose to donate some of that hard earned money.
I would ask you in return to please show the courtesy of relaxing the loot table some of spicing up ways for people to farm gold.
I mean a level 41 piece of legendary armor should not be cheaper than lower level gear in common sense terms of in game economy.
People are farming to death breckenridge/Goldmine utilizing the very few options they have to get rich.
Locked crates as a mode for income is depleting in an ethical option of gold income!
Pet egg's drop rarely enough they are harder to come by...
Maybe some Green text Set gear's when more pieces are worn more bonus stat's are unlocked from the gear?
I don't want to half to play the game for over a year plus to say that I got a couple valuable pets because some were unavailable and or were only through payment methods...
So again in closing consider a "Locked Grand Crate Key" item drop in the loot table and or the new lock crate key as well in drops. People would appreciate being able to utilize some of that loot they worked hard for.

Thanks for your time,

~Fathermerlin

Kalahesi
06-27-2014, 07:44 AM
I like your idea

mishafeng
06-29-2014, 03:59 PM
me too

iluminatic
06-29-2014, 04:40 PM
Great

Serancha
06-29-2014, 06:11 PM
I like this idea.

BTW the all time crate low price was around 1200 gold. People were giving them away at that point, just to get them out of inventory.

Alhuntrazeck
06-29-2014, 09:40 PM
I like this idea.

BTW the all time crate low price was around 1200 gold. People were giving them away at that point, just to get them out of inventory.

I remember them being 1k and possibly 500g outside cs, might be mistaken though.

Serancha
06-29-2014, 10:26 PM
Yeah it was something like that. I remember people handing them out just to get rid of them. If we only knew.....

ibighunk
06-30-2014, 01:09 AM
Drop key frm bosses to opening locks is gud idea. :)

Alhuntrazeck
06-30-2014, 05:44 AM
Yeah it was something like that. I remember people handing them out just to get rid of them. If we only knew.....

To this day I remember a friend of mine moaning about how we couldn't liquidate chests (and followed up with gifting me about 10 of the junk)...the good ole days. :')

Andrisber
06-30-2014, 01:08 PM
+1!

Samhayne
06-30-2014, 01:41 PM
Thanks for taking the time to post your viewpoint. We appreciate the feedback.

Jenvy
06-30-2014, 02:01 PM
So again in closing consider a "Locked Grand Crate Key" item drop in the loot table and or the new lock crate key as well in drops.

I love the idea, but it will never get implemented as it would seriously cut back on STS' cash influx. The whole point of these energy restricted events with exclusive prizes is to tempt people into buying and spending huge amounts of plat in a short period of time.

sawja
07-01-2014, 05:48 PM
Jenvy I appreciate your viewpoint as well. Sts has abilities to make cash flow per say as a canal. If they design a new form of influx for cash to flow in other avenues that were once used as money makers could be utilized by players creating a balance at the same time allowing a more fair playing field. Atm its basically who has the most bucks into it...