PDA

View Full Version : Is Dual Spec any good for PVP?

Echelong
01-05-2011, 08:49 AM
I leveled my mage and got Cyber Cosmos and Rift gear. I am currently Dual Spec 126/127. I was wondering if for pvp it is better to go with dual spec or change it to 158str/95int? Cyber cosmos is great for pve but I am not sure about the pvp part. I have only tried it a couple of times.

But combos don't seem to kill fast enough and birds keep killing them before me -_-.

Current combo is Drainlife>Frost Bite>Firestorm. And then lighting frost (AOE)forgot the name.

I am pretty new to the pvping part of this game and this is not the same as WoW who I used to pvp with a rouge and Shaman. From what I see birds rule the pvp arena since in the few games I played all the top killers where birds then Pallys and warriors last.

DawnInfinity
01-05-2011, 09:04 AM
I have contemplated playing as dual spec, but I decided to stay mostly an in-between spec with a little more str than int for durability. I could help you with pally combos, but for pure int it's all about speed. Buff BOM, BOV, Mana Shield, Debuffs, and your drainlife / frostbite / firestorm combo. That's what I would personally do.

Echelong
01-05-2011, 09:23 AM
Thanks for the advice. I will try the combos you suggest.

I will try at least 158str/95int and see how much more life and survivability vs damage I gain/lose. The main problem is after a few hits you have no mana and mana regen with rift sucks lol. After I have no mana I am just a rusty old tank without any ammunition running around like a headless chicken.

Zerious
01-05-2011, 03:39 PM
My advice, if you're gonna go rift, go mininmum str, would mean keeping your current build. Get your hands on lower leveled str pinks and boost your stats so that they meet the requirement for the rift set, (the less base str you have the better). The reason for this is because int supercharges your spells, plus you get more mana (not sure about m/s. If someone else could add which number after 95 int boosts your base m/s, that would help.) The rift set gives you the massive amount of armor you need plus all the h/s. The loss of str points will affect your armor count, but on the flipside you heal for more, and drain for more. Max health loss should be considered.

The other way you could go would be the cosmos set, following the same concept as mentioned above. You'd get plenty h/s and m/s, better max health for a cosmos mage, and a bit more armor. Not to mention you're ranged in this build. You'd loose out on a bit of max mana, and you wouldn't have NEARLY as much armor and h/s as rift, but it's up to you.

The main reason why I suggest dual spec, is because of the balance of base stats. It REALLY makes a difference in low level pvp, and I'm thinking it's an even bigger difference in higher level pvp, since there are more stat points involved. correct me if I'm wrong there.

Zerious

Echelong
01-05-2011, 03:47 PM
I am already dual spec with full rift/Cyber Cosmos with doll and Laser wand. Even with full rift I lose 2h/s compared to full cyber and lose about 11 or 12 m/s. I do gain more HP and Armor. I will be trying both I respeced my skills up a bit and its working better.

Djinn80
01-11-2011, 05:21 PM
I was discouraged to PVP when my DexBear was one shotted by a lvl 50 archer.. Is it possible to dual wield dex/str at lvl 50? Maybe I'll go ahead and lvl up if so. Lvl 20 pvp is more fun since battles actually last a few rounds.

pretticlan
01-11-2011, 05:26 PM
I was discouraged to PVP when my DexBear was one shotted by a lvl 50 archer.. Is it possible to dual wield dex/str at lvl 50? Maybe I'll go ahead and lvl up if so. Lvl 20 pvp is more fun since battles actually last a few rounds.

with the new update with bears being stronger, u can dual wield with a bear