PDA

View Full Version : 50 rift bear rawr...

Burningdex
06-28-2014, 05:32 PM
how do they fare ill keep it simple i sold very item i own and had enuff for a rift set , i really want a high kd toon so what am i doing.., yes , im making a beR 50:(

how does rift bear do tho? laar said dodge is needed so idk plqx said they destroy

programmed
06-28-2014, 05:35 PM
how do they fare ill keep it simple i sold very item i own and had enuff for a rift set , i really want a high kd toon so what am i doing.., yes , im making a beR 50:(

how does rift bear do tho? laar said dodge is needed so idk plqx said they destroy as did scary

Maybe you should re-read the pm, I said I never tried it so idk how they do not that they "destroy". I've seen very few of them, most bears just go 51.

Rescind
06-28-2014, 05:45 PM
Yesaaaa 51 bears just troll you to death with dodge

Burningdex
06-28-2014, 05:49 PM
ye mis read xD

rift still looks fun idc bears shouldnt have to rely on dodge

Rescind
06-28-2014, 08:44 PM
Just go full dex lol

Vvriter
06-28-2014, 09:02 PM
Rift bears are terrible/decent. Their damage output is bad & the sword doesn't even have a proc. Just buy a sunblessed bow + some dex void pieces and you'll do much better than with a Rift Set.

Laar
06-28-2014, 09:08 PM
^^ I tried to tell him, but he still wouldn't give in

Burningdex
06-28-2014, 09:21 PM
omfg

rift sword has more dmg than ff sowrd

rift shield is better than ff as well

wut do u want me to do doe im also savi for void mb set so i have both

Vvriter
06-28-2014, 09:36 PM
FF Sword is the weaker version of melee weapons in that range. Swords in general are bad for weapons unless at a much lower level with plat packs. As for the shield, you want to be killing, not tanking, you won't develop a KD if all you do is sit and tank dmg. Use the Sunblessed Bow, it's cheap and a relatively good weapon for what it's worth.

synfullmagic_23110
06-28-2014, 09:39 PM
Lmao you sold every item for rift set? Kay you should try to farm sometime

fourleaf
06-28-2014, 09:40 PM
It's about debuffing rather than just dodging and autoing like many bear builds

synfullmagic_23110
06-28-2014, 09:41 PM
It's about debuffing rather than just dodging and autoing like many bear builds

thats for L66+ pvp and maybe low level 20-30? pvp

Burningdex
06-28-2014, 10:03 PM
dont get me wrong ik how to play bears :)

@syn most of my 30 stuff i still got some other stuff

Rescind
06-28-2014, 10:35 PM
I use 6taunt for lvl30 bear just because yolo

Burningdex
06-28-2014, 10:48 PM
screw dis im making str/ int rift pally

Vvriter
06-28-2014, 10:50 PM

lol that's even worse than bear...

Burningdex
06-28-2014, 11:01 PM

not really

Vvriter
06-28-2014, 11:10 PM
not really

Unless you are facing birds/foxes all day, it's really bad.

Burningdex
06-28-2014, 11:44 PM

u tried it .. no come back when you have :)

and do you have a 50 (just asking)

i enjoy pally and im making one hate all you want

Vvriter
06-29-2014, 12:03 AM

I have tried it. I've done every level of twinks for bears, mages, & birds with most of the different stat-based pink/purple gears with the exceptions of Lv75-76. Also, who's hating? I'm trying to help you out. Taking my advice is a choice, if you want to be a paladin, be my guest. However just know I've played PL for roughly 4 years+, I've experienced a lot.

Burningdex
06-29-2014, 12:16 AM
ok srill making one others have siad it was good from a diff thread

Vvriter
06-29-2014, 12:31 AM

As stated, "maybe if all you're going to be fighting is birds and foxes". However be my guest, good luck with your mage!

Reunegade
06-29-2014, 12:53 PM
Golly, he made a thread on help NOT A SERMON on right or wrong. Go away if you're not going to help. And 50 rift bear is amazing, unlike many of the opinions of you guys who have never tried it. Check out my death bear guide, it has many things that also work with rift.

Elegants
06-29-2014, 03:55 PM
I dont see 50 rift bear lately soo goodluck lol .

Vvriter
06-29-2014, 04:15 PM

how does rift bear do tho? laar said dodge is needed so idk plqx said they destroy

Rift bears are terrible/decent. Their damage output is bad & the sword doesn't even have a proc. Just buy a sunblessed bow + some dex void pieces and you'll do much better than with a Rift Set.

omfg

rift sword has more dmg than ff sowrd

rift shield is better than ff as well

wut do u want me to do doe im also savi for void mb set so i have both

FF Sword is the weaker version of melee weapons in that range. Swords in general are bad for weapons unless at a much lower level with plat packs. As for the shield, you want to be killing, not tanking, you won't develop a KD if all you do is sit and tank dmg. Use the Sunblessed Bow, it's cheap and a relatively good weapon for what it's worth.

not really

I have tried it. I've done every level of twinks for bears, mages, & birds with most of the different stat-based pink/purple gears with the exceptions of Lv75-76. Also, who's hating? I'm trying to help you out. Taking my advice is a choice, if you want to be a paladin, be my guest. However just know I've played PL for roughly 4 years+, I've experienced a lot.

As stated, "maybe if all you're going to be fighting is birds and foxes". However be my guest, good luck with your mage!

Golly, he made a thread on help NOT A SERMON on right or wrong. Go away if you're not going to help. And 50 rift bear is amazing, unlike many of the opinions of you guys who have never tried it. Check out my death bear guide, it has many things that also work with rift.

Since you actually believe that I wasn't "helping" and made a "SERMON on right or wrong", I advise you to read all of that. I was helping him. The thread was originally about his 50 rift bear and him wanting to obtain a high KD. I gave him several posts that held advice, and like I said - I have tried it. He also swapped midway of the thread's comments from a 50 rift bear to a 50 rift mage, which I said wasn't a good choice seeing how he wants to obtain a high KD. He also met me in game through sheer coincidence, and we somewhat discussed what gear would be a good choice for him at 51 on a bear. We agreed towards SK Bow, RS Helm, RS Armor because the FF Axe (Axe is better than Sword for all you ignorant players out there) & Shield is honestly just for looks and regen, & that he really doesn't have the funds for a full set. So please, before quickly responding towards one message I made, read everything first, it'll help you big time in the future. :biggrin:

I dont see 50 rift bear lately soo goodluck lol .

I lol'd

Burningdex
06-29-2014, 05:08 PM
im listening to reun :) i have high respect for him and he actually has a rift bear so im gonna try it idc about high kd its just good for looks

Vvriter
06-29-2014, 06:02 PM
im listening to reun :) i have high respect for him and he actually has a rift bear so im gonna try it idc about high kd its just good for looks

I have a 50 Sent Bear coming soon, I hope to see you there. :eagerness:

Reunegade
06-29-2014, 06:10 PM
PM me, I'll give you a mini-guide that could help you :)

I have a 50 Sent Bear coming soon, I hope to see you there. :eagerness:
Nice, despite what many people say it is actually very good. If you need help you can also PM me, I know a couple of good techniques.

Reunegade
06-29-2014, 06:12 PM
Since you actually believe that I wasn't "helping" and made a "SERMON on right or wrong", I advise you to read all of that. I was helping him. The thread was originally about his 50 rift bear and him wanting to obtain a high KD. I gave him several posts that held advice, and like I said - I have tried it. He also swapped midway of the thread's comments from a 50 rift bear to a 50 rift mage, which I said wasn't a good choice seeing how he wants to obtain a high KD. He also met me in game through sheer coincidence, and we somewhat discussed what gear would be a good choice for him at 51 on a bear. We agreed towards SK Bow, RS Helm, RS Armor because the FF Axe (Axe is better than Sword for all you ignorant players out there) & Shield is honestly just for looks and regen, & that he really doesn't have the funds for a full set. So please, before quickly responding towards one message I made, read everything first, it'll help you big time in the future. :biggrin:

I lol'd
By the way, Axe is not better than Sword and I am not an ignorant player. Sword has a rather larger skill DMG output than Axe and Axe's DPS does not justify the cost of skill DMG on Sword.

And also, he needs help on l50 rift bear. However, he does NOT need your opinion on whether or not it is a good/bad level for bear.

Vvriter
06-29-2014, 06:22 PM
PM me, I'll give you a mini-guide that could help you :)

Nice, despite what many people say it is actually very good. If you need help you can also PM me, I know a couple of good techniques.

Yeah, I'm going to make it when I sell my lower level twink gears, hopefully soon. Thanks for the offer but I know pretty much everything there is to know about Bears.

Burningdex
06-29-2014, 06:24 PM
see vv i told you sword was better >.>

Vvriter
06-29-2014, 06:36 PM
By the way, Axe is not better than Sword and I am not an ignorant player. Sword has a rather larger skill DMG output than Axe and Axe's DPS does not justify the cost of skill DMG on Sword.

And also, he needs help on l50 rift bear. However, he does NOT need your opinion on whether or not it is a good/bad level for bear.

Ok, I just checked the differences between FF Sword 51, and FF Axe 51. Here are the results:
Everything is the same except for damage-dps- and atk speed, AXE BEATS SWORD in Maximum Dmg by 10, and Dps by 19, as well at attack speed by 0.9 > 1.0 (0.1) compared to sword.
Sword is not better than axe in anyway except in minimum dmg by 3.
Would you rather have Maximum Dmg +10, DPS +19, and Attack speed 0.1 faster (as in 0.9 > 1.0) or with sword - slower auto attacks (0.9 < 1.0) , and only 3 more dmg in the minimum?
Check CS for the comparisons between FF Sword 51 and FF Axe 51, because I don't think you've ever used these items before, or just haven't compared them to eachother.

Also, isn't that the point of him making the thread? to get people's judgements...AKA Opinions? Most of what I stated wasn't even opinions anyway, they were raw facts.

Vvriter
06-29-2014, 06:43 PM
see vv i told you sword was better >.>

You falsely believe Sword is better than Axe just because of what your friends tell you. I suggest you get both of these items and compare for yourself, or look for them both in the Consignment Store. Axe is better than Sword by FAR.

Burningdex
06-29-2014, 06:49 PM
sword>axe as a bear you need skills damage as auto does nothing if they arent close since 2010 sword has always had more skill damage idk why but it just does

plus sowrd looks better

and im maing rift not 51 cuz im poor as f

Sheugokin
06-29-2014, 06:51 PM
Gosh what is the point of arguing. I just don't get it.

Stop being so stuck-up and arrogant and let poor bunr do whatever he wants.

Btw, EVERYONE can always use some help even if you claim you know everything about bears at that level. Just saying, but there will always be someone better than you<----- famous line said by my mom. So everyone can use some help. Reun being very good a sentinel bear can use some help from someone better, maybe not now but maybe in the future. Just keep your mind open and don't be stubborn.

Vvriter
06-29-2014, 07:12 PM
sword>axe as a bear you need skills damage as auto does nothing if they arent close since 2010 sword has always had more skill damage idk why but it just does

plus sowrd looks better

and im maing rift not 51 cuz im poor as f

Repeating myself is so pointless, but I'll do it anyways. Sword was maybe better in 2010 because no one had the "Show Stats" option. Axe has more maximum damage, attack speed, and dps than Sword...all sword has is 3 minimum dmg more compared to axe's 10 maximum damage,faster attack speed, and 15 more dps. Let me say it again, AXE has MORE MAXIMUM DAMAGE, attack speed, and dps than SWORD...all sword has is 3 MINIMUM DMG more compared to AXE'S 10 MAXIMUM DAMAGE, faster attack speed, and 15 more dps.

AXE BEATS SWORD in Maximum Dmg by 10, and Dps by 19, as well at attack speed by 0.9 > 1.0 (0.1) compared to sword.
Sword is not better than axe in any way except in minimum dmg by 3.
Would you rather have Maximum Dmg +10, DPS +19, and Attack speed 0.1 faster (as in 0.9 > 1.0) or with sword - slower auto attacks (0.9 < 1.0) , and only 3 more dmg in the minimum?

Vvriter
06-29-2014, 07:17 PM
Gosh what is the point of arguing. I just don't get it.

Stop being so stuck-up and arrogant and let poor bunr do whatever he wants.

Btw, EVERYONE can always use some help even if you claim you know everything about bears at that level. Just saying, but there will always be someone better than you<----- famous line said by my mom. So everyone can use some help. Reun being very good a sentinel bear can use some help from someone better, maybe not now but maybe in the future. Just keep your mind open and don't be stubborn.

No one is forcing "bunr" to do anything. He can do whatever he feels, as said in my quote. Also, I didn't claim I knew everything about bears, I said I knew most. I've played this game for 4 years+ I think I can handle my own. Especially seeing how I was the best Bear on multiple level increments in the older days. Also, I'm not being stubborn, I thanked him for offering me help, and simply declined. It's really not an argument, just a simple debate.

Burningdex
06-29-2014, 07:29 PM
94168941699417094171told you to trust me

Vvriter
06-29-2014, 07:43 PM
94168941699417094171told you to trust me

Is that going to be your 50 Bear? I hope you use Blacksmith :/.

Burningdex
06-29-2014, 07:47 PM
yes, was proving tht sword has more skill dmg

Vvriter
06-29-2014, 07:51 PM
yes, was proving tht sword has more skill dmg

Try doing that with FF.

synfullmagic_23110
06-29-2014, 08:03 PM
Last time I cheeked sword has more skill DMG

<3

Reunegade
06-29-2014, 08:35 PM
FF Sword vs. FF Axe...L53 edition because I don't want to pay 300k to do a level 51 comparison
http://i1314.photobucket.com/albums/t564/ibessrry/43fdce52cee304acc12beccfedaae329_zpse0530660.jpg

As you can see, you lose 4 damage on the low end and gain 9 damage on the high end and gain 19 DPS.

Now look at FF Sword skill DMG (Stomp):
http://i1314.photobucket.com/albums/t564/ibessrry/81c76480f75a74b9af90817a692f9b9b_zps6c8771f5.jpg

And FF Axe skill DMG (Stomp):
http://i1314.photobucket.com/albums/t564/ibessrry/72d9c69073958b6b0c3ff681c7f99d32_zps1477d1af.jpg

As you can see, FF Sword gets 11 damage added on both ends. That means for every stomp you do, you do an additional 11 damage on average. This is crucial because, you do not always have the range for extra auto damage. 10 meters on stomp and 11 damage extra is crucial.

Burningdex
06-29-2014, 08:50 PM
thank you reun^

Laar
06-29-2014, 09:00 PM
11 damage could decide the match guise, dun underestimate plspls

Vvriter
06-29-2014, 09:07 PM
Oh you are right. Sword does have more damage in skill description, :disillusionment:. - Checked myself.

Vvriter
06-29-2014, 09:15 PM
11 damage could decide the match guise, dun underestimate plspls

Yes but you all are also forgetting Autos, Axe has 0.9 compared to Sword's 1.0. Autos can also decide the match, if Axes attack faster, they can get a lot more damage in, as well as Auto Attacks. Axes are better for close fights imo, but I believe Swords are the better weapon now. BUT How come Swords have better skill damage when Axes have better stats? This makes no sense.

programmed
06-29-2014, 09:20 PM
BUT How come Swords have better skill damage when Axes have better stats? This makes no sense.

No, it doesn't make sense, I've wondered this also for the past 2 years why it is. It would be more logical for the item with more base damage to have more damage with skills.

Burningdex
06-29-2014, 09:51 PM
oh well sword looks better as well

iiBest
06-30-2014, 01:28 AM
Sword is better vs mages/burds/foxes maybe rhinos where u will use more skills than autos usually, and axe is better vs bears.

Reunegade
06-30-2014, 07:31 AM
Okay. So, basically (without giving your brain seizures), usually a weapon with high DPS has generally lower skill damage. Some are not the case though, like the Gurgox Hammer. A weapon with less DPS but higher base damage will generally give higher skill damage.

Vvriter
06-30-2014, 08:51 AM
Okay. So, basically (without giving your brain seizures), usually a weapon with high DPS has generally lower skill damage. Some are not the case though, like the Gurgox Hammer. A weapon with less DPS but higher base damage will generally give higher skill damage.

I believe that is false for Swords (First Sentence), they have this type of effect where it shows lower damage, but in reality it's a lot more powerful. After realizing what "special powers" Swords have, I've tested multiple Swords on Lv.40, such as the Alien Oasis ones and they have High-Dps stats, but their skill damage is incredible regardless of what stats say. However you are right, (Second Sentence) items with a significant amount of damage can be the better weapons, usually weapons that you can't wear shields with or special event items such as the Reaper.

Vvriter
06-30-2014, 08:53 AM
Sword is better vs mages/burds/foxes maybe rhinos where u will use more skills than autos usually, and axe is better vs bears.

I think Swords are only better vs Mages/Birds, I'd take the Axe vs Rhino/Bear/Fox or anything that doesn't use a ranged weapon most of the time.

Reunegade
06-30-2014, 10:40 AM
I believe that is false for Swords (First Sentence), they have this type of effect where it shows lower damage, but in reality it's a lot more powerful. After realizing what "special powers" Swords have, I've tested multiple Swords on Lv.40, such as the Alien Oasis ones and they have High-Dps stats, but their skill damage is incredible regardless of what stats say. However you are right, (Second Sentence) items with a significant amount of damage can be the better weapons, usually weapons that you can't wear shields with or special event items such as the Reaper.
Doesn't matter what type of item it is. A L40 sword can be different than a L51 sword.

Vvriter
06-30-2014, 11:07 AM
Doesn't matter what type of item it is. A L40 sword can be different than a L51 sword.

The L40 was an example, this works for multiple Swords (See Burningdex's pictures). Swords can be different but they still carry on the same effect of having very good damage, regardless of what stats say.