PDA

View Full Version : Best merches...

Meemaw
06-30-2014, 10:43 PM
I'm starting a new thread, feel free to share your stories! ;)

My best merches:

Forerunner Armor (Warr.) for 1k.
Steel Commando Helmet (Sorc.) for 7k.
Betrayers Vanity Armor (Warr.) for 2.5k.
Steel Hereldric Set (Rog.) for 6k.
3 Locked for 2k each. (When they were 10k each)
Wurmtongue Egg for 70k. (or 80 or 90, don't remember exact price of this one)

Post your best merches in the comment section below! ;)

utpal
06-30-2014, 10:47 PM
my only best merch was lep that I bought at 100k when it was 250k+

and all ur above items, I got from chest.

Zylx
06-30-2014, 10:49 PM
Lvl 8 Storm Sword b> 1,500,000 s> 2,000,000 +500,000

Rogue Steel Commando Vanity Set b> ~1,200,000 s> 1,800,000 +600,000

Zeus
06-30-2014, 11:27 PM
When arcane shard was first released and before the price spiked, I picked one up for 53.5m, spend a few mil crafting Tarlok wind gems with it and then reselling it for 100m.

My other one was mythic daggers, constantly buying and selling them and making a minimum of 1.5m per resell. I've bought and sold about 30 pairs to date.

Anarchist
06-30-2014, 11:58 PM
I'm starting a new thread, feel free to share your stories! ;)

My best merches:

Forerunner Armor (Warr.) for 1k.
Steel Commando Helmet (Sorc.) for 7k.
Betrayers Vanity Armor (Warr.) for 2.5k.
Steel Hereldric Set (Rog.) for 6k.
3 Locked for 2k each. (When they were 10k each)
Wurmtongue Egg for 70k. (or 80 or 90, don't remember exact price of this one)

Post your best merches in the comment section below! ;)

Sounds more like scams than merchs to me, but before everybody parade themselves i wanted to ask a couple questions:
#1 How do you merch without scamming or lowballing?
#2 And whats the limit before its considered a scam?(if there is a limit)

nelson131
07-01-2014, 12:25 AM
LoL lowballing......
well a got 10 or so prances in tarok event for 30k and resold em for 100k each. 3X price rise for each one.
also....crafted and bought about 50 wind and wisdom gems each.... all resold for 80k or somethin......

Zeus
07-01-2014, 12:51 AM
Sounds more like scams than merchs to me, but before everybody parade themselves i wanted to ask a couple questions:
#1 How do you merch without scamming or lowballing?
#2 And whats the limit before its considered a scam?(if there is a limit)

There is way more to merchanting then simply buying low and selling high. Does that work? Sure. However, you'll make way more by buying and selling during times of high demand and inflation. Additionally, you won't feel as bad that you've ripped somebody off because all you're really doing is giving them a slightly inflated price of current market value.

Sure, there are rare opportunities for this but when there are - keep them quiet until you make your money or you have bought enough of your product. After that, you can tell people what you are investing in. Nick Kramer, anyone?

I just mentioned a few items that I did this to but there are certainly more than that and at much cheaper prices as well.

Mortalninja
07-01-2014, 01:09 AM
I think the best merch I've ever did was a amulet of Doom for 80k, when I sold it like for 250k
So I got +170k

EDIT: I dont even know how that low lvl player had it... he was lvl 16 and looked really noob

Flamberge
07-01-2014, 01:15 AM
Heraldic junks. It was free from Klaas. Well it worth a couple of mil now. If not more..

Energizeric
07-01-2014, 01:37 AM
Back when mythic armor was around 7-10m, I found a warrior mythic armor in the auction for 200k. Ended up trading it for the sorcerer mythic armor (which I still have) and 2m.

Also, bought over 100 Tarlok "of Fitness" warrior armors and helms -- bought all of them for less than 1k each during the event, then sold them off in prices ranging from 20k-90k each after waiting around 3 months.

Arachnophobik
07-01-2014, 05:37 AM
a devourer maul (14) for 100 gold back when it was about 36k

kurd4ever
07-01-2014, 06:34 AM
Pretty many but here is some

Mythic rogue armour for 8k when it was 6-7m found in auction maybe destiny idk..
Arcane staff at first week it came out bought for 34m+1 hjaw sold for 71m
Rogue lvl 2 rare heraldic set 1m sold for 8,5m

And few others but i dont remember my profit amount on them

Layzi
07-01-2014, 06:43 AM
samael egg 12.5m back when it was 18m sold 17m :) over 4.5 profit :)

Rare
07-01-2014, 06:54 AM
I love how everyone lists how they rip people off and say it was a good merch.

Reunegade
07-01-2014, 07:17 AM
I bought Wild Talismans of Will x10 for 550k and sold them all in CS for 650k. I was quite happy!

Bangbam
07-01-2014, 08:33 AM
smelly helm for for free and sold for 110

Sorcerie
07-01-2014, 09:54 AM
Well, here's an example of a bad merch or a clever one you decide...

This happened to me just a day ago, and thankfully i know how to spot a merc when I see one, but for those of you who don't here's a lesson in merching.

I listed a fairly expensive item in the CS fully slotted with normal gems just 10k under the highest asking price and it sat there for about two days with no undercutting and no buyers, so at this point I expected the listing to fail. However, later that day I logged into the game and I get a random PM from someone saying they want to buy my item for 20k less than a quarter of my listing price.

Full disclosure: I listed for 400k and this guy is asking to buy it for 80.

I promptly responded with, "LOL, you must be joking"

and this person said, "No, im not. There is new stuff coming out on the 1st noone is gonna be interested in your item once the new gear comes, have you seen it?"

That right there ladies and gentleman is a merc with his game face on, he is using the information about the event to cause me to panic sell at a hideously low price so that he can re-list for what he knows it's worth, which is what I'm asking for.

So I respond, "Yes, I have, and the items are relatively comparable im not un-listing for 80k"

Then the person tries to up their game by throwing in new gear stats to once again cause doubt.

"But the new stuff also regens health and mana, blah blah blah..."

At this point I was already well aware of where this person is going and I wanted no part of it, so i finish off with a polite, "Go merc on some other nub"

Few hours later the item I list at the proper asking price sold.

Rare
07-01-2014, 09:57 AM
Well, here's an example of a bad merch or a clever one you decide...

This happened to me just a day ago, and thankfully i know how to spot a merc when I see one, but for those of you who don't here's a lesson in merching.

I listed a fairly expensive item in the CS fully slotted with normal gems just 10k under the highest asking price and it sat there for about two days with no undercutting and no buyers, so at this point I expected the listing to fail. However, later that day I logged into the game and I get a random PM from someone saying they want to buy my item for 20k less than a quarter of my listing price.

Full disclosure: I listed for 400k and this guy is asking to buy it for 80.

I promptly responded with, "LOL, you must be joking"

and this person said, "No, im not. There is new stuff coming out on the 1st noone is gonna be interested in your item once the new gear comes, have you seen it?"

That right there ladies and gentleman is a merc with his game face on, he is using the information about the event to cause me to panic sell at a hideously low price so that he can re-list for what he knows it's worth, which is what I'm asking for.

So I respond, "Yes, I have, and the items are relatively comparable im not un-listing for 80k"

Then the person tries to up their game by throwing in new gear stats to once again cause doubt.

"But the new stuff also regens health and mana, blah blah blah..."

At this point I was already well aware of where this person is going and I wanted no part of it, so i finish off with a polite, "Go merc on some other nub"

Few hours later the item I list at the proper asking price sold.

Yeah, my response to this is ALWAYS... "If you want it for that cheap price, then you'll have to wait for the event for the price to drop".

These underhanded tactics make me a little sick when dealing with mercs. You'd be surprised how many people do it. Especially some of the more "well known" mercs. Of course, this usually only works on noobs or people that don't know better.

Sorcerie
07-01-2014, 10:12 AM
Yeah, my response to this is ALWAYS... "If you want it for that cheap price, then you'll have to wait for the event for the price to drop".

These underhanded tactics make me a little sick when dealing with mercs. You'd be surprised how many people do it. Especially some of the more "well known" mercs. Of course, this usually only works on noobs or people that don't know better.This is why I don't merch in general, because I know this is what it takes for you to truly get ahead in this game. The fact that you know 'well-known' mercs who do this is proof enough and worse because they let their reputation and knowledge of data do the work for them.

I'd rather stick to stalking the cs and buying mis-priced items and re-listing, at least in this sense I'm giving someone what they're initially asking for instead of blatantly taking advantage of someone and manipulating them.

Milan Lame Man
07-01-2014, 10:25 AM
After reading this thread, I don't feel so bad for being poor :disgust:

Sirnoobalot
07-01-2014, 11:19 AM
Bought Frost egg for 250 gold

Titanium
07-01-2014, 11:24 AM
I had way too many but one that was pretty special for me was when i bought Crier Vest for Rogue. I Paid 9.5m and i sold 33m.

Also i traded a whim's egg ( when it was 13m ) for a jester rogue which i also traded for another Crier Vest for Rogue ( sold same price )

I never merched arcanes or myths.. Only discontinued items :D

Energizeric
07-01-2014, 11:57 AM
I love how everyone lists how they rip people off and say it was a good merch.

It's not ripping someone off if you buy it in the auction. That was their asking price and you paid it. There was no communication between buyer and seller, so no way to accuse someone of being a thief.

Nevhok
07-01-2014, 12:48 PM
Bought heraldic set war in auc for 6k sold 1.8m