PDA

View Full Version : What to do when players ask you for gold, items, etc.?

Maverickc
07-01-2014, 12:46 AM
What do you say when players nonstop message you asking for money or item? I've encounter these players at least once every time I log on to play.

Xeusx
07-01-2014, 12:53 AM
Ignore.

Anarchist
07-01-2014, 12:54 AM
If it doesnt exceed 1k i usually give them the gold.

More than gold factor though its the fact i have to trade that pisses me off.

Energizeric
07-01-2014, 01:34 AM
I say sure, open the trade window, place 50m gold in the trade box and ask "is that enough or do you need more?"

Then I wait about a minute, cancel the trade window and leave town.

Sakurahb
07-01-2014, 01:35 AM
Ignore.

Anarchist
07-01-2014, 01:40 AM
I say sure, open the trade window, place 50m gold in the trade box and ask "if that enough or do you need more?"

Then I wait about a minute, cancel the trade window and leave town.
Lmao that is...malefic.

Hioarasi
07-01-2014, 01:50 AM
I usually give them what I can but other times I ignore

Flamberge
07-01-2014, 01:51 AM
Be proud. Means you look wealthy for him.

Energizeric
07-01-2014, 02:03 AM
Seriously, in real life if someone poor asks for money to eat, I give what I can, but this is a video game. Nobody is starving, and there are plenty of easy ways to make some extra cash. Even though I have a lot of gold, I still do about 5 different daily quests each day to earn a few extra bucks, so no way I am giving it to someone else who is too lazy to do the same. Sometimes I'll see the same person standing in town for an hour asking for 1500 gold. Seriously?

-no
07-01-2014, 02:59 AM
I tell them sure, then just ignore the pms. If still pm after I leave the area, I tell them pt, and reject pt until they give up.

basketholic209
07-01-2014, 03:09 AM
Seriously, in real life if someone poor asks for money to eat, I give what I can, but this is a video game. Nobody is starving, and there are plenty of easy ways to make some extra cash. Even though I have a lot of gold, I still do about 5 different daily quests each day to earn a few extra bucks, so no way I am giving it to someone else who is too lazy to do the same. Sometimes I'll see the same person standing in town for an hour asking for 1500 gold. Seriously?
Probably every 1 minute, 1 person give him 1500 gold, which is more profitable than daily quests, lol.

Hioarasi
07-01-2014, 03:33 AM
Very true but it doesnt bother me much i dont give massive amounts and its usually to the new players in windmoore
Edit: you are right it though it is just a game

Iliketolol
07-01-2014, 03:48 AM
1000 dallers plez sire.. Me needz knifes...

Energizeric
07-01-2014, 03:52 AM
Probably every 1 minute, 1 person give him 1500 gold, which is more profitable than daily quests, lol.

Well, I'm no sucker! LOL

Back
07-01-2014, 04:52 AM
Simple Solution: Don't go to Outpost and Kraag

Milan Lame Man
07-01-2014, 06:37 AM
If it doesnt exceed 1k i usually give them the gold.

I usually give them what I can but other times I ignore

Hmm I might try it too, looks like the fastest way to earn gold... at least comparable to 1 lock every 10 minutes.

Really, if people didn't give gold, nobody would be begging, right? (Except Begging, huh)

To OP, sometimes i say "no" or similar, other times just ignore. Sometimes I give my time (helping)... and always regret it.

Hioarasi
07-01-2014, 06:44 AM
Hmm I might try it too, looks like the fastest way to earn gold... at least comparable to 1 lock every 10 minutes.

Really, if people didn't give gold, nobody would be begging, right? (Except Begging, huh)

To OP, sometimes i say "no" or similar, other times just ignore. Sometimes I give my time (helping)... and always regret it.
I do what you do, try to help people sometimes with gold. Doesn't mean I give gold to everyone that asks. So far the people I try to help have been appreciative except for one dude... lol

TurboGotti
07-01-2014, 07:51 AM
Fire Kragg cannon for gold

Meemaw
07-01-2014, 08:09 AM
I just tell them this quote on quote "I spit on beggers"

Anarchist
07-01-2014, 08:18 AM

Lmao, dude if you want to be a beggar its up to you. :)

Wutzgood
07-01-2014, 09:27 AM
I tell them to shoot canons for gold. If they ask for 5k I say "shoot 5000 canons for it."

Like energizer said in real life I have no problem giving money to someone that needed money to eat but this is a game. Earn your gold or don't play IMO. Begging in a video game is just sad. For gear, gold or mana.

Dex Scene
07-01-2014, 09:50 AM

Exactly!! Sometimes when I give them the 1500 gold they get quiet until they think I went off from the place and they ask for same gold again!! -.-

—AshDex

Crowsfoot
07-01-2014, 09:59 AM
Beggar: "sir, gold please, sir"

Me: "Sorry, this ATM is currently out of order"

---

Beggar: "Any gear for me"

Me: "Sorry, this thrift store is currently closed for renovations"

Beggar: "When are you going to be open?"

Me: "When the waterslide is finished" *puts beggar on mute; leave town*

---

The people that ask for gear annoy me the most. Why would I be walking around with level 23 mage legendaries? That doesn't even make sense.

Also as Energizeric said, no one is starving so I could care less. If I see someone looking for food, I give them what I have on me. However, I generally avoid giving out money.

Raregem
07-01-2014, 10:33 AM
I ignore 95% of the time, if they keep it up asking for gear "Can I have bow?" "please" "please" "please" my response is always "Sure, go BUY one in the CS." and they usually stop.

Arpluvial
07-01-2014, 10:54 PM
As others have said, you can use the mute/ignore function to ensure that they no longer bother you. If they cross any lines and it becomes harassment, you can report them to support at support@spacetimestudios.com.

Schnitzel
07-01-2014, 11:04 PM
I try to give new/lower lvl players what i can (if i can afford it)

But if they keep asking me Over and Over nonstop, i click "ignore" then move on

Churjya
07-01-2014, 11:13 PM
I give him 2x the amount. But, that depends on my mood and on the way he talks.

kjed
07-02-2014, 12:06 AM
Ask them back for gold..lol

Arachnophobik
07-02-2014, 08:37 AM
I show them all my money in the trade system and leave lol