PDA

View Full Version : Warrior Build

sharedcave
04-09-2010, 11:18 PM
Hi guys,

I have been raising my stats in this pattern every level; 4 STR 1 DEX (DMG+Accuracy). Is this good? I find myself 0 MP very soon. I am thinking 3 STR 1 DEX 1 INT. Or Enough STR to wield weapon, rest into DEX/INT.
:confused:

And what skills shall I level?

oNinja Ryaka
04-12-2010, 09:46 AM
You need mostly Strengh and Dex as for dodges and for attack.

FeralDruid
04-12-2010, 11:32 AM
Wearing gear with +1m/s is really helpful if you're not putting any points into Int. I don't know how much Int it takes to raise your mana regen by just 1, I dumped quite a few points into it and didn't get the returns that made investing in it worth while. I subsequently respecced and landed a Croc's hat that had 1 mana per sec on it. I'm getting more regen off that than I did with the points invested in Int. Additionally, my potion consumption dropped dramatically. I went from using 1 every few pulls, to maybe 0-1 per instance.

IcyChaos
04-12-2010, 01:48 PM
Wearing gear with +1m/s is really helpful if you're not putting any points into Int. I don't know how much Int it takes to raise your mana regen by just 1, I dumped quite a few points into it and didn't get the returns that made investing in it worth while. I subsequently respecced and landed a Croc's hat that had 1 mana per sec on it. I'm getting more regen off that than I did with the points invested in Int. Additionally, my potion consumption dropped dramatically. I went from using 1 every few pulls, to maybe 0-1 per instance.

I too found the Croc armor very helpful. I am still wearing that helmet above all others because it helps mana regen. I also am wearing a set of Croc armor which has some health regen. I would be interested in knowing how much INT is required for mana or health regen, if at all possible.

I have not sunk any points into anything except STR. Do you all feel mixing it up is helpful?

FeralDruid
04-12-2010, 02:01 PM
I too found the Croc armor very helpful. I am still wearing that helmet above all others because it helps mana regen. I also am wearing a set of Croc armor which has some health regen. I would be interested in knowing how much INT is required for mana or health regen, if at all possible.

I have not sunk any points into anything except STR. Do you all feel mixing it up is helpful?

I used to tank as a Feral Druid in World of Warcraft, so naturally, I'm used to mixing things up rather than going for a pure build. Personally, I prefer to increase my dodge and crit percentage which are affected by Dex. In WoW Dex/Agi is incredibly valuable, and I'm noticing the same here in PL.

Take a look at the Items/Loot thread, theres some good drops listed there for Warriors, like the Icy armor that has 2 m/s on it! Can you imagine +3 m/s??? +1 is already nice, but 3!? I'm gonna be farming tonight :)

IcyChaos
04-12-2010, 02:06 PM
I used to tank as a Feral Druid in World of Warcraft, so naturally, I'm used to mixing things up rather than going for a pure build. Personally, I prefer to increase my dodge and crit percentage which are affected by Dex. In WoW Dex/Agi is incredibly valuable, and I'm noticing the same here in PL.

Take a look at the Items/Loot thread, theres some good drops listed there for Warriors, like the Icy armor that has 2 m/s on it! Can you imagine +3 m/s??? +1 is already nice, but 3!? I'm gonna be farming tonight :)

I too was a Tank in WOW. I figured Dex was needed but wasn't sure how well it was implemented in this game. I wish they weren't charging $2 to respec during this time of experimentation.

FeralDruid
04-12-2010, 02:37 PM
I too was a Tank in WOW. I figured Dex was needed but wasn't sure how well it was implemented in this game. I wish they weren't charging $2 to respec during this time of experimentation.

I wasn't happy about paying to respec, but I didn't want to lose my name by having to reroll another warrior. Besides, I don't mind helping out the devs.

Here's my current stats at level 14:
http://img541.imageshack.us/img541/9899/img4003.png

My only death came from my previous build of 10 in INT and the rest in STR. I prefer this new build much better :)

IcyChaos
04-12-2010, 03:04 PM
I wasn't happy about paying to respec, but I didn't want to lose my name by having to reroll another warrior. Besides, I don't mind helping out the devs.

Here's my current stats at level 14:
http://img541.imageshack.us/img541/9899/img4003.png

My only death came from my previous build of 10 in INT and the rest in STR. I prefer this new build much better :)

Your DPS is much higher than mine. Dex obviously plays in that.
I am lvl 16 with a DPS of only 21 using the elf flaming sword.

I doubt I'll pay to respec anymore, that price is rediculous because I've done it already. I don't mind paying the Devs either, but I will pay for levels etc.

FeralDruid
04-12-2010, 03:28 PM
I just got the Croc's wooden buckler solo farming ep V of forest haven. I've got +2m/s now, and its very very nice. I can use the +crit spell nearly every pull :D

Don't blame ya on respecs, maybe theres the chance that a pay-witih-gold option will make it in the game. I'd pay 5g+ for the ability to do so.

Buvet
04-14-2010, 04:52 PM
I've been using a 3 part str 1 part dex build, which seems to be working quite well. By using a single handed weapons with a shield, in addition to all the dodges I get, my dps is equal to and will soon be higher than if I had a two handed weapon. My armor has been giving me a +4 health regen, and I'm only taking 10 damage or less from basic enemies. This seems to be a very efficient build for taking on small groups, (3-5) even with a boss. Knockback is a huge helper as well.