PDA

View Full Version : Helena

Serancha
07-01-2014, 03:58 PM
Having an issue with Helena.

There is no way to avoid her hitting you with those slow ball things she throws. Even having the Elondrian Ward AND charged fully upgraded razor shield, you still get reduced to a very slow crawl. Problem is, she often does her red zone attack right after this, and if you're trapped anywhere close to where she points her red zone, she will one-hit kill you. There is no possibility of avoiding it, because no matter what you do, you can't move.

This is an annoyance for me, as a very experienced player, but for anyone less experienced, it could turn them off the event totally.

octavos
07-01-2014, 04:00 PM
yea..as a low level player..it took almost 10min..to kill her....and I was a lv 21 rogue mind you, So low level peepes..prepare to die tons. (RIP Zelda....you will be missed)

utpal
07-01-2014, 04:10 PM
lol the witch. its dem hard. I agree. but my lvl16 war can take dmg lol. I usually save the horn shield when get root though.

euphorex is like ferrix. he can root too. and if u get rooted inside his purple healing pool, one hit and u GG lol.

I can now imagine how tough will be the last boss. I hope it doesn't have healing pools like euphorex.
last boss will probably does insane dmg like tribal abomination bboss

Carapace
07-01-2014, 04:17 PM
Having an issue with Helena.

There is no way to avoid her hitting you with those slow ball things she throws. Even having the Elondrian Ward AND charged fully upgraded razor shield, you still get reduced to a very slow crawl. Problem is, she often does her red zone attack right after this, and if you're trapped anywhere close to where she points her red zone, she will one-hit kill you. There is no possibility of avoiding it, because no matter what you do, you can't move.

This is an annoyance for me, as a very experienced player, but for anyone less experienced, it could turn them off the event totally.

No, part of her mechanic is a constant AOE damage effect that players have a chance to dodge. You will need to be crafty in using support heals and potions to stay alive!

Serancha
07-01-2014, 04:22 PM
I'm getting one-hit ko'd when far outside her red zone. I figured this was a latancy thing, but there's no way to avoid it. This is intentional? 'Cause if so, I am getting my dovabear and spending the rest of the 3 weeks farming essences elsewhere. I am not even getting a variety of bosses, this is the only one I have seen in the last 30 runs.

Carapace
07-01-2014, 04:24 PM
what level range are you playing her at? It should not be a one shot unless you have geared yourself in a very very glass cannon way.

octavos
07-01-2014, 04:27 PM
what level range are you playing her at? It should not be a one shot unless you have geared yourself in a very very glass cannon way.

well for my level (21) its a legendary gear with great armor hp..and dmg...well i did say she was a bit to hard XD. I still remember there is errors were human right..so have you checked her stats?

Serancha
07-01-2014, 04:27 PM
I am a full mythic rogue with 1473 armour, 3500 hp, with a combo elix on. Level 41

octavos
07-01-2014, 04:34 PM
I am a full mythic rogue with 1473 armour, 3500 hp, with a combo elix on. Level 41

so if insta-kills you..what does that mean for noobs...wasted energy i say XD.

Serancha
07-01-2014, 04:35 PM
That's what I'm sayin. There's something wrong with this chickie. And there's nothing worse than fighting for 5 minutes and being killed right before she dies because you can't avoid the hits.

Carapace
07-01-2014, 04:35 PM
we will watch for more feedback on this skill, as it may need to be tuned down. We are watching and listening as the initial feedback comes and the event settles in.

Serancha
07-01-2014, 04:37 PM
Thanks Carapace. No fun having to do every fight twice.

Reunegade
07-01-2014, 05:02 PM
My L15 tank with sword shield and a ton of HP and armor got one hit by her. :/

Spell
07-01-2014, 05:12 PM
I'm geared fully,arcane ring mythic daggers samael,and I get one hit by her also. I'm lvl 41 4.2k hp

Carapace
07-01-2014, 05:14 PM
She does have a heavy bow attack that has a Arrow shaped tell, you need to be in close though, and this is a VERY powerful attack. Could you be getting this one confused with the aoe stars falling from her rain of arrows?

csyui
07-01-2014, 05:14 PM
She is 5 times tougher than the crocodile, but grants less tokens than croc.

Serancha
07-01-2014, 05:23 PM
She does have a heavy bow attack that has a Arrow shaped tell, you need to be in close though, and this is a VERY powerful attack. Could you be getting this one confused with the aoe stars falling from her rain of arrows?

That is the one I am talking about. The AOE stars can't be avoided, no matter what you do. So she shoots a star then once you are immobilized by that, she comes and power-arrows you when you can't move. When this happens, there is no way to avoid it. You said the AOE things should be dodgeable but they are not.

Carapace
07-01-2014, 05:33 PM
The immobilization is from the Roots cast by the environmental effect. The only way to avoid the roots is with the Bane Item.

Serancha
07-01-2014, 05:42 PM
I am using the bane item....

Classychic
07-01-2014, 06:10 PM
Does Helena have a special drop?

Sent from this iPhone which seems stuck to my hands...

Serancha
07-01-2014, 06:14 PM
I got her for all except 5 runs for the the entire silver tier, so I would say no. But then the only loot I got on the entire run to gold tier was 1 chest, so I am probably not the one to ask.

Raregem
07-01-2014, 10:32 PM
She is very hard. Takes 10 minutes to kill as well after the first 5 minutes it loses it's fun and becomes a chore.

Medicman
07-01-2014, 10:44 PM
I agree. This boss is too hard. Full perfect mythics and arcane staff and using glacian. Over 4100 HP and I'm still getting one hit k.o.

Milan Lame Man
07-01-2014, 11:11 PM
I was getting 1 hit on my warrior, mythic armor and helmet, rest pinks and epics, 3 man party lv41.
Not very funny.
I guess with some practice it would be doable but not by a solo warrior (unless OP maybe).

CrazyTank
07-02-2014, 12:09 AM
This is so hard in low levels. I know I am not very good at rogue but it took 30 min for me to kill it :( and also please get rid of that wand advertisement. It's very annoying to see it every time I die

Xeusx
07-02-2014, 12:18 AM
This is so hard in low levels. I know I am not very good at rogue but it took 30 min for me to kill it :( and also please get rid of that wand advertisement. It's very annoying to see it every time I die
Helena is killing my shield mage and jugg -_-, too tough even tougher than Elite tindirin boss

Soulic
07-02-2014, 12:30 AM
In lvl 10 I beat her in 3 mins (no twink ) On Lvl 40 it took 10 mins to get her heAlth down 16% (I run with magma weapon and good gear)

Slcinuup
07-02-2014, 12:51 AM
She destroyed my level 34 warrior around 6 times before i threw in the towel. I had a full party and we barely got her down to half. I think she needs some rebalancing.

Limsi
07-02-2014, 01:55 AM
also she's harder to kill than that dragon yet gives the least amount of tokens

Madnex
07-02-2014, 02:56 AM
Nah, Helena's getting Alargan'd - remember the endless complaint threads before people actually adapted? Now it's a fairly easy boss.

Adapt!

Haligali
07-02-2014, 03:00 AM
Leaderboarders skip this boss, even killing ursoth is faster.

SacredKnight
07-02-2014, 05:08 AM
also she's harder to kill than that dragon yet gives the least amount of tokens
Yeah, I don't get this?!
Euro thingy gives me 17 tokens and Helana gives me like 8 ( I think... )...I actually wish I get the lower tiered boss just because it's easier to kill and I get more tokens....the points aren't worth the time and pots :/

Serancha
07-02-2014, 06:28 AM
They said the token thing would be fixed. Helena was originally supposed to be the second boss (I saw Sam post this somewhere) which is why you get the quest for her, the third boss, before you get the quest for the second one. They changed the boss order but forgot to chenge the quest order and token reward.

Stefan Bauer
07-02-2014, 07:09 AM
Level 36 warrior 5400 health 1500 armor, one hit every time...

iluminatic
07-02-2014, 07:13 AM
we will watch for more feedback on this skill, as it may need to be tuned down. We are watching and listening as the initial feedback comes and the event settles in.

Feed back?? P i played non death helena kills me many times i just leave game now thanks :o

Rhaindra
07-02-2014, 04:50 PM
Level 36 warrior 5400 health 1500 armor, one hit every time...
I got One hit too with 2002 armor. But not again since I use Conquistador weapon give me more armor + buff juggernaut skill.

Milan Lame Man
07-02-2014, 07:06 PM
I'd say Helena's health can be halved on all levels, without hurting any balance thingy that STS might care about.

jazaajaba
07-03-2014, 08:12 AM
The only problem with her is her health if sts can half it than it will be ok and for the 1 shot death issue just use pets like kelvin ,george and a cheaper alternative is squash.

steelers6906
07-03-2014, 11:13 AM
She needs to be nerfed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ladymage
07-03-2014, 12:03 PM
my twink fought her for one hour with full party, still cannot defeat her. Then everyone just quit. She is definitely much harder than ursoth.

Tendirin
07-03-2014, 01:07 PM
its probaly your build

Ipoopsy
07-04-2014, 01:34 AM

Carapace is right, this is almost a 1 hit kill. As a war with decent gear, she almost 1 hit with this attack. But if your the other two classes, then you can consider a 1 hit kill, because the dam is about 6K.

Xeusx
07-04-2014, 02:25 AM
Carapace is right, this is almost a 1 hit kill. As a war with decent gear, she almost 1 hit with this attack. But if your the other two classes, then you can consider a 1 hit kill, because the dam is about 6K.
Dude, SHE able to get my % hp to 1%/2%, this is really demonic.
Yep, its our armor problem, not the hp, I want to see smurf with 0 armor killed by Helena lol.

Jirikjurasek
07-04-2014, 02:46 AM
As warr with 6400 HP and 2300 armor I don't get one shot kill, the biggest shot-combo drop my health to 3%
use non-charged CS or HoR on strong arrow attack

Xeusx
07-04-2014, 04:48 AM
As warr with 6400 HP and 2300 armor I don't get one shot kill, the biggest shot-combo drop my health to 3%
use non-charged CS or HoR on strong arrow attack
Even she able to hit my hp to 1% (I have 6.1k hp and 1.5k armor)
Thats very close, I was able to spam pots and HoR.

MoloToha
07-04-2014, 08:23 AM
When she uses her insta-kill AoE, my tank has 7% hp left (not buffed, 6,5k+ hp and 1,7k+ armor), so at 41 lvl only the toughest can survive this blow head-on (actually, AoE is not so big, so fragile guys can avoid it even when slowed). Considering this, I try to catch the moment and cast horn right before she hits, but she uses this attack quite fast, so she attacks even when my horn is cooling down. 2 tanks can solve this problem, but it can't be guarranteed with PuG's (btw, Ursoth is far more convenient in terms of horn timing – his circle AoE attack is easy to catch and it is not used so often, so he is actually easier than Helena). In my opinion, this problem is quite annoying.

Matutd
07-04-2014, 08:39 AM
Regarding helena, either make her health less or have the weeds stop spawning after a certain number are killed. Ursoth isn't half as hard as helena, I don't even fight her anymore, I'd rather lose the energy. Ursoth is fun to fight, he's not easy, but he's actually possible to kill in a pug.

gingeronimooo
07-04-2014, 09:28 AM
Please fix helena. Helena is harder than ursoth. That cannot be the plan. That is not what is stated in the announcement video.

Yes i am yelling.

Fix it. It is broken. Reduce plants. Something.

Would really appreciate since STS is making so much off this event with Plat that they could actually listen to objective feedback.

Boss is broke.

Hunter16
07-04-2014, 09:43 AM
Helena is definitely overpowered. I don't know what developers thought when making it. At least halve her HP or something (it would still be a lot though).

I don't want her to be easy like a level 1 goblin, but at least make it possible for everyone to beat her somehow, because everyone's wasting energy kits and time with it.

It's even worse when we waste those kits and get no points for that bear.

Edit: Also, those people that keep telling us that they're going solo on her, congratulations! That does not mean, in any way, that the boss is easy. It just means that you're either very good at games, lucky, or something. I have spoken with about 30 people about Helena and none of them like it.

Pandamoni
07-04-2014, 09:46 AM
People are probably going to want to smack me but she is actually my favorite boss I've encountered in AL. She's very reminiscent of a PL boss. Her attacks are timed and if you play right on top of her rather than ranged it's really easy to avoid her red zone. You have to zoom in so you can really see her and as you get stunned right before she spins and the red cone comes you just have to hold your joystick in the direction behind her. You'll be released from the slow down just as she is abt to attack and in the split second you can run behind her. The only time I really have a hard time with her is when she gets up inside the trees bc I can't see her well.

Hunter16
07-04-2014, 09:57 AM
People are probably going to want to smack me but she is actually my favorite boss I've encountered in AL. She's very reminiscent of a PL boss. Her attacks are timed and if you play right on top of her rather than ranged it's really easy to avoid her red zone. You have to zoom in so you can really see her and as you get stunned right before she spins and the red cone comes you just have to hold your joystick in the direction behind her. You'll be released from the slow down just as she is abt to attack and in the split second you can run behind her. The only time I really have a hard time with her is when she gets up inside the trees bc I can't see her well.

Tried that too, stood right in the same spot as she was staying, and it worked. In fact, I have beaten her once. But it is really a tedious process fighting that boss for more than 30 minutes all alone, because most players simply leave. In the end, it is a game, normally it should be challenging but still fun. Fighting Helena is not fun, it is annoying and makes me hate the game.

Milan Lame Man
07-04-2014, 10:53 AM
if you play right on top of her
Problem with tricks like this is that one mistake means you have to do it all over again. And with her health, it's like 40 arrows you have to dodge flawlessly.
I kited her in 10 minutes, very far from her, just coming closer to shoot Aim and Nox, and always running to keep weeds out of the way. She didn't even trigger the attack later in the fight, when I got used to the rhythm.
Worth a try in a party though.

kinzmet
07-04-2014, 01:35 PM

Sir, he is saying that when Helena casted her aoe stars he gets slowed (or rooted by the environment effects) then targeted by the insta-kill (arrow head red zone).
The insta-kill thing will one-hit averaged geared players on any levels. Thats the thing we would like to be tuned down by a bit.

To Serancha,
But creating tactics to beat whatever STG throws at us:
Sorcs : Whenever you are targeted by the insta-kill charge arcane shield (preferably with the invulnerability upgrade) to avoid bieng one-hitted
Keep your distance. Drop clock and kite around. Watch you health and always tap potions.
Warriors : Whenever you are targeted by the insta-kill charge horn of renew (preferably with the invulnerability upgrade)
Rogues : Whenever you are targeted by the insta-kill charge shadow piercer to pass through her (can't pass when there are many vine-mobs)
Keep distance, use viel, razor shield and traps. Noxious wil help a lot too on clearing the vine-mobs
Watch you health and always tap potions.

Be patient, the STG is collecting our opinions. Maybe they will tune her down a bit, so that we could farm her easier. :)

Serancha
07-04-2014, 02:45 PM
Sir, he is saying that when Helena casted her aoe stars he gets slowed (or rooted by the environment effects) then targeted by the insta-kill (arrow head red zone).
The insta-kill thing will one-hit averaged geared players on any levels. Thats the thing we would like to be tuned down by a bit.

To Serancha,
But creating tactics to beat whatever STG throws at us:
Sorcs : Whenever you are targeted by the insta-kill charge arcane shield (preferably with the invulnerability upgrade) to avoid bieng one-hitted
Keep your distance. Drop clock and kite around. Watch you health and always tap potions.
Warriors : Whenever you are targeted by the insta-kill charge horn of renew (preferably with the invulnerability upgrade)
Rogues : Whenever you are targeted by the insta-kill charge shadow piercer to pass through her (can't pass when there are many vine-mobs)
Keep distance, use viel, razor shield and traps. Noxious wil help a lot too on clearing the vine-mobs
Watch you health and always tap potions.

Be patient, the STG is collecting our opinions. Maybe they will tune her down a bit, so that we could farm her easier. :)

I am an experienced player with top gear, so with strategic play can solo her 80% of the time, that's not the issue.

The problem is that even with the bane item, you get slowed to a point where it is impossible to get out of the way of her red insta-kill attack. We paid plat for an item that would prevent rooting, but it doesn't remove them, it just changes them to snares. This means we are still having our ability to move reduced to almost none and can therefore not avoid the red zone. With the boss taking such a ridiculous effort to kill, this means a lot more death even for seasoned players, so I can imagine what is it like for players who are much newer to the game.

Voluptuouskay
07-05-2014, 08:22 AM
Its easier to leave than fighting and farming deaths.

flluby2
07-05-2014, 08:34 AM
I completely agree that this boss need serious nerfing.

I've posted a thread on it in Feedback section:

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?162765-Helena-the-Undead

Deadprezz
07-05-2014, 12:24 PM
Nerf this boss already...

Jiarijiba
07-05-2014, 06:37 PM
She is frustrating at lvl41. I soloed her with my lvl8 toon, but at lvl41 it takes whole team with multiple deaths.

Guess that something with scaling to upper levels just went wrong.

extrapayah
07-05-2014, 08:22 PM
if possible, i'd like helena to make sound when she's starting to charge the strong arrow attack (helena does make some sounds, why don't apply the sound to the skill)

just like alpha wolf howls when it starts the shield

utpal
07-06-2014, 01:15 AM
haha. the positive side for this boss is:
those ppl that are silver tier and gold tier wants atleast a warrior in party.
so nowadays m just farming essences and keep forged energy in stocks just in case a guildie wants a warrior.
m pretty happy as it needs 3 different class and teamwork to successfully kill Helena in less time.
warriors shining again. haha.
I say not to NERF lol. otherwise at endgame all will do solo (except war) and NOBODY WILL WANT A SLOW LOW DAMAGE FATTIES.

I SAY AGAIN NOT TO NERF. :D

Jblazer
07-06-2014, 01:46 AM
yea..as a low level player..it took almost 10min..to kill her....and I was a lv 21 rogue mind you, So low level peepes..prepare to die tons. (RIP Zelda....you will be missed)

Woah hey bro? You still play?

SacredKnight
07-06-2014, 04:18 AM
Helena is a really annoying boss...she is harder then Ursoth himself....
You would think the final boss battle would be the hardest? No? Wrong!
Helena is the hardest, huge tank with outrageous damage..it's really annoying to find Helena and then realize you have a party made entirely up of warriors, it'll take a lot of time...some people even quit...it really is annoying...

In my perspective to avoid energy being "wasted" in upcoming events it could only be deducted if you kill the boss..this way if your team ragequits are if he/she/it is too hard for you, you can always leave and try fighting another boss that's easier or fighting with a better team.

Lvl 41 warrior with 2183 armor and 5.7k HP ( without pets )
Helena insta-kills me....I don't have the tanking magmatic set, I use upgraded mythic.

_ck
07-06-2014, 11:49 AM
I feel sorry for those who have paid real money for energy kits and end up in Helena battles where your (random) team gives up. I certainly hope all of them are doing these battles with friends/guilds, but that's probably not true. Even myself, despite only using the free or crafted energy kits, kinda feel like it's a massive waste of time battling her. The reward just isn't worth the effort and frustration. You could be out there farming for energy essence instead of battling her, and that'd be a better use of your time.

Also, battling her is simply no fun at all. It's just a boring chore. Do the devs really want people to this of Arcane Legends as a boring chore?

Schnitzel
07-06-2014, 01:14 PM
Some things I would like to say about Helena

1. At endgame (lvl41 party) when we try to kill Helena, it takes us about 2x as long to kill her than killing Ursoth (Everyone with armor higher than 1000 and health more than 2900)
2. The slow ball things she lets fall out of the sky, takes away about half our full life amount
3. Her charged Shoot-Arrow attack, if Im not exactly on the red zone, and just a little to the left or right, but Not touching the red zone, she looks like she turns a little then kills me

In my opinion, she is more difficult to kill than Ursoth and gives less points than Ursoth
If she is more difficult to kill than Ursoth, could she give us more points if we kill her?

Thanks

Callmemr
07-06-2014, 01:18 PM
Helena is stronger than Ursoth.
Point.

Madnex
07-06-2014, 01:24 PM
I think this was some sort of "block" so the gold tier players scores would not go through the roof when building up points for LB. I can't find any better explanation for Helena's extreme armor/HP - the boss scaling goes like [easy] - [easy] - [hard] - [medium] ([Herond] - [Europhex] - [Helena] - [Ursoth]). Don't change the damage, decrease the HP/armor so it's not boring.

_ck
07-06-2014, 01:34 PM
I think this was some sort of "block" so the gold tier players scores would not go through the roof when building up points for LB. I can't find any better explanation for Helena's extreme armor/HP - the boss scaling goes like [easy] - [easy] - [hard] - [medium] ([Herond] - [Europhex] - [Helena] - [Ursoth]). Don't change the damage, decrease the HP/armor so it's not boring.

Yeah, I don't really have any issues with her abilities, it's just the sheer amount of time it takes to bring her down that's killing the fun of this event.

FluidShot
07-06-2014, 01:41 PM
Yeah, I don't really have any issues with her abilities, it's just the sheer amount of time it takes to bring her down that's killing the fun of this event.

If I join a Helena pug with two or more warriors (I'm a sorc), I leave, farm three energy essences, and probably start the crafting process before I would have finished the boss with the party. I'm not a leaderboard runner whatsoever, but I still skip her just for the sake of playing enjoyment.

Iliketolol
07-06-2014, 01:51 PM
try harder.

Nelrevete
07-06-2014, 02:11 PM
In my opinion Helena on lvl 41 more difficult than Ursoth. On lvl 5-15 easy for me but long time fight like 7-15minutes with group. My twinks lvl 21-27 don't have problem with her. I tested all strategies (solo)on lvl 41 vs Helena and sometimes impossible to kill her. This is first boss in AL when I fight solo, I have big problem to kill. There is one good technique for me (only rogue) good distance (very important) + running in circles + aimed. Aimed sometimes goes to the mobs, hate this. Never die when using this strategy. Best attack Helena is then very rare. With group more fun, I farm sometimes 1-2 deaths :D in a group of any strategy ceases to be a strategy. It is survival. Heal horn, stun, taunt- nothing save me. Purple shot with stun and rapid death. Strange because only at lvl41 that arrow is killing me. The attack is wider than the red box shows. Im in gold tier also fighting with her very often, you can only image my suffering. I wish you good luck and find your own technique. Best regards;)

Milan Lame Man
07-06-2014, 06:16 PM
Her charged Shoot-Arrow attack, if Im not exactly on the red zone, and just a little to the left or right, but Not touching the red zone, she looks like she turns a little then kills me

The attack is wider than the red box shows.
I have figured it works this way: it hits a circle around the endpoint of the red zone, and a fairly big one.
Then there is lag.

Anarchial
07-07-2014, 06:18 AM
The main problem with helena is the continous plants popping up. This prevents the single crit hits from hitting helena resulting in opness of helena. I had seen during one fight where one warrior taunted all the plants and there were two more rouges along with me. The rouges killed helena like silly hillybilly.The fact that ursoth is easier is because of this. For helena if number of popped plants is reduced I.think it would do much better.

kjed
07-07-2014, 06:27 AM
She destroyed my level 34 warrior around 6 times before i threw in the towel. I had a full party and we barely got her down to half. I think she needs some rebalancing.
Lol at throwing the towel, you were boxed by Ali.

grumpy
07-07-2014, 06:58 AM
My biggest gripe is getting rooted/snared followed by her power arrow as Sera mentioned. It happens way too often and one hits all my characters including my warrior with 6k+ HP and 1.9k+ armour (occasionally he'll survive with 1-2%). The arrow range is also inconsistent because sometimes i run out of the red zone before she fires it off but still get hit. But I can actually deal with this on my sorc and warrior as I've gotten pretty decent at saving my shield/HoR and timing just before fires the arrow off. My rogue has fewer options, I usually have to tap Malison's arcane and hope that the I dodge the arrow because thats the only way I survive (yes, it can be dodged thankfully). However there are times that she gets me while im rooted and it just annoys the hell out of me when it happens.

To make this boss less annoying I would suggest one or more of the following
1. Reduce HP
2. Get rid of the vine mobs
3. Make her power arrow disruptable by CS or give it a very long windup (something greater than the time of getting rooted) It seems so unfair that even with proper skill and equipment, u can get rooted and have her windup on u and u get instantly killed. Theres no skill in surviving her, its just luck
4. Remove the snare effect of her AoE skill and change it to something else (like dmg or armor reduction), I mean we already get rooted by the environment right?
5. Decrease the frequency of her power arrow attack. This way I can make sure I have a shield or HoR always available before she fires again. Its the worst when you are rooted, she aims at you but your only way to survive the attack is cooling down.

Milan Lame Man
07-07-2014, 11:39 AM
I can actually deal with this on my sorc and warrior
LOL. The only class I soloed Helena was with rogue. Failed big time with warrior, never tried with sorcerer.

It was back on Bronze where I wanted to waste my free energy before going to work, so I had like 5 minutes available, hoping for Europhex, and got Helena. She killed me twice with her first attack, so I changed to kiting... and it was easy. I even got to work in time :-)
1. Stay very far away, draw the vines, move a bit so they don't eat you
2. When Aimed and Nox are ready, get just in range, shoot, get away
3. Let skills cool down and repeat

You don't need any other skills, and very few health pots. And yes I didn't have the Ward at the time.

Problem with warrior is that you must survive the hits, and in ~30 minutes, you WILL lag at least once. I lagged when she was at 25% after 20 minutes, and gave up.

_ck
07-07-2014, 12:47 PM
Most recent Helena experience was moving out of the way of her red "cone", and I was 90 degrees away from it and she just turned around and shot me! I was 90 DEGREES away from the zone.

Anyway, this boss is killing the whole game for me. If this is what I (a fairly new player) can expect out of this game then I'll probably quit. The complete silence on behalf of the developers is equally puzzling..

grumpy
07-07-2014, 03:18 PM
LOL. The only class I soloed Helena was with rogue. Failed big time with warrior, never tried with sorcerer.

It was back on Bronze where I wanted to waste my free energy before going to work, so I had like 5 minutes available, hoping for Europhex, and got Helena. She killed me twice with her first attack, so I changed to kiting... and it was easy. I even got to work in time :-)
1. Stay very far away, draw the vines, move a bit so they don't eat you
2. When Aimed and Nox are ready, get just in range, shoot, get away
3. Let skills cool down and repeat

You don't need any other skills, and very few health pots. And yes I didn't have the Ward at the time.

Problem with warrior is that you must survive the hits, and in ~30 minutes, you WILL lag at least once. I lagged when she was at 25% after 20 minutes, and gave up.

its also no surprise that I am worst at the rogue class lol. my sorc (main) is the best at killing helena although it still takes a long time. my warrior can survive helena (without lag) but would take me forever to kill her solo, so i dont bother with that.

Caniia
07-07-2014, 07:20 PM
I've read all the post about this... some are just...nvm

All in all she is the hardest boss of of the 4. That said she is do able at any lvl. The problem is because of her one shot, and turning to kill you, and killing you even when you have long since run behind her, her mass hp and damage and spells, and the weeds... dont forget the weeds!.

She makes the event boring....boring! Frusterating and boring, for everyone. It wouldnt be so bad if everytime you were silver to gold there was more chances of getting the other bosses. Now im not saying we need the Ursoth so much more, but breaking up the monotony of the witch 10-10 would be great. Throw the tree and lizard in for godsakes lol.

Anyway, what im really wondering is since there hasnt been a dev comment on this for awhile.... what the thoughts are to the responses to this thread.

_ck
07-07-2014, 09:26 PM
My new longest time to defeat Helena record: 25 minutes. With four people!

I really, really don't want to be a person that just quits out of a battle and leave the other three people hanging because I absolutely hate it when people do that.. But honestly, I don't think I can take this any longer.

snowfu
07-08-2014, 01:33 AM
Some things I would like to say about Helena

1. At endgame (lvl41 party) when we try to kill Helena, it takes us about 2x as long to kill her than killing Ursoth (Everyone with armor higher than 1000 and health more than 2900)
2. The slow ball things she lets fall out of the sky, takes away about half our full life amount
3. Her charged Shoot-Arrow attack, if Im not exactly on the red zone, and just a little to the left or right, but Not touching the red zone, she looks like she turns a little then kills me

In my opinion, she is more difficult to kill than Ursoth and gives less points than Ursoth
If she is more difficult to kill than Ursoth, could she give us more points if we kill her?

Thanks

You're one of the lucky ones... I am a level 21 rouge right now, but when I was 19, my team gave up so I had to solo her.
It took a full hour, but let me tell ya I died several times, and the secret is buying several hundred potions and spam tapping them when she has you stuck with her root spell. Also, an Ethyl pet was optimal for me, he slowed Helena and surrounding enemies down, giving me more time and opportunity to attack. If you are warrior doing this, R.I.P., you're doomed. Ethyl pet works best for me...
Anyway, they fixed it so that Helena drops the right amount of tokens.

Haligali
07-09-2014, 08:14 AM
Who noticed that Helena's one shot attack is basically a shadowflare? Is it developer humour again or wut, rofl

MoloToha
07-09-2014, 09:13 AM
Ok, I soloed Helena with my lvl 41 warrior, it took slightly more than 10 min.

zwapper
07-09-2014, 01:12 PM
Guys i think the reason why it took so long to kill helena is her bunch of vine warriors (idk what to call them). i found a trick to beat helena very fast and dodging her 1 hit shot attack effeciently. Just attack her inside or near her red zone area. you will surely hit her most of the time, and when she her 1 hit shot attack just only few steps behind her and you can dodge her attack most of the time.

Another trick i found is by using 1 tank in your team to lure all her vine armies and all rouges and mages to attack helena. But the warrior should do the attack near helena so that he can lure also helena then all high damage dealer need to attack at her back.

*** You need to attack her at the mid of the map. If you do it at the corner, you will have a visibility problem bcoz of some trees.

Amazonina
07-09-2014, 01:38 PM
No, part of her mechanic is a constant AOE damage effect that players have a chance to dodge. You will need to be crafty in using support heals and potions to stay alive!

It doesn't help you can be pressing pots and she will kill anyways. Top geared player gets one hit as well. You don't even have to be in the red zone and she kills you.

Amazonina
07-09-2014, 01:39 PM
Ok, I soloed Helena with my lvl 41 warrior, it took slightly more than 10 min.

doubt that

grumpy
07-09-2014, 02:12 PM
my guildie found an efficient way to kill her. So far we get very few deaths, sometimes none and can take her down well under 10 minutes. This is not a "trick or secret shortcut", but a way to minimize time kiting, dealing with vines and more time attacking = faster kill.

Helena has a pretty large reset range. You can safely bring her to the area before the entrance to the boss area. There is a wooden fence to the top of the screen right before the entrance to the boss area. Fight her here with your back to the fence. This area spawns fewer vines and her red zone is easy to spot as its not covered by trees. Your party can stand there firing at her and she won't move around too much since its a small area but if she does make sure she doesnt go past her reset point which is just 1 screen away from that area. So just sidestep or shield/horn when you see her wind up for her arrow. Attack, avoid arrow, attack, repeat and she goes down very fast with little problem. Also helps to have a Clock Mage to manage vines if and when they do come.

MoloToha
07-09-2014, 02:50 PM
doubt that
I tried to record a video as a proof, but there are some problems with Screencast, it doesn't record video properly. Also it lags terribly on my phone (damn you, Dalvik GC), so I'll try tomorrow to record a video on PC. Sorry for inconvinience.

Covert
07-09-2014, 06:51 PM
Helena's difficulty is definitely a result of poor scaling imo, which I'm sure has been mentioned.

I soloed her on my l16 warrior (wearing trashy pinks) and she was easy. Even standing in her one-hit cone didn't kill me which would at end game, I only lost between 10-25% health lol.

Kinda curious if sts will fix the scaling issue this far into the event...
http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c370/covert69/Screenshot_2014-07-09-20-25-45_zps38e0c230.png (http://s31.photobucket.com/user/covert69/media/Screenshot_2014-07-09-20-25-45_zps38e0c230.png.html)

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c370/covert69/Screenshot_2014-07-09-20-26-20_zps0fed489b.png (http://s31.photobucket.com/user/covert69/media/Screenshot_2014-07-09-20-26-20_zps0fed489b.png.html)

Killed her in less than 5 minutes too :smiley_simmons:

Btw she dropped energy too, ironic eh?

MoloToha
07-10-2014, 03:47 AM
Here it is. Used 98 hp pots, 21 mana pots. She hit me a couple of times with her AoE, but it is only a result of my noobiness. Video lags a bit.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8NnKJFKKgbc

utpal
07-10-2014, 04:05 AM
Helena's difficulty is definitely a result of poor scaling imo, which I'm sure has been mentioned.

I soloed her on my l16 warrior (wearing trashy pinks) and she was easy. Even standing in her one-hit cone didn't kill me which would at end game, I only lost between 10-25% health lol.

Kinda curious if sts will fix the scaling issue this far into the event...
http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c370/covert69/Screenshot_2014-07-09-20-25-45_zps38e0c230.png (http://s31.photobucket.com/user/covert69/media/Screenshot_2014-07-09-20-25-45_zps38e0c230.png.html)

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c370/covert69/Screenshot_2014-07-09-20-26-20_zps0fed489b.png (http://s31.photobucket.com/user/covert69/media/Screenshot_2014-07-09-20-26-20_zps0fed489b.png.html)

Killed her in less than 5 minutes too :smiley_simmons:

Btw she dropped energy too, ironic eh?

u can even kill Helena with guapo and more quickly, since guapo debuffs armour. and is melee so it attack only helena

Riptank
07-10-2014, 09:35 AM
I stopped doing the event with my level 23 twink mage :/ I tried solo and with party, both didn't work. I don't know what hits me but I'm getting owned by 1 hit.

VenomsChaos
07-12-2014, 12:15 AM
I stopped doing the event with my level 23 twink mage :/ I tried solo and with party, both didn't work. I don't know what hits me but I'm getting owned by 1 hit.

10-15 lvls for bosses easy..

41 for its hard but i dont have problem with it, hard boss funy...

22-34 for ultimate extreme hard.. and its not funy, on that lvls %90 or more ppls not trying kill it

( not sure numbers.. thats just what i tryed)

FROM BEgining of event ppls keep saying it but still no a fix ( yes i call it a FiX because its a fail) ... event will over like that :) try to enjoy on lvl 41 or 10-15 chars

_ck
07-12-2014, 12:25 PM
The only thing worse than Helena is the dev's complete and utter silence and inaction on the matter. I guess their idea of a great event is to make people unhappy and want to quit playing their game?

My Helena strategy is as follows: if my PUG team seems to know what they're doing and seem determined, I'll stay in the fight. If not, if they're hesitant, go for vines instead of Helena (or just quit out) I'll leave too. There's no amount of token worth that frustration.

Serancha
07-12-2014, 05:36 PM
I've stopped running the event totally because of this issue. It's not my idea of a fun time, and I play to have fun. The only time I am running the event at all now is when the leaderboard runners call me to help speed up their Ursoth run times. They have the plat to do a bunch of searching to make sure they fight Ursoth each time and don't bother with Helena. I can't afford to do that, nor would I want to even if I could, so unless I am asked to come on team as a timesaving asset, I don't even go to Elondria.

This has been extremely disappointing. I really wish they had just remade the Tarlok event with different (non-Helena) bosses. It would have been so much better. At least it didn't cost anything if you got a boss you didn't want to bother with.

Caniia
07-13-2014, 11:15 AM
Serancha, im doing about the same. I will not go unless called by Leaderboarders, ive had enough, and i do spend quite a bit of plat on the game.

And right again on the Tarlok point, the cost of these new style of events vs the amount of gold earned in game without plat, makes this a huge frusteration and disappointment to non plat users, nvm the cost for the plat playing customers. The tarlok event was great, it didnt cost to portal, but you did need to run enough to make enough coins for tarlok store goodies. Find a different way to earn our plats.

And then there is still the lack of dev replies... did you all get muted or what??

MoloToha
07-13-2014, 01:57 PM
Devs keep silent, because talking about Helena's OPness is treading water. I keep saying that there is no need to complain - I reached Gold tier by running with PuGs only. During my way, only one guy rage-guitted on Helena. And we still did that (me with 328 dmg mage and veery noob warrior).

Spacetime Or Lol
08-17-2014, 10:10 AM
It should been Helena's assault.. she is like Ursoth x10 of health.. lol

Spacetime Or Lol
08-17-2014, 10:12 AM
Molo who was that mage's name?