Timmeee
01-06-2011, 02:11 PM
way to squishy

looking for respec ideas or help :p

StompArtist
01-06-2011, 02:16 PM
way to squishy

looking for respec ideas or help :p

Put STR enough to equip armors and rest in INT. That's what I did and I love it. Turn yourself into a self healing tank. :D

Timmeee
01-06-2011, 02:17 PM
what armor would you suggest?

Echelong
01-06-2011, 02:21 PM
Well yes Pure int mages are squishy and a lot of times one shot in boss fights. So far you can survive if you get the whole cyber set with the doll and laser wand you get about 100 armor.

You can go dual spec this works great if you want to use two end game gears (like myself I use Cyber cosmos and Rift) This works great for PVP although pure mages are pretty good in pvp if you are fast enough (yes MissMage I am talking about you). Putting points on other stats gives health, armor, crit or dodge but it also takes away damage and healing so you should try it and then see how it works out. Pure mages are good you just need the right gear and learn how to survive either by running for cooldowns or shoving pots. Also if you go to other gear like Rift you lose a lot of mana regen and even health regen like myself i lost 2 or 3 points of h/s when I use rift and about 12 m/s.

My suggestion is try getting the cyber quests done (one tip is when doing totems and shards always go to victory laps to kill the keeper its faster and almost always you will get a totem and a lot of times 2 on crush the keeper you are lucky to get one) After you have the whole set you will see the difference.

StompArtist
01-06-2011, 02:21 PM
Right now I use minas plate mail of horus (or something like that), probably not the best armor you can have but it is the best I own.

There is a lot of people here that can advice on weapons/armors a lot better than me since I have not farmed much. I tend to drive my toons to 50 and make a new one from scratch afterwards. I do love my STR Mage right now tough. Only downside (for me) is that I need to use mana pots sometimes...

lordme
01-07-2011, 09:14 AM
You can consider dex/int. My elf is dual spec dex/int. My heal is stronger than a pally, my firestorm combos does more damage, not sure about buff and debuff. With high dex i have better critical and dodge rate. When my elf is in full void, i noticed i survived gurgox's shout many times without the orb. Plus i love my blaster, its range is so far, and kills fast. And void has a better mana regen than rift, cuz elf uses far too much mana than other class.

Or you can get the cyber cosmo set as they offer good def. My elf in cyber cosmo does not die easily as before,

Ayrilana
01-07-2011, 12:23 PM
Well yes Pure int mages are squishy and a lot of times one shot in boss fights. So far you can survive if you get the whole cyber set with the doll and laser wand you get about 100 armor.

I agree with this. Get cyber first and then decide what you want to do.