PDA

View Full Version : My new 50 archer

mrpredalien
01-06-2011, 02:26 PM
I made my 50 archer in 4 days (not including 10-20 since I used to farm with this character), and was wondering is this fast? I powered leveled because I needed it for my cyber robe for my other 50 (as some of you know).

Arterra
01-06-2011, 02:51 PM
took me 2 weeks for 5 levels when AO3 came out :S i was quite the lazy bum
powerleveling is not quite the time it took you, but the participation in groups you where in, and if you went through all the maps in nice sequential order, according to your level.
also... if you already have a couple of lv50s, then its kinda ok. (my book says cook for a couple of weeks al-natural, but whatever lol)

Physiologic
01-06-2011, 03:02 PM
I've never heard of it called power-leveling, in other MMORPGs I've played they call it leeching

Sanatorium
01-06-2011, 03:34 PM
I've never heard of it called power-leveling, in other MMORPGs I've played they call it leeching

Same difference.

StompArtist
01-06-2011, 03:37 PM

It's power leveling when your friends agree to take you for a ride. It is leaching when you follow strangers!

Snakespeare
01-06-2011, 03:38 PM
The difference between leeching and power-levelling is simple and obvious. A leecher is incapable of damaging the opponents, even if he tries.

In this game, a red threat level gets you double XP, and the red threat opponents are not much higher level than you (i.e. taking a level 20 character into Fathom). Coupled with "Hardcore Playas" elixir, which doubles XP, you can get 4 XP in Fathom from a single kill. That is not leeching because you actually did it yourself. Make sense?

BIG difference!!!

I think it is very important to keep those two terms separated, because leechers claim to be power-levelling, but not all power-levellers are leechers.

FluffNStuff
01-06-2011, 03:40 PM
I leeched my way to 35 for a swamp specific character ... and gave away all pink drops I got to those that earned it. It's the right thing to do.

StompArtist
01-06-2011, 03:40 PM
So if you put a bunch of leachers in a room do they run in circles wondering what to do next?

Snakespeare
01-06-2011, 03:51 PM
It is fairly common practice here for someone to "level" a friend, that is, a higher level player taking a friend into a map where the low level player can not do actual dammage. After you've got several characters, many at level cap, I guess the only reason to level normally is if you have a personal goal of never leeching (as I do). But everyone plays differently. This game can accomodate all types of players.

I think it's a mistake to think there's a "right" way to play. Aside from basic sportsmanship (like not joining some lowbies and rushing the boss while they all die), anything that the devs don't nerf is considered fair game. And if you think the devs should nerf something, you have to campaign for it. Otherwise, we just deal with it. :)

StompArtist
01-06-2011, 03:54 PM
I agree entirely. Just hate it when some leecher gets killed and start spamming the "rev" requests. LOL

Snakespeare
01-06-2011, 03:56 PM
Yeah, this is me shedding big tears of woe... ;)

Ayrilana
01-06-2011, 05:13 PM
I made my 50 archer in 4 days (not including 10-20 since I used to farm with this character), and was wondering is this fast? I powered leveled because I needed it for my cyber robe for my other 50 (as some of you know).

That's a bummer that they weren't able to reverse what happened. Hopefully getting 100 will go faster this time around.

Firerange
01-07-2011, 06:56 PM
i always boot those dang noobs

Refriedchicken
01-07-2011, 07:00 PM
I power leveled my Mage 1-50 in two days.

xD

Gaabob
01-07-2011, 07:51 PM
Since the stat rebalance it has been very easy to power-level. Used to be took only 7 hrs to 45, then like 12 hrs to 50 or something rofl. Now it's around 2 hrs from 45-50 lol.. Or something like that(been a month since last 50 created)