PDA

View Full Version : ursoth event new warrior items! need advice!

Jonathan Ng
07-02-2014, 04:59 AM
Currently new gear is coming up so which is the best set for tanking on elite? ancient or living spirit?? what type shud i buy?

Jonathan Ng
07-02-2014, 05:37 AM
Need advice asap!

Crowsfoot
07-02-2014, 08:27 AM
With how csimilar they are, it doesn't matter. I want spirit but may get druid.

They are both crazy cheap and better than magma gear.

Veluthe
07-02-2014, 10:39 AM
Both are nice but I wouldn't bother "if u already have magma super gemmed.. "

Jonathan Ng
07-02-2014, 11:39 AM
i just brought ancient druid hahaha

Jonathan Ng
07-02-2014, 11:40 AM
ty u all the advice anyway:)

Crowsfoot
07-02-2014, 12:15 PM
Both are nice but I wouldn't bother "if u already have magma super gemmed.. "
I sold my +9 magma plate. The Druid gear has 10 more HP clean so it was a smart move. The passive healing in spirit gear also makes it better.

Not to mention you make money selling your magma gear and upgrading. This event has killed two elite maps, yay .-.

---

In the future, can event gear PLEASE not be stronger than the current best gear. For something that gets flooded onto the market so quickly, they shouldn't be the best gear.

Mrwolfla
07-02-2014, 12:32 PM
Yep, just like Tarlok...

Crowsfoot
07-02-2014, 12:37 PM
Yep, just like Tarlok...
Tarlok 2 .-. I bought a Druid will set for 47k. I'm not sure if I should laugh or cry (no more Alargan T_T).

utpal
07-02-2014, 02:30 PM
I will not pay more then 10k to these set lol.
by end of week it will cost like 1-2k

Crowsfoot
07-02-2014, 05:45 PM
I will not pay more then 10k to these set lol.
by end of week it will cost like 1-2k
I'm a nice guy though :p

After selling Little bear for 500k I feel guilty I guess.

ShannKey
07-02-2014, 09:25 PM
Yeah earlier today they were seling at such a good price I bought both druid and spirit sets. I got spirit assault and will both helm and armor. For druid I got will set and potency armor, waitingfor good price on helm. Im going to experiment with these or use combinations like I did with magma. I think spirit might be the better of the 2.

ShannKey
07-02-2014, 09:30 PM
I sold my +9 magma plate. The Druid gear has 10 more HP clean so it was a smart move. The passive healing in spirit gear also makes it better.

Not to mention you make money selling your magma gear and upgrading. This event has killed two elite maps, yay .-.

---

In the future, can event gear PLEASE not be stronger than the current best gear. For something that gets flooded onto the market so quickly, they shouldn't be the best gear.

In your opinion what is the better of the two. I like spirit but thinking maybe the added health and mana to druid might make it better. But I think spirit might have higher damage. So confused lol

Crowsfoot
07-02-2014, 09:55 PM
In your opinion what is the better of the two. I like spirit but thinking maybe the added health and mana to druid might make it better. But I think spirit might have higher damage. So confused lol
I bought druid, but spirit is likely better.

Jirikjurasek
07-03-2014, 01:07 AM
. The passive healing in spirit gear also makes it better.

Just for information, passive healing scales with dmg/str or something else? Or it is just 1 heal per second, which is absolutely useless?

Jonathan Ng
07-03-2014, 01:44 AM
what bout the neck and ring? still tarlok and archon?

SacredKnight
07-03-2014, 04:05 AM
I'm a nice guy though :p

After selling Little bear for 500k I feel guilty I guess.

lol...

Crowsfoot
07-03-2014, 09:28 AM
Just for information, passive healing scales with dmg/str or something else? Or it is just 1 heal per second, which is absolutely useless?
Its +1 HP return per second. Overall HP return may save you potions but it really doesn't matter.

I got Druid for being cheaper and looking better, no real difference between the two.

Jirikjurasek
07-04-2014, 01:14 AM
Its +1 HP return per second. Overall HP return may save you potions but it really doesn't matter.

Warr with 6.5k HP get something around 2k HP from potion. Its 2000 s with armour regen, so its free potion every 30 (+-) mins

Healt regen on armor will be always useless to the elites. In the most situations heal from HoR isnt enought to save your life (+- 700 per tick with pavise), who cares about 1 or 50 HP/s

Crowsfoot
07-04-2014, 09:23 AM
Warr with 6.5k HP get something around 2k HP from potion. Its 2000 s with armour regen, so its free potion every 30 (+-) mins

Healt regen on armor will be always useless to the elites. In the most situations heal from HoR isnt enought to save your life (+- 700 per tick with pavise), who cares about 1 or 50 HP/s
Theoretically, you can save 1 potion once in a blue moon. I don't think it matters, so I bought Druid.

manhands
07-05-2014, 12:00 AM
I'm really enjoying the living spirit armor. It pushed my armor well over 2k and didn't hit my dmg too much.

SIEGE_
07-09-2014, 03:56 PM
I paid 3k for the druid set as it was better than my 36 tarlok by a long shot. Standard gems for now, but I see a huge tanking difference from 1600 armor to 2000. I would love to have a bulwark mythic, archon and wild talisman to go with it. Back to saving gold again lol.

Crowsfoot
07-09-2014, 07:36 PM
Full geared, I have 2605 armor at the moment. This lessens to around 2550 when I use a mythic helm instead of druid (will likely do this for the +30 DPS).

utpal
07-10-2014, 03:55 AM
Full geared, I have 2605 armor at the moment. This lessens to around 2550 when I use a mythic helm instead of druid (will likely do this for the +30 DPS).

nice man.
can u give more info like pets and weapons and rings etc etc.

SIEGE_
07-10-2014, 06:47 AM
Does the Druid / Spirit set make the Mythic set obselete for tanking?....at level 41.

Heard anything about a mythic armor week or two or three for level 41?

utpal
07-10-2014, 07:40 AM
@seige
no. not obsolete. u can use bulwark to cover the armour loss.
with mythics set u get high dmg and HP when gemmed.

with druid, it is cheap and gives high armour and lil bit HP.but no dmg.
good for tanking. u can use magma Claymore to gain some dmg.

Crowsfoot
07-10-2014, 11:11 AM
Does the Druid / Spirit set make the Mythic set obselete for tanking?....at level 41.

Heard anything about a mythic armor week or two or three for level 41?
I prefer the druid plate of will over mythic (tanking) I dislike the helm.

Crowsfoot
07-10-2014, 11:14 AM
nice man.
can u give more info like pets and weapons and rings etc etc.
Bulwark is Gemming at the moment (2 days to bond the third gem .-.) so I cant post a screen shot yet. However, this is my gear:

Lvl 41 Elondrian Bulwark of Will
Lvl 41 Druid helm of Will
Lvl 41 Druid Plate of Will
Lvl 36 Archon Ring of Potency
Lvl 41 Wild Talisman of Will
<+5% armor passive
=2605 armor without a pet.

GoodSyntax
07-10-2014, 11:46 AM
I hate this event and the gear because it is killing all elites, since the event gear is better than the elite legendaries.

But, with the new event items, I now have a superior set for parking in elites.

With the Druid of Will set for my Rogue, along with a Winterstar Ring and Elondorian Pendant of Security, all HP gemmed, I can peak at over 2.3k armor and 4k hp, which for a Rogue is insane! Granted, this armor peak is with Ironbite (and his AA), plus Veil, but still - more armor than many tanks and 4k hp to boot!

Generally, I prefer the Druid set. It sacrifices a few points in armor for an extra primary stat point and a little bit of HP, both good things.

Crowsfoot
07-10-2014, 02:32 PM
I hate this event and the gear because it is killing all elites, since the event gear is better than the elite legendaries.

But, with the new event items, I now have a superior set for parking in elites.

With the Druid of Will set for my Rogue, along with a Winterstar Ring and Elondorian Pendant of Security, all HP gemmed, I can peak at over 2.3k armor and 4k hp, which for a Rogue is insane! Granted, this armor peak is with Ironbite (and his AA), plus Veil, but still - more armor than many tanks and 4k hp to boot!

Generally, I prefer the Druid set. It sacrifices a few points in armor for an extra primary stat point and a little bit of HP, both good things.
1) hate parking.

2) hate the event gear more. The big issues with event gear are as follows:

-Both sets are better than magma.
-Both sets drop from locks, a mass opened chest which rarely has end game gear worth over 50k. The event encouraged even more openings of Elocks, so there was an immediate flood on the market.
-The three remaining elite maps people can farm, will now be over farmed; further dropping the value if magma weapons.

utpal
07-10-2014, 03:24 PM
Bulwark is Gemming at the moment (2 days to bond the third gem .-.) so I cant post a screen shot yet. However, this is my gear:

Lvl 41 Elondrian Bulwark of Will
Lvl 41 Druid helm of Will
Lvl 41 Druid Plate of Will
Lvl 36 Archon Ring of Potency
Lvl 41 Wild Talisman of Will
<+5% armor passive
=2605 armor without a pet.

with little bear, u will get 2689. that's a huge armour. cool.
u can use druid of potency set to get some dmg and dps since bulwark doesnt.

and I hope u get exceptional gem on it :)
goodlck

GoodSyntax
07-10-2014, 03:37 PM
1) hate parking.

2) hate the event gear more. The big issues with event gear are as follows:

-Both sets are better than magma.
-Both sets drop from locks, a mass opened chest which rarely has end game gear worth over 50k. The event encouraged even more openings of Elocks, so there was an immediate flood on the market.
-The three remaining elite maps people can farm, will now be over farmed; further dropping the value if magma weapons.

I hate parking as well, but the fact is that many do it (poorly), so better to have someone who knows what their doing actually do the park than someone who doesn't, and fail miserably.

I have the same issues with the event gear. I fail to understand why event items have to be superior to elite legendaries. Bad enough that the magma gear was so mediocre to begin with (armor aside). Now, the event gear trumps the armor of the magma, so what minuscule market existed for magma helm/armor now vanishes, because who in their right mind would purchase elite loot anymore.

Also, because The Wilds is such an easy map, Magma Blades have been over-farmed to near worthlessness. This leaves the Magmatic Totem, Magma Claymore, Wurmtounge Egg and Elite Golden Dragonchests as the only valuable drops. This means that the only maps that will be run will be Caves and Trail. Between the two, Trail will be overfarmed since it is a relatively fast and easy map, so that will pull down the price of the Totem, leaving Caves as the only viable elite map worth running.

Very, very disappointed in the way this season has evolved.

Crowsfoot
07-10-2014, 04:08 PM
I hate parking as well, but the fact is that many do it (poorly), so better to have someone who knows what their doing actually do the park than someone who doesn't, and fail miserably.

I have the same issues with the event gear. I fail to understand why event items have to be superior to elite legendaries. Bad enough that the magma gear was so mediocre to begin with (armor aside). Now, the event gear trumps the armor of the magma, so what minuscule market existed for magma helm/armor now vanishes, because who in their right mind would purchase elite loot anymore.

Also, because The Wilds is such an easy map, Magma Blades have been over-farmed to near worthlessness. This leaves the Magmatic Totem, Magma Claymore, Wurmtounge Egg and Elite Golden Dragonchests as the only valuable drops. This means that the only maps that will be run will be Caves and Trail. Between the two, Trail will be overfarmed since it is a relatively fast and easy map, so that will pull down the price of the Totem, leaving Caves as the only viable elite map worth running.

Very, very disappointed in the way this season has evolved.
I want to see the impact of the gear 2-3 weeks after the event ends before I go about throwing suggestions for changes. But, I would like to not see a Tarlok 3, gear wise.

GoodSyntax
07-10-2014, 06:43 PM
I am hoping that STS plans an elite gear stagger, and introduces new helms/armors that focus on stats other than armor.

At least that way, there could be some variety, and a reason to continue running elites.

Zeus
07-10-2014, 06:53 PM
Hopefully the item staggering will be released after this event. I mean, where did that go? T_T

Crowsfoot
07-10-2014, 07:14 PM
Hopefully the item staggering will be released after this event. I mean, where did that go? T_T
It was staggered too much and collapsed. Not enough/strong enough chemical bonds to support the amongulous structure.

Crowsfoot
07-10-2014, 07:15 PM
I am hoping that STS plans an elite gear stagger, and introduces new helms/armors that focus on stats other than armor.

At least that way, there could be some variety, and a reason to continue running elites.
New gear? Oh boy, maybe I can reach 3k armor.

Zeus
07-10-2014, 07:33 PM
It was staggered too much and collapsed. Not enough/strong enough chemical bonds to support the amongulous structure.

They might've pulled a Samsung.

Crowsfoot
07-10-2014, 07:35 PM
They might've pulled a Samsung.
Too soon.

Nah, jk, I bought an M8 xD

GoodSyntax
07-10-2014, 07:43 PM
New gear? Oh boy, maybe I can reach 3k armor.

As I said, new gear that does not focus on armor. Perhaps focusing on DMG, or something with stellar procs, really anything other than armor. I'd even take armor that enhances speed, or new items for Drakin Teeth.

Anything will do, just as long as it is new and different with Elite Legendary type stats, because the Magma gear has run its course and is now obsolete with the Spirit and Druid gear. It can be amulets or rings, doesn't matter, just anything that keeps people farming elites.

Maybe armor with the same proc as the Wild Talismans. A Tindirin Bow, Tindirin Hammer, or Tindirin Gun would be interesting. A snake pet. A new mythic ring/amulet. Vanities that are only farmable in elites. A crafting recipie that takes an Elite Golden Dragon Chest, Elite Golden Puzzlebox, Elite Golden Warchest, Elite Golden Pirate Chest and an Elite Golden Banded Chest to craft a new elite chest (with new mythic/arcane loot). I mean, there are dozens of things that STS could introduce that will reinvigorate elites and the economy at large. Unfortunately, until something changes, the elite market is dead and so are elite runs as well.

I ran elites with guildies today, and someone looted a Magmatic Totem of Brutality and a Claymore in back-to-back runs (both level 40) and I laughed because combined, it might have been worth 100k, assuming someone actually buys it.

Crowsfoot
07-10-2014, 07:48 PM
The disadvantage to new Damage based gear is that you either sacrafuce the armor of the current magma/Ursoth gear making a weaker version of mythic, or you create gear that is better than mythic which are supposed to last 2 seasons when compared to legendaries.

The Ursoth gear should have been stronger than dragonscale, NOT magma gear.

Ebezaanec
07-11-2014, 02:19 PM
I sense a nerf...

Elites? It's a joke, I spend my time in elites maybe once a week.

phillyr
07-11-2014, 10:22 PM
Exactly...elotes are nothing more than a waste of pots...also with the new mythic for warrior if thats what weapon you choose to use it also kills pvp...r they trying to kill the fun of playing warrior?
@zues I was just about to ask about the "itemization" myself but u beat me to it lol