PDA

View Full Version : 2H Pally spell damage question

PhreEkGarden
01-06-2011, 03:55 PM
So, I'm level 30 and had full iceberg equipment on my pally... and decided to go to all int.

This is when I realized that weapon damage affects spell damage....

The Iceberg two-hand sword which is pretty high dmg for lvl 30, so my question is... couldn't a 2h pally with the biggest damage weapon he can have out damage an all int mage (just talking about spell dmg), since the pally gets so much extra damage from his weapon?

Please inform me if I am overlooking something or just completely wrong. From what I know so far, it just seems like the only reason to go all int is to have a ton of mana and mana regen.

Thanks a ton!

BlueMagma
01-06-2011, 07:00 PM
Pharcyde would be able to answer this question in full detail. I am also curious about this question because i'm trying to make a Dual Spec Pally and also want to know the differences between the weapon and spell damages. He checks this Forum Section a lot but if you need the answer right away, you can always PM him.

FluffNStuff
01-06-2011, 07:05 PM
There is an issue with this. Ask Cinco to fix it.

PhreEkGarden
01-06-2011, 08:18 PM
Yeah the iceberg longsword is 135-170 dmg.... ridiculous adding that to spell dmg. Ill wait til more people chime in

PhreEkGarden
01-06-2011, 08:33 PM
Ive already respecced so i cant put the aword on to test this.... any palys that can test it?

Pharcyde
01-06-2011, 09:30 PM
Buying Respecs in a bit. I can already tell you off the top of my head that enchantress weapons increase spell damage much more then warrior weapons. Just how much I am not sure yet.

Pharcyde
01-06-2011, 09:46 PM
Okay tested.

Gurgux Hammer of the Rift - Frost Bite: Max damage = 180.
Keeper Staff of the Cosmos - Frost Bite: Max damage = 267.
Both are top T2 weapons.
Thanks to Fluffnstuff and Readtitle for helping me test :D.

PhreEkGarden
01-07-2011, 05:54 AM
Thanks a lot for testing that sir.

PhreEkGarden
01-07-2011, 06:08 AM
Ok I just did some testing of my own and did not see the same results.

First off, my paladin had all iceberg stuff which is good for a lvl 30. My all INT stuff isnt quite as good yet but not that bad.

Here is what I saw:

Paly (lightning spell dmg) 60 or so int rest of points into strength
69-146 (nothing) *no weapon equiped
159-236 (sword) *2h iceberg longsword equipped (135-170 dmg on weapon)

Mage (lightning spell dmg) all points into int
85-184 (nothing)
116-217 (staff) dreamers icebolt staff (48-74 dmg on weapon)
119-221 (wand + shield) dreamers ice wand + magic yeti eyeball of the owl

Edit: Just bought a new staff
128-229 (staff) brain-freeze icebolt staff (60-86 dmg on weapon)

higher dmg staff... all these weapons are lvl 30... still not as high spell dmg as the paly weapon.

I know my paladins equipment is a little better, but the damage still doesnt seem right to me.

I see that the base damage is more on the mage because of int, but then the weapon equipped totally offsets it. I thought my staff was decent, but maybe it's just not that great? But are there mage staves out there that are comparable to how much stronger that 2h sword is? Just doesn't seem right to me.

edit:

PhreEkGarden
01-07-2011, 06:14 AM
Pharcyde, could you post the damage of the two weapons you used to compare?

Maybe at my level the staves just arent that high dmg and that particular sword is?

PhreEkGarden
01-07-2011, 06:19 AM
I found this:
http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?9741-S-gt-keeper-staff-of-cosmos&highlight=Keeper+Staff+Cosmos

Cant find the hammer though....

Sky../
01-07-2011, 11:27 AM
Gurgox 194-269

Keeper 145-195

Lesrider
01-07-2011, 12:06 PM
As a pally with a Gurg hammer, you're also sacrificing the bonuses from full rift.

PhreEkGarden
01-07-2011, 03:00 PM
Well, I'm still fairly new to the game... I didn't realize you get bonuses. You mean a bonus from having a full set of the same armor?

Is that for lots of sets of armor? Like, right now I'm trying to buy Mamboza stuff for when I hit lvl 35 I figured I'll use that for a while. If I had a full set would there be a bonus?

Ladylove
01-07-2011, 05:17 PM
For the Mambozas set bonus, you actually wouldn't be wearing all Mambozas. One of the sets is Mambozas Voodoo Master Helm, Zombies Voodoo Master Robe, and Copperheads Voodoo Master Staff. There are a couple more sets where you use wands, but I'm not positive of what those combinations are. I wouldn't get the sets unless you were planning to be a level 35 twink because the items run at high prices. If you're just doing pve and plan to level to 50, then I would suggest going a bit cheaper. You can get a Mambozas Croc Scale Robe, Dreamers Dark or Dreamers Mojo Wand, maybe a helm of the Owl or if you want something really good, get the Voodoo helm or Tiara, and for a shield a skull bracer, a Brainfreeze eye, or a Copperheads doll would do you just fine.

Pharcyde
01-07-2011, 10:31 PM
Pharcyde, could you post the damage of the two weapons you used to compare?

Maybe at my level the staves just arent that high dmg and that particular sword is?

I said them, Gurgux Hammer of the Rift - Strongest Two Hand weapon in the game for bear's; lvl 50. Keeper Staff of the Cosmos - Strongest Staff in the game for Enchantress's; lvl 50.

PhreEkGarden
01-08-2011, 12:04 AM
For the Mambozas set bonus, you actually wouldn't be wearing all Mambozas. One of the sets is Mambozas Voodoo Master Helm, Zombies Voodoo Master Robe, and Copperheads Voodoo Master Staff. There are a couple more sets where you use wands, but I'm not positive of what those combinations are. I wouldn't get the sets unless you were planning to be a level 35 twink because the items run at high prices. If you're just doing pve and plan to level to 50, then I would suggest going a bit cheaper. You can get a Mambozas Croc Scale Robe, Dreamers Dark or Dreamers Mojo Wand, maybe a helm of the Owl or if you want something really good, get the Voodoo helm or Tiara, and for a shield a skull bracer, a Brainfreeze eye, or a Copperheads doll would do you just fine.

Thanks. Yeah I plan to keep leveling so I won't worry about spending that much... not that I have that much anyway, heh.

PhreEkGarden
01-08-2011, 12:05 AM
I said them, Gurgux Hammer of the Rift - Strongest Two Hand weapon in the game for bear's; lvl 50. Keeper Staff of the Cosmos - Strongest Staff in the game for Enchantress's; lvl 50.

Yeah I was just wondering what the actual weapon damage was.