PDA

View Full Version : Essences problem - My solution

matanofx
07-02-2014, 10:21 AM
Hello, first of all let me announce that this is my formal criticism and although it may seem it, im not trying to rant but fix a major problem.

I have platinum, i have about enough platinum to open 40-50 crates, what i want to do? spend my platinum to open crates, thats it.

What i have to do to spend my platinum? farm tons of crates (3 times as much as i want to open) but no problem already covered that.
I also have to craft after im done farming for crates and here is the big problem, not only that i have to wait 4 hours for each crafted crate i also have to use 3 elondrian essences.

Do you know how long its taking me to farm each of those essences? there are currently 5 different possible essences to loot (fire blood glacial energy & elondrian)
It takes long enough to farm AN essence but im really only looking for that elondrian one, 1/5 chance out of each essence drop...

Ive been running kraag tombs 3, km3, windmoore harbor and more like a no lifer and im at 8... who do you think have time to farm all these unique essences to use 3 of e'm to craft with 3 crates to wait 4 more hours to simply spend my plat.

I have a job, i have my studies and my life so please STG dont make me sit infront of a screen and brainlessly farm essesnces 96% of my AL gaming time.

My suggested solutions? either increase the drop rate of the elondrian essence by ALOT or make it so we only need 1 elondrian essence to craft the event crates.

Also making the essences purchasable with plat but not only that because i really just want to open crates with my plat not spend on essences to craft.

Candylicks
07-02-2014, 10:24 AM
Yup.

ClumsyCactus
07-02-2014, 10:28 AM
My Only problem is energy essences..
In 1 hour running brackenbridge lockfarming i got following:
12 elondrian essences
4 fire essences
2 blood essences
4 glacial essences
And, 3 energy essences...
I keep getting elondrians and no energys...

obee
07-02-2014, 10:31 AM
This event is good for non-plat players. And just buy new locks instead of crafting it. It's not fair if sts makes it super easy for the plat payers

matanofx
07-02-2014, 10:33 AM
Dude, up untill now we just opened crates, poof there it goes

Now we need to work to open our crates so dont tell me too easy... I dont have the gold to buy 50 70k crates ok?

Just read the whole thing, im saying make it more reasonable not super duper easy yay level.

Energizeric
07-02-2014, 10:35 AM
Seems like you have just been unlucky. Yesterday I spent about 2 hours in WT4 and found enough essences to craft 8 crates and 6 energy kits.

Bornof1000Kings
07-02-2014, 10:36 AM
Can the gem essences just all be dropped and switched to elondrian essences? I'm getting a lot of gem essences and I'm just selling them for 0 because I'm not going to use a craft slot for a 2k gem. This would seem to be a solution that could help a bit.

obee
07-02-2014, 10:39 AM
Dude, up untill now we just opened crates, poof there it goes

Now we need to work to open our crates so dont tell me too easy... I dont have the gold to buy 50 70k crates ok?

Just read the whole thing, im saying make it more reasonable not super duper easy yay level.

Yea but it's still not fair that all you have to do is press a button and bam. If that's all you do, what's the point.

Rare
07-02-2014, 10:51 AM
This event is good for non-plat players. And just buy new locks instead of crafting it. It's not fair if sts makes it super easy for the plat payers

Obee... get a little perspective my friend. This game needs both platinum and not platinum players to survive. What you're saying sounds very selfish.

obee
07-02-2014, 10:52 AM
Obee... get a little perspective my friend. This game needs both platinum and not platinum players to survive. What you're saying sounds very selfish.

But it's not fair if all you guys get to do is press a button, while we are grinding. It's not fair. It's lazyness honestly. Dude there's 3 weeks. Not 3 days

matanofx
07-02-2014, 11:02 AM
But it's not fair if all you guys get to do is press a button, while we are grinding. It's not fair. It's lazyness honestly. Dude there's 3 weeks. Not 3 days

I cant even respond to that... laziness, if they didnt want us to press a button and gamble our plat away for possible rewards they shouldnt have made locked crates.

But they did and locked crate are the base income for STG so you really need to re-think your perspective.

obee
07-02-2014, 11:03 AM
I cant even respond to that... laziness, if they didnt want us to press a button and gamble our plat away for possible rewards they shouldnt have made locked crates.

But they did and locked crate are the base income for STG so you really need to re-think your perspective.

Yeah but you should at least have to work for your stuff not easily get it.

Reunegade
07-02-2014, 11:04 AM
I think instead they should just add 1 essence for 5 platinum or something, because IMO the drop rates are fine. I did 45 minutes of farming in WT4, and I got enough to craft 4 Elondrian crates. I'm not a hardcore platinum spender, but I think adding them available for platinum will make both parties happy.

Candylicks
07-02-2014, 11:05 AM

I know that you are a 12 year old, and I am trying to respect that. However, as someone old enough to be your mother I will tell you that speaking in your tone is offensive. You don't need to call people lazy and accuse us of buying our way through the game. It's tacky and untrue, and it is hurtful. I am positive I have been nothing but friendly to you, so please watch how you type around here and keep it respectful.

Energizeric
07-02-2014, 11:16 AM
I suggest you just buy the crates instead of crafting them yourself. Then your time issue will no longer be an issue. Just like you don't want to farm, no need to craft either. Just buy what you need.

STS has made farming these essences a way for non-plat players to make some money by farming. There are barely any ways left for players to earn any money without spending plat, so they added a new one here to make up for all the other ones that have disappeared as a result of this event. Let it be.

Reunegade
07-02-2014, 11:17 AM
I suggest you just buy the crates instead of crafting them yourself. Then your time issue will no longer be an issue. Just like you don't want to farm, no need to craft either. Just buy what you need.
The problem is, many people bought a lot of locks before the event. The locks are worth nothing now and they will have a couple thousand excess locks. So their only way to not waste their locks is to craft them.

matanofx
If everyone thought like you STG would have been bankrupt, cause if i choose to spend my hard earned cash on platinum it means i dont want to spend all my time farming.

If i wanted to spend all my time farming i wouldnt have chosen to get platinum, are you asking me to both use my money to buy platinum and farm hardcore? why? i could just farm hardcore without buying platinum

If youre still not seeing the pattern or logic here..

Finally, your age was made clear to me by the words you type not what other people told me, think about that for a second.

Rare

STS has made farming these essences a way for non-plat players to make some money by farming. There are barely any ways left for players to earn any money without spending plat, so they added a new one here to make up for all the other ones that have disappeared as a result of this event. Let it be.

That's such a smart idea. What shall I do with the thousand crates I already bought???

Will you buy then from me to subsidize my new crates? Thanks so much.

Candylicks
07-02-2014, 11:20 AM
That's such a smart idea. What shall I do with the thousand crates I already bought???

*high fives*

I mean, we spend a fortune on these crates it's unreasonable to say hey now go buy the other ones.

Reunegade
07-02-2014, 11:21 AM
The problem is, many people bought a lot of locks before the event. The locks are worth nothing now and they will have a couple thousand excess locks. So their only way to not waste their locks is to craft them.

*high fives*

I mean, we spend a fortune on these crates it's unreasonable to say hey now go buy the other ones.
Do I get a high-five? :(

Bornof1000Kings
07-02-2014, 11:22 AM
So the problem, then, is that people are mad they bought a lot of locks pre-event?

Reunegade
07-02-2014, 11:23 AM
No, the problem is they were smart and bought it cheap and were assuming that it would drop the new mythics, but it didn't. So, I guess you are right they are mad, but for the right reasons.

Rare
07-02-2014, 11:23 AM
Do I get a high-five? :(

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/07/03/2a7ebury.jpg

Reunegade
07-02-2014, 11:24 AM
Yay! :)

Energizeric
07-02-2014, 11:34 AM

I sure will, for the right price. Locked crates are not going anywhere, trust me. They will go back up in value in the future at some point, they always do. I can remember a time when locked went lower than 1k, and I can remember a time when they were going for 35k.

I'd imagine that by the end of this event, with all the crate crafting going on, crates will start to be in short supply and the price will go up.

Rare
07-02-2014, 11:37 AM
I sure will, for the right price. Locked crates are not going anywhere, trust me. They will go back up in value in the future at some point, they always do. I can remember a time when locked went lower than 1k, and I can remember a time when they were going for 35k.

I'd imagine that by the end of this event, with all the crate crafting going on, crates will start to be in short supply and the price will go up.

Yeah you completely missed the point. As long as it nets you more gold right?

Rare
07-02-2014, 11:39 AM
So the problem, then, is that people are mad they bought a lot of locks pre-event?

No. Has nothing to do with that. That wad only in response to "just go buy more"

Zuzeq
07-02-2014, 11:44 AM
I don't think it would be too much of a problem to make Essences tradable. If it would I'm sure someone will check me soon enough .... I'll wait...

Bornof1000Kings
07-02-2014, 11:50 AM
I don't think it would be too much of a problem to make Essences tradable. If it would I'm sure someone will check me soon enough .... I'll wait...

That's an interesting solution, just not sure how viable it is in terms of all the essences in the game

Gesaffelstein
07-02-2014, 12:34 PM
The system is fine like this, plat players buy pre-crafted crates and non-plat players can finally make money by crafting them.

Mrwolfla
07-02-2014, 12:35 PM
Seems like you have just been unlucky. Yesterday I spent about 2 hours in WT4 and found enough essences to craft 8 crates and 6 energy kits. yeah I made about 12 crates and 7 energy kits yesterday...in about 2 and half hours farming them with a friend

keikali
07-02-2014, 12:35 PM
You people complaining about essences truly are pathetic. You are whining because you have to put forth some amount of effort instead of being able to get everything you want right away because you waved your credit card. STOP BEING LAZY

BES.

Rare
07-02-2014, 12:37 PM
How was he being disrespectful? I can't see it. I farmed Kraken for one hour, got enough elondrian for 8 crates plus around 20 energy essences. Nothing wrong with that. I could agree making essences tradable for gold, but why on earth would you want to buy your way into just about everything the game has to offer? If you handle it that way, it's not really a game anymore.

Waitwaitwait.

How is buying essences for plat buying into everything the game has to offer again?

Milan Lame Man
07-02-2014, 12:39 PM
Am I the only one finding it funny how before the event, everyone complained "we need more energy, we want to run the event 24/7 not 5 min a day"?
Be careful with your wishes, they might come true.

matanofx
07-02-2014, 12:39 PM
The system is fine like this, plat players buy pre-crafted crates and non-plat players can finally make money by crafting them.

Ive made over 50m not wasting a singe little platinum so saying non-plat players can finally make money is absurd to me.

I worked hard to farm my crates and i thought it was enough but now i have to work hard and wait to spend my plat, no thanks, seriously, people who choose to fund this game by purchasing plat arent looking to spend more gold on a "new" type of crate and they didnt buy plat to grind hardcore like the non-plat players (for whatever reason either too much life or gambling fun), it seems very simple to me.

Rare
07-02-2014, 12:42 PM
Am I the only one finding it funny how before the event, everyone complained "we need more energy, we want to run the event 24/7 not 5 min a day"?

I love the energy. Wish I had time to use it. Unfortunately I'm spending all my time farming elondrian essences

Hectororius
07-02-2014, 12:44 PM

People want to run the Event 24/7 or close to it, not grind 24/7 for a chance to play the event for 10min instead of 5.

There are better ways of phasing out lockeds if that is the intention of STS. The way they decided to implement it left a lot to be desired.

keikali
07-02-2014, 12:46 PM
#Dontcallmelazy2014

obee
07-02-2014, 12:48 PM
There is 3 weeks!!!

Candylicks
07-02-2014, 12:50 PM
Aight, let's not lose focus on this thread. The issue is we feel the elondrian essences are causing us too long of a grind to craft the event crates. STS has responded that they are afraid that mythics will flood and ruin the economy, but the ones looking to open in reality would have one or possibly two in our hands.

I want to point out that the weapons are NOT arcane, nor should they be rationed out to us as such. We are grateful to everyone who has supported the idea that we need better access to elondrian essences so we can craft up our locked within these three weeks! Mata you rock for offering some solutions to this issue

Hectororius
07-02-2014, 12:50 PM
#Dontcallmelazy2014

Dis guy stealing ma lines bro!

Rare
07-02-2014, 12:52 PM
There is 3 weeks!!!

thats not enough!!!

Rare
07-02-2014, 12:54 PM
Aight, let's not lose focus on this thread. The issue is we feel the elondrian essences are causing us too long of a grind to craft the event crates. STS has responded that they are afraid that mythics will flood and ruin the economy, but the ones looking to open in reality would have one or possibly two in our hands.

I want to point out that the weapons are NOT arcane, nor should they be rationed out to us as such. We are grateful to everyone who has supported the idea that we need better access to elondrian essences so we can craft up our locked within these three weeks! Mata you rock for offering some solutions to this issue

The flooding is a real problem in a 3 week event. STS should have made a 1 week crate event with essences rates much higher. With crafting time and essence farming time, it would have been about equivalent to a mythic weekend while still acting as a crate sink to remove the mountains of useless crates from the game.

obee
07-02-2014, 12:54 PM
There's no point of a game if you just spend

Rare
07-02-2014, 12:56 PM
Who "just spends"?

notfaded1
07-02-2014, 01:03 PM
Pretty soon we're going to take our money somewhere else and then there won't be any economy at all.

utpal
07-02-2014, 02:17 PM
plz buy my Elocks at 70k each from auction.
:P
this event good. m getting so mch profit selling Elocks.

we non plats guys (me still studying engg, and its vacation now ) are farming 2-3hrs In wt4 and crafting them takes 4hr. so plz donate ur money to us. we needs moneys to buy mythics :D
I hope u get mythicr when u pop it :D

Nesox
07-02-2014, 02:43 PM
I appreciate that STS finally gave no-plat users an alternate means of being comepetive. I don't say this often, because I don't spend large amounts of plat, but the new system only profits those with time to burn. I have spent months farming Locked for resale only to find out that do to personal time constraints I will only be able to sell a fraction of them at a reasonable profit. I love the fact that essences are farmable but it would be nice to be able to buy them as well or at least see an increased drop rate.

EDIT: Disregard previous comments. Crate prices have dropped so much that soon we will be selling for no profit at all. Farmed or purchesed. the economy is FUBAR reguardless.

ancestor
07-02-2014, 02:52 PM
This Will Sink The Economy, This Is The Worst Idea I Have Ever Heard. Many Mythics Will Be Around And Loose Value, And The Locks Themselves Will LooSe Value.... They Were 500K Yesterday And Last Night They Dropped To 300K And Now 60K. Thats What Happens When People Farm Essences. And Now You Want To Increas The Drop Rate?!?!?! HahaHahaha Good one

Hectororius
07-02-2014, 03:23 PM
I think there is a common misconception that being a plat spender = in game wealth, which usually equates in to non-plat buyers thinking plat spenders are uber rich with infinite amounts of gold to blow on consumable items at their choosing...

i'd write more, but there is no point.

Rare
07-02-2014, 04:25 PM
This Will Sink The Economy, This Is The Worst Idea I Have Ever Heard. Many Mythics Will Be Around And Loose Value, And The Locks Themselves Will LooSe Value.... They Were 500K Yesterday And Last Night They Dropped To 300K And Now 60K. Thats What Happens When People Farm Essences. And Now You Want To Increas The Drop Rate?!?!?! HahaHahaha Good one

Hate to break it to ya... but nobody is going to buy those crates for 500k. Or 300k. I doubt even 100k. Especially not now when people have loaded up on normal crates already.

Ravager
07-02-2014, 04:32 PM

Hate to break it to ya... but nobody is going to buy those crates for 500k. Or 300k. I doubt even 100k. Especially not now when people have loaded up on normal crates already.

I sold many at 300k. They are down to about 70k and still selling fast.

I like the essence drop rate to preserve value in the crates (for the time being)

Xeusx
07-02-2014, 04:37 PM
What about you buy many Locked of Elondria 300k ? So I can laugh too, and. I will ignore u like u wanna disrespectful.

Wutzgood
07-02-2014, 04:37 PM
IMO with a 3 week long event it's good to have the essences. Without them the market would be flooded with new mythic weapons by now. Either farm the free crates, buy new ones or farm essences to make your own. Putting in a little work for these will do everyone good in the long run.

Seoratrek
07-02-2014, 07:38 PM
Let's keep the discussion constructive, alright? :encouragement: Thanks :)

Sheener
07-02-2014, 07:51 PM
You must understand that they are running a business not a game and I do understand that and is why it can be hard to get mad at them. They seem to have been having a goal to gain real dollars every weekend which they should because real life needs money. Keeping all of the plat buyers and adding more is optimal for them which it seems a lot have quit and a ton have never paid money so it is a struggle. Even though I am sure they are doing very well. Time for employees costs a lot of money. $15-40 per hour is just a guess. Yes give plat members an advantage but make the people that buy few plat or only people that use free offers which sets makes money off of stay it is a careful balance lol

Energizeric
07-02-2014, 09:24 PM
A couple of points I want everyone to consider:

1) STS could make more money on plat sales if they were to allow elondrian essences to be purchased for plat.

2) STS could make more money on plat sales if they made it easier to craft locked grand crates of elondria, since more crates would get opened.

Now ask yourself this: Why would STS decide to NOT allow these things if it means less revenue for them?

Everyone always accuses STS of being money hungry and doing things for their bottom line instead of for the health of the game, but here is a case in which they are turning down revenue because they think this is what is better for the game. And I agree with their decision here 100%.

There were the same complaints about the dragonite bar and dragkins teeth. You cannot purchase dragkins teeth, but you can purchased the finished dragonite bar. Same thing with these crates. You cannot purchase the essences but you can purchase the crafted locked crate.

I'm sorry that some of you speculated by farming locked crates and hoping that the new mythic weapons would be available in them, but your speculation turned out to be wrong. It happens. If you don't want to ever get burned, then don't speculate. It's a gamble just like if you invest your money in the stock market. You invested in locked crates and you got burned. Oh well. It happens. Sometimes your investments pay off nicely, and other times they don't.

Euldor
07-02-2014, 09:41 PM
A couple of points I want everyone to consider:

1) STS could make more money on plat sales if they were to allow elondrian essences to be purchased for plat.

2) STS could make more money on plat sales if they made it easier to craft locked grand crates of elondria, since more crates would get opened.

Now ask yourself this: Why would STS decide to NOT allow these things if it means less revenue for them?

Everyone always accuses STS of being money hungry and doing things for their bottom line instead of for the health of the game, but here is a case in which they are turning down revenue because they think this is what is better for the game. And I agree with their decision here 100%.

There were the same complaints about the dragonite bar and dragkins teeth. You cannot purchase dragkins teeth, but you can purchased the finished dragonite bar. Same thing with these crates. You cannot purchase the essences but you can purchase the crafted locked crate.

I'm sorry that some of you speculated by farming locked crates and hoping that the new mythic weapons would be available in them, but your speculation turned out to be wrong. It happens. If you don't want to ever get burned, then don't speculate. It's a gamble just like if you invest your money in the stock market. You invested in locked crates and you got burned. Oh well. It happens. Sometimes your investments pay off nicely, and other times they don't.

+1 for making the game better STS.
And guys, 3 weeks. Get grinding. xD

Rare
07-03-2014, 12:06 AM
Bored.

matanofx
07-03-2014, 12:16 AM
I guess eric doesnt understand that some people dont have time to grind, dont have the gold the buy 70k a crate

And really pissed off that they farmed all these crates before to find out they would be 100% stupid to open cause theyre just... "normal crates"

Eric im sorry but you sound like youre applying for a job at STG more than youre trying to hear my side in this, STG better listen cause.. well this game should be fun and for the first time ever i want to gamble but i cant cant im blocked by brainless essences farming.

ancestor
07-03-2014, 01:40 AM
What about you buy many Locked of Elondria 300k ? So I can laugh too, and. I will ignore u like u wanna disrespectful.

Didn't Get Any Of That But Thx For Your "Amazing" Input

ancestor
07-03-2014, 01:43 AM

I Made 3 Mil Before They Dropped To 50k

Hectororius
07-03-2014, 03:59 AM

The only people who managed to make 200-500k were the people able to buy tokens with plat (most likely), get lucky with essences, and plat through the timer, yet nobody has a problem with this very obvious plat user advantage.

Interestingly enough, the people that are wanting to buy essences are people that just want to craft their own existing stash of crates that they saved for the "next mythic event" and just want to open crates, not flip them for large sums of money to sell to other players.

It was easy enough before, 15 plat, open crate. Now they lose 1/3 of their crates, pay through timer (most likely weren't gonna wait 4 hrs for 5 crates) and then open crates at the "cheaper" cost of 23plat.

The essence requirement just slowed down the inevitable crash of elondrian crates, soon enough they will be 12-15k, rugular locks will be cheaper than gems since they continue to drop and saturate the market. If sts really wanted to create a crate sink, they would have removed the old crates from the loot table and make elondrian crates drop from any (or most) of the elondrian bosses.

Nobody is going to be opening regular lockeds in volume like in the past knowing that "event crates" are now going to be the new hot crate to open. Maybe that's a good thing. All the arcane items inside them will truly become arcane and players will be happy.

Dex Scene
07-03-2014, 07:12 AM
Just buy The Elondrian Lockeds from CS.
Since you are a plat player and don't have issue buying plats, convert your plats to golds and buy Elondrian lockeds from CS and open as many you want!!
If elondrian essences are plat purchasable I can tell that Plat players will not buy any elondrian lockeds much from cs anymore. What will non plat players will do with those lockeds then !!!!

Iam not talking on anyone's behalf but on both sides' perspective!
BUYING PLATS, CHASING LB, GETTING AWESOME OP PET S&S, OPENING ELONDRIAN LOCKEDS, LOOTING NEW MYTHICS, SELLING THEM FOR HUGE GOLDS OR KEEPING IT.

Or

FORGET everything above, farm maps hardcore and giving all times to craft elondrian lockeds, shards, playing event when energies are available to tier up slowly and farm dova bears.

Your call whatever the way you wanna play man. It is good the way event is now!!

—AshDex

Xeusx
07-03-2014, 07:15 AM
I have a question, do you use plat when you craft your lockeds?

Dex Scene
07-03-2014, 07:24 AM
If everyone thought like you STG would have been bankrupt, cause if i choose to spend my hard earned cash on platinum it means i dont want to spend all my time farming.

If i wanted to spend all my time farming i wouldnt have chosen to get platinum, are you asking me to both use my money to buy platinum and farm hardcore? why? i could just farm hardcore without buying platinum

If youre still not seeing the pattern or logic here..

Finally, your age was made clear to me by the words you type not what other people told me, think about that for a second.

Its just one event man!!! Every events are for plat players and people complained a lot , when they gave non plat players a bit chance , people still are complaining!
Plat players still have better chance of profits than non plat players anyway even in this event!!

1- there are lots of plats players who don't chase LB and just race to gold tiers in their mains their alts just to get dova bear and sell it at 1.2m ish gold.
When non plat players will reach gold tiers in their alts, bear will cost 600k ish only!

2- With plats you could buy those 500 tokens or gilded vanities and sell them at 500-800k ish gold. I myself did it.
You gotta be fast at the beginning of any event when prices are sky high!
Non plat players can't do these!

3- and those energy kits!! :P

4- etc etc

So no one is saying you to farm hardcore and buy plats too!!! With plats you can get easy golds. I don't see anything wrong when the non plat players get some chance in making golds!!
Things will mess up only when you wanna get/do everything your own, chasing LB, Farming essence, crafting new lockeds, opening new lockeds.

I am happy with the event the way it is.
Peace

—AshDex

Rare
07-03-2014, 07:48 AM

and you just thought they'd stay there and be stable at that price? Sorry you thought that. Its just like everything else. When its new, the price is outrageous. These are no different.

Rare
07-03-2014, 07:50 AM
I guess eric doesnt understand that some people dont have time to grind, dont have the gold the buy 70k a crate

And really pissed off that they farmed all these crates before to find out they would be 100% stupid to open cause theyre just... "normal crates"

Eric im sorry but you sound like youre applying for a job at STG more than youre trying to hear my side in this, STG better listen cause.. well this game should be fun and for the first time ever i want to gamble but i cant cant im blocked by brainless essences farming.

No, its simple. Some people don't open crates.. So you can see where this is going... if they aren't being opened, they're being sold. This is perfect for that scenario. Are you surprised?

Its just one event man!!! Every events are for plat players and people complained a lot , when they gave non plat players a bit chance , people still are complaining!
Plat players still have better chance of profits than non plat players anyway even in this event!!

No no no see... here's where you're wrong. Nobody is actually complaining about the event itself. STS gave free players free energy, free chances at mythic weapons and a pretty decent event (even the gear is good, AND scaled). What did they give to people wanting to craft their crates? Hours upon hours toiling away in boring tombs that we've spent enormous amounts of time in this season already. What? So the free players can make an extra buck off of them?

You make it sound as though in order to satisfy F2P players, you have screw over P2P players. Why is that? Why do so many people (not necessarily you) feel like they have to "get back at" platinum players? "Haha... TAKE THAT plat spender!!" #jealousytalks

Reunegade
07-03-2014, 08:29 AM
Zzzzzzz someone lock this thrrad
Lol Obee, tell me one reason why this needs to be locked.

Trenton
07-03-2014, 09:08 AM
Lol Obee, tell me one reason why this needs to be locked.
Mad bcus everyone against him

Ellysius
07-03-2014, 01:09 PM
Run wt4. It's boring,but in one run the most i got was 4 Energy and 2 Elondrian...
Sometimes you don't get them,sometimes you do... Just be patient.

ancestor
07-03-2014, 02:10 PM
The only people who managed to make 200-500k were the people able to buy tokens with plat (most likely), get lucky with essences, and plat through the timer, yet nobody has a problem with this very obvious plat user advantage.

Interestingly enough, the people that are wanting to buy essences are people that just want to craft their own existing stash of crates that they saved for the "next mythic event" and just want to open crates, not flip them for large sums of money to sell to other players.

It was easy enough before, 15 plat, open crate. Now they lose 1/3 of their crates, pay through timer (most likely weren't gonna wait 4 hrs for 5 crates) and then open crates at the "cheaper" cost of 23plat.

The essence requirement just slowed down the inevitable crash of elondrian crates, soon enough they will be 12-15k, rugular locks will be cheaper than gems since they continue to drop and saturate the market. If sts really wanted to create a crate sink, they would have removed the old crates from the loot table and make elondrian crates drop from any (or most) of the elondrian bosses.

Nobody is going to be opening regular lockeds in volume like in the past knowing that "event crates" are now going to be the new hot crate to open. Maybe that's a good thing. All the arcane items inside them will truly become arcane and players will be happy.

Nope No plat Spent. Just Like 40K For Energy Kits But In The Long Run I Made Way More Money Then I Spent On Getting The Recipe. I Was Just One Of The First Ones To Figure Out How It worked

ancestor
07-03-2014, 02:12 PM
I have a question, do you use plat when you craft your lockeds?

Nope I waited

ancestor
07-03-2014, 02:13 PM
and you just thought they'd stay there and be stable at that price? Sorry you thought that. Its just like everything else. When its new, the price is outrageous. These are no different.
No No No, I Never Thought They Would Stay At 500K A Peice. But The Point I Was Trying To Make Is If They Increased Essence Rate. The Prices Would Even Plummet More Than Already.

ancestor
07-03-2014, 02:14 PM
Run wt4. It's boring,but in one run the most i got was 4 Energy and 2 Elondrian...
Sometimes you don't get them,sometimes you do... Just be patient.

^^^ Best Advise On Forums.

Xeusx
07-03-2014, 04:41 PM
No No No, I Never Thought They Would Stay At 500K A Peice. But The Point I Was Trying To Make Is If They Increased Essence Rate. The Prices Would Even Plummet More Than Already.
Ances, can you dont spam the thread? ;)
I don't want essence drop rate increased, this will make the CS become destruction -,-

ancestor
07-03-2014, 05:08 PM
Ances, can you dont spam the thread? ;)
I don't want essence drop rate increased, this will make the CS become destruction -,-

Its Not Spam If Its Useful

Xeusx
07-03-2014, 05:12 PM
Its Not Spam If Its Useful
Don't know what Spam means?
Spam means you posted 4 times without no reply from ppl in the same thread, now get it?
Also, you can stack the quotes and make it in 1 same post.

ancestor
07-05-2014, 12:58 AM
Don't know what Spam means?
Spam means you posted 4 times without no reply from ppl in the same thread, now get it?
Also, you can stack the quotes and make it in 1 same post.
Apparently You Dont Know What It Means

spam/
noun
noun: spam; plural noun: spams; noun: Spam
irrelevant or inappropriate messages sent on the Internet to a large number of recipients.
unwanted or intrusive advertising on the

Energizeric
07-05-2014, 01:15 AM

Not true. As soon as event went live, I used me 3 free energy points. During those 3 runs, I looted one more energy point, and used that one as well. Then I went to WT4 and spent the next 2 hours farming essences there. Then I crafted 5 energy kits. As soon as those energy kits were done, I used them, and with those 5 runs I had enough tokens to buy the recipe to craft the elondrian crates. I then started crafting 4 elondrian crates. 4 hours later I quickly listed them for sale, each for 359k, and they all sold in about an hour. Then I went back to farming essences for another couple of hours, and crafted 5 more crates. By the time those next crates were done, the price had dropped to around 150k, and I was able to sell all 5 of them for around 145k each. Then I started crafting 5 more, but it was time for bed so I went to sleep.

By the time I woke up the next day, the price had dropped to 85k, so I listed them all for 80k. Since that third batch, the price has stayed around 50k, so instead of listing them I'm opening them. I've opened 5 so far, haven't gotten anything really good. I have 5 more sitting now, and I'm crafting 4 more at the moment. When I get up to around 25 in a couple more days, I'll open them all.

So overall I spent no plat on my first dozen or so crates, and I earned around 2m by selling them.

Back
07-06-2014, 02:46 AM
I already sold 13-15 locks for 200k.. Where were u hiding in the first day of event?