PDA

View Full Version : any complaints about dova bear?

procs
07-02-2014, 06:07 PM
im a lvl 15 tank ...me and a few players in my guild are having problems with dova bears stun in fact it doesnt stun at all. ive tested in pve n pvp no stun as of right now ...i was expecting its stun to be similar to clyde atleast ...let the complaints begin!

Goldenlotus
07-03-2014, 03:26 AM
Hearing same from all who own. Zero stun :((

SacredKnight
07-03-2014, 04:02 AM
Dovabear for me rarely stuns ( like 1/1000 ) and the main reason I have it is for Stat Bonuses.. I would advise getting Ripmaw instead because his stun actually works even at level 1.

Xeusx
07-03-2014, 05:28 AM
im a lvl 15 tank ...me and a few players in my guild are having problems with dova bears stun in fact it doesnt stun at all. ive tested in pve n pvp no stun as of right now ...i was expecting its stun to be similar to clyde atleast ...let the complaints begin!
"CHANCE to Terrify" Can you read? And its Terrify, not stun or panic..

Hearing same from all who own. Zero stun :((
"CHANCE to terrify"
If they make the terrify happen always, then this pet already become the king of legendary terrify.
I dont want any legendary pets same with Samael.

Veluthe
07-03-2014, 08:42 AM
Haha! Well there u have it as expected...God stats and crap aa.

Alhuntrazeck
07-03-2014, 11:12 AM
At l40 it terrifies pretty frequent I hear. Anyway you're getting beastly stats right? Like a severely hyped-up Malison.

Tendirin
07-03-2014, 01:21 PM
yeah, its bigger than my mage

ChillyPepper
07-03-2014, 07:02 PM
but what exactly terrify stands for? what it does by terrifying?

Reunegade
07-03-2014, 07:25 PM
"CHANCE to Terrify" Can you read? And its Terrify, not stun or panic..

"CHANCE to terrify"
If they make the terrify happen always, then this pet already become the king of legendary terrify.
I dont want any legendary pets same with Samael.
If they don't terrify, then it's not a "chance" to terrify. Can you read? :)

Gesaffelstein
07-04-2014, 02:46 AM
Yeah 'chance', i've heard that before.. (Chance on arcane in locked seems equal to this)

Tendirin
07-04-2014, 02:49 AM
its too slow sometimes

ChillyPepper
07-04-2014, 02:52 AM
Yeah 'chance', i've heard that before.. (Chance on arcane in locked seems equal to this)
^^^^ Lol... well said!

Speedofsound
07-04-2014, 03:08 AM
It has the same description as samael but it wont terrify as much. I think it should be terrifying as much as slag or a little less. My dovabear is level 32 and terrifys 1 in every 20 tries on a warrior in pvp.

Back
07-04-2014, 06:11 AM
Slag VS Dova

STATS: Dova get the win here for his +35 to primary and 10 to both secondary, Slag gives +15 dex, int and 10 str. Movement Speed by Slag is not that important. What good the movement speed does when your stun locked or your debuffed pretty good? Mana and Mana Regen from Dova is helpful not only in PVE but also in PVP

Passive: Dova wins again with chance to bleed, -10% crit, -10% hit and -15% Armor whereas slag -10% Damage and -30% movement speed. What is use of reducing movement speed of a boss? One thing though slag can hit upto 5 enemies(need more info on this) Dova can hit only 3 at a time.

Arcane: Slag completely beats Dova when it comes to their Arcane Abilities. So far I've leveled Dova to 25 and slag is still at Level 15 on one of my chars and I must say when though slag's AA deals very very less damage he doesn't disappoint when it comes to his panic ability. Dova on the other hand deals massive damage but I rarely(arcanely(if u know whay I mean)) see him terrify anyone let alone bosses.

In short: Use Slag for crowd controlling in maps like WT4, KM3, elite and Dova for Boss fight. Both of them are beastly pets in their own rights and I think I speak for most users when I say " Slag is too awesome to let go".

Xeusx
07-04-2014, 06:17 AM
-.-

Zynzyn
07-04-2014, 08:13 AM
I didnt see the Dovabear panic or terrifying at lvl 10. Crawly's stun works better. Now if someone tells us to go level up the pet to 41 for things to work, why not release the pet as "special endgame pet" only? Why do we have to level up the pet to 40-41 for it to work? If it was released to all levels, it should work at all levels. I can understand passive ability and pet damage scaling up with level but a terrify not working unless the pet is high level isnt fair.

ChillyPepper
07-04-2014, 08:16 AM
I didnt see the Dovabear panic or terrifying at lvl 10. Crawly's stun works better. Now if someone tells us to go level up the pet to 41 for things to work, why not release the pet as "special endgame pet" only? Why do we have to level up the pet to 40-41 for it to work? If it was released to all levels, it should work at all levels. I can understand passive ability and pet damage scaling with level but a terrify not working unless the pet is high level isnt fair.
lol... imo terrifying is as rare as getting arcanes from locked [emoji13]

Xeusx
07-04-2014, 08:35 AM
I didnt see the Dovabear panic or terrifying at lvl 10. Crawly's stun works better. Now if someone tells us to go level up the pet to 41 for things to work, why not release the pet as "special endgame pet" only? Why do we have to level up the pet to 40-41 for it to work? If it was released to all levels, it should work at all levels. I can understand passive ability and pet damage scaling up with level but a terrify not working unless the pet is high level isnt fair.
Dovabear is a legendary pet, if you can level up him to level 15, you will see his final passive ability.

Zynzyn
07-04-2014, 09:38 AM
Dovabear is a legendary pet, if you can level up him to level 15, you will see his final passive ability.

I know its a legendary pet, that is very obvious when it clearly mentions 'legendary'' in pink, isnt it? And I am not talking about passive ability. I am talking about Arcane Ability. Terrify is dovabear's arcane not passive ability. :) Besides you totally missed my point. I dont want to level it up to 15 because I use it for my lvl 10 twink. And the point of my sentence that you quoted was that I shouldnt have to level up my pet for its arcane ability to even work. I expect my pet to work fine, according to its description, at all levels since it didnt come with a warning that - "AA works only at higher levels."

procs
07-05-2014, 06:02 AM
I'll try to explain my best

i compared it to clyde . because clyde's stun rate is good but not as good as slag ..dova n clyde are both legendary too....so why not make the stun rates the same...I know they're two different styles ...but the rate of stun on dova should be changed

tendirin said it was slow and that's true it's very slow. I realized when you activate dova's arcane ability he locks on to a target and chases them but when dova smashes the floor .the target is in dmg range not stun range ...if you activate the ability you'll notice 2 rings when he hits the floor the 1st one closest to dova is the dmg zone the 2nd is farther out that is the stun zone....

I hit 2 stuns with dova 2 days ago so at this rate I'll see 2 stuns every two weeks

I'm sorry to say it needs to be fixed.. all pets that stun in a different style has a CHANCE of failing .....dova ...is failing 95% of the time

Kakashis
07-05-2014, 06:57 AM
I would like dova terrify to be brought up to normal levels. No more no less. As he is, the stun isn't working as intended.

procs
07-05-2014, 09:17 AM
...i said 95% ill change it to 98% of the time...its a fail

warriorromio
07-06-2014, 05:40 PM
I'll try to explain my best

i compared it to clyde . because clyde's stun rate is good but not as good as slag ..dova n clyde are both legendary too....so why not make the stun rates the same...I know they're two different styles ...but the rate of stun on dova should be changed

tendirin said it was slow and that's true it's very slow. I realized when you activate dova's arcane ability he locks on to a target and chases them but when dova smashes the floor .the target is in dmg range not stun range ...if you activate the ability you'll notice 2 rings when he hits the floor the 1st one closest to dova is the dmg zone the 2nd is farther out that is the stun zone....

I hit 2 stuns with dova 2 days ago so at this rate I'll see 2 stuns every two weeks

I'm sorry to say it needs to be fixed.. all pets that stun in a different style has a CHANCE of failing .....dova ...is failing 95% of the time

Yes right ...
Try dova infront of boss ...
I tried it with helena..
And dova stun her 6 times during whole fight..
It works when targets are in range..
And it stun the target are stand on 1 place if they are moving or out of range then they dont stun

Sent from my GT-I9082 using Tapatalk

azirock
07-13-2014, 10:22 AM
My dova is lvl 38 but I never.. Ever!! Ever!!!! Saw him terrify lol

aquascaper
07-13-2014, 10:56 AM
I just got Dovabear. Mine is level 6 and I have never seen it terrify. However, I love the mana regen and bonus mana. Along with a 5/5 heal, it pretty much eliminates the need for mana potions. Overall, I think that this is a pretty awesome pet (even at a low level) but could have a better arcane ability.

kinzmet
07-13-2014, 12:59 PM
This always happens when something new comes out. Here are my opinions:

My friend! Thats why it is called chance, if it always terrify then it is not a "chance". Your just unlucky not to get the terrifies, it works fine on my level 16 twink.

It has the same description as samael but it wont terrify as much. I think it should be terrifying as much as slag or a little less. My dovabear is level 32 and terrifys 1 in every 20 tries on a warrior in pvp.

Nope! Samael has "High chance to terrify" description while Dova has "Chance to terrify". Get the difference?

I want to share this picture from a good forumer.

http://i.imgur.com/yQcN1xE.png

Thanks for the picture Madnex!

As you can see, the "Terrify area" is not the same as on Samael's. It has a donut-like area for terrify while the inner circle is for damage.
We must remember that the AA says "Stomps enemies for massive damage, with a chance to terrify"

It is good againts Rogues and mages kiting around you, and the damage area is for enemies near you (in PVP).

Speedofsound
07-13-2014, 01:03 PM
This always happens when something new comes out. Here are my opinions:

My friend! Thats why it is called chance, if it always terrify then it is not a "chance". Your just unlucky not to get the terrifies, it works fine on my level 16 twink.

Nope! Samael has "High chance to terrify" description while Dova has "Chance to terrify". Get the difference?

I want to share this picture from a good forumer.

Thanks for the picture Madnex!

As you can see, the "Terrify area" is not the same as on Samael's. It has a donut-like area for terrify while the inner circle is for damage.
We must remember that the AA says "Stomps enemies for massive damage, with a chance to terrify"

It is good againts Rogues and mages kiting around you, and the damage area is for enemies near you (in PVP).
Ah i did not notice that. Nonetheless my point is still the exact same and yes i "get the difference" lol -_-'

kinzmet
07-13-2014, 01:12 PM
Ah i did not notice that. Nonetheless my point is still the exact same and yes i "get the difference" lol -_-'

I'm glad you get it :)
But comparing an arcane/mythic pet to a legendary pet is kinda unfair. Its like asking a 2nd grader "Why cant you solve this math problem? The 10th and 9th graders can solve them!"

Speedofsound
07-13-2014, 01:17 PM
I'm glad you get it :)
But comparing an arcane/mythic pet to a legendary pet is kinda unfair. Its like asking a 2nd grader "Why cant you solve this math problem? The 10th and 9th graders can solve them!"
I was not comparing the two pets in a whole. I was comparing the arcane abilities which i thought said the same thing and i also said it should have around the same chance as slag or a little less and this reason is because slag is outdated and we need new better pets in circulation legendary or not. Have u seen ripmaw?

kinzmet
07-13-2014, 01:34 PM
I was not comparing the two pets in a whole. I was comparing the arcane abilities which i thought said the same thing and i also said it should have around the same chance as slag or a little less and this reason is because slag is outdated and we need new better pets in circulation legendary or not. Have u seen ripmaw?

I never mentioned about the pet passives or stats. I was also reffering to the arcane ability, take Deary and Singe for example? Almost same AA but singe has additional effect because his arcane. I'm just saying, we should lower our epectation on this legendary pet because his a legendary not an arcane or mythic.
Yes I've seen (and used) Ripmaw, everyone does :) And I agree that both of him and Slag is outdated and needs to be buffed.

Dova is already an elite legendary pet stat-wise. Making its AA terrify chance equals a mythic AA terrify is OP. But I agree on the part about new pet circulation.

Speedofsound
07-13-2014, 01:37 PM
I never mentioned about the pet passives or stats. I was also reffering to the arcane ability, take Deary and Singe for example? Almost same AA but singe has additional effect because his arcane. I'm just saying, we should lower our epectation on this legendary pet because his a legendary not an arcane or mythic.
Yes I've seen (and used) Ripmaw, everyone does :) And I agree that both of him and Slag is outdated and needs to be buffed.

Dova is already an elite legendary pet stat-wise. Making its AA terrify chance equals a mythic AA terrify is OP. But I agree on the part about new pet circulation.
Slag and ripmaw should not be buffed was my point lol....... they are outdated and either a new mythic or better legendary pets should come.

kinzmet
07-13-2014, 01:45 PM
Slag and ripmaw should not be buffed was my point lol....... they are outdated and either a new mythic or better legendary pets should come.

I missed your point on Slag and Ripmaw sorry..lol
..Yes new mythic and legendaries will come, but I hoped its not limited like what happened to nightshade (come on, only 3 people?) so that all players can enjoy. Anyway nice conversing with you Speedofsound :)

Seoratrek
07-14-2014, 07:37 PM
Hey everyone,

I've removed a few posts and just as a reminder, please keep the discussion friendly and constructive. Thanks! :)

SacredKnight
07-14-2014, 09:22 PM
I missed your point on Slag and Ripmaw sorry..lol
..Yes new mythic and legendaries will come, but I hoped its not limited like what happened to nightshade (come on, only 3 people?) so that all players can enjoy. Anyway nice conversing with you Speedofsound :)

Nightshade seems like a pretty good pet but no one would know really, seeing as there are only 3 in existence..and only the winners of that Goblin Event would have an opinion...
That being said I t Nightshade is more of a trophy pet...

Zynzyn
07-15-2014, 06:25 AM
When Dovabear's arcane ability is activated, it shakes the screen. Being a rogue, in pvp, I find it hard to focus on the target when the sudden screen shake disturbs clear sight of the enemy. And if lots of dovabears do that, the screen is constantly shaking and it becomes an annoyance. Could the screen shake be removed please?

Unforgettable
07-15-2014, 10:17 AM
I love that shake. Also, the sound is awesome!

Madnex
07-15-2014, 02:11 PM
Just a correction to myself, both "massive" damage and panic chance occur in the full AA circle, not on divided zones like I originally misinterpreted. The panic chance is quite low, roughly 10% though.

Serancha
07-15-2014, 04:07 PM
The massive damage doesn't seem to be impressively massive, and it almost never terrifies, but then the pet has other benefits.

warriorromio
07-16-2014, 01:41 AM
Prance stun is better then dova's terrify

warriorromio
07-16-2014, 01:46 AM
What is the mean of terrify....
May be its abality to scare your opponents not to stunn them...
Its an personal openion...
I use dova in front of ursoth ...
In solo with tank and he dont get stun for once but I saw something....
That when I use aa of dova when ursoth spawm his red critt area...
Ursoth dont attacks on me after I use dova's aa...
He blocks his attacks not stun him...
May be this is the reason why he never stun any one he just terrify them and block there attacks

Madnex
07-16-2014, 03:54 AM
Terrify/panic and stun all involve intercepting the enemy attacks and making them unable to attack for a short period of time. So no, terrify doesn't specifically block attacks, that's the result that all three effects have (panic, terrify, stun). What you experienced is explained by a bug (#18 if you want to check it on my signature link); certain bosses don't display the correct animations when they are panicked or terrified. Ursoth is one of them.

On topic, "massive" damage is nowhere near massive - your pet will deal more damage with the passive attack in the same time it takes for the AA to charge and land. The three-second time lag between the moment you press the AA and the moment it lands is also another issue since you can't use it to counter red zones. Like I mentioned above, Dovabear's statistically impressive but lacks heavily in the AA area since the terrify rate is roughly five to six times lower than Slag's and Samael's. Did you really think they'd put out a free Samael? Lol.

kinzmet
07-17-2014, 11:32 AM
Just a correction to myself, both "massive" damage and panic chance occur in the full AA circle, not on divided zones like I originally misinterpreted. The panic chance is quite low, roughly 10% though.

Ahh...thanks for clarifying Madnex, I was about to correct my last post when I saw your reply..
You were right! after a lots of testing, the terrify and damage occurs in the same time except that the area for the terrify is larger.

Excuses
07-24-2014, 06:04 AM
I completely agree this pet's stun rate is low.

But if it stuns like Slag, ppl will need no arcane pet except sam imo.
This pet need a con too as it is legendary pet. ;)