PDA

View Full Version : What's the point of portals spawning from mobs?

UndeadJudge
07-03-2014, 12:11 AM
They make us pay for the portal anyway. Why did they even bother doing this lol..

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Madnex
07-03-2014, 12:15 AM
No clue, if the spawning portals in maps were free-to-enter or something I could see a point but right now it's just silly and irritating without offering anything extra than the event village portal. Anything at all.

As suggested before, make the spawn rates a lot rarer but make the entrance through them free. Right now the portal farming part that kept Tarlok entertaining is dead.

Maalice
07-03-2014, 02:42 AM
Agreed... why even have these!!!

SacredKnight
07-03-2014, 03:15 AM
I find them totally pointless too...I mean, during the Goblin Event the mob portals used to be the only way.
But then a glitch was found and then the portal in the event zone was added, now I find the portal from mobs to be just irritating rather then useful.

Hectororius
07-03-2014, 03:26 AM
Aside from introducing new players to the game, the portals are not doing much

Bless
07-03-2014, 03:59 AM
Make access to the grove from these portals for 4 plat?

1 plat discount anyone??

Capolista
07-03-2014, 05:52 AM
Psstt ..

The portal from mobs gives you higher chance to meet large token bosses

It happens to me when im met Ursoth on my 3rd chance to use energy on start of the event (still on 45 event point)

And yes, i do have screenshot :)

Bigboyblue
07-03-2014, 06:17 AM
I was wondering this exact thing. They serve no purpose. STS please remove them.

Zyphruss
07-03-2014, 06:18 AM
I was hoping sts listened to us and make it free to enter portal. Just like tarlok event.

Iliketolol
07-03-2014, 06:36 AM
I was hoping sts listened to us and make it free to enter portal. Just like tarlok event.

same, no idea what these portals spawn for @@ maybe for those who get bored running normal maps and wnna try another map in middle xD

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk 2

chitgoks
07-03-2014, 09:53 AM
lol so true

LightPurple
07-03-2014, 10:01 AM
I honestly think its just to promote the event and tempt people to use plat to go in it...

I run to at least one every run :\ should make spawns same or less and make it freeeee :3

Pandamoni
07-03-2014, 10:08 AM
I'm so glad you posted this. I've wondered the same but keep forgetting to post. Maybe someone from stg will explain it in this thread but at this point it just seems silly.

Uikuha
07-03-2014, 10:49 AM
Im entering portal spawning from mob.. and boom! I got ursoth!

Sorry my English

Samhayne
07-03-2014, 11:08 AM

The portals that spawn in the world as you adventure is to:

1) Fit with the fiction of the event
2) Discoverability for new players.

We significantly reduced their frequency to reduce the possibility of annoyance to our more veteran players.

There is no difference between going through a portal that spawns from mobs or going through the portal in Elondria.

tharidom
07-03-2014, 02:16 PM

We significantly reduced their frequency to reduce the possibility of annoyance to our more veteran players.

There is no difference between going through a portal that spawns from mobs or going through the portal in Elondria.

Pls don't let them spawn at the elite heart thing at ashral tower, we we're completing it and sometimes you opened a portal (by accident) and you were killed.

Snakespeare
07-03-2014, 03:53 PM

It would be fun as all heck if something came through the portal from the other side and scared the bejeebers out of people!

tharidom
07-03-2014, 04:02 PM
It would be fun as all heck if something came through the portal from the other side and scared the bejeebers out of people!

0-o thats sounds quite fun and like a good future idea.

Picklee
07-03-2014, 06:47 PM
Lmao couldn't agree more:)

SamTheDog
07-03-2014, 07:41 PM
It would be nice if we could destroy them like hauntlet canons. Keep 'em if you want to use it, get rid of it if it is in the way. Everyone happy.

Schnitzel
07-03-2014, 08:49 PM

Sam,

Is it possible to make the portals so that only if we tap on them (not use the attack button to open portal option) then they ask if we want ti go to event or not?

Im sometimes clicking attack in wt4, then a portal pops up after mob and im still clicking attack without realizing it, and my mage is looking left, right, left, right. (I want to play wt4, dont want to be prompted if i want to go to event whenever i click attack button)

Thanks